"THE BET"-KYPH ff part 39(END), pg33

bheegi thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
THE BET

[B]PART 1 (introduction)

HORSE RACE ARENA:

Two men and a woman are shouting at the top of their lungs, as they cheer for their favorite horses in the racecourse. One of the men is a tall, handsome man about 6 feet in height and is following the horses closely with his binoculars. The other man, slightly shorter but also good-looking is nervously keeping his fingers crossed as the horses are nearing the finish line. The woman, an attractive and happy-go-lucky lady in her early 20's is just cheering for the fun of it. She does not have any stakes in any of the competitors; is enjoying the company of her 2 best friends in this world.

"Yeah……Jaguar has done it! I knew it!" The tall man gives a high-five to the lady, as his horse has just crossed the finish line ahead of the other racers.

"Kya kaha tha mainey Prithvi? Mujhsey koyi betting mein nahin haar sakta….don't you agree Mishti?"

"Wo tho hai Angad…" Mishti smiled and gave Angad a friendly hug.

"Prithvi…..don't be disappointed….agli race mein main tumhey help karti hoon…." Mishti tried to cheer the shorter man, who looked sullen after another lost bet.

"Nahin Mishti…..ab chaltey hain….kitney paise barbaad karoonga…." Prithvi said disappointedly.

"Yaar….itni jaldi haar mat maana kar…chal let's all go get a beer…." Angad patted Prithvi's back and the three of them walked out of the arena

"Let's go get some dinner…..main thak gayi.." Mishti said.

The two men agreed and jumped into Angad's new sports car to the closest restaurant.

AT THE RESTAURANT:

The three of them found a table at the famous Chinese restaurant and ordered their choices.

"Angad…tu bahut lucky hai….hamesha jeet jaata hai…chahey wo horce racing ho ya phir kuch aur cheez…kya raaz hai iska?" Prithvi asked

"No risk, no gain! Seedhi si baat hai…..duniya mein sab cheez bikaaoo hai….everything has a price….if you are willing to pay it, you will always be successful…."

"I don't agree Angad…..maana paisa important hai, kuch bhi khareed sakta hai, par you can't buy emotions like love with it" Prithvi argued

"naa…love is really over rated….it is a good way to sell romantic novels and chick flicks, but love is like any other commodity…..if you are willing to pay for it, you can buy it…" Angad said

"Ab wahan dekho…." Angad pointed towards another table, where an obviously upset woman refused to talk to the man who sat across from her. The man, her lover was pleading her to talk to him and forgive him, but the lady did not budge.

"OK..darling, dekho main tumharey liye kya laaya hoon…." The man on the other table took out a box and removed a beautiful gold bracelet from it. The lady's expression changed from a frown to an ear-to-ear grin within seconds.

"Dekha….a living example….aapki aankhon ke saamney….." Angad said victoriously

"Sab ladkiyan aisi nahin hoti…" Prithvi defended himself

"I agree with Prithvi on this…" Mishti said as she sipped on her drink, "Angad tumhey shayad kisi se pyaar nahin huya hai…that is why you are saying this…"

"C'mon Misht…… ladkiyon ko tho roz mujhsey pyar ho jaata hai….I just have to buy some flowers or take her out to any expensive restaurant…and bingo they are falling for me!"

"Jis din tumhey saccha pyar ho jaayega, you will not say that.." Prithvi said

"Naa…bet ho jaaye, duniya mein main kisi bhi ladki ko pataa sakta hoon…..yeh saccha pyar vyar kuch nahin hota…" Angad said arrogantly

"Accha…tho aaj tak mujhey kyon nahin pataaya?" Mishti said mischievously.

"Tum? Arre…tum tho hamari jaisi ho….tumhey kya pataana?" Angad joked

"Oh really?"Mishti felt offended

"OK…OK….tum chaho tho main tumhey kal date par le jaata hoon and you will be madly in love with me by the end of the date…" Angad curled his nose and lips and winked.

"No thanks Angad…..you are not my types….." Mishti warned him

"Tum log bhi….ab ladaai bandh karo….let's enjoy the food" Prithvi said

Angad, Prithvi and Mishti had been friends since their college days. Angad and Mishti were originally from Mumbai and both belonged to rich business families.

Prithvi had moved from Nainital to pursue higher education in Mumbai and came from a modest background. Angad and Prithvi were opposites, but that is why they became good friends also. Prithvi's honest and down to earth nature had attracted Angad to him from day 1. Angad, in return had helped Prithvi settle down in Mumbai and treated him like a family member. Angad's parents were very fond of Prithvi too. Mishti knew Angad since childhood and had become a part of their gang since the last 2 years of college.

Angad had joined his dad's construction business after graduation. Mishti was helping her mother run their garments business these days. Prithvi was working for a bank, but was not too thrilled with his job yet.

"Hey guys….mainey ek faisla kiya hai…main wapas Nainital move karna chahta hoon…," Prithvi made a surprise announcement in the middle of dinner.

Angad and Mishti had their mouths left open at that announcement.

"Kya keh raha hai? What are you going to do in Nainital?" Angad asked

"Yaar…main wahan ke community college mein economics padhaaunga…mujhey naukri bhi mil gayi hai…"

"Par Prithvi tumharey tho ab parents bhi nahin rahey wahan….kya karogey wahan jaakey?"Mishti asked

"Haan parents nahin hain, par aur log tho hain….hamara ghar hai abhi bhi wahan…..phir ass pados ke log hain wahan…" Prithvi paused, as his real reason to go back was someone else……someone whom he had loved all his life, but never expressed it. Now that he was young and settled, he wanted to go back and ask her hand in marriage from her parents, Suryabhan and Gayatri Sharma-they had been Prithvi's neighbors since early childhood.

The girl, Kripa Sharma was now a beautiful 21- year- old girl and a music teacher in one of the local elementary schools. Prithvi wanted to go back desperately and pour his feelings out for her. He had tried to express his feelings since they were kids, but had never mustered the courage.

"Yaar…Nainital mein tere career kaise aagey badhega?…yahan tho kitna scope hai…you can make as much money as you want in this city….bas drive honi chahiye…." Angad tried to convince Prithvi.

"Yaar….money is not everything…Nainital ki har cheez aur har insaan paise ko itni importance nahin deta…" Prithvi said.

"Ya right! Nainital mein bhi har cheez khareedi jaa sakti hai jaise ki Mumbai mein….I can bet you on that!" Angad said confidently

"No you are wrong Angad…..I can bet you on that too!" Prithvi held out his hand.

Angad shook Prithvi's hand, "Ok..bet…..main tujhey prove kar doonga ki Nainital mein bhi har cheez aur har insaan khareeda jaa sakta hai…"

"Guys…stop behaving like kids…chalo dessert order kartey hain…" Mishti broke their handshake.

…..to be continued…..
Edited by bheegi - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chocolate_luver thumbnail
very nice seems interesting...continue soon 😊
mitali_s thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
very interesting...plz cont sooon!!! 👏
Mrs.Fr.. thumbnail
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa u r back with another bomb shell ..... 😆 and i just hope angad not gonna apply his bet on poor krips 😉
miss_neha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome beginning... ive already fallen in luv wid dis ff, cnt wait for da nxt part... lukin forward to it!!!
cheeselova thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
wow m gald u started another fanfic
awesome part

haha i thought prithvi and mishti would make a nice pair when i was reading this.. but i guess not.. or maybe just not yet..lolz

ure making prithvi-kripa meet while im watiring for angad-kripa..loll

continue osooonn
bheegi thumbnail
thanks for liking it so far

next part coming up 😊
bheegi thumbnail
[SIZE=7]PART 2:

MUMBAI RAILWAY STATION:

Angad came to the railway station to drop Prithvi.

"Nainital jaakar settle ho jaa, phir tujhsey milney aaoonga.." Angad gave a hug to Prithvi and helped him load his luggage into the railway compartment

"I can't wait for that…..main tujhey Nainital ki sair karvaaunga…phir pata chalega ki main wahan kyon wapas jaana chahta hoon…"

"Aur haan…..remember the bet!" Angad said

"tere saath reh kar kaise bhool sakta hoon ki tu har cheez mein apni shart zaroor rakhta hai…of course I remember but I know for once I will win the bet in Nainital" Prithvi said confidently.

They saw Mishti running towards them, "thank god tum abhi yahin ho….mujhey laga gaadi nikal gayi hogi…"

"Railway waalon ko pata tha ki Ms late lateef Mishti bhi aayengi, is liye train late kar di…" Angad joked

Mishti hit Angad playfully, "theek hai main late lateef hoon, par tum mein tho itni aur buraayian hain ki kahan tak ginwaoon…"

"OK guys, mere peechey ladai mat karna……" Prithvi said

"That is impossible…yeh tho paida hi ladney ke liye huyi hai…" Angad said mischievously.

"Dekhna Angad ek din tumhari sabsey zyada help bhi main hi karoongi.." Mishti teased.

"Help? Ya right! Pehley time par tho pahunch jaaya karo.." Angad and Prithvi laughed together and said their final goodbyes.

As they left the station, Mishti said, "Angad, I am sure we will miss Prithvi…..we should go and visit him in Nainital one day"

"BINGO! That is what I told him too," Angad said as he sat in his car, "see you later Misht…"

NAINITAL:

Prithvi reached his ancestral home. He unlocked the door and came inside. The house had been inhabited since his parent's death a year ago, but looked like someone had been taking good care of it.

"Arre maasi aap?" Prithvi was surprised to see Gayatri follow him into the house.

"Mujhey bahut khushi hai ki tum wapas aa gaye…"

Prithvi touched her feet, "lagta hai aap logon ney hamare ghar ki bahut acchi dekh baal ki hai.."

"Arre tho kya hua beta?…..tum bhi tho hamare bete jaise ho.."

"Maasi…K..Kripa kahan hai?" Prithvi hesitated

Gayatri smiled, "wo abhi school se nahin aayi hai…"

"Tum fresh ho jaao, phir khana khane aa jana, tab tak Kripa bhi aa jaayegi" Gayatri was aware that although Prithvi and Kripa were childhood friends, Prithvi had a soft corner for her daughter. She was not sure about Kripa though. She knew Kripa liked Prithvi also, but was she ready to accept him as a life partner? Gayatri and Suryabhan would not mind if Prithvi and Kripa were to tie the knot, as their only daughter could still stay close to them in Nainital. She thought she would broach the subject with her husband tonight, before probing Kripa's feelings.

SHARMA's HOUSE:

Prithvi was having lunch with Suryabhan and Gayatri was serving them hot food

"Bas maasi…aur nahin…" Prithvi protested as Gayatri kept loading his plate with various "pakwaans"

"Arre Prithvi! Kab aaye tum?" an excited Kripa entered the house.

"aaj hi wapas aaya hoon"

"Tho tum really yahan job karogey?" Kripa sat down on the dining table and served herself some food.

"Iraada tho yahi hai"

"mujhey tho lagta hai tum bore ho kar jaldi wapas chaley jaaogey," she said

"Kyon? Aisa kyon sochti ho"

"Kyonki aisa hi dekha hai mainey…Mumbai ki chamak dhamak se koyi bach nahin paata"

"Accha? Aisa hai tho tum kyon nahin jaati wahan? Tumhey tho chance bhi milaa tha wahan ke ek music school mein"

"Nahin…main Nainital mein hi theek hoon, yahan mama papa bhi hain, aur mujhey chamak dhamak pasand bhi nahin hai"

Prithvi smiled to himself and thought, "bilkul badli nahin hai….abhi bhi pehle jaisi simple hi hai…..kaash ek din meri ban jaaye wo"

After lunch, Prithvi and Kripa went for a walk. They talked about Nainital, their old school friends, her job as the music teacher in the school. He told her about his few years in Mumbai, how he was grateful to have 2 good friends there, how they supported him after his parents died in an accident a year ago, his experiences with the hectic city life, "ab main Nainital hi settle hona chahta hoon…kitni shanti hai yahan…..Mumbai mein kitna shor sharaaba tha….aur jaanti ho Kripa thode din mein mera wo dost hai na Angad mujhsey milney aayega"

"Accha? Tumhara dost hai tho mujhey bhi milna hoga," she smiled

"Haan….bahut hi character hai wo….mujhsey bilkul alag….par dil ka achcha hai aur bahut helpful hai…bas thoda money minded hai…..money is his first love you see"

"Money? Wo tho Mumbai waalon ki bimaari hai….mujhey khushi hai ki tum wapas aa gaye," she smiled again and went back to her house, "bye Prithvi…..kal miltey hain.."

Prithvi just looked at her and sighed, "kab keh paaunga tumhey dil ki baat?"

SHARMA's HOUSE:

Gayatri had already spoken to Suryabhan about a possible alliance between Prithvi and Kripa. Suryabhan was thrilled with that idea. He knew Prithvi was a decent and a qualified boy. His family had been very close to the Sharma's-there was no doubt in his mind that this would be an ideal match.

"Kripa beti…idhar tho aa…ek baat poonchni hai tujhsey?" Gayatri called Kripa to her room

"Haan mama…boliye?"

"beti..ab tu badhi ho gayi hai…."

"Oh mama…shaadi ki baat mat karna mujhsey…abhi main tayyar nahin hoon…"

"Par sun tho sahi…..tujhey Prithvi kaisa lagta hai?"

"Prithvi? Aap meri Prithvi se shaadi karaana chahti hain?" Kripa laughed loudly

"kyon? Kya kharabi hai usmey?"

"Kharabi nahin," Kripa tried to suppress her laughter, "bahut accha hai….par mainey kabhi usey is nazar se nahin dekha mama…..mujhey tho wo hamesha ek dost ya bhai jaisa hi laga hai….," she left the room, still trying hard not to laugh.

…..to be continued...
mansi1219 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
yay.. u started another one.. great start... the bet is gonna be kripa def. i kno this will be awesome!