| Quotable Reads: A Thread for Memorable Book Quotes |

Quotable Quotes

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Thriller Titans

Posted: 25 days ago

Welcome to Quotable Reads!

A thread for sharing quotes from books you read and stayed with you in your heart.

In this thread, let's weave together the wisdom, beauty, and inspiration found within the pages of our favorite books. Whether it's a line from a book or poetry that stirred your soul, a passage that sparked your imagination, or a quote that stayed with you long after you turned the last page.

You can share more than one quote in your post.

Be sure to credit the name of the book and the author along with the quote you share.

If you want, you can also share what did you find inspiring about the quote that it stayed with you – this is optional.

Kindly provide trigger warnings if a quote may be sensitive for some people.

Please mark your post mature if the quote contains mature content.

If you want you can discuss a quote, but kindly keep chatting to a minimum.

Dive in and share your favourite quotes. Let’s celebrate the power of words to illuminate our minds and touch our hearts.

Tags: DreamOfEndless

Edited by DreamOfEndless - 23 days ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Thriller Titans

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?

– J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

“The sister played so beautifully. Her face was tilted to one side and she followed the notes with soulful and probing eyes. Gregor advanced a little, keeping his eyes low so that they might possibly meet hers. Was he a beast if music could move him so?”

― Franz Kafka, The Metamorphosis

“Let’s consider your age to begin with — how old are you?’

‘I’m seven and a half exactly.’

‘You needn’t say “exactually,”’ the Queen remarked: ‘I can believe it without that. Now I’ll give you something to believe. I’m just one hundred and one, five months and a day.’

‘I can’t believe that!’ said Alice.

‘Can’t you?’ the Queen said in a pitying tone. ‘Try again: draw a long breath, and shut your eyes.’

Alice laughed. ‘There’s no use trying,’ she said: ‘one can’t believe impossible things.’

‘I daresay you haven’t had much practice,’ said the Queen. ‘When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”

― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

MochaQueen thumbnail

Romance Renegades

I will add soon.smiley9

foreverlazy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Prize Winner (2022) 0 Thumbnail + 9

Romance Renegades

I'll definitely add more when I have my physical copies back!!!

"You are my entire world, Julie. And one day, maybe I’ll only be a small piece of yours. I hope you keep that piece.” - You've Reached Sam by Dustin Thao

"If I had a heart to give, it would be all yours." - The Fine Print (Dreamland Billionaires #1) by Lauren Asher

“I think being friends with someone should be like the concept of infinity - like you truly believe that person has no limits, and you just want to keep on counting upward with them to see where they go.” - Late to the Party by Kelly Quindlen

“You don’t want to flunk out of seventh grade over the ghost of some dead kid, do you?” - Now You See Me ... by Sarah Hines Stephens & Jane B. Mason (I think about this line more than I should, it makes me laugh every single time!)

All couples hold hands in the beginning. But then... they waver. They get confused and their hands slip. At that point you either let go or you hold on. - Strobe Edge, Vol. 5 by Io Sakisaka

“sorry babe. got spider-verse-ed into a fairy tale.” - A Spindle Splintered (Fractured Fables #1) by Alix E. Harrow 

Chloe realizes this is Shara when nobody’s looking. Born so smart and so curious and so f*cking proud that not even Jesus could convince her she was wrong. Saved by God first and her God complex second. Going through hell and painting pink nail polish over it. - I Kissed Shara Wheeler by Casey McQuiston 

I want to grow with him.

I want to be with him. 

I want to love Lo without people telling me that our love is too much.

- Ricochet (Addicted #2) by Krista & Becca Ritchie

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Thriller Titans

Originally posted by: foreverlazy

“You don’t want to flunk out of seventh grade over the ghost of some dead kid, do you?” - Now You See Me ... by Sarah Hines Stephens & Jane B. Mason (I think about this line more than I should, it makes me laugh every single time!)

This quote is indeed an amusing one. I feel like reading the whole book just for this quote.

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Romance Renegades

Originally posted by: DreamOfEndless

“Let’s consider your age to begin with — how old are you?’

‘I’m seven and a half exactly.’

‘You needn’t say “exactually,”’ the Queen remarked: ‘I can believe it without that. Now I’ll give you something to believe. I’m just one hundred and one, five months and a day.’

‘I can’t believe that!’ said Alice.

‘Can’t you?’ the Queen said in a pitying tone. ‘Try again: draw a long breath, and shut your eyes.’

Alice laughed. ‘There’s no use trying,’ she said: ‘one can’t believe impossible things.’

‘I daresay you haven’t had much practice,’ said the Queen. ‘When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”

― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

This whole book and Through the Looking Glass are sooo soooo quotable, it’s insane. I’d want to add so many more but just leaving this gem off the top of my head for now.

‘Twas brillig and the slithy toves 

did gyre and gimble in the wabe,

all mimsy were the borogroves 

and the momeraths outgrabe.

- Jabberwocky by Lewis Carroll from Through the Looking glass

(PS I dream about this poem being recited by Stephen Fry in his impeccable RP accent more often than I think can be considered normal) 

Will come back with more quotes when I have the actual books with me..

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

"Yes, sir"

"No need to call me sir, Professior"

Harry owned the entire sassy personality with this one dialogue.

Thaat said, will come up with some more soon😎

Edited by oh_nakhrewaali - 25 days ago

I love the idea, Madz, Lizz and Tsmiley31smiley27

I will be sharing lots of quotes soon. In the meantime, this post is dedicated to hilarious quotes from To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

Lula stopped but said, “You ain't got no business bringin' white chillun here—they got their church, we got our'n. It is our church, ain't it, Miss Cal?”

Calpurnia said, “It's the same God, ain't it?”

~oOo~

Mr. Gilmer asked him one more question. “Are you ambidextrous, Mr. Ewell?”

Bob Ewell said, “I most positively am not. I can use one hand good as the other.”

~oOo~

Atticus said, “Scout, do you know what a compromise is?”

Scout said, “Bendin' the law?”

~oOo~

Atticus said, “I don't care what you do, so long as you do something. You can't go around making caricatures of the neighbors.”

Jem said, “Ain't a caricature. It looks just like him.”

~oOo~

Miss Maudie's gold bridgework twinkled. “You're mighty dressed up, Miss Jean Louise.” she said. “Where are your britches today?”

“Under my dress.”

Made it extra fancy. Sorry, not sorry😬🤣🤷‍♀️

Edited by Leenaaa - 25 days ago
foreverlazy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Prize Winner (2022) 0 Thumbnail + 9

Romance Renegades

Originally posted by: DreamOfEndless

This quote is indeed an amusing one. I feel like reading the whole book just for this quote.

It's a middle-grade book if you're into that, but I thought the plot and main friendship dynamic were pretty fleshed out considering that it's a standalone, 150-page-ish book and also the content probably reads very young but then again I read a lot of children's fiction for work.