Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Ginnosuke_Nohar

I thought there's only a handful of readers so no point waiting out. I hope you like the chapters. Good day!

Please don't be disheartened. I am sure you will get more readers as the story progresses.

Have you tried posting on Wattpad too? You have more visibility there.

canapoem thumbnail

Part 13:

Kirti is slowly getting used to the new school. 

Tejas and she have formed a nice friendship. Though looks like only Kirti was laughing at his jokes and was giving him a lot of "bhav" 

Nishit was just being himself I guess. 

He is surely a complex character and not easy to get what he is thinking and why he acts in a certain way.

Part 14:

So Navyam met Mayank and offered him to work in a commercial, for his company and Nishit is the company's CFO. 

All these friends have kept in touch with each other, except Kirti who is in touch with only Tejas.

โ€˜His caller tune is Kissa Hum Likhenge,โ€™ he informed her while she dabbed her face and arms.

After reading the next chapter, I got why Nishit said the above sentence to Kirti. Kya baat hain, banda remembers which song Kirti sang all those years back in front of the class. 

Part 15:

This chapter took me back to my school days and the various competitions and events we had. Nostalgia !!!! 

I was thrilled when Kirti won the prize. 

Nishit, I guess used to stand up for his classmates, subtly. 

Not sure how many looked closely at his actions.

Part 16:

It is Tejas and Sana's engagement today and Kirti, looks like slowly is healing from her heart break.

I love this Shruti. She is like the friend everyone needs in their life.

Did Nishit have feelings for Sana or vice versa?

I feel like it was Sana who probably had a thing for Nishit.

I like Prasanna's honesty. She surely can differentiate between fake emotions and genuine ones.

I also liked how Kirti and Nishit are slowly forming a nice acquaintance/friendship.

Part 17:

I love "Yeh Dil Deewana" song too 

Heck, who cares, what the order is. 

It is a beautiful song. 

Thank you for all the chapters. 

Shereen_J thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Wow, so many chapters. What a treat. Loved reading them all.. :) 

Kirti's situation in her school days feels  so realistic. Her need to get accepted by her classmates. Glad she had Tejas with her, who didn't judge her and accepted the way she was. His jokes atleast gave her some sense of normal friendship. Nishit, I guess has always been little intimidating, mysterious person.. He didn't made her comfortable so she also didn't attempt to talk to him, even though she wanted to.

But we got a glimpse of her attitude when she didn't back down from the competition just bcoz she didn't give her name first. She fought for it, and it shows she has a fighting spirit.

Sana doesn't seem to be a genuine person. Why she ditched Nishit and then engaged with Tejas. And calling Nishit to sing for her was really selfish.

Nishit's telling Kirti that it was the boy's loss, shows that he has observed Kirti closely and he knows her virtues. May be due to Mayank, they will meet soon.

Meerkat thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: canapoem

Please don't be disheartened. I am sure you will get more readers as the story progresses.

Have you tried posting on Wattpad too? You have more visibility there.

I think it takes time to get readers on Wattpad, too.  There are just so many stories there that one just gets lost in the crowd. Also, I think it is not the best place for discussion and commenting on stories. Writing on a particular fandom might fetch readers.

I have always wanted to write stories and share them. The only way for people to notice your work is to write on a particular serial. I did dabble in certain serial forums like Geet, IPKKND and Un Dino Ki Baat since they seemed to be the most popular and alive and the only few serials that I had followed somewhat. But things came up and I took a break. My small stint made me realise that borrowing characters can give you only this much freedom. When you are writing about particular well established names, you restrict yourself to those names and their characteristics, that will get repeated in every story you write. The end game also gets very clearly established which kills all the suspense. That is why I chose to write an original fiction. I thought of posting it in Writing corner first but nobody even opens the posts there thus this place.

As long as I can clearly see the story in my head, and keep getting ideas, I will continue enjoy writing the story and posting it here.  Having readers gives you the validation, but it isn't everything I tell myself. I do feel a little upset sometimes but then I read heartfelt comments here which puts me back dreaming about these people in my head.

Thank you to you for bringing this story to others' attention and also for your thoughtful and beautiful comments.

I am enjoying writing the story because through it I am visiting my own school times. 

Meerkat thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shereenjain

Wow, so many chapters. What a treat. Loved reading them all.. :) 

Kirti's situation in her school days feels  so realistic. Her need to get accepted by her classmates. Glad she had Tejas with her, who didn't judge her and accepted the way she was. His jokes atleast gave her some sense of normal friendship. Nishit, I guess has always been little intimidating, mysterious person.. He didn't made her comfortable so she also didn't attempt to talk to him, even though she wanted to.

But we got a glimpse of her attitude when she didn't back down from the competition just bcoz she didn't give her name first. She fought for it, and it shows she has a fighting spirit.

Sana doesn't seem to be a genuine person. Why she ditched Nishit and then engaged with Tejas. And calling Nishit to sing for her was really selfish.

Nishit's telling Kirti that it was the boy's loss, shows that he has observed Kirti closely and he knows her virtues. May be due to Mayank, they will meet soon.

Hello Shereen,

I had a huge grin reading your post. She does have a fighting spirit, and am glad you noticed it and the also the other little things. Just want to express heartfelt gratitude for being here. โค๏ธ

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

chapter 13

We get to more of the dynamics between the four. Nishit just didn't want to be there. The surprise was Sana taking an interest in biology so much that she would even talk to Kirti about it.

coderlady thumbnail

We can see how Tejas won her over. His acceptance meant a lot when the others were putting her down.

Arshi67 thumbnail

It was lovely reading a whole bank of chapters in one go.

You reminded me of my school days with checking for doubts and keeping up with writing notes. Not to mention doing things exactly because you're not meant to. And giggling irrepressibly on the most silliest of jokes. 

I really like the way you have shown Kirti and Nishit's life entwine unexpectedly time and again the way it does.  Especially their encounter at the leering Navyam's office. Nice depiction of both, their socio economic difference, and how it doesn't seem to bother Nishit. 

Sana comes across as selfish and controlling. Wonder how the laid back Tejas will deal with it. She clearly likes to have her cake and eat it too. 

canapoem thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ginnosuke_Nohar

I think it takes time to get readers on Wattpad, too.  There are just so many stories there that one just gets lost in the crowd. Also, I think it is not the best place for discussion and commenting on stories. Writing on a particular fandom might fetch readers.

True, Wattpad is not good for discussing and commenting on stories. While the story might get more visibility, the feeling of community like here, is not there. 

I have always wanted to write stories and share them. The only way for people to notice your work is to write on a particular serial. I did dabble in certain serial forums like Geet, IPKKND and Un Dino Ki Baat since they seemed to be the most popular and alive and the only few serials that I had followed somewhat. But things came up and I took a break. My small stint made me realise that borrowing characters can give you only this much freedom. When you are writing about particular well established names, you restrict yourself to those names and their characteristics, that will get repeated in every story you write. The end game also gets very clearly established which kills all the suspense. That is why I chose to write an original fiction. I thought of posting it in Writing corner first but nobody even opens the posts there thus this place.

Yes, I agree with you. When you are writing a Fanfiction, readers do come with some preconceived notions and expectations. It is almost impossible to tell a story in a fair sense then.

Here for instance, if Kirti was called Khushi and Tejas was Arnav, most would keep looking when Arnav would break up with Sana or if Nishit is Arnav, readers would keep asking when Arshi romance would start. 

Now, as a reader, I have no idea where Kirti's life will go from here and what is in store for her in the future. The element of suspense is lost in a fanfiction. 

As long as I can clearly see the story in my head, and keep getting ideas, I will continue enjoy writing the story and posting it here.  Having readers gives you the validation, but it isn't everything I tell myself. I do feel a little upset sometimes but then I read heartfelt comments here which puts me back dreaming about these people in my head.

Thank you to you for bringing this story to others' attention and also for your thoughtful and beautiful comments.

I am enjoying writing the story because through it I am visiting my own school times. 

I hope and wish that this story gets is due slowly. 

You are writing a wonderful story. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

coderlady thumbnail

chapter 14

Mayank scared to face Navyam alone? What interest does Navyam have in him anyway?