Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

p4peppa thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: p4peppa

We are living in very very scary times. Regimes before this were also cruel and tyrannical, but the support of blindfold public for this govt. is what scares me. Hitler came to power by playing the economic superiority of jews in depression era. We all know what feeds present govt.. This isn't even about muslims anymore. Punjabis became khalistanis, In Haryana it was jaats vs 35 biradri in 2015... Students became tukde tukde gang... And this tactics is an electoral winner. 

The other day I was thinking about Amir khan ( context : copy pasting started by Akshay Kumar on twitter). South Indian actor Siddharth is the only one from the super patriotic Rang de basanti team, who is doing the super heroic / patriotic job of speaking up against the govt. that too on twitter.

So my respect for South Indian heros has gone a notch higher in recent days πŸ˜€. 

BTW, I am a fan of Mahesh babu also. My daughter likes Prabhas though. She has made all  Aunties (hers) watch Sahoo whenever they visited us prior corona. 

Edited by p4peppa - 3 years ago
kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

We are living in very very scary times. Regimes before this were also cruel and tyrannical, but the support of blindfold public for this govt. is what scares me. Hitler came to power by playing the economic superiority of jews in depression era. We all know what feeds present govt.. This isn't even about muslims anymore. Punjabis became khalistanis, In Haryana it was jaats vs 35 biradri in 2015... Disha Ravi..... Being called out  Christian, as if being a protesting Christian makes you automatically anti national.  Students became tukde tukde gang... 

And this tactics is an electoral winner. 

β€œThe rise and fall of the third reich”; the first part if one reads and thinks about what is happening now, it is eerie. You add the power of social media and technology to that.

Saddest and scariest part is that people who we think would know better, suspend their thinking and buy into whatever is fed

Edited by kizh72 - 3 years ago
p4peppa thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kizh72

Saddest and scariest part is that people who we think would know better, suspend their thinking and buy into whatever is fed

So very true. Many  friends are such staunch bhakts, no fact checking can make them sway.  

Ssanjinika thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Ginnosuke_Nohar

Hi, I hope you and your son are doing well. The other day's response must have come across as really clipped. I was low on time. So now,

Your comment the other day resonated with me. Long back, I used to have lot of Hindi dialogues and then a friend pointed out that if I wanted to reach a wider audience, I'd have to cut it down. But sometimes, you think jokes in your mother tongue and then comes the dilemma of true translation. Fortunately, reading a lot has helped bridge that gap. So, when you pointed out, I was like did I start doing that all over again?πŸ˜† Since, I don't spend that much time (read none at all) in editing, there are high chances of getting carried away while writing and the same text reaching the readers as well. Like the part where Nishit and Kirti have a discussion on class divide, Kirti comes home blabbers some big philosophy to her Dadi. I may pass it off as her being drained out/in a haze/ or just emotional voicing out her real emotions. When in reality, it's just lazy writing/ poor editing. πŸ˜† Could have said the same thing in much better way. Then I think, let's enjoy such digression from perfectionism from time to time. This is a story that write regularly, one for Nishit and Kirti don't leave my mind; second, luckily I have found some really good interactive readers. So, I think if I sit too long with a chapter, I will again revert to my doubting/deleting/writing again/trying too hard ways so let me just go with the flow and just enjoy telling the story. Long rant over. πŸ˜†

Now your comment, I agree with what you pointed out. He went to school and didn't have encounters that would dent his confidence. Also, Kirti has had setbacks in her life both educational and professional; She carries the weight of her family, the world all on her shoulders and judges herself harshly. That also translates into her outlook at life and people in general.

No worries. I have been told off on my need for a Hindi translation by pretty much all our pankhis. Reading between the lines, I've come to understand that basically, I need to get off my high horse and exercise those little grey cells a bit and read the Hindi written in English. I have no excuse to not appreciate a joke in the language it's meant to be enjoyed in πŸ˜† And I have it on the best authority that once I start reading the dialogues, I wouldn't even notice when it is in Hindi and when it is in English. But I agree with what your friend said. I have seen quite a few people who ask for translations when dialogues are in Hindi because they don't understand the language. 

Edited by Ssanjinika - 3 years ago
Ssanjinika thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ginnosuke_Nohar

I think I have watched this one. It was Little Bride or something.

Yep, I think little bride is right!

Ssanjinika thumbnail

'Men, they think they own us or something'. But that is true. Right to own your body : choose a piercing, cut your hair short, go bald. Can we do that? If women start owning their body and their self, not only India, patriarchy anywhere won't have a space to hide. But let's get back to reality...... If husband/ partner does the dishes or takes care of kids.... We should be thankful to them for sharing our work. And if they allow us to cut our hair, that means they are quite modern.

Arey, not just the husband or partner. In India and I am sure in quite a few other cultures, what the woman's in-laws say also plays such a big part. I remember when I got married, my nose piercing which is on the left(Tamilians pierce on the right side, apparently) was such a topic of interest for the extended members of my hubby's family. Luckily, the man put his foot down and put an end to the topic. Your comment reminded me of that πŸ˜Š

Ssanjinika thumbnail

Originally posted by: kizh72

You forgot ripped jeansπŸ˜† we were after all ruled by the Amreekans for 200 years

One doesn’t know whether to laugh or bang your head on the nearest wall

definitely banging my head!! It never changes!!!

Ssanjinika thumbnail

The other day I was thinking about Amir khan ( context : copy pasting started by Akshay Kumar on twitter). South Indian actor Siddharth is the only one from the super patriotic Rang de basanti team, who is doing the super heroic / patriotic job of speaking up against the govt. that too on twitter.

So my respect for South Indian heros has gone a notch higher in recent days πŸ˜€. 

BTW, I am a fan of Mahesh babu also. My daughter likes Prabhas though. She has made all  Aunties (hers) watch Sahoo whenever they visited us prior corona. 

It is the slow death of democracy...unfortunately no one seems to care!

bakwas_serial thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Biplab and Kirti interactions are always a treat to read. Finally Biplab is a bit tongue tied 😁 Wonder what through him off ..the brusque manner or the hairstyle or various body piercings..or the entire package 😁 It was refreshing to read that the cable operator was a woman,who cared little what her customers thought of her..dressing/appearance. High time 😊

It was poignant Kirti reading her dad's diary every year 😍 First recollection of her mom ...even if it is through her dad's diary. Finally will she get a break in her career..do something that fits her interest and abilities? Hope so.

ilfordian thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Biplab is blown over by TV man Lallan who turned out to be a woman. Lallan was a young lady with unconventional dressing and piercing.

Kirti is offered a job in coaching class but she is unprepared to start straight away. Back to the study books for her.