Nakul Mehta in satte pe satta remake to play one of the brother.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Dalisay. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Hmm.. interesting.he won't get to do much if he's one of the 7 brothers. 

Still it's a good sign he'll work with HR n DP n others 

maanmeet1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

the brothers roles were not that powerful.....i hope he chooses wisely......he is a very good actor and he should do roles which can justify his talent and art....my personal pov.... 

Wisal10 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: maanmeet1

the brothers roles were not that powerful.....i hope he chooses wisely......he is a very good actor and he should do roles which can justify his talent and art....my personal pov.... 

Agree!

I was hoping this news would be untrue like the Bajaj news but it looks like it's a given that he will be playing one of the brothers.  The original has good memories because it was one of my Dad's favourites but it's hardly one of AB's best. I can't even begin to imagine the 'special treatment ' Farah and Rohit will give to it!! The brothers are essentially junglees and this type of character will not suit NM. 

On the other hand ITV is the absolute pits at the moment. He may have agreed just for the networking opportunities and it may open some new doors for him. Hopefully this role is just a stepping stone towards better work. 

ithihaas thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zana10

Agree!

I was hoping this news would be untrue like the Bajaj news but it looks like it's a given that he will be playing one of the brothers.  The original has good memories because it was one of my Dad's favourites but it's hardly one of AB's best. I can't even begin to imagine the 'special treatment ' Farah and Rohit will give to it!! The brothers are essentially junglees and this type of character will not suit NM. 

On the other hand ITV is the absolute pits at the moment. He may have agreed just for the networking opportunities and it may open some new doors for him. Hopefully this role is just a stepping stone towards better work. 

Is this new true? I also saw another article about Rithwik joining the cast...all tv actors are going to be part of brothers?๐Ÿค”

Wisal10 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ithihaas

Is this new true? I also saw another article about Rithwik joining the cast...all tv actors are going to be part of brothers?๐Ÿค”

It's not confirmed but the amount of news portals carrying the story and NM's current look suggests it's true. The look is very similar to the ones the brothers had in the first half of the movie. Untamed and needing a brush and a cut!! Rithwik also appears to be joining the cast and actually in his case its a perfect  casting choice. NM however I have my major concerns because this is not a role suited to his personality or physique. I would like to believe nothing could be worse than DIB but than this is a Farah Khan and Rohit Shetty production. Anything is possible๐Ÿ™„

If nothing else he will make some good contacts and have a blast making it (FK runs a crazy set!) and his buddy will be with him. Hopefully he will get back on track after that.  

On a separate note has someone complained about you and your friend? I had fun reading your crazy discussions on your random threads but they appear to have closed. 

ithihaas thumbnail

It's not confirmed but the amount of news portals carrying the story and NM's current look suggests it's true. The look is very similar to the ones the brothers had in the first half of the movie. Untamed and needing a brush and a cut!! Rithwik also appears to be joining the cast and actually in his case its a perfect  casting choice. NM however I have my major concerns because this is not a role suited to his personality or physique. I would like to believe nothing could be worse than DIB but than this is a Farah Khan and Rohit Shetty production. Anything is possible๐Ÿ™„

If nothing else he will make some good contacts and have a blast making it (FK runs a crazy set!) and his buddy will be with him. Hopefully he will get back on track after that.  

On a separate note has someone complained about you and your friend? I had fun reading your crazy discussions on your random threads but they appear to have closed. 

@bold...both can make some utter non sense movies ๐Ÿ˜”....and also they make masala entertainment movies which can go either ways...either they will good or will be too bad even to watch it for time pass on tv.... 

I wouldn't mind NM doing movies for a small role but it should have an impact with audience....but that requires movies which have good stories not these entertainers....thats why I want him to work on web series where content being the king....about Rithwik you are right, he would suit that role..he does have that personality....

No one complained but then Nihara was sure that the threads would get closed anyway bcoz of not sticking to rules..her previous threads got closed by mods..that thread had 10K+ views and she was sure some one would complain sooner or later so she moved the thread to Chat Clubs. You can check there...the title is Kuch Bhi....you can find it there....๐Ÿ˜†

Wisal10 thumbnail

@bold...both can make some utter non sense movies ๐Ÿ˜”....and also they make masala entertainment movies which can go either ways...either they will good or will be too bad even to watch it for time pass on tv.... 

I wouldn't mind NM doing movies for a small role but it should have an impact with audience....but that requires movies which have good stories not these entertainers....thats why I want him to work on web series where content being the king....about Rithwik you are right, he would suit that role..he does have that personality....

No one complained but then Nihara was sure that the threads would get closed anyway bcoz of not sticking to rules..her previous threads got closed by mods..that thread had 10K+ views and she was sure some one would complain sooner or later so she moved the thread to Chat Clubs. You can check there...the title is Kuch Bhi....you can find it there....๐Ÿ˜†

I enjoyed Main hoon na and OSO but everything since then has been downhill. Its Rohit Shetty who is more of a concern. I will never forgive him for ruining my favourite SRK-Kajol jodi. Let's hope they don't completely destroy this one!!!

The length of the role should never matter. I have seen supporting actor's outshine leads on more than one occasion.  The script should be above all. Even the best actors cannot save a show/ movie based on a poor and ineffectual script.  I still wonder why he went ahead with DIB. Everyone could see HS had run out of ideas and he should have run a mile when he saw dhinchak in the title. If that's not a red flag than I'm not sure what is!! He lost a lot of goodwill and many of his ex fan girls are still out for his blood. He needs to come back with a project which may not make people love him again but at least begrudgingly acknowledge his talent.  Let's see what he has in store.....

I did occasionally check out the thread but most definitely not 10k times! The girl clearly has fans. Will definitely pop in at some point.  Have quite a lot to say about a certain medical show! Did want to go onto it's own forum but can't imagine I would be welcomed there!!

ithihaas thumbnail

I enjoyed Main hoon na and OSO but everything since then has been downhill. Its Rohit Shetty who is more of a concern. I will never forgive him for ruining my favourite SRK-Kajol jodi. Let's hope they don't completely destroy this one!!!

The length of the role should never matter. I have seen supporting actor's outshine leads on more than one occasion.  The script should be above all. Even the best actors cannot save a show/ movie based on a poor and ineffectual script.  I still wonder why he went ahead with DIB. Everyone could see HS had run out of ideas and he should have run a mile when he saw dhinchak in the title. If that's not a red flag than I'm not sure what is!! He lost a lot of goodwill and many of his ex fan girls are still out for his blood. He needs to come back with a project which may not make people love him again but at least begrudgingly acknowledge his talent.  Let's see what he has in store.....

I did occasionally check out the thread but most definitely not 10k times! The girl clearly has fans. Will definitely pop in at some point.  Have quite a lot to say about a certain medical show! Did want to go onto it's own forum but can't imagine I would be welcomed there!!

@bold...i was so excited when i knew SRK-Kajol were coming back in movie after so long and Rohit completely ruined it....I was so excited that i watched the movie on first Saturday it was released and Bajirao Mastani the next day...My husband wanted to watch Bajirao but i was like no way i need to first see  Dilwale and then we can watch any other movie....But Rohit made such a bad movie that none could save that film..but i love gerua and janam janam song cinematography...

Well about NM choosing DIB, it might be that he trusted the writers that gave him Shivaay Singh Oberoi...but what he failed to see is the decline in the writing period overall during the course of the show... he should have learnt about the pathetic writing with redux...fans kept on complaining about the bad writing but somehow i didn't think he actually understood it completely....as an artist i think they should know when things are going wrong that's when you will know how to deal with it and take good decisions... about ex fan girls what to say.,..he says one thing and boom goes the twitter... some of them just look like waiting for that guy to say something so that they can bash him...They feel he is responsible for killing Shivika on screen and reason for SC being out of the show....Sigh....and this will never change and they are forever going to crucify him...

Edited by ithihaas - 4 years ago
Wisal10 thumbnail

@bold...i was so excited when i knew SRK-Kajol were coming back in movie after so long and Rohit completely ruined it....I was so excited that i watched the movie on first Saturday it was released and Bajirao Mastani the next day...My husband wanted to watch Bajirao but i was like no way i need to first see  Dilwale and then we can watch any other movie....But Rohit made such a bad movie that none could save that film..but i love gerua and janam janam song cinematography...

Well about NM choosing DIB, it might be that he trusted the writers that gave him Shivaay Singh Oberoi...but what he failed to see is the decline in the writing period overall during the course of the show... he should have learnt about the pathetic writing with redux...fans kept on complaining about the bad writing but somehow i didn't think he actually understood it completely....as an artist i think they should know when things are going wrong that's when you will know how to deal with it and take good decisions... about ex fan girls what to say.,..he says one thing and boom goes the twitter... some of them just look like waiting for that guy to say something so that they can bash him...They feel he is responsible for killing Shivika on screen and reason for SC being out of the show....Sigh....and this will never change and they are forever going to crucify him...

I didn't bother even visiting the theatre for Dilwale.  I knew it was a disaster in the making when I viewed the trailer. Managed to catch it on TV but fell asleep in the middle.  It's the only movie of that jodi that I have not watched multiple times.  Was soooooo angry with Rohit!! The movie was poor but it was also sad to see how far Kajol had 'whitened'. Its been blatantly obvious that she has been using skin whitening treatments for sometime now but this movie was another level of fairness.  Really disappointed to see another actress succumbing to the ridiculous notion of fair skin being better. Seen so many Bollywood actresses and tv actresses fall to this. Wish they understood dark skin is also beautiful and it also sends an awful message to young girls. Another reason for truly hating this movie. 

The writing had clearly declined but I fail to understand how he didn't see it. If you look at his taste in movies and books is quite good. I feel he was living in a bubble and really did fail to understand how appalling the writing was.  Maybe he was only reading comments from his obsessed fans. These crazy fans really do a disservice to the actor when they are blind to their faults, in particular their acting which is their bread and butter. Ironically something very similar happening in another fandom. Karma really isn't kind to anyone.  

He should however have acknowledged the failure of DIB and not lumped it with IB. I  hope he does acknowledge this in the future although I'm not holding my breath on this one. On the other hand I understand if he doesn't because the vultures will just  smell blood and aim for his jugular!! Hoping he comes back in a negative avatar.  A complete baddie with layers would be ideal. He would do full justice to the role. 

Apparently FK is announcing the movie on diwali so hopefully we should know very soon. I seem to be inept in working out the time difference (hoping I'm not too early) but Wishing you and your family a very happy and prosperous diwali.