Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tranquility07 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: nancy56

Every time I read , I can't help but read it till the end !
It is the perfect example of a thriller .
Words are less to appreciate your work and this story shall remain my all time favourite !!!
All the best and keep it up

This makes me dance on tunes, it's so much motivating and adorable to read. It's Seriously like a treat to me to acknowledge how everything is progressing. I feel so honored to hear that you find my work as your all time favorite. Sorry, Harshi! I could not reply to ur comment on watty yet. I was quite disturbed and was actually not in mood to write anything.
Tranquility07 thumbnail

Originally posted by: adyaa

Oh hey ; my name also is Adya !

Same pinch buddy! I am Adya too, though my pet name. 

And the lead is Adhya, unlike us ðŸ˜†
Tranquility07 thumbnail

Originally posted by: HARSHTA

With every line, every paragraph it just keeps getting better and better!
A perfect blend of thriller, romance and mystery.
Absolutely loving it.

Oh! What I would do to see Parth and Erica portraying similar characters onscreen.
It's just a delight reading it
:)

I am seriously on cloud nine reading this! It's just uplifts my mood to write to an infinite extent. I am so glad that you loved it to fullest. There's lot more to come and dawn,I wish you like those twist too.

I would be posting a double update today. 

Btw,you can try reading my other works too.

Together...no longer! : Anupre FF

Love is a beautiful comedy: Anupre TS(completed) (current track)

Fault in our Stars:Anupre OS

And there are many more to come.
Tranquility07 thumbnail
Chapter 6

' Obscure Nostalgia '

She sat down numb, breathing in the rationality to clear her mind that now has turned up into a mess. Her eyes slightly puffy with the dizziness transpiring her senses. "Nothing works the way we want things to  be."her voice low and little coated with disappointment. Adhya sat on her chair unmoved, as if in a daze. Her eyes centrifuged to the diamond graced on her ring finger while she continued to slide it in and out purposelessly.

To her that glittering diamond felt too mesmerising, and enchanting like the deceptive world. Closing her eyes shut she gently pressed her digits over the temple. But the shooting pain didn't ceased,as usual. She was highly chaotic if that pain was all about her head only and somewhere, deep down that disappointment rubbed on her face felt more of a heartache...like something was frolicking in her pit. And she is facing a dereliction in not just emitting it out.

Was it because I am a woman?

This former question always linger once in a woman's life. Is the wrong happened to her because she is a woman? And dejectedly it remains a question mark till the end of it. Is being a woman be reasonable enough to let go for something she have been working hard? How could they? How could they not acknowledge her dedication for the job? She felt saturated of showing the disgust to partiality. This isn't for the first time she suffered through an act like this. There have been many to the list. And it is today she regrets her decision of trying a hand in men's field. 

Her heart was thumping erratic,with every contradictory thought that made her regret her decision of profession. Her pupils squinted, engrossed in thoughtsher bloodshot eyes and red rimmed waterline told another tale of her impatient patience she took to not cry.

That's exactly how the system calls for it. A men's field, with equal opportunity to women is still a honey layered dream in reality. The upmanship always ended with another man to lead her through. That's what they call it. Upmanship. But there isn't a mention for the woman to not take it. 

A dark and anticipated fate.

A silent cry quivered her lips in a shrill, with forceful suction of air she sucked back her tears of disappointment. The passionate job she wanted to venture for without limits has crushed her hope to the limits that system has defined. Adhya pressed her lips in grimace but more than that there is nothing in her hand,except for fisting and releasing that angst from within,though temporarily. Unknowingly her gaze affixed on the lock screen of her phone, the vibrant contrast of their picture felt lively and it somehow gave her the warmth of him, being always there for her. An unsaid warmth that sprouted from inside of her; something so peacefully telling her to relax her nerves down and miraculously it did. Though not entirely,but to some extent, it easied her down as the shallow breathes picked up rhythmic pace.

A sweet and subtle smile started to creep on the twitched lip of hers and the guard to her tears shattered, minimal tears sliding down her cheeks were pumping something... something she was unknowingly to term, but can feel hopefully optimistic. She gently wiped them away and covered her mouth to prevent a chaotic sob to escape. The notification buzz nonplussed a deeply engrossed Adhya, extracting her out of  divinations. For a moment she stayed still before the realisation of calming her nerves down struck her. Heaving a sigh she clutched her cellphone. Those sweaty fingers trailed over the screen and a floating window appeared flashing his name.

' I have altered Dad's appointment with Dr.Pathak today. We would be leaving in an hour from now. One client of mine has called up for a luncheon at three. Call me whenever you are free. Don't stress yourself. I love you!<3
Only yours,
Hubby Abhi.'

Her smile grew wider till it was no longer a smile now, but a casted grin. A grin that was mystical to cast contagious spell of optimism around. She couldn't hold all of those shattering disappointments within herself. She needed an ear to vent it out to, to feel lighter and to know that it's not the end of everything...that she still have chances to prove herself and not to be fooled by them again.

"Hey!"his mirthful voice rang with heavy breathes he intake.

"H-hey!"

The low gruff of her was evident to him. He stayed silent wanting for her to speak up and she stayed mum not knowing what to start from. All they could feel or hear were there breathings and even with no words exchanged they felt soothing. 

She is there for him, like he is there for her. Though it remained unsaid but that's what the tranquility told.

"Everything okay?You stayed silent for so long?"he finally asked after a long pause.

"What do you mean by 'stayed silent for so long'?"her squinting eyes weren't visible to him, but that's how natural she was when it came to him. Every miniscule of her expressions were reserved for him even when he is just on the voice call. She knew he deserves to know her bare.

"No... actually,you need not to hesitate to say something."a light chortle he sang from the other end felt quite annoying to her.

"I am not hesitating to say anything,"she heaved a sigh, rubbing the crease of her eyebrow " it's just that I don't know where to start from." Her vocals croaky, like in the morning.

"You know I did eighty push-ups today."

"Huh?...why are you telling me?"she asked startled.

"To let you know that I still care for myself the way you want me to."

"What should I say?...A thank y-"

"An I love you!"

"I love you too!"

"Acting pricey;are we?"

"Yes!"

"Okay... for now?"he asked stiffing his chuckles.

"Hmm.."

"Say-"

"Actually, Abhi...Abhi, I just want to resign this job. I mean, the entire system is so much conservative with the opportunity they provide to women besides the post they are at." 

She paused, pressing her lips altogether in disgust.

"Something happened again?"

" Nivaan Basu,A.C.P. crime branch would lead the case and I will be there to assist him. Even after the hardships I went through for the case...they just chose me to assist him. And you know the most shocking part, Rukmini Chopra is no more."

"Abhi...Abhi...you there?"she asked not seeing his response.

"Anyway, that's not our concern for now is."his voice unexpectedly flat and disembodied,"Love, you know,once you told me that there would be moments when I want to give up because that felt the easiest option laid. But to give up would be a choice available only for regrets. "

"I do. I do remember my words too...but that was a different situation and this one is a different. That was whe-"and she stopped realising how the hurting truth was about to slip her tongue.

"-when my mom died."he completed. Though his heart felt heavy with the nostalgia but the truth remains the same always, unchanged for it has been done in the past. 

"I am sorry!"

"You don't have to be."he tried his best not sound to sound disheartened but emotions were left unmonitored. "I will call you later...after the appointment would be done."

"Bye!"

"Erm..Bye!"

And to the list of miseries another cause made it's way, it quite topped the list for now, keeping in mind that Abhimanyu was her first priority as of now. Sometimes while finding solutions to our problems we mess things more. That's what she did, messed it up. But aren't those mess a diversion of thoughts, still it stays a lot more messed up than before.

'This day couldn't be more frantic. And if anyway it can,I am rendered speechless.'she thought, staring at now blank screen. 

She felt empty at the moment. Empty of those nagging thoughts that made her weary. Her mind was numb. Numb like the body of pneumonia patient.Every noise felt like music to her subconscious, being regardless what it exactly was. And just there was a beep to all of it before she was dragged to the real world back. It was like a blitzkrieg, like she was transferred to another universe, though just through her thoughts.

She heaved a sigh,grabbed the glass on her desk and gulped it down her parched throat. The noise  of cluttering papers,the typewriter and oration resumed to be noise again. The nerve of her temple started to seep out alleviating ache, with now migraine starting to shoot. 

A knock on the door distracted her attention, her digits slipping down to her sides before she permitted the intruder inside with a low gruff "Come in!".

"Sir, the agency called up to inform about your gazetted car--it's air compressor needs to be mended and the radiator has bursted off which is why the car broke down yesterday,and due to excessive heating the engine stopped working."recited her official driver, gazing on her desk whilst she sat taking in the information. 

"What more can be done now?"she asked mechanically, picking up the file of some trespassing case she started to read through the statistics, or better to say pretended to.

"Sir,I can still drive your private car for you. D.C.P. sir has already gave his permission for. He asked me to add the cost of fuel to the bills of car repairing."thinking for a while she kindly agreed for the option prior and dismissed him.She was quite relieved that she don't have to drive to her home like the previous day or in the buzzing morning, at least something happened to be fruitful amongst the affray. 

"Kanhaiya-"she called him out, gently rubbing her temples. 

" Please get me a strip of painkillers."

"Sure,Sir!"

As the cabin door closed after him,she stirred in her seat closed the file in blink and knotted her fists together being agitated. The shooting migraine was taking a toll on her, without even glancing on the mirror she could evidently feel her eyes heavy and puffy. Her palm started to shiver,with no external factors being the reason, she fisted the air for twice or thrice but nothing seemed to be efficient.

She started to rub her chest in panic, to steady the breathes that had have unexpectedly risen. Grabbing the glass off the desk she drank in a go, though it didn't felt soothing much but exceeded to relax down the neurons that has triggered such an outcome. "Low blood pressure?"she mumbled achingly, pressing her lips inwards to unsurp the feeling.

Her hands worked on a sync stretching the drawers and shuffling to extract her mild tonic for low blood pressure she had been through since adulthood . Filing the glass with measure till the edges she gobbled down her meds. She dropped the glass on table with the last sip,and wetted her moistened lips with a twirl of her tongue.

Adhya felt suffocated even with the windows widely open welcoming the warm daylights. She rang the call bell till an attender moved in with a bowed head and gave her a customary salutation. 

"Call Mridul Shirke."she simply ordered, standing up from her seat and walking towards the window.

"She is out for a complaint filed online through women's helpline forum."he informed.

"Uh-ohkay!"

"Erm...Bye!"

His heart felt heavy with every breath he inhaled, the cumber laid on his chest felt way heavier than that of on his shoulders. His eyes down casted staring at his self within. It took him tremendous strain to stay steady, unmoved,when in fact his feet were wobbling with apprehensions. Abhimanyu's eyes blazed in fiercy fire and the nerves started to seep through his skin. The hands tied in a criss-cross as if guarding himself from some unknown.

"I--I am..I...am-"his words stayed aloof reflecting the aloofness he has started a battle against. It wasn't like he was alone, at least physically he wasn't. But from deep within he started to draw his people away from him. Adhya was there for him if only he understood,she was. 

Living with him she felt her life graced and blessed, every miniscule detail of him never went unnoticed by her. Be it his scrunched up nose in irritation or the free falling fringes he preferred after the night shower, be it his creased eyebrows and some nose rubbing when he tries to hide his blush;she noticed everything of him. Every little of him was barefaced to her. But somehow she failed to realise how he was pushing his limits to stay isolated.And even if she coax him,he was dexterous in negotiations being a good criminal lawyer.

He was getting too addicted to solidarity that it doesn't feel peaceful in any means.

He is getting distanced from her wantedly or unwantedly.

May be that's what we do to the people we love: take shots in the dark and realise it too late that we have wounded the people lethally we were trying to protect.

Abhimanyu's perception

Darkness. 

That's all has prevailed in my life now. The case she thinks I am too careworn for, is the conspiracy destiny made me pawn to. I want to break down,cry my heart out to her. Tell her about the cruel deeds I did to them,but would after the revealations she will stay. Stay with me?

Truth is born into this world only with pangs and tribulations, and every fresh truth is received unwillingly. One day,when that truth of mine will be out, I know that would be the real day I would want to give up. Give up for her. 

"Mo--mom!...I mis-miss you!"I wanted to roar,roar like a wounded tiger but with all the chaos I would end up hurting her and Dad the most. 

My knees gave away, they kissed the ground with thud. I know I was crying. And with those tears sliding down I didn't needed a prove yet why I didn't felt light hearted. 

Why this guilt of hiding the lethal truth of my feels so... breathtaking?!

Sometimes all I want is to be a shadow undiscovered in the dark; may be that shadow can have a heart to lend that budding contrition. An undiscovered shadow that can cry and nobody would ask the reason,why. The shadow that's alive but some you cannot see in dark;only to watch it grow stronger with the light kissing you from the apex.

"Adhya,I lo-love you!"

Narrator's Perception

She watched the gleaming sun and those fluidly glittering leaves under the heat while searing winds caressed her skin and turned it dry with every touch. Her lips dried and withering off as she stood chewing on it bit by bit in her anxiety. She leaned forward holding the window sill and heaved a sigh for it's started to feel better than before.

She retracted to the chair placed in front of her desk and took the seat. Rapping the pen out of the penholder she started her reading session of some important files still left with her. Underlining, crossing, highlighting was everything she was engrossed in while reading the words that somehow made sense.

"It's incomplete!"she whined with her croaky voice. The throbbing headache made the task at hand tedious and to top that the incomplete detail about the criminal made it worsen. Yet again she had to press her call bell and the attendant was at her service in less than a minute now.

"Erm...George."she read the name on his label since the face felt new and out of her knowledge.

"The details about previous cases of Bauwa Singh is missing from the file. Check in the September,2017 record if it's there."She commanded,her gaze struck on the file as she drew the indigo highlighter over the lines.

"Madam-"he stuttered,"Sorry! Sir, I am new here and currently have no knowledge about the files and the record sections."

She was already annoyed but caught her nerves on time to not blast on the poor boy. She wasn't that bad,of course! 

"Erm...no worries then. I will myself check it out. All the best for your new day."she chirped unwillingly and rather pushed herself to enact as sweet to maintain friendly terms amongst the colleagues.

"Anyway, without that the file is incomplete and it's no use reading this further without any knowledge about the previous."she fussed in annoyance. Keeping the papers inside she kept the file back on desk and stood up to leave. 

"Tell Mridul Shirke to report me whenever she is back."she ordered and left while the attendant bobbed his head and followed her. 

She pushed the squeaking door with tremendous pressure as the imbibed door felt an ordeal to attend. With so much effort it took the least space to fit and enter inside. The dimmed light that squinting bulb emitted wasn't enough for her to stand. 

After all it reminded her of something... something dark.

Her heart palpalating and perspiration beads glistening on her forehead. She tip-toed inside, her inhalations deeper than the last as if without it she may die of suffocation. The ventilation available now had painted black glasses adding the intensified darkness. But she just cannot let her fears and apprehensions take an upper hand. It's not the first time she battled with the dark, but in daylights, definitely it was. 

The stockpiles generated a nostalgia, a nostalgia she didn't wanted.

<Flashback>

The darkness of the night didn't match the darkness her life held in that secluded corner of stockpile. The dust particles that swam in air itched her nose with the burning sensation till her lungs strained the cough out,to the fullness. DARKNESS, the thing she was most scared of but now it seemed to be the thing she is most surrounded by. Her energy oozing out from every bit of the cell she was contented of; her figure lean and wrapped like a basket ball rolled over the floor. 

BLACK, was the only colour in sight;leading her to feel blind throughout. She don't even remember the colour of the skirt she wore three days back nor do she knew if it's day or night. But one thing she was sure of was she is going to spend her life without a sun.

she flinched at the creaking of steel doors, scaring the bravest part of her strength:which she know doesn't exist anymore. "Adhya..."the frail of voice seems to be lightening the darkness in her mind and at the same time the golden aura from outside caused tyndall effect making those minute particles shine, when a shadow entered.

"Granny!"she cried in her low spirits as she acknowledged her granny's presence. 

She rushed to Adhya's side, covering her mouth with her palms fearing for the devil. Adhya's heart thumped at the tears her granny's eyes left. Adhya knew what she suffered through with outside the walls Adhya was confined in. 

Adhya had heard the taunts he inflicted on her when her granny stood to fight for her. She heard the shrill of slaps and the thunder of hunters that he used over the weaponless but...she too was helpless.

"Adhya,go away from this hell. He will destroy you."she traced Adhya's facial features as she tried to muffle her weep.

"Go away!"she made her stand on  wobbling feet when Adhya voiced her turmoil "I can't! Granny...I can't."

<Flashback>

"Ahhh..."she yelped in astonishment feeling something crawl on her feet under the pants. And the tiny devilish creature brought her back to the world she lived in. Shaking her left foot vigorously she got rid of the evil mouse creeping inside her trousers. Keeping a hand on her chest she felt her heart hammering inside. 

Her breath was yet not steady and her eyes widened with more of dread than just amusement. Biting her lower lip she muffled her mourns. 

This darkness didn't matched the one she dreaded but it was no less to that. 

Precap: Adhya crashing into Abhimanyu at hospital and another hidden trail on it's way.

Tranquility07 thumbnail
Chapter 7

' Fragile Firmness'

Abhimanyu's Perception

"Abhi... Abhimanyu!"low frequency of Dad's call echoed through the gallery alerting my senses to the best. A part of me twitched with the invasion in silence I was succumbed to yet I had to unwantedly embrace it to carry forward the essence I used to live with.Used. The word now seems so much familiar;with many of my habits turning up the same... something I was used to. And then my fate used me. I know like the previous times, I have to curl up my emotions in sheets of skin and grace a smile. 

My balled up fists steadied the blood flow to my palm,turning it paler than how my heart is,right now. Brushing my tears away,I know I have to let go of it. But then on the contrary I cannot, it's a truth. A bitter truth I can't amend. 

"Y--Yes Dad!"I responded in my slurried tone. Overcoming a whim so intense and bare, like pain, isn't a matter of moment. Sometimes it takes years too but hiding has become a necessity of mine. I may not overcome yet hide it, on time. 

"We'll be leaving soon, just wait for me...I'm still changing."I yelled, from the other side of the door that stayed closed as if mocking me for the confinements I drew around myself;not letting my loved ones to peep through. 

Closing my eyes shut momentarily, I dragged myself into the lavatory to remove the tear stains that lingered on my skin while searing an irritation.

"I have to be strong...for her!"I mumbled under my breath eying myself in the reflection of mirror in front. A reflection that looks so strange for me, infact, to an extent that I could not accept it is still mine.

Abhimanyu's Perception

Narrator's Perception

She stood unmoved, unsurping her dead fears as the spine chilling shiver drew to her south. Her digits falteringly touched her lips, silencing herself from bursting into tears that spurted over her corneas. She needed a relief from this. Her heavy breathes were raspy in agony. 

An inevitable grasp moulded out, with the haunted creaks of the jammed door whisper. She could evidently feel her insides ramming into a rap tune; rhythmically paced up. 

"Sir?"

She didn't had potential to look up. She was breathless. Her shivering and fragile body worsen the situation as the bile rose to her nostrils. 

"Are you fine?...Sir?...Sir?"another gruffy voice boomed in the tranquilized walls. Unfortunately,she couldn't hold it for long and fluttered her lashes to the radiance outside.

Her throat itched with breathlessness as the mouth flew open sucking in the abundance of oxygen. The redness rimming her capillaries darkened with the time. She looked vulnerable. Too vulnerable than she ever wanted anyone else to show.

"I...I...n-ne-need...to go!"dizziness transpired her senses, her debility visible through each step of hers. "As-aside!"she whisper-yelled; panting for air simultaneously.

Astonishment washed the face of two onlookers as the scenario unfolded unexpectedly. She was their senior officer hence they couldn't muster up courage to stop her and ask her for the help she may needed. Awkwardness prevailed with her forwarding steps, a little fallible, and they moved ahead for a rescue. 

"Stop!!"her brittle voice rang in the gallery. She leaned over the neatly painted walls to steady her heartbeats down. With her eyes closed she could see eigengrau; a theme of darkness that didn't scared her at all and rather bridged a connection with her inner self, calming her down.

Gaining her rationality and potential back she enacted to be strong. Something from within still tugged her but then she had a silent treaty with it. "Nothing has happened here. Get it straight in your head. You saw nothing."her vocals incredulously cold,and in daze,as the two stood attentive eyeing each other with some unsaid tension. 

Straightening her stature Adhya pressed her lips,"I don't want to hear any nonsense about this from anyone." Her lips wobbled while she spoke but there wasn't a slurry to her dialect that one could detect. If there was something unnerving about her then it was that vulnerability her body still couldn't get to acquaint with.

With rapid tread of her feet and ramming heart she escaped out of the premises of Mumbai Suburban Police Headquarters. But those hurling sounds weren't over in her head. It was still tuning up to down like the edge of a bobby pin. They were triumphant in stealing her peace of mind. 

'Adhya,go away from this hell. He will destroy you.'

'Go away!'

'I can't! Granny...I can't.'

"I--I... can't!"brimmed up tears slid down her cheeks, her corpuscles surfaced the edge of flaring nostril and cheekbones;turning her dusky skin a little darker in shade of crimson. With her shivering hands she still mustered up courage to fight for herself... something she couldn't in the past and remorse over.

She heaved, brushing off those tears was an ordeal to her frail hands. It wasn't like they were heavy.But the emotion intact made them so. Her lower lip crushed under her upper jaw yet again failed to confine her soft sobs. Though it kept the volume low. Those heavy drops drenched her cheeks erupting her scars more than leaving some stains.

"M--Mo-Momma! W-why couldn't...you be... here?"her amber crisp collar turned wet with the tear drops sliding her chin. Adhya clasped her mouth with her left palm to suppress her mourns as the right one shuffled inside her trousers' pocket to get hold of her car key. 

Adhya's feet were unstoppable, loitering around the tacit parking lot in the warm daylights. The sun in the welkin was in veil of fluttering white clouds but the air swam across torridly. With those perspiring bead on her forehead and wet cheeks,she was too feeble to walk. Too feeble to reach her home, as now she was unsure what was an escape to this. 

She leaned over the door and unbolted it for the driver's seat in a swift.Locked it. It was in a blitzkrieg that it happened. Adhya's perfectly tucked up cap has lapsed loose. In her budding angst she pulled it out;her kempt yanked hairs separated into flyaway wisps. 

"Ahhh...hhh!"her jaws grinding over either. All she wanted was to rant out that hatred from within,that anger;the pain was compelling her feel hollow. The shooting ache of migraine alleviated to the heights now. No where her condition was fine. The flow of tears didn't ceased but the soundproof glasses on did help her vent out.

Pushing the key in she accelerated the engine to life. While driving through the dreary lanes of noon she had no destination in her mind. Her top two buttons undone, suffocation was all she could feel after that strange feeling ,that she called a mixture of hatred and angst.

After hours of aimless driving,she had to pause for the moment her body gave up. She couldn't stayed still.A spontaneous quaver to vehicle thundered her more. The way her so-called special day was lining up to was a stage next to a cardiac arrest. Her shallow breathes,quickened heartbeats and unending tears had added there own share of illness to her.

"Ou-ouch!"she yelped in pain as her head thumped to the side of the window. "What the hell?!"she whipped out of the car but the scene unfolding has left her boggled. 

"Ahh..h!"she could hear him whisper a cry, a young motor biker in his early adulthood, was sprawled on the ground.His face was negligibly visible due to his floppy fringes that covered along with the sides of helmet he wore;that eventually saved him.

The emphatic warm red fluid amalgamated with the moist soil stole her attention. Her heart skipped a beat, everything zoomed to numbness until she saw him writhe and yelp in pain. The darkness circled her senses whilst she got hold of the unlocked door frame;for support to steady herself.

Something was stopping her. Maybe her fears. She saw him writhing yet had no strength to draw herself towards him. "Owww...!"his left foot was blocked under his bike as the bike silencer seared his skin sharp into layers. Gradually,her hold on the cold metal frame grew weak with the wetness of her sweaty palm. 

"A-are you ...fine?"her guttural voice was more of a whisper. Adhya's eyes unknowingly wandered to her sides,the dread of silence and the heat from the sky above was the only thing she could notice. Her face flushed in paleness while zealing up her strength.

She was all alone.

With her feathery steps she drew herself over him;where he laid writhing in his pain. "Oww..."his voice pitched up in spurts of fragments as he neared to give up. She was still shivering with her own apprehensions. A little fear in addition to the prior budded.

"C-calm down!"she rubbed his back while trying hard to blind her own uneasiness. She knelt down the wet ground trying to push aside the motorbike. Her throbbing head made the matters worse, she felt defenseless and vulnerable,she had no option though.
He intertwined in ache. Their slender digits gripping handgrip with all might to unburned the vehicle aside. 

"Ahh..."a minute later he could feel the cumber uplifted and was kept an inch aside. In a reflex his hands circled his bruised foot; his unabashed tears sliding down;as he watched Adhya with utmost hatred.

The sensitive skin in between his ankle and calf has turned in brilliant red shimmering in tiny boils. His tanned skin glowed in sunlight confusing her with the flow of pus. She tilted her head to side for a better view and pressed her eyes with a sigh realising it wasn't so deep as a burn but just a two-degree.

"I..I am sorry!"she muttered apologetically while he hissed. He levelled his head up to his chest and tried to remove the helmet he wore with his one free hand. Adhya crawled forward to help him,"Try to stand...I'll-"but her words were cut short with his jerk. 

"Keep your apology to yourself!"he yelled at her shaking her to core. She stayed frozen for a second with her widened eyes. Though it wasn't deep as he cried but she knew pain endurance has variable levels for everyone. Few can sustain it while some cannot,but out of all,pain demands to be felt anyhow. 

"Look,I didn't intend to hurt you. It was an accident."she tried to reason in her firm dialect. Softly shaken within, in addition to her alleviating migraine. She cursed herself more under breath as she repented how she escaped out to the lanes than waiting for her medicines in her office itself.

"You are injured and need to be treated soon before it get..septic."a fiercy woman in her resurfaced though the trauma she was through has yet not over. And it was sublimed through her quivering lips and overtly zealous body language too. She wasn't in sense to hear out someone else. Her antics were more demanding of him to listen to what she has to say,at that moment. 

"You need help!"she tried again, tracing her palm to his she noticeably made no contact with the region spurting with blood. Her eyes that were already welled up with tears couldn't hold more when she saw his scarped and bleeding knuckles. There wasn't much of it since the blood clotted preventing him to bleed more.

The previous feeling of angst and hatred was now replaced with remorse as she mumbled numerous of sorry' to the victim. She outstretched her palm afraid and waited few seconds for him to hold. Adhya's eyes were focused on the floor beneath as she stood on her heel.Her hands were still shivering while he held on to.

In the flicker of his lashes,he saw her perspiring face with fear embellished. With a soft pull upwards she was able to make him stand on his feet though tattering due to the fresh bruise he had. "Ahh.."he hissed in his husky vocals, Adhya shifted his weight on her shoulders through his left hand coiling around and helped him move forward steadily.

The way he laid his burden off on her, his face subconsciously touched her temples and Adhya's nose rubbed over his turquoise linen shirt. His masculine scent was strong and erupted a bizzare spirit in her pit. The exotic almond magnolia was itinerant to her vision. She managed her balance voluntary; blinking her eyes to lights and helped him settle on his seat before moving to acquire her own.Eventually she had no strength left and still pushed her limits off to an infinite extent.

"Kr-krish-krishna!...I am Krishna."he hissed,leaning his head on the head rest. She did whipped her head towards him momentarily but was more focused on road now. While driving through the narrow dread lanes she entered into the bustling city again. A smirk stretched over his fuller lips that went unnoticed by her.

"An officer;huh?"his creepiness seeped through the way he eyed her in his impeccable formals. Her response to him remained the same even when her insides churned. She wasn't in a good state of mind and then that accident made her go through additional. Her hazel eyes squinted in fear when he felt his hand land on her shoulder making her squirm.

"Stop!!!!"she yelled.

"Umm...sorry! Mistake."

"I...I was just trying to look at back and mistakenly pressed your shoulder while keeping my hand on the driver's headrest for better view."he reasoned with genuineness dripping in his voice but she was clever enough to not buy that excuse at any cost.

"There wasn't a need for it either."her eyes were blazing in disgust while her fingers switched the air conditioner off and windows slided down. "You better sit at your place and cry."sarcasm coated her tone. 

The torrid winds blew past her ear causing a slight tickle as the wisps of her hair flew too. She was least bothered about it and accelerated the car to maximally sane speed.

She pulled for the breaks at the nearest hospital which was eventually one of the best in that region and little costly too.But the level of mental trauma she went by was minimal in comparison to throwing off some bucks to waste.She quirked out of her car that she indiscreetly parked before the entrance to the hospital building and called up for a male nurse around to her help.

"Please,help him out to the first aid as I fill the formalities lately."she requested in her paced up accent with her rush to events was evident through antics. Her wriggling eyebrows were scrunched in worry as she unbolted the door of Krishna's side and stepped aside for the nurse to take up the task. "Krishna,I'll get my colleague to drop you home...and your bike too. Just wait till then."she murmured mechanically straightening her stature and shuffled through her phone book. 

"Uh..erm... that's al-alright."he wheezed in pain when his trouser rolled over his burnt skin and nose scrunched up."Carefully!...please!"she spoke in reflex,as her own lips moulded in a hiss, though a sympathetic. Unknowingly their eyes flickered to either's, she could see an intense emotion swimming in his as they darkened in the pool of almond iris. They stood frozen eying each other with an unsaid exchange... exchanging something from within that others could not see. 

"Uh-erm...I'll be there soon."Adhya's eyes dwindled to her sides in embarrassment while Krishna's eyes still centrifuged to her. There was something about her that pulled him, something tempting about her poised and feebleness, simultaneously. He made it out from her dried up tears stains how much she cried yet stood or rather pretended to be fine. He found her sensible even at her instantaneous panic...and that's what made her slightly different to her in his eyes.

' She is different!' a glistening smile spread across his lips as he walked away. His painful expressions were washed now as he gripped himself out of the nurse's hold carefree when he was out of Adhya's visibility. 

"Si-sir,you are injured!"whispered the male nurse in his bewildered vocals and eyed Krishna accusingly for the act he put on a few minutes ago. 

"I am fine. Just inform her to reach out to reception for formalities after ten minutes...and that I am already taken for the first aid. Where's the first aid room,by the way?"stifling a hundred rupees cash in his closed fist, Krishna smirked and wriggled his brows in question. 

"Straight and left, fourth room after reception." 

On the other side,Adhya strolled few steps around the entrance rubbing her temples and declined the call after instructing her colleagues to reach at the respective hospital, Vivanta Hospital. As the call declined her eyes flew to the red notification in her call log. It was a missed call from Abhimanyu,nearly around quarter to three. 

'He mentioned to call me after the appointment. It might be that.'she thought, trailing her fingers confused over if she should call or not. She knew she wasn't in a condition to talk to or she knew like in the morning she would end up blurting out stupid things. She clicked on the volume button to discover her cellphone was on silent mode all this while which was actually the reason she didn't know he called up. She couldn't remember if she put it on that mode or it was accident. 

Shall I call him? Maybe it's important.

She picked up for the idea of calling to him and simultaneously checked the time to be five past five. 

He must be worried too.

"Abhi..."she whispered his name branded. Those dried up tears were squinted to the corners as she heaved a sigh. She pressed 'dial' button and held the cellphone close to her ear while taking steps to the leading corridor.

' The number you are trying to call is
currently unavailable. Please dia-'

The mechanical words from the other end zeroed her patience and she declined it in a jerk. She was in a fragile state that was quite next to a breakdown. Adhya maintained her stature as normal but her condition was a silent give away. She rubbed her palms together breathing softly she moved inside;her vision in daze as she kept looking on her wallpaper when she bumped into him.

"Abhi!"she gasped in meagrely whisper as Abhimanyu fluttered his lashes to eye her bizzare spirit all bewildered. 

"Ad-Adhya?"he spoke in astonishment as the file in his hands slipped down. 

She didn't had strength to say anything as finding him there rendered speechless. Only strength she had was to hold on to him and feel secured and she did it right away.Adhya vaulted on her toes to throw her arms around his frame compelling him to stay unmoved. A minute later realisation dawned upon him as he simply drew her closer in embrace. 

He needed that too. That assurance of being in her hold and it did brought him out barefaced to her, though she cannot see his face contorted.He didn't bother to hide his brimmed up tears but held on to her.

Adhya's soft sniffing made way to his eardrums as his hold on her grew tighter, a second later , his fear tugged him in a fierce stroke if she had really come across the lethal truth. "Adhya...Adhya...Is anything wrong?"he called out to her and she stiffened on her spot. She curled his shirt at the back more in her fist as the tears may their way down.

"Just don't ask me what...I cannot answer you about that now. Please... Please just hold me close to yourself. Please Abhi!"she spoke in her wobbly tone and Abhimanyu on the cue didn't let her go too.

"Hey... everything will be fine. Look at me..."he gently drew her away from the shoulders. His red rimmed eyes blinked in assurance as he dipped his head and retracted to poise; pushing his tears back. 

Their eyes were entwined in a serene eyelock as she sensed her being soothed inexplicably. She inhaled a breathe profoundly; distancing herself a bit more on recognising their surroundings,and wiped her tears with her roughened palms. 

"What are you doing here?"

Her voice barely low to audibility yet he head her. His grimaced face did made her look keen to as he fumbled.

"Erm..uh..I was here for Dad's ECG reports to discuss with the doctor. He is fine though--still."

"But we had an appointment with Dr.Pathak;right?... It's him who has treated his previous cardiac arrest. Then all of a sudden--a new doctor?"

"Not a new doctor just...just that...I wanted to go for a second opinion if he is really fine. Nothing serious."

"Uh-okay!"

Adhya satisfactory bobbed her head in reassurance and was about to voice her side of story when a nurse interrupted their conversation, "Sir your appointment with Dr.Brijesh, Oncologist has turned up. He is waiting."

Hearing the word 'oncologist' something clicked in Adhya. She held Abhimanyu's cuff tighter as a shiver ran down. Her inquisitive eyes boar in his skin as he went pale.

"There--there must be some confusion about it. I am here for a cardiologist."

He fumbled.

"No sir!...There isn't any confusion. You registered for an oncologist only. And even have been enquiring for the same since an hour."she checked through the registration receipt in her hand and eyed him startled. "There might be some confusion. Please check it again."Adhya prompted into,her insides churning with some unknown fear,when she noticed the file sprawled on the floor. 

She bent down and clutched it to clear her doubts, flipping through the first page only thing she could come across was the name of patient starting with ' A ' and then Abhimanyu tossed it close instantaneously. He got the file out of her hold boaring his eyes intensely in hers as she stood numb. 

"Erm...I guess, I should clear up the confusion first and see you at home."he passed a sly smile to her picking up pace to leave her alone even without asking her to accompany her home. She could firmly see that act of his and realised everything is wrong. She knew he was lying on her face but didn't had guts to drink in the fact down. Some truth don't need veils to curb upon,few are right in front but it's just that we chose to close our eyes...to experience less pain but end up with more eventually.

She saw the name of patient flashing with initial letter, 'A' , clearly not what 'Vijay' starts with. When she boomed into the reality she found him gone. Nothing was left for her to think at the moment with numerous subconscious thoughts stroking her mind. She was startled by the call from her side, " Ma'am, he is shifted to first aid section. Please fill up the formalities before we proceed him further with the treatment.",she turned to find the same male nurse who she instructed to help Krishna in.

With her dowsy steps she complied for her promise. She walked with silent passage bubbling with whispers, the particles of pungency filled in air compelling her nose to shrink in accordance and disgust masking her facial features.

There was some unsettling feeling in her pit. She traced the tip of her index finger over the cold metallic end of the receptionist's table mechanically, lost in deep thoughts."Madam,how can I help you?"startled with the intrusion she looked up to find a woman in impeccably dressed formals, in her late thirties, flashing a subtle smile at her.

"Erm...I...I was here...to get the victim's wound... dressed up."her tongue twirled over her dried up lips, the shuddering amusement was prominent with the lack of confidence she portrayed.Her palms we're shivering, she noticed and when her eyes flew down to it the blood stains made it look ugly as if the yield of something evil...too evil.

"Sure!"the reception passed a sly smile with her fingers punching in the letters on keyboard,"May I ask the name of patient."

"Abhimanyu Sharma!"she whispered in daze.Her breathes shallow and eyes zoomed to the oblivion behind...to the one that none can see. A lone tear slid down her eyes in realisation as the receptionist looked up in amusement.

"Madam...madam?"she called out to her.

"Erm...sorry! It's... it's...Krishna instead." Adhya clasped her mouth and took back steps tattering due to her wobbly feet. She sat down in a thump on the cold metallic chair placed for the visitor's in the waiting area near the reception. She was too numb to react as this feeling sunk in her...again. 

Narrator's Perception

Precap: Strong headed and mature conversations.

Tranquility07 thumbnail
Chapter 8
' Unveiling half-truth '

Adhya sat slumped on her seat, her tears weren't ceasing with the emotional whirlpool she has been through the day. Flickering her lashes for over times, she tried to usurp that blurred vision of her but with every tear she was getting even more vulnerable. Her senses were skimmed with the out bursting light over the heads; as she shut her eyes closed in dismay. "Abhi..." she whispered in her strangulated voice, that stayed guttural deep down her throat. 

She could feel her body shivering with the lenuga that stood erect. Adhya clasped her head in morose, shaking her head sideways in denials, to her bleak theories. Within seconds, she clenched her fist trying hard to push her tears back and darted her eyes to the gracious solitaire in her slender digit. Adhya's feet shook in rhythm, teardrops lingered her lashes for slightly longer this time, without dissipating to her cheeks. The lump rising at interjacent of her tonsils stayed firm, unmoved even after her numerous of attempts to swallow it. At the back of her ear drums, she heard the frolicking heart; all set to escape her thoracic cavity. For her, the bleak thoughts were so prominently making a space in her mind that even after her attempts to not think about it that way,she was freaking out from her inside. There was a silent voice from within her being, calling her and cajoling her to believe every negative her mind was revolving around.

However, compelling that situation be, she tried to stand firm on her toes with those surging fears. "Where can I find Dr.Brijesh, oncologist?" she asked in her daffy dialect, her fingers knotting into each other in impatience as the receptionist watched her with some unsaid strain. 

The receptionist was chaotic of the way Adhya slumped on her seat, a jittery vibe of craziness permeated through her, her fly away wisps engraved her madness further. And if there was only reliable source for her to realise Adhya being genuine , was notably her crumbled uniform attached with official grade stars and badger. 

"Room no.204,second floor at the right."she mumbled hastily, watching that unhesitant movement in Adhya's body.

With her feet on the rush, Adhya literally swept passed the crowd in her trembling limbs. That rush accelerated the rise of adrenaline in her blood, paleness resurfaced at the apex of her facial features whilst, her finger punched in the button for second floor;in the elevator. 

" What do you discovered?...Is she worth it? Or-"

The anxious vocals from another end resonated avidity compelling Krishna's lips to stretch in a smirk,"Well, Nivaan sir, she is the one. Nobody could be such an idiot like her. I am sure,she would never get the things and end up with problems so unmistakably all the credit for this case would be on your name and she would be at the sideline."

"Krishna, I don't want her to be that stupid but I expect her to commit silly mistakes before we really proceed ahead. Anyway, she is on for the case now."Nivaan said, from the other end of the call. His voice was easied out with evident relief 

"Ahh..."Krishna hissed in pain as the bandage was wrapped around his foot and the blazing boils itched with soreness. 

"Easy,madam...easy-"he spoke the attending nurse who rolled her eyes off him.He could evidently hear Nivaan's down throat chortle which was shushed lately,"Too dedicated for the task. What did you do now to get access to her?!"

"-Erm... Nothing much of that sort but a pretended accident with her car. And I got my foot some boils and a bleeding mess."

"Krishna,dude you are something!...Trust me!"said Nivaan in his amusement that was palpable through his fruity voice . Krishna had his smirk attached throughout; an uncanny whim flashing with the glow on his cheek bones. The nurse stretched the sterile bandage piece out to wrap across his burn when he took it as a chance to decline the call.

"I will- ah..."he hissed at the girth of cloth that was clutched to,"I will talk to you later."Krishna mumbled and slipped the cellphone inside his pockets. As he turned his hand up,he noticed his bruised and bleeding knuckles. The blood percolated in drops frozen at the junction between his fingers. He eyed them keenly, before rolling his eyes off. 

"How much time would it take to be fine?"Krishna enquired, grabbing a wet cotton dripped in the tincture,to clean the wound. 

"Sir,you cannot get the cotton like that. I am here for your dressing."the nurse chimed in her strict professional voice while her skillful hands worked on the knotting the bandage. 

"Uh-sorry!"Krishna spoke in amusement and shot the cotton in air,into the dustbin placed next to the dressing bed he was seated on. 

"It was still unused!"she eyed him disgustingly,shook her head and levelled on her heels. She picked another cotton ball,clutched his forearm and cleaned up the dried up blood followed by dressing it with another small roll of sterilised bandage. 

"It's done,sir!"she tried to speak politely but her gritting jaws were prominent, " you may pay the bill at the reception,now."

Krishna stretched a sarcastic smile, as his inner peace bloomed in multiple folds annoying her more. " Ma (mother), don't grit your teeth so hard or the day won't be far when you would hold them in your palms."he leaned on the exit, craning his neck to the side as an opprobrium smile fawned on his lips. 

"Shut up!"the old lady yelled, her voice boomed in the corridors. However,Krishna walked away in smiles least bothered about the consequences.

She loitered into the passage, as soon as the elevator door flung open, her feet restless with the groping fears. ' To the right.' Adhya reminded her,turning sharply for she moved in the wrong direction,at first. Unknowingly, her step unwantedly dragged and heavy with mind fears stricken. Her body continued quivering in the daze affecting her demeanor more. 

"Two hundred one...Two hundred two...Two hundred three...Two hundred four...Two hundred four...", and at the very spell her breath hitched to her throat turning it dry. She had to twirl her salivating tongue over her chapped lips, pushing her apprehensions behind. 

"Sorry, ma'am! You cannot go like that. Everyone has a defined appointment and it works accordingly." She heard a raspy call from behind,the nurse stood holding a bundle of registration receipts tugged in a board. 

"Is Mr.Abhimanyu Sharma's confusion with appointment cleared?"Adhya enquired instantly, realising her to be the same nurse whom they met downstairs, near the entrance,before he progressed for the appointment in jiffy.

"Oh yes! It's clear. He was little confused with doctor's name but had applied for an oncologist,only."the nurse passed a coy, grimaced smile not understanding what was transpiring between the two, Abhimanyu and her.

"An on-oncologist?" Her breathe sucked out in flow, with her mouth partly open. The fact has unexpectedly charmed her into dizziness, with migraine playing an helping hand,the cold metal clutched into her sweaty and shivering palms when her hand outstretched for support. The nurse supported her in hold while the other patients too rose from their seats in favour.

"Wh-wh-where is Abhimanyu?"she mumbled, her heartbeats paced up as the nurse tried to make her sit on the waiting chairs placed next to the door. "Please,call him!"her lashes fluttered in tears and her face flustered in agony. 

"Wait!"the nurse supported Adhya's head to the head rest of the chair, as her senses danced to dizziness. She was loosening her hold on her and stood at the instant to call for Abhimanyu,who was inside the doctor's cabin for the appointment. 

"I don't want her to go through, so much of pain. She is-"Abhimanyu's words were cut short with the intrusion in the room, as the nurse barged into the cabin, and eyed him empathically,"Excuse me,sir!The woman with you previously, has fainted and calling out for you. Please make a way to."

It took him few seconds to process her words,and when he actually did, he didn't wasted a second further and grabbed the file from desk before his talipes followed the suit in brisk. "Where is she?!"he whisper-yelled in astonishment,and ran out of the room not realising where to move ahead to. The call from behind stopped him from moving further, when he turned he was frozen seeing her laid down on the cold metal seat, so senselessly. 

The droplets of sweat made an effervescence on his forehead, noticing how near she was to the room that confined his secret. He walked over to her,clutched her cold and shivering palms and wetness of it equally matched on both'. 

"Call for the doctor!"he slurried, bending his knees on the floor and acquiring a space in front of Adhya's seat. He clenched her frail fist even tighter, rubbing her hands more in an attempt to generate the warmth. "Adhya...Adhya...Adhya...wake up baby!"he held her from the nape, scared to death but continued rocking her head to-and-fro,he patted her cheeks but nothing seemed fruitful. In the chaos, Dr. Brijesh himself came out of his cabin watching the scene unfolding. 

"Mr.Abhimanyu,side please."he squeezed Abhimanyu's shoulder in assurance, asking him for the side that he clearly give away in the instant, still clutching on Adhya's palm in his hold as the doctor felt her pulse rate going dim. 

On the other hand, Krishna walked over to the reception enquiring for Adhya," Where's the officer who brought me here?".

"Well,sir,if you are talking about the lady officer then she has left to second floor for Dr.Brijesh's cabin."she told him, and shrugged her shoulders to enter the details about the patient standing before. "Sir,you can have a seat and wait for her,if you want to."she added further,seeing him leaning on the desk and not giving space for the people and pointed to the bench, placed on the opposite side of the wall.

Krishna acknowledged her command, and silently acquired a seat fidgeting with his fingers for sometime which were eventually replaced by his cellphone,lately. A while later,he noticed two men dressed in amber uniform of Indian police and straighten his posture, sliding the cellphone in his front pockets and stood up to greet them. 

"Sir?"he called out to inspector ahead,followed by a constable as they stop and turned to him. 

"Krishna?"Inspector asked sternly and nodded seeing him bob his head in agreement. The sharpness of Krishna's enactment was so keen that nobody could really doubt him, be it those painful gruffs or that slight glint of mirth when he was asked for his name. He was ardent with his every move; judged by himself in the prior before he really execute.

"Yes sir! Ma'am told me to wait for you,to drop me home. Can we please proceed?"he beamed in an innocent cheer, stretching his lips to a limit but the vile expressions struck deeply from beneath; maintaining his facade.

"Raiturkar,you get the details about his residence and take his bike to the place. I'll be right back."he instructed the constable next to him. And walked away to the cornered entrance to call his senior, Adhya, in order express for the order they followed. The phone rang continuously, unanswered at the first time but the inspector in-charge tried for it again or would move ahead as instructed earlier, and can be proceeded ahead without informing before hand too.

"Hello?"

"Hello! This ACP Adhya Sharma's contact number; if I am not wrong?"he asked in confusion listening to the strained male voice from the other end.

"Well,yes. I am her husband, Abhimanyu Sharma. She cannot take your call now. She is not well and is currently in doctor's observation."

With the rush and drowsiness in his voice the inspector could easily make out the fact was a truth,"Sir,I am sub-inspector Randeep Bhalla, just wanted to convey that I am taking the road accident victim, Krishna with us. As she told."

"I would settle the bills accordingly,too."

"Okay!... Anything else?"

"No sir!"

And the line went dead the next millisecond.

Abhimanyu stood in a dimly lighten room, hiding in the shadows of the cupboard frames, his hands dipped into his personal drawer fetching out an inert material from the contents. His grim easied down as the plastically confined cellphone came into his sight. He peeped by the edge,to notice an unconscious Adhya laid across the bed, sedated with drugs. He skillfully unzipped the packet, fished the cellphone out, scratching the edges with his short and defiled nails he tried to open the back cover of the android,restlessly. 

His scratching digits went cold when heard her adenoidal voice booming in the air; calling out for him," Abhi... Abhi..."

"Coming Adhya!"

He slid the cellphone inside the respective packet again, sliding the drawers sufficiently soundless for her to listen. His body stiffened in frustration and his nerves of the wrist seeped in green prominently with his harshly clenched fist, for his not viable ordeal.

Adhya's Perception

My head throbbed from within, as if an unknown resource hammering into shreds, there was a reluctancy flashing in my immune when I tried to uplift my lashes. I drew in few deep breathes, till the quivering waves of 
giddiness diminished to lesser. 

"Abhi...Abhi..."I called out to him, pivoting my elbow for support and staged my sore body to the head rest at behind. The corner of my eyes slightly teary, filled with some burning sensation all over my face, and the dimly lighten room added scrunch to my brows for a clearer view. 

"Coming Adhya!"

I heard him say, not realising the source of his voice, my eyes fluttered in heaviness as my fingers pressed the temples to ease. The next time I opened my eyes, his concrete outline was visible to me in the golden lights from the ceiling that glazed the ambience into an exquisitely aesthetic aura of romanticism. But the air was too dense to give away what ambience contented of.

"Abhi-"I stretched my palm out to him,for him to hold and squirmed at my spot to make space for him.

"When do we reached home?"I asked him stuttering, clasping our palms together and rubbed in symphony. 

"Um...Your blood pressure deceased to be extremely low that you felt dizzy. Fortunately, I was there and the doctors injected you the sedatives and vaccine regarding."he spoke, his freed knuckles caressesing my scalp, with my eyes closed I felt the softness he hugged his fingers into my hair with. 

"Nothing more?"

"And yeah, though, you were asleep I got your gift."

My eyes flew open at his words, glinting in confusion for what he wanted to convey. For a while,I literally thought of having a short term memory loss but it's actually the throbbing headache not letting me remember things. Moreover,the day flew by with rushing into things and to an extent it felt expanded up to no limits.

"What gift?"

"The red velvet cake and the cuisine you ordered for us, today and placed an early order yesterday itself."he smiled drawing patterns on the back of my palm," You know momentarily, I thought it to be a misunderstanding but was so hungry that I planned to get it, anyhow. And then, I noticed that delivery message on your phone about the order and I realised it wasn't a serendipity. Gosh,that guilt I tell you! It was the only thing that kept all of the food spared from my hunger pangs. I was guilty for letting my already-lean-girl sleep with empty stomach and was waiting for you to wake up and we could cut the cake together."

His cheer had a latent roughness into it, I could visibly notice the way his adam's apple protude while he spoke. The way Abhimanyu's tongue twirled out on his lips was an evidence to his dried up mouth. There was something so unstriking about the events, I grappled his palm in mine, as hold on it grew tighter with dactyls intertwined. 

"Abhi-", I heaved a sigh, darting my eyes intently into his,"Are you fine?" my voice ultimately low and rugged. He was confused initially, his brows wriggling in curiousity, before he really realised and swung his head into a positive bob. My heart thumped against my ribs, there was a strange ticklish feeling, which probably wasn't good at all.

"Hey,you relax! Let me get the dinner for us;okay."he squeezed my palm, before removing his fingers from my hold. I sat numb with my eyes twisting to watch him take a step back, away from me. 

"Did Dad have his dinner on time? And the meds?"I enquired when he stood up to leave.

"Well,I have already served him what you've ordered. He had his medicines an hour back and must be sleeping now, or studying the account details about NGO. "he spoke hastily,as if avoiding me. He craned his neck towards me, with our eyes centrifuged to either's , leaning on the door subtly, he told me "Uh...some sub-inspector Randeep Bhalla called up when you were in doctor's observation. He told me to convey about...Krish-krishna;right?...yeah, that he would drop him home and settled the bills."

It was then it struck me how the events have been. I heard Abhimanyu's rapid steps resonating but at that moment, I zoomed to insensate feelings. My throbbing headache went silent, in front of the question stuck to my mind; sucking every bit of it's peace out. 

How could I miss such an important detail?

Shit! Shit! Shit!

A lone tear cascaded down, I knotted my fist in fear, the sweaty hands trailed with breathes getting loaded. I don't have strength to face it, I CANNOT if by any means it's, true.

How am I really going to ask him when I, myself don't have strength to?

"There could be other things too. Yeah, it's not always what we feel."I murmured to myself, in taking deep breath in an attempt to silence the devil inside.

"Here comes, the food!"he entered, dipping his nostrils slightly above the platter as his expressions turned voraciously mirthful. He forwarded the cake in other hand and clutched to the plate. "So, where you want to have it? On the coffee table or the bed?"his eyes oscillating between the me and the coffee table placed at the extreme corner of room near the door. And that's when he noticed my lashes lingering with teardrops. 

"Adhya, what happened? You're crying?"his concern evident with the way his lips twitched in sourness. He just stared into me, questioningly.

"Erm, nothing. Just the headache, it's migraine,I guess so-you know sometimes eyes becomes teary."I tried to cover up, brushing away the tears and passed a coy smile when from inside I was shuddering in apprehensions. 

"You are sure?"

"Yeah,yes!"

"Tell me, where you want to eat this?"

"Anywhere, you choose.", I dipped my head little low trying to push back the resurfacing tears. My body felt weary as if every tiny cell of it was cracking from inside. This isn't the situation to fall apart, but I couldn't hold myself either. At end of the day, I am a human, who fears. I cannot be supremely strong, I have my own limits to accept things, and I pray to the it's not one among those unacceptable reality.

"Alright, make space for me. I will feed you the bites."he smiled, and I knew it was forceful, somehow I could predict it didn't reach his eyes. He walked over to me. I shifted a bit making space for him, the aroma of honey chilly potato dazzled in the air as he neared, my lips quivered to fake a smile. I felt so delicate at the instant that any unexpected truth could really shatter me into pieces. He kept the cake at the night stand and acquired a seat next to me.

"Yummy!"he chimed like a baby, flashing his teeth he forwarded the noodles wrapped around the fork. I didn't had the strength yet slurped it inside my lips. 

"Wifey pampering time! Hastag first anniversary. Hastag one year of togetherness."he glorified with his cocked eyebrows trying to reflect amusement. I know he was failing and my heart twitched everytime he enacted strangely. He looked so strange to me, right now. I can't claim if I really know this man before me. He never hide things from me, no matter how much hurtful they have been.

"Was the confusion about doctor's cleared?"I asked him taking another bite of noodles he forwarded. His lips quivered and eyes lost its glint though, a fake one I realized. Unknowingly his head dug to the sides, it was for my hawk eyes observing every bit of him or I might have missed it for it lasted for infinitesimally.

"Uh-yeah. It was cleared, that's how I could find you on time."he cleared his throat, twirling the fork into noodles to have a bit for himself.

"Abhimanyu, what do you think of me?"I enquired controlling my rage, shutting my eyes closed and clenched my fist.

"Wh-what do you mean?"he stuttered, with the noodles plopped in his mouth. I flinched apart me lashes to witness his widened eyes.

"Mr. Abhimanyu Sharma, I am not a fool."my vocals ditching me in between, words came out too breathy to match the level of a groaned whisper.

"Adhya, look I am not getting to you."

"Will you please stop your lies? For heaven's sake, Abhi!"

He kept the plate aside, moving forward to cup my face when I jerked his hands away, drawing a distance from him.

"Don't you dare touch me till you spit the truth!"my vocals brutally dried up, at this moment I could really not muster up my voice, I failed to. The apex of his nose reddening, I could see the tears brimming up in his eyes but I was so detached from the illusions. "I know you were acting in front of me. I saw the name on the file, it's initials were ' A ' clearly not what Vijay stands for. I even followed to Dr. Brijesh's cabin and discovered you inside it. You had an appointment with an. . . oncologist, only! Then why the hell you pretended something else. Why you lied to me? Have we become so strange to each other that you didn't feel it right to tell me?"I cried my heart out. He sat numb watching me brush my team taking in my hurls at himself.

"Are you fine? Please-please tell me! It's not you; right?"I clutched his shoulders, coiling my arms around , his dripping tears pinched me but I wasn't in a rational view of, what to do or what not to. I wasn't fine. " I seriously can't live without you- Abhi! I will die." I clenched his t-shirt rocking him to myself. He sat numb, not even reacting to my touches and his arm stayed unmoved clenching the bedsheets.

"Speak up Abhi! Please!"

I was shivering in fear, sucking the mucous, nuzzled my nose to the edge of his jawline but nothing helped, at all. "Abhi please, please-"I pleaded to him numerous of times but except for his rigid body I couldn't feel anything. His warmth was missing I needed it as a must.

"Please-"he jerked me away, his eyes blazing in crimson as the capillaries rimmed more. I know I have hurted him but what he was doing, is actually suffocating me to death.

"I need time."he mumbled politely, before standing up on his feet. I clenched his palm moving forward trying to pull him to myself. I couldn't let him go like that, not anymore.

"Abhi, please don't leave me! Please-"

"Oh just stop it, Adhya! Will you?"

He ransacked his fingers through his hairs, turning his back to me. I was literally a broken mess and couldn't be blamed for more if he continued to be the same arrogant jerk. It's not my fault. He was the one who hide it first.

"No, I cannot. I only have you, for God's sake, why don't you understand?!"I countered in a fiercy tone as my hold on his grew stronger. My sob echoed in the room and he was least bothered about it. 

"I love you, idiot!"

I heard him say, closing my eyes I let the tears flow in symphony to my frozen heart beats. I felt his fingers rippling in my neck, moving in a swift to held me tight, a gasp escaped my wobbling lips when my head fitted in his nape. His cold fingers brushing my back to shush me down but I felt so absorbed in my own misery. I held the his hem of his collars, crushing them in my fist to the extent I felt it was over; maybe everything is fine.

"It's not me!"he drew the breath inside, when I retracted a little eyeing into his hazel orbs. 

"Then?" I whispered, shivering with the intense gaze he hook me to. A film of tears sizzling in his eyes too, "Do you remember I told you about the luncheon with the client?"he whispered , cupping my face. I bobbed my head in acknowledge, remembering about message he sent me. " The reports were regarding the case."he added further.

"Why did you hide it from me then?"

His body turned stiff, I could feel it with the head effervescing from his muscles at the biceps, I held on to. " I have signed the bond with the client to not reveal about the details to anyone. It's really confidential. And moreover, the case is little risky too and I don't wish to keep your life at stake by any means."he confessed, jerking me to himself he wrapped his arms around me tightly.

"Abhi, you could have just told me like before. There were many cases previously too where things were confidential but you shared it with me. Like I do.", I trailed a sloppy kiss to the sensitive skin of his neck and heard his soft chuckles with the tingling sensation he must have felt. A smile graced my lips too, with tears drying up on their own accord.

"I could have but not every case has same leniency. This case is a bit more risky than others. It can even effect our lives, all I want is your support through this."he said, his shivering voice made me realised it's way more serious than I thought it to be and to a greater extent realising that his life is in danger, I was moved. I was stunned and my insides churned with the thought of severity it held.

"Abhi, please...please, take care of yourself. I don't want even a scratch on your body. You know, I have only you and can't afford to lose you for any stupid case of yours."I mumbled, getting hold of my uneven breath which I felt he noticed too as my vocals turned hoarse. "You know what? You should better leave this stupid case, I totally believe it has distanced us. It has made you to hide things from me, which you never did. This-this case is really stupid, leave it. It is a danger to your life and I cannot live in the terror, anymore. You have know idea how betrayed I felt when I discovered about your play at the hospital."I continued, reflecting how much I despised the case he is working for currently.

"Unfortunately, I cannot! I have signed the contract."

"Stupid, why couldn't you ask me about it before you went ahead with this. I SERIOUSLY hate you!"

I landed a soft punch at his chest, he groaned and turned his mischievously daring eyes to me. I know he was upto something but what exactly is, I can't make out. He rubbed his slightly stubbled chin over my cheeks poking me with his beard, thus annoying me more. 

I was already in the mixed emotions, not knowing where this ruckus of life is leading us to. I wish to give everything he demands for, this time it was my support, but internally I wasn't prepared if I could really.I already live in terror when it comes to the intensity and complications of his job. And I know he too experiences the same regarding mine.

There's something dark about us, a dark love story people might admire from far. But living the reality has it's own horrors linked. Sometimes, all we want is freedom was this. Freedom of our apprehensions, if either is fine or not. Everytime, it keeps our hearts at stake with the fear we might not be together one day when we walk out. And everytime, we have to hide this truth from each other, as if faking things is the raft out of this whirlpool.

He waves me a bye with gracious smile and so do I, but behind that smile I have seen his wavering lips too. That synchronises with the horror of losing me. And might be, he saw mine too yet we potray to play the same, all over again. A game of masquerade, showcasing an enchanting delusion when all we hold is an ugly truth, from inside. 

Sometimes we know, we aren't meant to be yet at the same time;we are together. There's still a probability of present more than a future and we keep holding it to life, till it leads us to the present. And I want us to be the same, with our presence next to each other, in the present.

"And I hate you more now! Shoo-shoo!"I moved backward sliding on the bed as my knees gave away, they have been holding my weight all this while I sat erect on bed hugging him so close. The dried up tears stains made me cringe at the stickiness and the fresh set of tears were pushed back again. He desires for my support and I will grant him that,wholly!

"Ow! You hate me,now?!"

"Yes!"

"Listen?"he called me, extending his hands to catch me but I escaped.

"Say!"I responded giggling at his scrunched up nose over that failed attempt.

"Do you still want to see the name on the file?", My giggles died in my throat. I didn't know what to answer him right there, I was confused but chose what could be the best of all, "No! I trust you!" His lips leaned flat initially, but quirked into a grin just a second later , compelling my face to reflect same.

"Aww, I am so fortunate to have you!"he fluttered his lashes playfully and I squirmed to the side laughing at his enactment when something stuck my butt cheeks, a fork.

"Shit!Shit!Shit!"I chanted at my misery, watching my black hot pants turned into the white with sesame seeds stuck and noodles crushed. I landed my butt into the plate we were having dinner from, just few minutes ago. Undoubtedly my hands flew for a facepalm and the chamber echoed with his undeniable giggles.

"Shut up!"

"Looks like you wanted another reason to cry upon such an AUSPICIOUS day. See God gave you one more!"

I passed him a strong glare, rolling my eyes in disgust. I stood on feet, craning my neck to watch the bizzare view at my behind and then the gaze followed to the sheets that were red with the honey chilly potatoes, another facepalm for me. My gaze turned to Abhimanyu, he was staring back at me with same intensity. His dimples deepen while he looked to me, his hand twirling me around placing a chaste kiss in my hair; " Don't worry. I will change the sheets and comforter. You go and change first." I turned to face him, pulling him closer in a hug maintaining enough distance to not spoil his dress too, like my have been currently. 

"I love you, hubby Abhi!"

"I love you too, Adhya!"

"Don't cry so much. It hurts me."he spoke with withering voice. I knew I have hurted him a lot today, first in the morning and then, now. But I couldn't hold the fears I was succumbed to. I needed him to know, I needed to vent it out or it could actually suffocate me.

"I am sorry! For whatever stupidity I did today, like, I don't know what has happened to me. The more special I wanted our day to be the more stupefied it happened to be. We cannot spend this day together, we fought thrice in the day. What more disaster could I expect today." I complained, I really felt guilty of the circumstances we fell pawn to.

"Nothing much. You should be happy to experience new things in just one day. I mean, we seriously fought thrice today. Wait-when exactly we had third fight by the way?"he cheered.

"A few minutes back,I guess."I asked confusedly. It was a--sort of fight only. 

Yes it was, answered my brain; working efficiently.

"Then when happened the second one?"

"When I called you from the office, remember when I--shit! Office!"

"Office,what now?"

"I am gone,Abhi! I just left office without taking permission for a half-day."

"Congratulations, Adhya! How many more blunders you did today?"

He clapped his hands sarcastically. I closed my eyes in fear as the image of the dark room flashed across my subconscious mind. "Abhi-"I stuttered holding on his forearm, a shiver ran down my spine with those inner voices torturing me again.

'Adhya,go away from this hell. He will destroy you.'

'Go away!'

"Abhi-Abhi-Abhi!"

Adhya's Perception
Before you jump to conclusions, let me confess that I am seriously playing with the character's brain. It's not what it appears to be, there is so much more into it than you realise. I would rather ask you to be patient and let time take the lead, there is so much more to unfold and cherish. It's just the beginning to feel what it factually consist of.

Hope you like the transition of situations in the chapter and it wasn't confusing. If somehow, it was let me know so that I can keep a check on next updates. Don't forget to share your views about this chapter. I will be awaiting for it excitedly.

PS: I cannot proofread chapters now, please forgive. I would edit all the chapters once my exams would be over.
Precap: Adhya's vulnerable past to dig out.

HARSHTA thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Splendid as well!
Beautifully written.
The shifts in the scenes are so smooth, that it looks like a one shot movie!
Update soon
Waiting,
nancy56 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I am seriously telling you to publish this book!
This has become one of those 100-time-read novels !!!!
Love the flow and flawless ness

Dreaming to write such perfection in near or late future 😳 😉 😛
Tranquility07 thumbnail

Originally posted by: HARSHTA

Splendid as well!
Beautifully written.
The shifts in the scenes are so smooth, that it looks like a one shot movie!
Update soon
Waiting,

I am on top of the world right now reading this comment had given me a great boost up to write more and more. I hope I maintain the same integrity throughout while the ruckus is yet to begin with.😳

Thank you so much sweetheart

Loads of love,
Adya.
Tranquility07 thumbnail

Originally posted by: nancy56

I am seriously telling you to publish this book!
This has become one of those 100-time-read novels !!!!
Love the flow and flawless ness

Dreaming to write such perfection in near or late future 😳 😉 😛

Harshi, love it feels so good to know that you love this book to the extremes. I am planning too to get it done through an E-book programme but not until I finish it on Wattpad and here because it makes me feel guilty of ditching my readers in a midway. 

I am so blessed to have found you as a good pal. I am really on cloud nine to evaluate the measure of your admiration to my works. Thank you so much darling

PS: I will share all my tricks and tips once I am done with my exams,I promise!

Abundance of love and hugs,
Adya.