TOI: Why Randeep Rai's family seldom visits him in Mumbai [Article]

NiShI678 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago

Being a born Mumbaikar and becoming one by adapting to this city's life and style are two different things. Ask Randeep Rai, Sameer from 'Yeh Un Dino Ki Baat Hai'. The actor moved to the Maximum City five years ago to try his luck before the camera and create an identity of his own. The Jhansi-born actor has progressively made his in-roads into the industry and is now a well-recalled face. However, he's yet to bring his family on the set of his TV show and give them a first-hand experience of how things work on the small screen.

When asked why his parents hadn't ever visited his sets, Randeep says, "It has been five years since I came to Mumbai. While my parents know how things work here, and my dad is exceptionally supportive of my decisions, they rarely visit me here. The reason is that I don't mind them visiting but it hurts me immensely when they leave. I sulk for days after they are gone. I stop seeing eye-to-eye with them two days before they go. Staying away from them is very difficult for me. That's one of the reasons I also make fewer trips to Jhansi. I had even stopped calling them to Mumbai after a point. Once, they asked my brother why I was behaving so absurdly and not calling them over. He told me to speak to them and assure them that everything is fine and he also wanted me to tell them why I wasn't calling them over. I'm just happy that my parents will be staying over with me for a few days this month. I can't wait for them to come over.

Edited by _NiShI_ - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nonexisting thumbnail
He is a emotional person 
Love him 
It would be difficult for him to stay away frm his family 
Happy for him as his fam is visiting him and he can stay with them

PehliDafaHai thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Aaaw darling! He such an emotional person...Love this guy! 
Let him be showered with love always and have a joyful time with his family...

bmk28 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
His statements change in every articles so I get confused at times. But this one is really good and comes straight from heart. Its not easy to survive in Mumbai all alone!! I can relate to it as I have gone through the same journey. How you yearn for family and understand the importance of it when you are away from them.. Very well conveyed. 
mix_of_emotions thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Sweet heart randeep everyone who knows him closely has wonderful things to say abt him
But he always keep surprising
His values n love for family are really his strong points
I teared up reading this

Never change yourself for anyone rd . ⭐️ stay the same n keep smiling
Also Bhagwan Sab buri nazro se bachaye ajkal kuch jyada hi dikh rahi hai bdays par Bhi nahi chodteEdited by mix_of_emotions - 5 years ago
umam thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
TFS..
Appreciate Randeep sharing his personal experience..

When one is building a career, family's emotional support and physical presence is so vital.. Nice to know that his family is visiting him.. Hope he he has a great time..
Samainadeewani thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Such a sweetheart and emotional person he is 
God bless him .. Nazar na lage 
He disserves all the love in life 
This month is bringing so many good things for randeep 

Anjali33 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Aww.. Family se door rehna kitta mushkil hota h😒
After reading this, I can see the Sameer in him.. Jis cheez k door jane se dukh ho, usko paas hi mat lao.. That was Sameer's logic in the show

It's so sad that Randeep has to stay away from his family
violette thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
oh he is such an emotional and sensitive guy from inside.. the side he doesn't show much to us..

wonder he opened up this much to this reporter .. I guess he was just too happy to receive his bhai Bhabhi this week.. that he opened up this much..

A man difficult to understand bt a man definitely good at heart! ❤️
Niakhush thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This is so heart touching... truely speaking I never expected Randeep to b this emotional...he surprised me this time!!!

I agree... life in Mumbai is nt easy...plus randeep has reached this stage after lots of struggle... struggling days n being all alone is difficult!!!

M glad this time his family is visiting him!!! Hv a grwat time with family randeep!!!