MG (OS) : Inheritance of Fates

frostedstarlit thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Hey Guys!

I know I am supposed to update "Back to You" and I soon will;
But here's an OS I'd love to share with you guys.

Inheritance of Fates

"You are my Heer"

He said twitching her nose.

"No I am not Heer, I am your Sahiba. Get it"

She proclaimed and walked of his office room after they were done with their rather cozy lunch date.

-------------------------------

He was never a romantic, had hated love stories but couldn't prevent the fateful bliss from entering his life. Love. It was something she had read in stories and found beautiful though impractical at the same time. But the cupid had struck when they least expected!

"Geet beta here, I've got you sandwiches"

Her mother came in with a plate of cheese sandwiches.

"Oh mama! Thank you. I was famished."

She groaned and started eating hungrily.

"You know Maan just adores cheese sandwiches. Last time we'd eaten some at Choc lade Caf but you make them the best!"

She grinned with a mouthful.

"I wish he was here to taste them but his stupid stupid project! You know mama the London office CEO could have signed the deal. But no! Mr. Maan Singh Khurana had to take off and supervise everything."

Geet said in one go, all flared up while she ate.

"It's all right Geet"

Her mother said softly, looking at her innocent daughter and left shaking her head.

Geet opened the Epigram project report to make some changes and came across the folder of their pictures together at the launch party. What a waste she thought he was back then. The monster himself, devil personified was how she would have described him just eight months back.

And now?

Darling, sugary, sweetie pie..

"OMG did I just call him sweet pie!"

She exclaimed and started laughing hysterically at her own thought. The tall, broad shouldered, well bred, man with bewitching eyes and sexy stubble was 'cutie pie!' And she laughed again.

She started thinking about all those days when he had just started wooing her. He had changed overnight; it seemed from the green eyed monster to the blue eyed lover boy.

"In my cabin. Now"

He cut the call.

"Kaat diya?"

She questioned herself.

"Dusht Danav"

Muttering to herself she stormed towards his cabin. He couldn't even spare his lover when it came to professional issues she thought angrily.

"What?"

She was all grumpy, a stray lock of hair flying over her face in defiance as she glared at him; a gladiator staring at its opponent! And he played along to bug her further.

"Finish the Epigram design in half an hour."

He said without as much as looking up, engrossed in his laptop.
Her mouth opened in a big 'O' and she gaped at him as if he had grown two horns and a tail too!

"Just because you are an addict workaholic obsessive creature that doesn't mean others also follow suit."

She burst out.

"Cool it lady. I am your senior here"

He said sternly.

"No you aren't. Mr. Maan Singh Khurana its lunch break. So you are not my boss now, you are my..."

And she stopped midway, clicking her tongue.

"I am your?"

He asked huskily closing his laptop.

Standing up, he walked towards her taking deliberate long strides. Her eyes almost popped out seeing this sudden change in his demeanor. He had covered the distance by now and stood just inches away from her. His tall frame intimidating her petite one.

He went behind her, pulling her to himself smoothly. She leaned her head back on his shoulder as her back glued sinfully to his hard chest.

"Bolo naa Geet? I am your."

He whispered in her ear and nipped at it gently, moving his hot mouth down the side of her neck leaving a hot trail of kisses. She squirmed and writhed under his mouth as he drove her senses higher.

New found feelings enveloped her and she couldn't control herself. Her breathing increased and she leaned fully back on him for support.

"Maan"

His name came out as a moan.

Just as he was about to turn her around, a knock resounded and they were jolted back. The peon walked in with takeaways started arranging them on the table.

"Sir Babycorn masala nahi mila, corn ki strike hai na"

He said walking out and Maan nodded while Geet looked stunned from him to the food kept on the table.

She was so touched; a hundred emotions were racing through her feeble heart. This man who would work through most of his lunch breaks, grab a bite here and there had taken time off for her, ordered her favourite food. She looked at him and he instantly gave her a lopsided grin.

"I know I am a workaholic addict and also.what do you call me?...yeah, dusht danav. But don't monsters need food?"

He asked mischievously and both of them laughed.

"Geet, I know time is the only resource I am short of but I also know that I want to spend every possible minute with you. These little tricks will do the needful!"

He said pointing towards their lunch arrangement.

"Good strategy"

She commented.

"Maan Singh Khurana's brain works overtime and overflows with ideas.  This baby, is only a trailer!"

He said pulling her towards him and holding her close. She couldn't talk under his spell for a minute but found her voice back soon.

"Good for you. Because Geet Handa is hungry and she wouldn't want you brain for food"

She chuckled.

"That you chew every day"

Maan muttered under his breath scratching his forehead but instantly felt silent on seeing his lioness glare.

"Uhhh, let's eat"

He said and guided her towards the table.

That day onwards lunching together had become a ritual and Geet had been so habituated to it that she couldn't eat without talking to him.

A smile tugged at her face thinking about him as she sat in her room gazing at the stars hanging down from the moonless night sky. She had become like one of those love struck novel heroines, foolishly counting stars and grinning without a reason thinking about her man, but then this expression had a different feeling altogether. The sheer imagination of how their life together would be, made her heart swell with happiness. She looked at the shadow of hers casted upon the wooden floor, it was in his shadow that she had found her shade, she thought.

They were driving back from a mid noon meeting at the Hyatt and were being expected back at the office soon but Maan was driving at his own sweet pace. Geet looked at him impatiently all worked up at his composed form when she herself was nervous wreck thinking about the project she had to present in an hour.

"Maan could you not drive at a snail's speed, I need to get back early and revise for the ppt"

She tried getting him to drive at a normal road speed.

He let her comment pass and started whistling, annoying her all the more.

"Maaan"

She shouted at her tether's end seeing the man's audacity but he continued whistling.

Just in time, it started pouring outside and they were passing the Reclamation. On seeing the awfully beautiful sea dancing to rain's tunes Geet couldn't help but smile. Maan noticed that little tug at her lips and pulled the car along the side.

Startled at the halt Geet looked at him questioningly.

"Why are we stopping? Let's go"

But Maan got out of the car walking to her side, opening her side of the door.He was drenching and forwarded his hand for her to take.

"What are you doing Maan I have a presentation lined up in an hour. I can't get wet"

"And even you need to get back at the office so come in otherwise who will dry you?"

Geet said planting herself deeper in the seat as Maan leaned over her, water dripping down his wet hair. The trails ran down his face, dropping over hers. She scrunched her eyes closed as the cold drops caressed her skin.

"Maan"

She moaned, expecting him to do the unthinkable.

"Geet the presentation is postponed for four days"

He whispered in her ear smirking and her eyes snapped open. He surely did the unthinkable.

Maan smirked seeing her reaction and doubled over himself in victory seeing her flustered for a few seconds. Before she could comprehend any further, he had pulled her out in the soothing rain. She resisted at once but then gave in, staring at the aqua blue sea stretched in front of them, tormented by the rains. They stood there, beholding one of nature's most beautiful scenes.

"This downpour torments the sea, instigates tides and provokes waves. One can establish the height of disturbance in that otherwise calm sea on arrival of rains but irony of the fact is that this very rain fills the sea, completes it in every sense, just like you complete me"

Geet said holding Maan's hand, looking at the blueness of sea that now became one with the sky.

Maan looked at her wet face, deep in contemplation, drowned in nothingness of the situation. She was so beautiful, utterly perfect for him. What had he done to deserve her he thought.

"It's not me or you Geet, its We."

He said staring her deep into the eyes as she turned towards him.

"We complete each other. I am so much like you and you are so much like me. And still we are so different. We always find ourselves together fitting on the puzzle called life so perfectly"

He said while closing the distance between them.

Ever so slowly the flicker in her eyes guided him to her lips. He penetrated deep into her eyes to see if there was any inhibition but he only found submission. And then there was no stopping, while his self imposed limit was crossed and his lips touched hers licking away the honeyed sweetness mixed with the droplets that decorated her petal like lips as if beads of dew.

She was lost in his passion as her hands encircled his neck while his cupped her face. They explored each other for the first time, tasting the forbidden nectar amidst pattering rains. Their luck favored them as not a bird was in close vicinity at this hour of noon while the two beings sought each other under sun and rain.

After what seemed an eternity to the world and a suspended second to them they broke apart. Her eyes were drowsy, shut under the intensity of their passion while his took in the sight of her flushed face, beholding every moment of this memory to keep his forever.

She opened her eyes after a few seconds but those very bewitching eyes invited him further as his control snapped. He held her close while his lips pleasured her jaw going all the way down to her neck.

"Oh Maan"

She moaned out and he was jolted back to reality.

He leashed his desire and held back himself before he crossed any limits. Geet might have westernized thoughts and adopt modern culture but she was rooted to her traditions and he would never do anything that would make her look down with shame or guilt he thought staring in the distance while Geet was collecting herself up.

After a moment of silence, she held his hand in hers and passed him a smile, a smile of gratitude, a smile of genuineness.  After a long time she found her voice back as she spoke.

"You walk by me without keeping distance still you mark a boundary and keep your heart in it"

She said awed and humbled and blessed at the same time.

"Who would have such self restraint, which man would do that?"

She questioned looking at his face lovingly.

"Any man that loves his woman"

Came his simple reply and she found herself basking in the heavenly light to have such a man love her.

That moment she fell in love with Maan Singh Khurana all over again and the feeling was eons better that the previous one she thought with little tears in her eyes.

The rain had stopped as sun rays again caught up with its intensity and a sharp reflection from one of the rear view mirrors hit Geet's eyes but Maan shielded her even before she could scrunch her lids close. She looked up at him and didn't have words for this man who had conquered her. Maan could read her heart in her eyes, he could see her through and only passed a smile in response to all that she had said and wanted to say.

That moment was the most picturesque and poignant page in their diary of love, captured enchantingly in each one's heart, till date.

Geet thought about that day, their first kiss, their first understanding, maybe hers because he had understood them way before she had.

"I found my shade in your shadow Maan"

The click of the door snapped her out of her thoughts. Her aunt Meera stepped in looking at her longingly from the door. She stood up and rushed to her, squeaking like an excited little girl.

"Aunty!"

She squealed hugging her, almost crushing her.

"Geet. How are you my girl?"

Her aunt asked cupping her cheeks.

"Great I am, especially with Maan talking to mama and papa about us!"

She replied.

"You know aunty he just met up with them before leaving for London last week and..."

She held her breath before telling her favourite 'Meera aunt' that her parents had accepted Maan.

She pulled her along to the bed and started telling her more about him, although she had told her almost everything about them since he had proposed but she was so excited to tell her. Meanwhile Meera watched her moods change while she described her man and thought about the cruelty of life to this innocent child. Meera had come here with a purpose, to fulfill the collective decision taken by everyone. All knew that none other than Meera would be able to talk to Geet.

Since the time Geet was a toddler, she had been a pet of her maasi and would often listen to stories from her. She loved fairytales, those love stories of Romeo and Juliet and Heer-Ranjha fascinated her. But her favourite had always been Sahiba's story because even though she didn't get to live with her love, she at least got to die with her Mirza and rest in peace for eternity.

"Geet, you are my little Heer naa, listen to me"

Meera said trying to gauge her attention while she blabbered on about Maan psychopathically.

Geet stopped instantly and looked at her aunt. She knew Meera would call her Heer to annoy her because she didn't like being called Heer. Even though Heer and Ranjha had lived, they hadn't been together and this was what Geet opposed.

"If you live then live with your beloved otherwise what is life for?"

A teenaged Geet had questioned her aunt.

Seeing her reaction now, Meera called again

"Heer"

"I am not you Heer I am your sahiba. Get it Mr. Khurana!"

The words came out unconsciously and something in her broke, a thin thread of longing, of hope snapped inside her as reality hit her harder than any stone in the head. She got lost, lost in time as her mind reeled in aftermath of the blow.

"Heer"

Maan whispered.

They stood outside in Geet's lawn, she was in his arms while their foreheads touched and breaths mingled.

"Mr. Khurana"

Geet growled.

"What in the world do you get by annoying me?"

She asked flared up.

"This red flaring nose"

He said nuzzling her nose.

"These furious flickering eyes"

He whispered kissing them

"And these luscious lips."

He didn't pause before taking her lips in his. They were standing behind a huge bush in Geet's lawn terrace and her parents were in the Den so he didn't have anything to worry.

Geet also gave in, longing for his proximity more than ever because today he was leaving for London.

They separated after a while, panting and content. Geet looked down; shy and timid as if this was the first time they had shared a kiss.

"So my Heer is shy?"

Maan knew he had dug his grave when he saw the red of blush on her cheeks shift to her nose and flare away in anger.

"Why did I have to tell him about this?"

She cutely complained looking up at her God.

She had once told him about her aunt Meera and how she was her walking talking story book. Somehow while talking Geet had also blurted out that Meera aunty teased her calling Heer and she would get super annoyed. And now her man was using it to her disadvantage. To basically, annoy her out of wits!

"You know you are a big bully"

She complained to him, pulling him by the collar.

"That I am and thank you for the compliment"

He mouthed before pulling her by the waist.

"But Geet why don't you like Heer-Ranjha's story?"

He asked curiously.

"Its not that I don't like the story. Every love story is equally likeable. But I have never been able to come to terms with the fact that how can lovers give up even without trying"

She answered looking up at him.

"Mirza and Sahiba strived till last breathe to let their love prevail, they fought with the world for their love. Heer-Ranjha on the other hand accepted their fate at first and let go of each other even without trying to battle the odds"

She reflected while he listened quietly.

"I believe we must try to give love a chance, try and battle out all odds, remove all thorns from the path if you really love someone before giving up on it. It's our decision that makes a difference"

Geet showed him her perspective.

"But sometimes destiny is bigger than any decisions Geet."

He said opening another perspective for her.

"At times battling odds or striving isn't an option, life might not give you one. You might have lost even before starting. So love cannot be measured by the strife. In fact love cannot be judged. Its different for different people, has a different meaning in every story."

Maan finished with a sigh.

Both of them stood there leaning against the bush, looking at the sky.

"Maybe"

she said after a moment.

"Maybe it is different for everyone but for me this is love, for which I would fight everyone. For you, for us, I would take on anything"

Geet blurted, suddenly scared of the thought of something ever happening to their world.

"I know. My lioness of a lover can do anything. That even means strangling on my foot"

He said looking down at her foot stamped on his.

"I'm so sorry"

She said stepping down hastily but he held her back, cocking his eyebrow.

"But I am not"

And lowered his head again to kiss her quivering lips.

"I love you my Heer"

He said after breaking apart.

"For the nth time I am not Heer, you can call me your Sahiba Mr. Khurana."

She reiterated poking a finger in his chest and smirked.

"As you say 'soon-to-be' Mrs. Khurana"

He chuckled before quickly kissing her cheek and making a move. He had a flight to catch in two hours.

That was the last time he had kissed her, the last time he had held her, the last time he was hers because the news that came next changed everything. She convulsed at the news of Maan's plane being blasted. There were no casualties because none had survived.

Including  Maan.

Her Maan.

"Maan"

She screeched before crying her heart out, weeping copiously as she discovered that all her dreams had shattered a week ago, her world, her Maan had been snatched away ruthlessly from her.

"Maan"

Another wave of stabbing pain passed through her as she cried clutching herself. Meera tried to sooth her but in vain. This girl had endured more pain than she must have collectively seen in her life. Meera knew Geet's life had ended even before it had started. She let her cry today, letting her pain find an outlet after 6 days of delusion.

Finally Geet had let it go.

She had let go of her hope, of her Maan.

Two days later, covered in a white salwar she stood in Maan's house while people came and offered their condolences. Maan's dadimaa was shattered but kept up a brave front for Geet while Geet did the same for the elderly woman. Both of them stood near Maan's picture, accepting condolences from the world for the man they loved more than the world.

Meera came folding her hands and looked at her vivacious little Geet draped in colorless white. Her little girl who wanted a fairy tale like life had ended up this way, lamenting the loss of her love for the rest of her life. She knew there would be no one else for Geet, ever! Meera's tears were uncontrollable.

Later that afternoon Geet sat with Meera in Maan's room. Silence engulfed them till Geet broke the looming eeriness.

"I have inherited both Heer and Sahiba's fate"

She said looking at Maan's photo in her hand.

"I am living but have lost my life"

A lone tear escaped her eye.

"Maan was right; sometimes destiny is greater than any decision. Sometimes you don't get to strive for your love, you don't get a chance"

She said looking at her aunt now as her throat choked with sobs.

"Maybe Heer never got a chance to fight for her love. Maybe circumstances didn't let her take control."

Her voice broke thinking about how her fate had taken control.

"I am not Heer, not Sahiba"

She caressed Maan's photo frame.

"I am Geet, the girl with their fates"

The words left her mouth even as her heart suffocated in the lonely emptiness.

"I am Geet. Who has inherited their fates."

Okay, so if I left you'll with tears, I'm sorry!
But hope you'll like the story.
Do leave me your Likes, Comments and Criticism.
Always welcome.

See you in "Back to You'" thread soon...
<3
Frosted Starlit.

Edited by frostedstarlit - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lizzy84 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
omg it was awesome .i am crying so much hate u for seperating them😭 but love u for showing their undying love πŸ‘its true that every love story is different u explained it exceptionally well that how everyone has diff fates. plzz come again with many more stories will be waiting...πŸ˜ƒ
frostedstarlit thumbnail

Originally posted by: aanya84

omg it was awesome .i am crying so much hate u for seperating them😭 but love u for showing their undying love πŸ‘its true that every love story is different u explained it exceptionally well that how everyone has diff fates. plzz come again with many more stories will be waiting...πŸ˜ƒ

Awww... Love you too for such a sweet comment on a tragedy!
Will surely get more stories!!
Thank you.
frostedstarlit thumbnail

Thank you!!
preeti.1 thumbnail
amezing and heart wrenching story...
painful too
plz next time try to give happy ending 
frostedstarlit thumbnail

Originally posted by: preeti.1

amezing and heart wrenching story...

painful too
plz next time try to give happy ending

Thank you!!
Will write a happy story next time...
DevilClan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Very sad and painful story.
kavya.sravya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
one more beautiful story from you ! but such painful ending... as it is in real life most of the love stories are tragedies...such deep love lost forever...difficult to bear it ...and your style of writing is fabulous... cannot resist ...can I expect a happy end story next time...
dqno1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Your writing stuns me every time.  Beautifully written.

I had not heard the story until the Heer song came in Jab tak hai jaan.  I loved the song and did some research to understand it. 

The way you presented both their loves and the fate each pair had and tied it to Geet's fate was wonderful.  The kiss by the ocean was amazing but the words before that were even more amazing. 

I have become a fan of your words..

Thanks so much for this wonderful OS.

Avi

My favorite lines:

"This downpour torments the sea, instigates tides and provokes waves. One can establish the height of disturbance in that otherwise calm sea on arrival of rains but irony of the fact is that this very rain fills the sea, completes it in every sense, just like you complete me"

BTW ucompleteme was one of my userids 😊

She looked at the shadow of hers casted upon the wooden floor, it was in his shadow that she had found her shade, she thought

You walk by me without keeping distance still you mark a boundary and keep your heart in it"

"Who would have such self restraint, which man would do that?"

She questioned looking at his face lovingly.

"Any man that loves his woman"

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Edited by dqno1 - 11 years ago
Downhill thumbnail
that was one beautiful OSπŸ‘