Maaneet FF Binding Ties Link To New Thread Pg 150

Susegad thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

A big hello and welcome to everybody to my  very own brand spanking new FF. I am writing this FF because the story inside my head is begging to be  told and I just had to share it. If there is even a single person who reads and appreciates my story I promise to write this story for that person .
I love the story format on this forum. It's just so different from reading regular novels. The songs that are incorporated into the stories, different languages, the poems. It's all so beautifully differnt.

This story is about Maan and Geet. But it is also about all the people that touch thier lives every day. At the end of each update I will try to give a small narrative about some of the ideas incorporated into the story. So many wonderful peope have affected my life each day since I can remember. Sharing these incidents with you is my way of sharing these wonderful people and their memories with you.

This story is going to have a tinge of Marathi flavor to it.There will be some dialogues in Marathi which will of course have an English translation. However most of the dialogue will be in Hindi.

So, without further ado:

Binding Ties

THE HANDA KUTUMB(Family)

Geetali Handa:Pet name- Geet. 24 years.

She has done her Bachelors in Physio-Therapy(BPT) Currently working part time and working on her Master's in Physio- Therapy  (MPT) with focus on paediatrics. She was extremely close to her mom and used  to speak Marathi with her. She was her Aayis Ladki(mother's pet)

Brijraj Handa: Pet name-(he he all will be revealed in time.) Has a complex about his name.(he he he).  26 years old.

Geet's Brother. He works for Khurana Constructions as Chief Architect. Admires his boss Maan Singh Khurana a lot. In fact, one could say that he idolizes Maan.  Loves his family very much. No wait! Scrap That! hates Geet and her bacchi, No! Wait! Scrap That. She is not bacchi, more like Geet's chamchi.  Loved Rano Handa a lot and still complains to her about Geet and her chamchi.

Parinda Godbole: Pet name- Pari. 24 years old

Geet's best friend, soul sisters, Brij ki Jaan and if he could just gather up some courage, Geet's sister-in-law. She likes Brij Handa very much.  Comes from a Maharshtrian Family.  Geet and Pari met (well that's  a story in itself.)(he he he)

Mohinder Handa: called Daddu, Baba and Dad by Miri, Geet and Brij respectively. He is soft spoken, golden hearted and an upright father. Loves his kids and adores his grand-daughter. Hates being called "dead."aka. "dad"

Rano Handa.  Geet's deceased mother. She was a Maharashtrian lady by the name of Rani Patil . But married Mohinder and changed her name to Rano Handa. Her death was devastating for the whole family and almost destroyed Geet.  But then Miri came into her life as if a miracle. Geet always says, "Aai tu amhala sodun gelis pun Miri navacha chamatkar deun gelis(Mom you left us, but you blessed us with a miracle called Miri)."

Mirari: Pet name-Miri 5 years old.  

Geet's daughter, Geet's blessing . Miri is adorable. Her little heart is still a little unsecure and so she clings to Geet with all her might and love.

THE KHURANAS

Maan Singh Khurana. 28 years old. Pet name. Would anybody dare? He only has a title-MSK.

A wealthy, dynamic and complex man. He has a multilayered personality with anger liberally coloring that personality. According to his Dadi, "Humara  Maan bilkul pyaaz jaisa hai.  Lots of layers and tightly closed, and tikha itna ki jo chooyega woh royega." Only two people in this world matter to him. His Dadi and Dev. He can move heaven and earth for them. He is overprotective of Dev.

Devdan 'Pet name Dev. 9 years old.

Maan's little brother. A walking talking encyclopedia. He was an unexpected gift to Maan's parents almost 20 years after Maan's birth. Hence they named him Devdan(Gods gift).  Maan is more of a father figure to Dev than a brother, and Dev adores him. Loves both Dadi and Maan very much but sometimes feels stifled and smothered with their overprotectiveness.

Savitri Devi Khurana:  She used to be a young at heart fun loving Dadi, to Maan and Dev. But since the demise of her son and daughter-in-law she has lost her zest for life and is disinterested in anything  except worrying excessively  over the health of all the household members. She is definitely a hypochondriac. She is overprotective of Dev but then it is with good reason.

Prakash and Jyoti Khurana: Deceased parents of Maan and Dev.

This is a story about imperfect people that blend together to make perfect ties. This is a story about old ties never forgotten, but broken and yet, they bind us forever.  Some unseen ties that bind us forever, and new ties that are formed that bind us forevermore.

This is a story about Ties That Bind.

Links:

Chapter 1- Page 1

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3320714

Chapter 2-Page 2

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3320714?pn=2

Chapter 3 Page 5

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3320714?pn=5

Chapter 4 Page 9

Chapter 5 Page 15

Chapter 6 Page 21

Chapter 7 Page 27

Chapter 8 Page 36

Chapter 9 Page 47

Chapter 10 Page 56

Chapter 11 Page 67

Edited by Susegad - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Susegad thumbnail

CHAPTER ONE

The heavenly smell of freshly brewing tea with a slight hint of ginger and elaichi roused Geetali from the deep slumber that she was enjoying. She had gone to sleep rather late after failing to convince Miri about sleeping in her own tiny princess bed, which was set up right next to Geet's. Geet moved her arm gently under the blanket trying to locate the soft body of her daughter. But instead of a warm body she felt a large cold wet spot on the mattress beside her. Just as she was about to get up she felt a dead weight against her feet. She hurriedly threw the blanket off herself only to find a sobbing Miri curled up around her feet. She picked Miri up in her arms and tried to hug her, but Miri resisted,

Mamma, maine bed me su-su kiya. Main gandi hu. Aap ka dress aur bed sheet bhi ganda hua. I am sorry mamma, she said between sobs as fat tears rolled down her cheeks.

Geet felt her own eyes sting as she gathered her daughter tightly close to her heart. Her heart ached for her five year old.

Miri beta, kya Mamma ne tumhe kaal raat apne bed pe sone ko kaha isliye tum dar gayi? Mamma promise karti hai beta woh tumhe chod ke kabhie bhi kahi bhi nahi jayegi. Tu to mamma ki jaan hai.

Suddenly Miri perked up? This was their everyday early morning session

Aur mamma?

Meri aankhon ka tara ho

Aur mamma?

Tu thande thande mausam me garam garam chai ka pyala hai.

And Miri knew how much her mamma loved her tea.

Aur mamma?

Tum mamma ka vasru(calf-baby cow) ho. Chota chota sa. Cuddly cuddly sa.

He he he . mamma agar main calf hoon tum to meri moti cow mamma ho na.

Geet suddenly stopped cudding Miri and told her, bas hai, yeh moti cow ab aur kuch nahin kahegi.

Miri jumped back into her mamma's arms.

Thik hai ab meri bari.

Mamma tum duniya ki sabse beeeaaautiful mamma ho. And the best part is tum sirf meri mamma ho.

Aur?

You are flower toast with lots of strawberry jam.

Aur Miri?

You are the white bubbly water of Goa beach.

Aur?

You are cadbury chocolate without any nuts. Shhh don't tell mama.

They both laughed at their own private joke.

I Love Love Love You Mamma.

Mirari tum janti ho na tumhare nam ka matlab hai Miracle. Tum meri mamma ka bheja hua khaas gift ho. Tumhe dard hota hai to mai saans nahi le patii hu, mujhe batao beta kal itne mahino baad tum kis baat se darke tumne susu kiya?

Now secure in Geet's love and in her arms, Miri wrapped her tiny arms tightly around her Mamma's neck and pressed her forhead against Geet's and kissed her.

Nahi Mamma, aaj woh school mein fancy dress mein butterfly bannongi na, to main jab bhi who yaad karti hu mujhe zor se shu aane lagti hai. Aur kaal sapney me mein stage pe gir gayi sab bacche muzhe dekh ke hasne lage aur fir maine stage pe hi shu kiya.

Geet understood that performance anxiety had triggered Miri's bed wetting incident. She just wanted to cuddle her daughter and tell her it was ok not to go on stage. Her heart went out to her daughter who was clinging to her tightly. However, she pulled Miri's head slightly back and cupped her face in her palms and looked deep into her eyes.

Listen Miri, when you are on that stage I will be right in front your eyes. You walk on that stage towards me, and just as I am looking at you right now, you look straight in my eyes. Do not look at anybody or anything else. My eyes will hold you and you will not fall. And even if you fall on the stage, keep looking at mamma and remember mamma is still holding you in her eyes. And until mamma let's go you will not fall and mamma will never let go, never.

They both had another tight cuddle session. Suddenly there was a knock on the door and Brijraj poked his head into the room. He was all dressed up and ready for work as he had an early meeting with some out of town clients, who had a flight to catch later in the day and so Maan had asked Brij to be there early to meet the clients.

Tum ladkiya uth gayi kya? Chalo naha dho lo. Geet maine tumhare liye adrak wali chai banayi hai, aur Miri tumhare liye maine bread sunflowerflower shape mein katke toaster me laga diya hai.

Hmm. Subah subah hamar itni khatir dari, ka baat hai birju bhaiyya.

Miri started giggling listening to her mamma talking in the style that their dudhwali usually addressed Brij.

Geeet!! Stop that. Stop calling me Birju. Why can't you call me with the second half of my name. Raj, kitna smart lagta hai. Yeh Dad bhi na jane kya soch ke mera naam Brijraj- OH GOD! mere muh se sun ke aise lag raha hai kisi dudhwale bahiyya ko pukar raha hu. It does not feel like a name that befits the Chief Architect of Khurana Constructions. Naam kaise zhakkas(fabulous) hona chahiye, jaise Aayi kehti thi. Abhi mere boss ka hi naam le lo, Maan Singh Khurana ya fir MSK. Geet and Miri both rolled their eyes at this early morning ,yet another praise laden dose of Maan Singh Khurana shoved down their throats by Brij. Kum se kum mujhe BRH to bulao.

Miri beta, tumhe thand lag rahi hai kya? Geet suddenly asked her daughter.

Nahi to mamma upar se garmi lag rahi hai.

To apne mama ko bolo hum BRH-BRH-BRH sirf thand lagne se kar sakte hai.

Geeet ki bacchi thair ja tu . Abhi maza chakhata hu .

Brij stared advancing towards the bed. Suddenly, in perfect unison mother and daughter looked at each other and for a split second both had the same perfectly evil grin on their faces that Brij missed.

Miri lifted her arms towards Brij and said sweetly,

Raj Mama Mujhe godi me uthakar bathroom tak lekar jao na. Mama I looove you.

Brij's chest puffed up with pride at being called Raj mama by his niece and he picked her up hastily to give her a sweet cuddle and give her a ride to the bathroom in his arms. He failed to see Geet whose face was buried in her pillow and all that could be seen were her shaking shoulders. The moment Brij settled Miri in his arms he felt her wet behind resting snuggly on the forearm of his crisply ironed shirt and his hungry shirt started soaking up the liquid greedily . Brij immediately tried to put Miri at arm's length. Miri clung around his neck like a limpet and refused to let go all the while, claiming to looove her Raj mama. Geet couldn't control her laughter any longer and burst out laughing.

Meanwhile Brij looked up towards the ceiling and implored,

Dekha Aayi, Geet aur uski chamchi milke mera kya haal bana rahe hai. Ab shirt badalni padegi . Aur mujhe der ho jayegi, aur Maan sir chillaenge. Aaj to mera band bajne wala hai.

Just then Mohinder Handa returned from his morning walk .

Kya hua Brij itni subah subah kyu shor macha rahe ho?

Mai shor macha raha hu, Main Dad? Dad aapko maloom bhi hai in dono ne mere saath kya kiya hai?

Mohinder gave his son a grave look overf his glasses and calmly stated.

Main abhi zinda hoo. And I am not dead.

Par Dad meri baat to suniye.

Mohinder once again lowered his glasses looked at Brij from above them and stated

I am not dead. When I am dead you can call me your "dead" dad tab tak ke liye kripa karke mujhe ya to baba bulao ya fir bauji. Uske baad main tumhari aage ki baat sununga.

With that he looked at Miri & Geet .

Good Morning Miri beta.

Good Morning Daddu

Good Morning Geet Beta.

Good Morning Baba.

Geet said stressing on the baba.

Brij gave her a dirty look as if saying Oh I am so going to get you for this.

Mohinder held out his arms to Miri.

Mere pass ayegi beta?

Abhi nahi Daddu. Main naha ke fresh hoke phir aaungi.

Saying so she cuddled back in Brij's arms.

Mohinder understood that something had happened and he looked at Geet.

Geet shook her head and smiled at him reassuringly.

Mohinder left the room to complete his morning routine of bath and prayer.

Miri gave a wary look at Brij.

Mama abhi bhi gussa ho? Sorry mama phir kabbbhhhiii nahin karungi.

Brij took one look at her sweet face and lost all his irritation.

Vaise Miri beta apko kisi ne kuch kaha kya.

Now that Miri was confident after her morning chat with her mamma she explained to Brij about her butterfly dream.

Brij sighed

Kash main bhi aa sakta tha tujhe titli banke udte dekhne.

Nahin baba aapka who MSK to hume kha jayega. Aap hi kehte ho na aapka boss sher hai. Aap office jaiye. Hum aapko badme photos dikha denge.

Brij suddenly exclaimed,

Oh God Office Boss Clients Aj to main gaya.

As he was about to leave the room Geet called out to him,

Brij Bhaiyya apki banayi hui chai mujh par udhar rahi. Vajah baad mein sun lungi.

Brij rushed to his room to change .

Brij kept on mumbling to himself.

Geet ko is party me aane ke liye kisi tarah manana hoga.Agar Geet ayegi tabhi to Pari aayegi.But how will I convince that nutcase who hates parties.

Suddenly his gaze fell on the wall hanging written down in Miri's childishhand.Though he knew thosepearls of wisdom were definitely Geet's.

My family is like a chocolate sweet and slightly nutty

But I like my chocolate with nuts.

Just look at that and they think I am the nut. It's them, the mother and daughter nutty duo.

**************************************************************************************************************

Yay! FInally posted the first chapter. I had it on my computer for a long tim now. Hope you guys are enjoying my efforts.

So guys, there's time yet for Maan and Geet to meet. Not too long, as everyhing is gearing towards their meeting. Firstly, I want to show the relationship between the characters and how they relate to each other.

The narrative.

So many of us as kids had bed wetting incidents. I did, so did my husband and a few of my friends too. Even as a small child I still remember the anxiety and embarrassment after such an incident. Now that I think back my Aai never scolded me or made me feel bad for it. In fact i always got an extra cuddle after the incident.

Poor Brij. I have a pet name,and all through my childhood I hated.it  My parents, my sister an all my neighbors called me by that name and it used to tick me off. However, when I first called home after my marriage far away from my childhood home and country, my Aai called me by my real name and said now that you are married you are a mature young woman and I'm going to start calling you by your real name. I was so mad her, and yelled "you got me married, kicked me out of the house, sent me out of the country, and now you are going to abandon my name too. and banged the phone down. She's never called me by my real name since.

Me and my sister used to bicker and fight back and forth just like Brij and Geet. But we always had an united front against any outsiders.

My Baba was the one who never understood why people would call anybody "dad". So I have just incorporated it into the story. It was just one of his silly idiosyncrasy. I teasingly call him dad somtimes just to bug him.

I once saw a mug with quote that said "My family is like a box of chocolates, sweet with a few nuts"
That was the inspiration for th wall hanging

Hey guys I hope you will like the story. There is always room for improvement and I'd like to hear your opinions and suggestions.

Upcoming:
Pari, Dadi, Dev & M.A.D Academy

kavya.sravya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
interesting start ! liked the whole morning session of the family ! dad... i am not dead ... is too good. continue ...
gill123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Good start please add me in ur pm list
--Fairy-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome Update ...rofling on briju ...
Please Pm next part ,...
Susegad thumbnail
Guys thank you to each and everyone of you who has read, liked and commented on my FF.
I want to especially thank you gus for commenting on my FF.
shah10
dolly10
9n9i9s9h9u9
kavya.sravya (That's what families are all about right, fighting and loving each other, as I mentioned in my narative at the end it's my Baba's thing.
gill123
dona86
mollycoddle
saari
--Fairy--(The Birju in my story is not an evil guy at all. In fact he is a completely adorable dork.)πŸ˜†
Now if you could just elaborate a liitle and tell me what I could improve on or add that would be great.

Guys a few of you asked for PM,s Do I just click on the PM button after I have updated.

Susegad thumbnail

Still learning to post things so just ignore any mistakes.

I am giving you guys a very long update. So guys enjoy reading it .

Chapter 2

Pari entered the modest 3 bedroom house of the Handas in a rush.

BANG! OUCH!

She collided with Brij who was in a rush on his way out.

Abey! Kaun hai bey subah subah,dekh ke nahi... he trailed of as he realised it was Pari. His face went bright red as Pari moved  closer to him to see if he had been hurt.

Aap thik to hai. Aapko lagi to nahi?

M m m mai th thik hu, tumhe kahi lagi kya?

Pari muttered under her breath,

Hai meri aisi kismat kaha.

Thik hai main chalta hoon,Bye.

Bye.

Pari watched him leaving with dreamy eyes.

Aai shappat , mazha sonula, mazha kukula, mazha gondas raja, kitti lazto? Kadhi re vicharshil lagnasathi?

(Maa Kasam my sweetie pie, my cutie, (the marathi terms Pari uses are usually used for babies)why are you so shy, when are you going to propose to me?)

(Tula tyachyashi  lagna karaycha ahe ki tyala dattak ghyaycha ahe?)(Do you want to marry him or adopt him),Geet asked from behind.

Pari swung around and saw  Geet grinning at her.

Kai ga Geetali, apli maitri maitrich rahnar ka, me tuzhi vahini kadhi tari honar ka?

(What yaar Geet are we going to be just friends forever, am I ever going to be your sister-in-law?

Geet laughed at her plight, as this cat and mouse game had been going on between Brij and Pari

from the moment they had met.

Nirllaj karte, chal aat madhe.Miri aturtene costumechi vaat baghte aahe?(You shameless husssy, come let's  go inside.  Miri is waiting eagerly to try on her costume)

Both the girls walked into the dining area where,  Miri was having breakfast with her grandfather.

She got down from her chair and ran to hi fi  Pari and then hugged her.

Pari masi, mera costume?

Pari muttered under her breath kitni baar samzhaya tujhe masi nahi mami bula.

Par mamma kahti hai main apko mami abhi nahi...

Pari grabbed her into another hug and laughed nervously looking at Mohinder

Mohinder grinned hearing the conversation. Everbody in the Handa house was aware of Pari's plight.

Arey beta aa gayi tu? Aaja humare saath nashta kar le.

Ji babuji, vaise to main nashta karke aayi hoon per ab tak to who adha hazam ho chuka hai. Waise bhi mera mann na hai, bhook se khane ka kya  sambandh. Aur woh bhi Geet ke haat ka banaya uski to baat hi kuch aur hai?

They finished their breakfast and all  3 girls went to  Geet's bedroom to try on the costume .

Miri took one look at the costume and was in love with it.

Miri quickly hugged Pari.

Oh thank you Pari Maasi you are the best. Now I know I'm going to be first. Agar yeh mamma ne silaya hota toh..

Geet gave Miri a sulky look,

Ha ha pata hai tumhare liye agar main dress silane jati to dress kum aur apni ungliya zyada siti. Shukar karo ertumhare paas Pari jaisi fashionista maasi hai.

Pari hugged Geet.

Geet tum to Annapurna ho. Tum bas khana banake mujhe khilati jao, baki sab main dekh lungi.

Geet snorted at her

Oye main tumhari biwi nahin hoon. Yeh dialogue tum Brij par azmana samjhi. Woh tumhe dekh ke aise sharmata hai jaise koi nayi naveli dulhan. To tum use apni biwi bana lena aur usse khana bhi pakwa lena.

Their bickering went back and  forth until Geet and Miri left for school on Geet's red Honda Activa a.k.a. "Bebo", Pari left for work cribbing that she too wanted to go see Miri's performance. Mohinder also left for work.

Khurana Household 

Dadi was helping a 9 year old Dev get ready for school. She was tying the knot of his tie.

Dadi aap chodiye. Main bandh loonga. Waise bhi muzhe saans nahi lene aati yeh tie bandhke.

Dadi looked at him with alarmed eyes and touched his forehead for any signs of fever.

Bete aapki tabbiyat to theek hai na. You feel slightly feverish to me. 

Dev reached up a finger to his Dadi's forehead and soothed the frown there.

Dadi do you know it takes more muscles to frown than it takes to smile. So smile Dadi. Main bilkul theek hoon.  Aap jaldi tayyar ho jaiye hum saath me chalenge.

Par mera aana jaruri hai kya?

Yes Dadi, school ka annual day hai aur aap mere saath aa rahi hai, aur iss baat  par aur behes nahi hogi This conversation is over, samjhi aap, he said, trying to impersonate his brother.

They both looked at each other and grinned.

Chalo beta.

MODERN ACADEMY OF DELHI (According to the Students, M.A.D)

Miri was nervously waiting in the back  for her turn to go on stage. All her excitement of wearing the butterfly costume and going on stage was washed out of her after seeing  a fancily dressed bumble bee and a fairy take a fall on the stage.  She just saw  a tiger get on stage however as soon as he walked out there he froze, then started crying and wet his pants. One of the older kids  went to the stage to rescue the little one. By now Miri was shivering as she had literally seen her dream unfold on stage. She was about to bolt  when she heard a voice  a little further away in the shadows say,

Hey, did you know butterflies taste their food with their feet. ?

Miri peered into the shadows  and saw an older boy sitting  in one of those chairs with wheels that her mamma used to use until about six months ago, only his looked a lot more complicated.

She asked him nervously,

What do they like to eat?

Oh they like flower nectar.

Flower nectar?

Umm, it's the jam that flowers make.

Ooh really. I too like flower toast with lots of strawberry jam. It's my favolite.

What happened to your legs. Why are you in that chair? Do your legs hurt? Mamma's still hurt sometimes.

Does your mamma use a wheel chair too?

She used to but not anymore. I used to sit on her lap and she used to take me for a ride. It was fun.

Just then there was a commotion upfront and they saw a teacher trying to guide Geet away from the front of the stage.

Madam aap zara piche hatengi.  You are blocking the view of the other guests.

Geet refused to budge.

Please, I'll only stand here for the next performance.  It's my daughter's performance. And I promised her I'd be standing right in front of her. She'll be searching for me.

Madam, you are creating an unnecessary commotion. Please go back to your seat. He tried to grab hold of her arm to guide her back.

Geet turned on him like a tigress and started poking him in the chest as he started moving backwards.

Main commotion create kar rahi hu main? I told you politely I will stand here for just a few moments for my daughter's  performance. Per aap hai ki mujhe  zabardasti hatane ki koshish kar rahe hai. I will ask the audience then. Does anybody have a problem if, I stand here for the next few minutes until my daughter's performance ends. She is just five and scared to perform before an audience.

People started yelling.

Arey khade rahne dijiye na unhe?

Hey I wish I had stood for my kids performance.

Oh come on let her be, what's the big deal.

The teacher left her arm and walked away.

Geet bowed her hands folded her head humbly and uttered a soft thank you.

A loud cheer went through the crowd.

Miri looked at the boy and grinned happily,

That's my mamma.

The boy was looking towards Geet with awe.

Our next performer is Mirari Handa from the class 1B.

The boy called out to Miri.

All the best. I 'll cheer for you from here.

Miri walked out confidently. She looked nowhere but at her mother's eyes. Her mamma stood there proudly. Her eyes clinging to Miri's.

Geet  gave her a thumbs up sign and nodded her head to reassure her.

Miri turned around a full 360 degrees showing off her beautiful glittery wings. Then she picked up the mic and recited

Look, Look I'm in your garden

Oh Please I beg your pardon.

I fly I fly I fly.

You ask me why.

Because I'm the Butterfly.

Then she kept the mic down and took a bow. There was silence for a few seconds and then the crowd broke out into a thunder of claps and loud cheers.

Miri saw her mamma was jumping up and down in place, sending her flying kisses. She sent one of her own in return and walked off the stage.

The boy backstage was grinning at her and hi-fied her .

That was fantastic .You were great. Chalo ab meri bari hai.

Oh Ok. Bhaiyya, All the best. I will cheer for you.

Waise bhaiyya aapka naam kaya hai.

Dev. Dev Khurana. 

Geet returned to her seat. An elegantly dressed elderly lady who was sitting next to Geet  looked at her admiringly,
Dat deni padegi beti aapki himmat ki. Kya khoob sunaya aapne uss teacher ke bacche ko.

Geet grinned at her.

Thanks Auntyi Ji. Haaye meri bacchi kitni smart lag rahi thi na

Waise aap  kiske saath aayi hai yaha pe?

Main apne pote ke saath aayi hoon. Woh bhi perform kar raha hai aaj.

Auntyji apko  bhi jake khade rehna chahiye stage ke samne uske liye. He will love it.

Na baba na. Main agar samne gayi to woh to mujhse zindagi bhar baat nahi karega. Bohot independent baccha hai.  Then she smiled sadly at Geet.

Waise hum Savitri Devi Khurana hai.

Ji main Geetali Handa hoon par aap mujhe Geet bula sakti hai.

Just then there was an announcement on the PA system

Our next perfofrmer is Dev Khurana from class 5A.

Savitri Devi smiled proudly at Geet.

Mera pota.

Dev wheeled himself on the stage.

A couple of ladies sitting ahead of Savitri Devi and Geet  started gossiping amongst themselves.

Arey yeh to Maan Singh Khurana ka bhai hai na. Itna bada khandan Itne amir log par kya faida. Bechara. hai itni kam umar me itna bada hadsa.  Iski puri zindagi to shuru hone se pahle hi khatam ho gayi. Main to kehti hoon accha hua iske maa baap ise aise dekhne se pehle hi guzar gaye.

All joy drained out of Savitri Devi's eyes, her face completely white. She sat there trembling with tears in her eyes. Geet on the other hand was red with fury. However, she just took Savitri Devi's hand in her own and squeezed it gently.

Apni aankhe aur kaan sirf apne pote pe rakhiye. Aap yahan sirf uske liye aayi hai.  So just focus on him.

Dekhiye kitna confident aur khush lag raha hai aapka Dev. And then she loudly added, Main yaha stage per ane wale har  bacche ka unique performance dekne aayi hoon na ki mere samne baithe wale logon ki ghatiya baate sun ne ko  jinki jaban bina lagam ke ghode ki tarah chal rahi hai.

Both the ladies turned to glare angrily at Geet.

Ji main aap hi ki baat kar rahin hoon. Geet stated angrily.

They both opened their mouth to retort back angrily and simultaneously their gaze fell on Savitri Devi.  Both the ladies gawped like fish at her, no words coming out of their mouth, for they knew who she was and understood that she had heard their conversation. They hurriedly stood up and rushed out of there.

Thanks Geet beta. Agar aaj aap yah na hoti toh na jane main kaise  kaise' she choked.

Offo chaliye chodiye. Dekhiye Dev is about to get started. I definitely want to listen to him after running those two biddies off.

Dev was giving a presentation titled "Earth Our Amazing Home"

The total surface area of the Earth is 197 million square miles.  Asia Continent covers 30% of the total earth land area, but represents 60% of the world's population.

He went on to amaze people with more earth facts.

Miri did not understand half of the things that Dev Bhaiyya was saying. But she understood from the ooh's and aah's of the audience that Dev was saying amazing things. She was very happy and would clap and cheer every time Dev would pause.

After Dev's performance he came back stage again where Miri was jumping excitedly.

Dev bhaiyya you were awesome.

Dev grinned. Thanks Miri.

The teachers also came around and congratulated both of them for a wonderful performance.

Miri and Dev were the last performers. They were both awarded different achievement awards for their performances as well as their school activities.

Dev called out to Miri and indicated towards his lap.

Shall we go together

Miri gave a big grin and jumped onto his lap.

Let's go.

Everybody was amazed looking at the duo.

Geet looked at Savitri Devi in awe and exclaimed,

Auntyji  aapka pota to genius hai genius. I wonder if I knew anything about the earth at that age other than ki woh gol hai.

Savitri Devi laughed looking at Geet and was amazed by this sweetheart of a young woman.

Geet aaj humey ek bohot acchi dost mil gayi. Aapse milke humey such me bohot khushi hui.

Geet hugged Savitri Devi

Mujhe bhi aapse milke bohot bohot accha laga Auntiji. Kitni ajib baat hai na, ki zindagi mein kabhi kabhi aise log mil jate hai jinke saath you just click. Ek pal mein zindagi bhar ke rishtey ban jatey hai.

Geet mera bada pota umra mein shayad tumse bada hai. Who mujhe Dadi bulata hai, main chahti hoon ki tum bhi mujhe Dadi kah kar bulao.

Dadi? Main aapko Daadi bula sakti hoon.  Geet asked with a tremor in her voice. Aap janti hai maine aaj tak kisiko Dadi kehkar nahi pukara.

To aaj se hum apki Dadi hai yeh baat pakki  samajh lo.

Ji Dadi.

Just then Dev and Miri reached there. Geet exclaimed

Miri nichey utro abhi.

Par Mamma.

Dev looked at Geet .

Ji maine hi Miri se kaha tha ki woh yaha baithe.

Janti ho mamma, aaj  jab main backstage pe thi main bahut dar gayi thi but Dev bhaiyya ne mera pura darr bhaga diya. He is the best. Aur aaj se yeh mere bestest friend hai.

Geet got down on her knees and when she was at Dev's  eye level she pulled Miri off his lap and hugged her and kissed her all over her face.

Mera baccha mera vasru,mera butterfly  you were beautiful on stage.

Miri basked  happily in her mother's love for a minute.

Vaise hume bhi ek bohot acchi nayi dost mili hai, She pointed towards Savitri Devi. Yeh Dev ki Dadi hai aur humari nayi dost.

Namaste Miri beta. Aap bohot pyari lag rahi ho.

Thank you Dadi. Agar aap Dev ki Dadi ho to main bhi aapko Dadi hi bulaungi.

Then Geet turned to Dev. Her heart went out to the kid in the wheel chair but she refused to pity him.  She hugged him and stroked his hair lovingly.

Thank you Dev beta for helping Miri. Waise kya essay sunaya tumne.  Mujhe to itna  pasand aaya maine toh bohot sari cheezey note down bhi kar li fir se padhne ke liye.   Your presentation style, your knowledge, your confidence. It was the best.  Main to phirse tumhare muh se sun na chahti hoon.

Dev was completely disarmed by this beautiful lady kneeling down before him. He never had a chance to raise any defenses against her. He never had anybody get down on their knees so that they could look him in the eye and talk to him. People were either always uncomfortable around him or they completely ignored him. She was the first person other than Maan bhai to bend down to get to his level. Whenever he was around, Maan bhai transported  him from place to place in his arms, be it from the wheel chair to the car. Or to the bed, or into the swimming pool. But never had a stranger done it .To him she was amazing.

Thanks. I've learnt from the best, mere bhai se.

Aapke bhai teacher hai? Geet enquired perplexedly.

Dev aand Dadii looked at each other and laughed at that.

Ji nahin. Bhaiyya aur teacher kabhi nahi. I can't even imagine that.

He suddenly realized that Geet was still on her knees.

Aap utthiye  your legs will hurt.

Tumhe kaise pata hain?

Woh Miri ne bataya. Please don't be mad at her.

Geet laughed and stood up.

For what, for telling you that I too was in a wheel chair until 6 months ago.
sach baat hai Dev, aur maine Miri ko humesha sach hi bolna sikhay hai.

She heard Dadi's gasp from behind.

Dadi came around and kept a hand on Geet's shoulder

Geet aap thik'

Main bilkul thik hoon dadi.

Meri baat chodiye. Chaliye  jaldi se Dev ko congratulate kijiye fir hum kahi jake celebrate karenge.  Humare bacchon ki jeet bhi aur humari dosti bhi.

Dadi kept her hand on Dev's  head and stroked it lovingly.

I am so proud of you Dev beta.  Maan will also be very proud of you.

Bas ho gaya, chaliye Dadi kahin jake ice cream khayenge,  chaat khayenge  hum charo milke aaj khoob masti karenge,Geet anounced.

Dev and Miri's whole face lit up hearing that.

However, Dadi wasn't too sure about such a proposition.

Arey nahin bte hume bahar ka kuch bhi khana manzoor nahin hai. Aur phir Dev  ko yeh sab suit nahin karta.

Dev's face had a crestfallen look.

Par Dadi mujhe kuch nahi hoga, I'm sure of it. Problem mere pairon me hai pet me nahin.

Geet  grinned  hearing that and gave Dev a hidden hi fi. Dev knew he had found an ally in Geet.

I know the perfect place Dadi. Ekdum saaf aur hygenice rakhte hain Manchanda uncle upna chota sa restaurant Humare padosi hain woh.

Par Geet bte humari  baat to suniye.

Geet, Miri and Dev looked at Dadi and all three simultaneously blurted out.

Oh come on Dadi, please please please.

Dadi looked at the three eager puppy dog faces and conceded.

Thik hai chaliye, aap humari Gadi me chaliye Miri ke saath.

Arey nahin Dadi "bebo" humara intezaar kar rahi hain. Aap apni gaadi me humare piche aaiye.

Dadi was confused,

Yeh Bebo kaun hain.

Geet laughed looking at her.

Meri red bike. Total babe hai, par desi hain isliye, Bebo.

Dadi and Dev laughed on hearing about Geet's Bebo.

Dadi looked  towardsGeet,

Bete aap dono age chaliye hume Dev se ek minute baat karni hai.

Geet nodded, and told Daadi she would wait for them at the main entrance of the school.

Daadi suddenly exclaimed, main entrance pe nahin bte. Aap humara liye who jo east side pe chota sa entrance hain na waha pe rukiye. Hume aaj subhe aur kahi parking nahi mili to humne gaadi wahi laga di hai.

Dev gave Daadi a sharp look at this, to which Daadi gently shhok her head.

Geet nodded and left with Miri towards the east gate.

As soon as they left from there Dev looked at Dadi.

I know Dadi, we can't let the security team know nor can we take them with us.

Agar unko kahenge to woh Maan bhai ko inform kar denge, aur agar bhai ko pata chala to woh to keher macha denge. Aur phir hum dono ki khair nahi.

The car that had brought Dev and Daadi to school was small and discreet so as to avoid attention.

Daadi rang and asked the driver Nakul to bring the car to the eastern gate without informing the security team.

Nakul being a loyal servant to the Khuranas for decades did as he was told and Daadi and Dev gave the slip to the security team and went on to meet with Geet and Miri.

All four of them had a blast at Manchanda uncles restaurant with Geet urging and cajoling Dadi to try out different dishes. And Dev needing no encouragement at all.

They all left the restaurant after exchanging phone numbers and promising to meet each other soon again.

Dev and Dadi got into their car with a little trepidation knowing what would be waiting for them back home, and boy were they right.

So how many were surpised at my Dev? If you read the CS you will find the connection.

You all are going to love Pari as it's because of her Maan first notices Geet.

Hang on guys you are going to love Maan and Geet's first meeting.

Upcoming:

Dhen-Teden

Enter the Sher Maan Singh Khurana

Will the two meet?

A short narrative:

I have a friend totally like Pari, or maybe slightly crazier. Ekdum dhasu hain.

I am trivia buff myself and have all kinds of weird facts stored up in my useless brain.   

punam2712 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
CONGRATS
LOVED THE START AND THE LOVE BETWEEN THEM
YOU WRITE WELL
HAVE SENT A BUDDY REQUEST, PLEASE PM

mayyo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
This is an interesting story! I just have one question. Actually more than one. πŸ˜› Why does Pari want Miri to call her Chachi and not Mami? Brij and Geet are siblings, right? And secondly, Geet and Miri don't have a blood relation, do they? Waiting to know more about it all! 😊 Edited by mayyo13 - 11 years ago
gurti30 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
congrats dear for ff
both parts were amazing.
geet and miri's bonding is too cute😊
what about geet's husband?????