Maaneet OS: Celebrations

Maaneet099 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
hello my dear dearies πŸ˜³

I know you peeps would have forgotten me... sowiee blame it on my university. but hey I AM DONE!! like forever (yeah until i pursue studies further πŸ˜†) so what better way to celebrate than writing a maaneet one shot called Celebrations πŸ˜‰ (get it πŸ˜›... me celebrating so are maan n geet πŸ˜³) 

Love
Madhu

Continued below...
II

II
II
II
V
Edited by Maaneet099 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maaneet099 thumbnail
He was softly whistling an old and catchy tune as the pan sizzled and splattered the melting butter in the pan. He deftly tossed the pan causing the pancake to flip in the air before perfectly landing on the pan. "Perfecto!" he lauded sending a flying kiss to the pan before turning his attention to the scrambled eggs. He scooped the contents out set it on a plate and then placed the pancakes on the other side. He placed a thin slab of butter on top of the pancakes and as it melted he placed beautifully carved strawberries and topped it with a dollop of whipped cream. Just as he straightened, the toaster pinged popping the toast out. He turned to pick up the toast before quickly placing it on the plate and blew his fingers as the hot toast stung his fingers. Keeping a bowl full of maple syrup on the side, just as she liked, he made his way through the hall into their room with breakfast tray in his hand along with a glass of orange juice on the side.

Nobody would guess this man walking up the stairs in his simple track pants and a black wife-beater with a towel hanging on his shoulder was Maan Singh Khurana, India's top-notch business tycoon and sole controller of the Khurana Enterprises running successfully all over the world. His name said it allβ€”regal lineage, power, and money yet he never flaunted or misused them. Growing up in the midst of servants and caretakers he craved for love and care. Losing his parents at a tender age of two, his older sister Meera was his only solace. Although she was there for him always her age and her responsibilities tied her down. Being ten years older than him, she played a motherly figure to him until she got married and moved to New York. He often visited her law school where she taught as an economics professor and in one such visit he met the love of his life, Geet Handa, and the rest was history.

The door slightly creaked as he carefully entered and placed the tray in the corner table. The soft rays of the early morning sun made its way through the window highlighting their room. A huge canvas of their photo hung in the center of the wall behind the bed reminding of those sweet memories of their marriage day. It was simple yet eventful ceremony in one of the oldest temples in the United States, paving a strong foundation. After the ceremony attended just by his sister, Geetβ€”his wife, his love, his queen, stood beside him with his arms possessively around her. In spite of marrying against her parent's wishes, it was the best day of their life and he would make sure she would never regret that decision she took to brighten his life. He sat on the bed, one leg folded while the other perched firmly on the ground and smiled warmly seeing her snuggle deeper into the quilt with a soft smile playing on her lips. A small string of hair blocked a full view of her beautiful face so he bent to slightly brush it away when he felt her catch his hand and tucked it away under her chin. He chuckled at her involuntary act, as he knew she always loved to cuddle with his hands under her chin, even in her sleep. Unable to resist her warmth he slid closer to her and kissed her lips before cupping her face and admiring his glowing wife. She stirred slightly reacting to his touch before fluttering her eyes open.

"Good morning lil' mama," he smiled pecking her nose.

"Morning to you too big daddy," she replied, her eyes twinkling in delight.

"How is my little angel down there?" he asked, making his way down to her bulging belly and kissing it. 

Geet frowned a bit and whined, "Maan."

"Yesh," he said playfully.

"Angel nahi, it's my champ," she corrected.

"Oh haan, right," he pretended to correct himself before adding, "kyun angel?"

"Tum kabhi nahi sudhroge Maan," she said shaking her head and getting up to sit.

"Aur kyun sudhroon? Tum ho na, my dear Ms. Goody Two-Shoes," he winked.

"Not funny," she said looking dangerously and shaking her head.

"Uh oh, those eyes tell me I got on your wrong side, I'm sowie baby," he apologized holding his ears and looking sorry.

"Argh Maan, you know I can never resist those deep chocolate brown eyes," she groaned giving up her anger.

"Haan isiliye toh I use that trick, it's a never fail one babe," he smiled cheekily.

"Badmash," she giggled smacking his arm before getting off the bed to head to the bathroom.

As she was about to walk away when he caught her wrist and jerked her back, "haan magar sirf tumhara badmash," he whispered throatily kissing her nape causing her to gasp. He slid his arm around hip, cocooning their symbol of love before burying his head in the crook of her neck. She entwined her arms with his and leaned on his broad and well-toned chest, enjoying his warm and caring touch. Her husband never failed to turn her into a mush with his touch and knew she was a goner the first time they met in her law school when he came to visit his sister, Meera.

Geet Handa was in her second year of Harvard Law school, determined to fulfill her parents' wish of becoming a lawyer when she met Maan. Her family had moved to the United States when she was eight to find better opportunity but the journey was not smooth. Coming from a middle-class family where her father was the sole breadwinner struggling to make the ends meet, she wanted to become a successful lawyer and support her parents. She was an extraordinary student throughout school and college, winning scholarships and financial support, making her parents proud in her every step. She finally did become professionally successful but on way she did lose personally. Her father, Aditya Handa, disowned her when she decided to follow her heart and marry Maan as soon as she finished law school. Her father was stubborn that rich men were spoilt and love marriages never lasted more than a few months and thus refused to accept Maan. Stuck between her duty to her parents and her love for Maan, she had chosen the latter, never once looking back. Yes, she had missed her family, especially her brothers and her little nieces and nephews and first few months into her marriage she had always cried herself to sleep. Maan tried his best to keep her happy but the void she felt could never be filled. Not that she had found a new family in her loving sister-in-law Meera and had found a good friend, a passionate lover, caring husband, and very soon he would become the best father any child could ask for, but somewhere she wished her family was there to witness this.

"Maan?" she called him softly.

"Yes love?"

"Voh," she began only to add, "nothing, mujhe bahut bhook lag rahi hai." She turned to look at him and covered up with a smile that never reached her eyes.

Maan sensed her discomfort and slid his finger under her chin and delicately pulled it up to make her look at him. "Geet, look at me," he said tucking her hair behind her ear and cupping her cheeks. "You miss them don't you?" he asked looking intently at her.

"Haan," she whispered looking down while tears made their way through her almond shaped eyes. It pained him immensely to see her break down. She had left everything for him and never complained once about it but that didn't mean she never missed them. He knew the value of family for he was deprived of one and he would make sure she always had hers.

Maan wiped her tears and kissed her forehead lovingly. "I'm sorry," he said finding no other words to console her.

"Please don't apologize Maan, you are never to be blamed," she said shaking her head. "I was, I was just thinking if Pappa and Mumma were here with us today things would be so different. Kabhi kabhi main sochti hoon if we would have married with pappa's blessings and all my family and cousins it would have been so different."

"Aur main bhi Maan Singh Khurana ka ghamand dikhata," he said pulling up his collar and trying to cheer her mood.

She half-smiled at his attempt to change the subject. "Aur aaj he would be so proud that his little girl is going to be a mother soon," she said looking distantly, her eyes glistening with tears.  

"Geet tum chaho toh," he began only to be stopped by her.

"Nahi Maan, it's fine," she said sniffing back her tears and smiling. "It was a fleeting thought. Ab tum mera sab kuch ho," she said hugging him.

"I promise you Geet, these tears you spill today shall be the last," he thought while he caressed her back.

The clock struck three in the afternoon when Geet made her way through the hall wiping her wet hair, reminiscing about her perfect morning. The hot breakfast followed by hotter oil massage had led to steamier things. In order to cool down both decided to take a nice and relaxing shower only to sleep for indeed it was a tiring morning session of love-making. Maan had offered to give her a nice relaxing bath in the afternoon when they woke up but Geet knew him better and successfully managed to lock him out while she showered and washed her hair before letting him in. Her thoughts were interrupted with the chiming of the doorbell; she was about to get it when Maan strode in.

"I got it darling," he said rushing past her and opening the door. "Di!" he exclaimed as Meera and her husband Prem made their way in. He hugged her tightly while she returned his love and kissed his forehead like she always did. Prem and Maan exchanged their hellos while Meera went to hug her dear sister-in-law.

"How have you been Geet and how is the little one doing?" Meera asked rubbing her tummy. Although she never had children of her own, she always treated Maan like her own child and thus never felt the need for children. And when she came to know her little kid brother was going to be a father, she was ecstatic felt emotionally attached to the bundle of joy Geet was carrying. She was there for Geet in her every step guiding and helping her like her own mother.

"Both are doing fantastic," Geet replied smiling.

"Good aur Maan zyaada tang toh nahi kar raha hai na?" she winked.

"Hmm," she pretended to think hard causing Meera to look at Maan with her hands on her hips.

"Woah hold it, I plead not guilty your honor," he said standing erect with his hand on his heart. But Meera continued to stare at him when Prem came to his rescue.

"Yes my Lord, my client here not guilty and has taken utmost care of my dear little sister here," he said sincerely while Geet giggled enjoying the little show. "And thus I ask you to acquit my client," he said bowing down.

"What do you say Geet, we let these boys loose?" Meera asked looking uncertain.

"Haan Di they look too cute to be punished," Geet laughed.

"Cute? Hum?" both men asked simultaneously. "Have mercy!" they groaned gaining more giggles from the ladies.

Prem and Maan along with some help from Meera set up all the decorations for the baby shower for Geet as the party was set in the evening. Finally they decorated the main hall adding balloons and confetti in blue and pink, as they didn't choose to know the gender of the baby. Since they wanted the affair to be private, they had invited only a few friends and close acquaintances.

Geet went to change into a saree Maan had gifted her along with a diamond jewelry set gifted from Meera and Prem. She was sitting in front of the mirror wearing her earrings when Maan came to check if she was ready. Although she was physically present her mind seemed to wander back to her family.

"Geet?" he called, bringing her out of her reverie.

"Main kaisi lag rahi hoon?" she said standing up so that he could have a better look.

"Exceptionally beautiful," he said kissing her forehead and letting his lips linger a little longer. "Kabhi kabhi mujhe meri nighahon se darr lagta hai ki inki nazar nahi lag jaye tum pe," he said with his eyes closed and touching her forehead.

"Accha?" she asked amused while he nodded earnestly. "Agar ma hoti toh chutki main uthar deti," she blurted without second thought only to regret it. She knew Maan always felt guilty seeing her miss her family, blaming himself for separating her from them. And thus she always made sure she never showed her sorrow in front of him for it always killed him to see her cry. But she couldn't stop herself from mentioning her mother when he was talking about casting an evil eye for her mother often took it away when she was young. "Voh," she began trying to salvage the mess she created when she heard the doorbell ring.

"Oh go check it out Geet, who knows it may be your ma wanting to take away the evil eye," he joked.

"Maan," she admonished before walking out of the room. "Stop pulling my leg badmash."

She opened the door to find nobody she was about to turn away when she found wrapped packet in the corner of the door. She wondered who could have left while picking it up to find her favorite Dairymilk chocolate bars neatly lined under the gift wrapper. Those were the bars her pappa always bought for her when she was a child and continued to do so until he disowned her. She wondered how it got here because these were from India and a rarity to find here in New York. She again looked around now surprised and excited. She saw someone peeking from the other corner of the wall, giggling before retreating back. She walked slowly to hear more muffles and giggles before two tiny tots came out followed by all other family members.

"Nilu, Gaurav, pappa, ma!" she exclaimed in pure shock to see them all smiling at her. She immediately lunged to hug her dad followed by her mother and other family members. Her father hugged her warmly while she seemed to be crying and laughing at the same time. She walked in with her family shouting. "Maan dekho kaun aaya hai!"

"Tumhe pata hai Geet, yeh sab daamadji ke vajah se hai," her father stated.

"Phone calls pe phone calls, ticket bhi book kiye kehkar hume zaroor aana hoga, tumari godh barai ke liye" her mother pitched in making Geet stunned at the revelation.

"Do mahine se hume maafi maang rahe the aur saara ilzaam apne aap pe daalne lage," her father said looking at his son-in-law proudly. "Beta hume maaf kardo please," he said folding his arms in front of Maan and Geet.

"Pappa!" Geet screamed seeing her father ask for forgiveness while Maan went to hug him.

"Nahi uncle I am extremely sorry for taking away your daughter. But I really do love her and cannot think about my life without her by my side," Maan said getting a bit emotional.

"I'm afraid I didn't give a chance for this fine young gentleman here," her father said patting Maan's cheek before giving his blessings.

The whole family gathered around the hall. Mira along with Prem went to greet and take blessings from Geet's parents while welcoming her whole family. Everybody got along very well and were chatting and laughing all the while, catching up with the things they missed in the past three years.

"How was my arrangement saasuma?" Maan asked once the ceremony was done and everyone was sitting in the hall after dinner. He winked at Geet and pulling his collar up.

"Superb daamadji," her mother replied giving him a thumb's up sign.

"Hoga hi na, afterall he is my son-in-law," her father added earning a chuckle from everyone.

Geet saw the whole atmosphere become cheerful with all her family members present at the happiest time in her life. Her father was proud of Maan and her brothers were impressed with everything and most importantly the missing void in her life was completely filled up and brimming with happiness. She looked lovingly at Maan, gesturing him to come to their room while slowly slipping away from the scene.

Geet got into the room and walked to the window looking at the serene setting of the sun in the far end of the horizon.

"Geet tum khush ho na?" she heard him ask as he slipped his arms around her tummy caressing where the baby had just kicked. She slowly turned around to look at him before standing on her toes to peck his lips.

"Thank you is a small word Maan," she said as tears slipped away from her eyes.

"Hey shh," he soothed her putting his finger on her lips before wiping her tears away. "It's all worth for that beautiful little smile of yours," he said genuinely earning a chuckle from her through her tears.

"Maan?" she called him softly after a moment of silence, touching her forehead with his and holding him close to her. "I love you," she declared taking his lips feeling blessed and elated to have found such a tender lover and caring husband. Celebrations for the day might have ceased but it would never end in her life beside Maan.     

~lThe Endl~

Maaneet099 thumbnail
So how was it guys? I hope you enjoyed it. It was an inspiration from dairymilk ad for thala deepavali.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvxF_aGxwMQ[/YOUTUBE]

the ad was so cute that i felt the need to customize for maaneet πŸ˜³... i hope you guys enjoyed as much as i enjoyed writing it πŸ˜Š. 

VERY IMP Note: So you guys might be wondering when the other works are going to be update. don't worry i am on it. trying to give an update of each of my pending works by this weekend. i shall post all the updates and send pms together so that u can enjoy all dhamaka at one time. πŸ˜‰
also i am going to india on vacation starting next week for three weeks so no updates until i am back. sorry but once i am back the updates will follow regularly πŸ˜ƒ. until then enjoy πŸ˜‰
mishty_shona thumbnail
it was awesome...!!! sooo sweet n tender...!!!!πŸ€—
kamiya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

sdlife19 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
just superb.. simple yet beautiful description...

just love it
maansee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
πŸ‘  awesome... please add me too your pm list dear for future
maaneetkimeet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
lovely awesome ...
sona-rai thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
awesome mindblowing OS yar loved it a lot
Loquacious_Aash thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Wow madhu!

it was aweome!

cuteee

ye wali add dekh..i was jsut speaking about it a few days back..

next OS ispe..

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFq7M1vUIgU[/YOUTUBE]