mrs.msk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Okay guys,
Here I am with another one shot..now this one shot is not my idea..I was bored during the weekend and this movie of George Clooney came into my head...called One Fine Day... I was so glad that I found the movie and watched it during the weekend. I thought why not make an one shot out of this..this whole movie is set in one day...it is light hearted comedy movie that shows how to very different people end up together and how they begin to like each other in just one day...

I hope you guys like it..this one shot is exactly like that movie...with of course little bit of my own touches in between..so I hope you guys like it!😳😳

Ohh and this one shot might be in three parts or so ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†

INDEX:
Part 2-Pg.8
Part 3-Pg.12
Part 4-Pg.18
Part 5-Pg.23
Part 6-Pg.26

Part 1

Note: Pay attention to the times! Important😆

Its raining heavily in New York...everyone is in their respective homes, cozy, warm and sleeping in this cold winter except in one home. A women in her early 30's is seen sitting on her couch writing checks. She looks at the time 10:30..she sighs, exhausted, tired and sleep deprived from all days work. She closes her check book and heads towards a room. She smiles seeing her son sleeping on his bed comfortably. She quietly goes up to him and tucks him in properly, she kisses him good night before retiring off to bed for a very long day tomorrow.

12:00 AM

"Mom..." A boy shakes her in order to wake her up...she sits up quickly looking at her son standing next to her bed...

"What happened Ajay? Are you okay?" She turns on the light...frowning at the time...

Ajay: I am thirsty...(She sighs..)

"Listen go to sleep..."

Ajay: i can't..I want water..i am very thristy..please.." She sighs and gets up looking at her son's puppy dog face. She sits on his bed and watches him drink his cup of water very slowly. She looks at the time 12:10 am..she takes the glass away from him

"okay now you can sleep"

Ajay: I have one more sip to go

"You don't need it...now sleep"

Ajay: Please I want to finish it...(She gives the cup back to him watching him drink his last sip...as soon as he finished the water..she quickly tucks him in, kissing him good bye before retiring off to bed...) mom...(She turns and looks at him from the door...) do you think dad will come to my game tomorrow? (She smiles and sits on the side of his bed)

"I don't know...I hope so..."

Ajay: Do you love him?

"I will always love him because he gave me you..." (She kisses his nose and closes his door)

2:00am

Ajay: Mom...

"What happened?" (she again sits up on the bed quickly out of reflexes...she looks at the time shocked...only 2am...she looks at her son who was standing next to her bed holding a blanket...)

Ajay: I am scared...(She sighs...Ajay laid on her bed sideways with his head on her stomach...as he was turning in his sleep...his hand hits her nose...she wakes up from her sleep screaming...she looks at him and then the time...3:00 am. She puts a pillow on her face in an attempt to go to sleep...)

At 6:00am
The alarm goes on...a guy hits the snooze button and gets off the bed, still not fully awake from his sleep as he walks toward the banging door. As soon as he opened the door, a women barges in holding a little girl.

"I need a huge favor Maan..."

Maan: Good morning to you too...(he looks at the girl and picks her up...she giggles in his arms...) how is my little princess doing...

"Am good..." He puts her down as the little girl walks around the apartment...

Maan: What can I do for you Sameera?

Sameera; I need a favor...I need you to look after Pari this whole week...

Maan (looks at her shocked): What..you know that I can't...I am busy with work..you know am working on a story right now

Sameera; you are always working on a story..the same story

Maan: Well its what I do...

Sameera: I know but please..I have a flight to catch with Vicky, who is waiting downstairs, for me.

Pari (on the other side of the room) Daddy look...(Maan looks at her as she stands on top of the sofa making silly faces at him..Maan smiles and jumps on the sofa with her picking her up as he jumps down carrying her..Sameera follows)

Sameera; Please Maan..its my honeymoon..it will only be a week..I wouldn't have asked you if (Maan still playing with Pari as Sameera talks and follows him around the apartment..it was a two bedroom apartment, very disorganized with no basic furniture.) Maan pelase...you are my last resort, I would've asked my parents but they are away on some trip, your parents are dead and your grandmother is ill, the babysitter canceled at the last minute because her mom is having her colon removed...here I wrote down everythign that you need to know (she takes out a notebook and holds it in front of him, while Maan is wearing a strainer on top of his head as a helmet, holding a broom in his hands in an attempt to find Pari who is now hiding in the apartment...) Maan are you listening..

Maan (still looking around) huh yeah, parents are dead, babysitter in the hospital..yep I got it...

Sameera (sighs) okay here are the numbers in case of emergency you can call me at the hotel we are staying at, here is the babysitter number in case if you need someone to look after Pari..ohh and most important thing...here is the number of my friend Geet...she is staying in the same apartment building..today you need to call Geet and drop Pari off with her. She can take Pari to school. (Maan still looking around the apartment for Pari) Please don't be late...Maan...

Maan: Pari where are you?

Sameera; okay you know what never mind...I will find someone else..I might cancel the trip...

Maan: no no don't do that..I got it...Geet...call Geet so that she can take Pari to school...Sameera go...enjoy...I got this...

Sameera (smiles) Bye Pari...

"Bye mom..." (Maan hears the noise...he closes the door after Sameera leaves...)

Maan: Bye Pari...(he says while still holding a broom in his hand to find her...) "Bye Pari..." He sees Pari running to another corner..."aahh gotya.." She screams as Maan chases her around the house...

8:00 Am

A women is dressed for work, running around the apartment, carrying a fish bowl..yelling at her son to hurry up. Both quickly leave the apartment...and into the elevator...she stood in front of a door knocking on the door. No one answered. She looks at her son with a smile but inside she was panacking..

Ajay: mom I don't want to go with Pari..I don't like her

"Well too bad...you have too today...please..." (She knocks on the door again no one answered) "I wonder where they are?"

Maan is in front of a fireplace, still in his night clothes, holding a stick with a marshmellow on the end...he looks at Pari..."here you go..you need more s'mores...eat up..you might need more for the camp out today..." Pari smiles and enjoys her s'mores...

Ajay: How about you pound on the door...

"Its rude to do that..." (She stood for another two seconds...after again getting no response she knocks on the door...she quickly grabs her son's hand and leaves for school...) "Taxi..." She yells... as soon as the taxi stopped she puts her son in..."To XYZ school please..and don't take any long ways...hurry" She looks at her son with a smile..."do you got everything?" The boy nodes...

Ajay: Am I going to miss the trip?

"No you won't...we will make it on time..." She looks at the watch...its 8:25 am...she panics...

8:45 am

Both arrive at the school and sees a note on the door..."if you are seeing this note, sorry you missed the bus..." A guy with a little girl stands at the door frowning seeing the note. Both the kids look at each other with anger...the women looks at the girl and then at the guy

"You must be Sameera's Ex-husband..." Maan looks at her with shock..

Maan: What do you mean?

"Well you are holding Pari's hand, and is late...this is totally ex-husband thing to do..."

Maan: And who are you to say that..

"Am her friend...who was suppose to be taking Pari to school"

Maan (takes out a notebook from his jacket pocket and goes through the pages..) Ohh yeah..wait let me guess..you can't be the babysitter, so you must be Geet...(she gives him a sarcastic smile...)

Geet: hmm (she holds her son's hand...) come lets go..we can still make it to the boat on time..(she hails the taxi again..Maan holds Pari's hand..)

Maan: Wait you forgot something..(he runs after her and catches the same taxi with her...both the kids who were sitting next to each other frowns)

Kids: Mom, dad...I don't want to sit next to Pari, Ajay  (both say it at the same time..Geet puts Ajay to her left while Maan does the same leaving both of them to sit together. Both frown and faces the other way. Both the kids look at each other and sticks out their tongue...Geet takes out her cell phone and dials a number. Maan looks at her from corner of his eyes...)

Geet: Hello Meera..I need a huge favor..can you by any chance baby-sit Ajay today if needed.

Meera: I can't..I have a huge party to attend and I have to get ready for it. 

Geet: I know..please it will be for couple of hours..I have a huge meeting in half hour...and if I mess up I might end up loosing a job. You know how important this job is to me...

Meera: I know..but I can't Geet sorry...how about mom...call her 

Geet (sighs) okay fine..bye

Maan (takes out his cell phone and dials a number): Hey sexy (Geet looks at him with disgust as she dials another number)

Geet: Hello Mom..I need a favor...

Maan: What are you wearing underneath today? (Geet looks at him...on the other side of Maan's phone...a guy hears the conversation with confusion..)

"Are you okay Maan..what are you talking about..."

Maan: i can't wait to see you today...

(the guy on the other side of the phone smiles..."you are with a girl aren't you...you sly dog..." Maan smiles..while looking at Geet from the corner of his eyes...

Maan (smiles) Yeah a real superwomen, can't open her door and can't shut her mouth...(Geet looks at him with mouth open while still on the phone)

Geet (to Maan) Are you talking about me?

Maan (looks at her) No about a first lady..am doing a piece on her...

Geet (looks at him with anger before turning her attention back to the phone): mom can you babysit Ajay today if needed...

"Am sorry dear I can't..I am in the middle of exfoliation...and I can't cancel my appointment..I waited for months to get in here...you know I love Ajay, however handful he may be, but I can't"

Geet: Are you sure you are not denying him because he threw your expensive ring down the toilet couple of months ago?

"of course not..i forget all about it...(she looks at her empty finger and sighs) "am sorry Geet I can't" (Geet sighs and hangs up the phone...they all arrive at a dock...Geet runs while holding a fish bowl in her hand trying to balance it..)

Maan: this is going to be a long ride (he says looking at Pari..Geet looks at him with anger)

Maan: here let me help

Geet: I got it...

Maan: Fine...(They see two boats...Geet goes to the first boat)

Geet; its this one...

Maan: There is no one on it..trust me...its the second boat..(he runs after the second boat holding Pari...Geet frowns and follows him...both get on the second boat and sees elderly people sitting there smiling at them..on their right..they see the first boat leaving with the kids...Geet looks at him with anger...)

Geet; i told you it was the first boat..

Maan: Well...anyone can make mistakes..am only human... (Geet holds Ajay's hand and begins to leave the area..Maan follows her...Geet stops and looks at him. She shoves the fish bowl into his hands)

Geet; Since its your fault that we missed the boat..you take the fishes..make sure that they are brought back tomorrow morning...

Maan (runs after her when he saw her leaving with her son) hey hey listen...I have an idea..(she stops and looks at him) how about I watch the kids right now...I overheard you talking on the phone...you have a meeting in half hour...and I have a meeting around 2 so how about we switch...

Geet; am sorry I only allow responsible people look after my kid

Maan: what do you mean? Am responsible...

Geet (coughs) Am sorry..you would be the last person that I would want to have my son go with...(While they were talking..the kids play with their phones which were same...they both exchange the phones...)

Pari: Dad I am hungry

Maan: I only got tic-tacks...you want it...

Geet (goes through her bag and gives her a bag of cookies...) here you go sweety...(she holds Ajay's hands and gets up..) look don't forget to return the fishes tomorrow by 8:30am...(he watches her run after the bus while he stood there with a fish bowl and Pari...)

Maan: Don't be like that when you grow up. (he says to Pari..she nodes her head okay)

Ajay: Mom this is not your phone

Geet: Ajay I don't have time for this...lets go (Both get into the bus)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Can you believe it..she just shoves the fishes in my hand and leaves..." Maan sat in front of his friend who was more like his best friend and brother taking out his anger while Pari played with her toys...

Adi: hmm sounds like a real piece of work

Maan (sighs) ohh you have no idea...she (he looks at Pari who was listening to their conversation) she uhh was a cookie...what a fe-male dog...she has one of her own fish too

Adi: hmm so how do you feel about the uhh cookie?

Maan: Loved the cookie but that cookie was a handful. I mean how can the cookie think that I am not at all capable of handling the uh uh (he looks at Pari...Adi looks at her too)

Adi: not capable of handling the fish?

Maan: Yeah exactly. I mean I am a guy and you know am not perfect...but I got layers to me as well...I am not all vanilla..I too have deep dark chocolate inside me..waiting for someone to discover...

Adi: hmmm don't we all...

Maan (sighs) you know I just wishes I could find a fish in the sea who wasn't afraid of my dark chocolate layer and that she would love my fish the same way I do too...(he looks at Pari...) but you know what..I think its my ex-cookie that made who I am today...I am left to hunt of my own cookie and I hate these resentful cookies that think that everything is theirs..Cookie doesn't crumble the same way you know

Pari; Dad am hungry...

Maan: huh okay lets go...

Adi: Maan don't forget you have to meet with the boss..he was angry

Maan (sighs) don't worry...he can't fire me if he wanted too..my face is on the bus...I mean look at my face...its handsome..who would want to fire that

Adi (throws a ball at him) you egoistic bas***d (Maan winks and leaves with Pari)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
9:30am
Geet rushes to her office building with Ajay. The receponists gets up seeing the kid with her.

Pinky: Geet you know how the boss feels about kids.

Geet: I know...I know..and I had no choice..he missed his field trip and now I have no choice but to have him with me all day. 

Pinky: you are late by the way

Geet: Yeah only by 10 minutes

Pinky: 20 minutes to be exact. (the boss opens the door...Pinky stands up seeing him...) Good morning sir

Boss: Did Geet come in yet? (Geet comes out from behind the receptionsists desk and looks at him with a smile..) 

Geet: Am right here sir

Boss: hmmm please come in when you get some time.

Geet: I will be right there...(Geet looks at Pinky with sad face) Please look after him

Pinky: Tell me why?

Geet: because we are both women, and it is hard for single parents espeically females to survive in this man made..

Pinky: Fine five minutes

Geet :Thanks (to her son) Ajay listen don't make any noises, play right here and don't wander around. 

Ajay: Okay mom

Geet (quickly fixes herself and goes to her boss's office...he was an old man...Mr. Rajvir Kapoor...he likes Geet and treats her like his own daughter but it comes to work he is very professional with her.) May I come in Sir.

Rajvir: Yes Geet come in. I want to know the update of the presentation. 

Geet: Its all ready. I will go get the model...right now (She leaves the office and goes to the backroom...Ajay had his toys all over the floor...Geet comes out carrying a model in her hand...Ajay in the meantime was playing with his race car...Geet slowly walks toward the office and jumps when the race car comes her way) Ajay I told you not to play...aaahhh (She trips on one toy landing on top of the model...Pinky comes and stands near her shocked..Geet gets up and looks at the broken model..) oh no oh no

Pinky: Now what...

Geet: look after Ajay..I will think of something..

Ajay: Am sorry mom

Geet: No its not your fault..its that Pari's dad's fault (she gets up and fixes herself. She smiles as she enters the boss's office) You know sir...I forgot to pick up the model..I will uhh go pick it up right now..the uh guy had called to tell me that he had some finishing touches to add...(just as she was talking Ajay comes and stands next to her..)

Ranjvir: Who is that kid?

Geet (looks down and gets shocked) he uh...

Ranjvir: He must've been brought in my the next door firm

Geet; yeah..I will return him right now to his mother

Ajay: mommy

Geet: yeah kid I will drop you off to your mommy...(She holds his hand and leaves the office

Ranjivir (opens the door) you know Geet..I should've have to remind you how important our 2:30 meeting is 

Geet: no sir. I know.

Ranjivir: And make sure you return that monkey back

Geet: Sir he is not a monkey..i mean look at him..he is so handsome and cute

Ranjvir: Geet

Geet: right sir, I will go right now (Pinky hands her..her bag and the model as she leaves with Ajay in a hurry)

Precap: lets meet up

So how is it?😆😆😆
Edited by mrs.msk - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

angili thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I loved that movie with Michelle fifer and Jorge cloney nice start
mrs.msk thumbnail

Originally posted by: angili

I loved that movie with Michelle fifer and Jorge cloney nice start

me too!!
I couldn't help but write one shot on it
hopefully I did justice to the movie😳
sona-rai thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
🤣🤣loved it loved it a lottt🤣🤣
angili thumbnail
By the way girls I need help I want to buy boots but I got confused what kind I want all I know is I want it black with 5-6 centimeters heels what is the fashion ? Oh and I walk a lot and I am in London so it is always cold raining
mrs.msk thumbnail

Originally posted by: angili

By the way girls I need help I want to buy boots but I got confused what kind I want all I know is I want it black with 5-6 centimeters heels what is the fashion ? Oh and I walk a lot and I am in London so it is always cold raining

sorry can't help you in fashion department😆😆
and I don't wear heels so umm yea...am sorry
111priyan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Very interesting and funny
nyc work
wud b w8ng 4 nxt
angili thumbnail

Originally posted by: mrs.msk

sorry can't help you in fashion department😆😆
and I don't wear heels so umm yea...am sorry

Huh lark ho kar heels nahi pehenti I mean I don't wear heels daily but I have heels and I love wearing them when I have a car a move in but when I use taxis or buses I don't wear them I put them In my beg and I reach my destination I. Wear them hehehe
tehzeeb25 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
gr888 shot yaar ...vry nice ...
Aur ye kis movie ki baat ho rahi hai ...zara mujeh bhi to naam bolo us movie ka ...
abinash079 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
very interesting and funny
but i hae a doubt
is pari maan and sameera's child?
and is ajay geet's own child then who is the father
plz clarify my doubt😃