Maaneet OS: His Little Mermaid last part uptd...

madhu.pmlist thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hello my dear dearies!!! πŸ˜†
i was recollecting my swimming days back when i was in bangalore and suddenly an idea popped up in me... my ex-coach who is currently the head national coach was a very principled man n damn strict... seeing maan singh khurana reminded me of him thus i weaved a story of my favorite couple maan n geet while using some of the incidents from swimming n using it to make a story for my lovely couple maaneet πŸ˜‰... let's see if u like it 😊

Please Note: some of the terminolgy used are specifically used in this sport. n the pool i have used is actually a real pool down in basavanagudi, bangalore. i used to swim there since i was 9 years old but now i dont anymore πŸ˜›. so the story basically stems from the days of my rigourous competitive practice/swim meets πŸ˜†

Love,
Madhu

Edited by Maaneet_09 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

madhu.pmlist thumbnail
Part 1:
"She is my fiancee!" his voice echoed through the empty halls of the corridor. She instantly looked aghast at him, her cheeks drained of color. The girl beside him clung to him as he had held her dangerously close to him. His eyes spat fire while she stood numb in front of him wishing the ground below swallowed her. She closed her mouth from sobbing loudly and ran away before her heart betrayed her in front of him.
"Geet!" she heard somebody call her but the voice seemed distant. Her legs refused to stop while she ran into what seemed like never-ending darkness. "Geet!" she heard her name again; this time the source seemed closer while she felt somebody shaking her.

"Geet utho or you shall be late for warm-up," Ramya said shaking her once again. "Uff! Yeh ladki bhi na," she said her hands on her hips. She looked around to find another way to wake her best friend and the sleeping queen, Geet Handa. The only other option was of course the age-old method of waking the kumbakarni, water! She brought a jug full of water and without second thought poured the whole thing her face. The cold water caused Geet to instantly jerk up. She saw a fuzzy image of her friend, Ramya Krishnan, smirking at her with an empty water jug.

Geet wiped her wet face, "Pagal, couldn't you wake me without pouring that water?" she asked annoyed.

"Geet, agar tum meri sundar si awaaz se uth jati toh main pani use nahi karti," Ramya said. "Okay now get ready, we have warm up practice in half hour," she said pulling the blanket off of Geet and walking out of the room.

Geet looked around trying to remember what happened last night at the party. The picture near her dressing table caught her attention and the events of last night came crashing to her. After he had declared that obnoxious woman as his fiance, she had ran home and crashed on it while his declaration continuously played in front of her eyes. She forgot when she fell asleep but the events of last evening had been replaying so many times that she had even come to dream of it. She quickly wiped away the lone tear that streamed down her cheek. Today, she wouldn't let his thoughts overpower her. She had dreamed of today's swimming meet ever since she was a child and she had worked too hard for it. And she wouldn't let her emotions rule her that may cause her dreams to go down the drain.  And certainly not for a guy who had even refused to acknowledge her presence.

Ramya and Geet reached the swimming pool and walked into the huge center. At the entrance the sign read, "Basavanagudi Aquatic Center, Bangalore" and right below it there was a cloth banner that read, "Welcome to Nationals".

The friendly watchman, "Good morning amma", greeted them.

"Namaskara Ravi anna (brother)," Geet smiled back at him.

She just walked past him with her bag on the side when she heard him again.  "All the best Geet!" he said showing his thumbs up.

"Thanks anna," she called back before walking into the huge pentagon shaped glass house from where the huge fifty meter pool could be viewed. She saw people diving into the pool for a short warm-up before the big event. On the other side few were doing light land exercises and stretching. She searched through crowd to find a glimpse of him to calm her anxious heart. There he stood amongst the other coaches, his height towering all the people surrounding him with his hands crossed on his broad chest. He wore a white plain t-shirt and held a sheet, which she knew it was event list, and his stopwatch hung around his neck and clung to his well-toned body. He nodded nonchalantly and smiled occasionally as they stood talking around him. His eyes seemed to be searching for something yet his arrogant look on his face didn't give anything away. Involuntarily her hands held the glass and her fingers slid along it as though she was touching his flawless face. He turned away from her to instruct a bunch of kids who were practicing by the end of the pool. The t-shirt on the back read, Head Coach Khurana in bold blue letters. She scoffed at the sight, "Maan, Maan Singh Khurana," she said imitating his trademark commanding voice. He was the man who had taught her to fight, who had guided her through her dark and depressed times, taught her to live, made her discover the meaning of love. It had taken a lot of courage and determination on her part to come out of the dark stages of her life yet it had seemed so easy when he came into her life. It had taken a lot of time for her to come out of the wall she had built around herself after her parent's death. But he had penetrated through it and brought her out, breaking all the barriers. The reason she stood here to compete in her dream meet, nationals was because of the confidence he had in her. But now everything seemed bizarre; in the process of breaking her wall, it seemed he had built one himself preventing her from accessing him. The day she opened her heart to reveal her feeling to the man she loved, he had closed his heart.

"Chalein?" Ramya asked tapping her shoulder. Geet broke out of her stream of thoughts and nodded her head in the positive. They got out of the glass house and headed towards the girls locker room to leave their bags.  As she walked to the locker room she felt she was being watched by a set piercing eyes she jerked her head up hoping for that deep chestnut brown eyes that always made her heart flip looking at her. But she was dejected to find him looking elsewhere, deeply engrossed in his conversation. She proceeded to walk without giving him a second look causing her to miss his intense gaze that followed her until she disappeared into the locker room.

Geet practiced a few flips and did a few sprints, the usual routine for warm-up in 25-meter pool, that was a little away from the main 50-meter pool so that she didn't have to face him. Satisfied the warm-up had loosened her body she changed into her competition swimsuit and wore a loose pair of sweatpants. She headed out of the locker room with her iPod, swim cap and goggles to the announcement area.

Everyone had cleared the pool and officially the National Competition had started with the commencement of the welcome speech, welcoming of the swimmers from all over the country and wishing them all the best. The first event for Group III individual medley had begun with their name-calling. Children between the ages of nine and twelve gathered by the seating area for the swimmers and assistants began arranging them according to their heats.

Geet sat down, hugging her knees with her head bent on them near the water fountain. She had turned on the iPod on full volume to keep her mind from wandering to his thoughts. She occasionally drank sips of elctroplus water, an energy drink and went back to listening to some songs that soothed her nerves so that she could concentrate on her two best events, 200M Individual Medley (IM) and 200M Fly.

The last heats of Group II IM was going on when Geet decided to walk by the announcement shed so she could stretch and loosen up before her call. Usually Maan would give her a small prep talk before her every event and help in stretching, but after last night's incident she knew her relationship with him had been severed. Yet her heart yearned for his company. She shook her arms and legs a few times, loosening up her muscles and looked from the corner of her eyes. There, by the pillar, he stood leaning on it with his legs crossed. Their eyes met for a second portraying a thousand emotions before looking away. She was about to stretch her folded arms when she felt someone stretching them for her. She looked behind to see it was one of her favorite coaches, Bhaskar sir. He had known since the day she had started swimming at the age of 7. And through all these 13 years he had become like a father figure for her.

"Sir neeva (you)?" she asked surprised by his arrival.

"Haan putta, yaake? (Yes baby, why?)" he asked smiling back at her. She let him do the routine stretch while her eyes trailed back the figure behind the pillar.

Bhaskar sir saw her anxiousness and smiled at Geet. The little girl, Geeta Lakshmi Rao who had come to this pool 13 years ago, her features sharp and bright with a long ponytail that waved with her chirpy walk, now stood in front of him. He had seen her grow in front of him from the curious little girl to suave and elegant young woman yet her heart remained the same seven-year-old girl whom he had met for the first time. But something deep had changed when she lost her parents two years ago.

The memory was quite fresh in his mind. Her competition was going on when he got the news of the fatal car accident that had taken away her only beloved ones once for all. He had made sure to keep the news under wraps until all her events finished but she had somehow found out about it, shattering her. She had refused to come to the pool for it reminded of the day they had died and she had gone into severe depression. Swimming had lost one of the best athletes due to her trauma. But the man behind her change now stood behind the pillar, Maan.

Maan had joined the Basavanagudi Aquatic Center a year ago as the head coach. He was one of the youngest men to be named the best coach of the year at the age of 25. Generally known for his extreme workout session and stern personality was not particularly a favorite among his students. He was a man who believed in hard work and the word quit never existed in his dictionary. Once he had come to know about Geet and her potential, he was particular to get her back into competitive swimming. Slowly but steadily he had taught her to fight and overcome her fears. Although she had hated his guts and stubborn nature in the beginning, eventually she started to fall for him. On the other hand, Maan seemed unaffected by her presence yet his eyes spoke a different story and so did his actions. Bhaskar realized he had always kept her at bay for some unknown reason causing Geet to take a bold step to confess her feelings for him. But after coming to know about last night through Ramya, he was afraid things had gone out of hand causing a huge rift between them. He hoped whatever it was stopping Maan from letting her know of his love for her would soon be removed.

"Aune barakke heliddhu (He only told me to come)," Bhaskar sir said out of the blue.

"Huh?" Geet looked quizzically at first but as the words sank in, her puzzled look became normal before becoming furious. "If he wanted he could have came. Why does he have to send a messenger in the middle," she spat looking directly at Maan. "Anyway, why do I care," she scoffed.

"Geetu," Bhaskar sir began only to be stopped by Geet.

"Bidi sir, (leave it) I don't want to talk about anything else now," she said with a wave of her hand. "If he is such a coward to even face me, he doesn't have to come," she sneered and walked away avoiding the piercing pain in her heart. As she was about to walk past the pillar, she was forcefully tugged only to fall on a hard chest.

His hold was strong and secure causing her to tighten her hold on him. His warm embrace brought nostalgic feelings and forgetting her resolve to keep away from him she closed her eyes reveling in the ethereal bliss. He held her close to him, not wanting to let this moment to end. The new announcement brought him back to reality; he looked down at his little mermaid still holding on to him tightly. A satisfied smile crept through his lips at her position. It had taken a lot of efforts to take her sweet lips into his when she saw her cutely pouting at Bhaskar sir but he knew it was in her best interest for him to keep away from her. But the pain in her face had killed him a thousand deaths to see thus, he wanted to erase it through his embrace. Seeing that his effort to ease her had succeeded so he decided to tease her a bit before her big event. He let go of her and cleared her throat to gain her attention. Geet opened her eyes to find herself tightly holding on to the man she had come to loathe. She jerked off his chest and looked down fidgeting her goggles unable to look into his eyes.

"Kyun Geet, it seems you were so comfortable in my embrace. Ab kya hua?" he asked with a lop-sided smile teasing his lips.

"Oh please, stop with your nonsense Maan," she bit back, anger evident in her eyes.

He jerked her once again to him and before she could protest crashed his lips on her soft and tender ones. His forceful entry caused her to seal her lips tighter, preventing him from entering. Fury raged in his insides as she shut away from his kiss and he probed further, forcing her to open up. She struggled to get off his grip and aimlessly whacked his chest but all her attempts were futile as he tightened his grip on her and lifted her up a little so she matched his height. She finally gave up at his continuous nibbling and sucking and parts her lips for him to invade her territory. As soon as got the sign of her giving up he instantly pushed her mouth open and slid his tongue exploring, assuring, and sucking. Just as she was about to drown herself in his deep and passionate kiss, he suddenly pulled away from her, his eyes spitting fire. She felt something missing.

"How many times have I told you not to chew gum before your event," he said chewing away the gum he had just scooped away from her mouth. A slight hue crept through her cheeks at the thought of the way he took away the gum but she regained herself and looked away in anger from him.

"It's my mouth and my wish," she said, holding her head high.

"Then its my wish to invade your mouth," he whispered huskily against her ear.

Geet cringed as she felt his hot breath against her skin and tried to inhale his musky cologne. She looked at him, "Is it your wish to hurt my feelings also?" she asked, her voice reflecting a deep pain emanating from within. Her question had pierced his heart like a thousand arrows and the pain in her eyes was so unbearable that even a thousand deaths wouldn't suffice it. He stepped back from her and looked down guiltily. Concluding his silence was a yes to her question she turned slowly trying to rub away the sudden heartburn that erupted in her chest.

Seeing her walk away in pain and the fact that he couldn't do anything to ease it away he closed his eyes tightly cursing himself. "Geet," he called, his voice strained. She stopped but didn't turn to face him. "Good luck."

Geet knew her question had hurt him but what about the declaration about his fiance yesterday when she had gone to confess her feelings for him? She wanted answers. Their first hug near the fountain, first kiss in the pool, and first date on the mountain; every single moment with him felt out of the world. The love in his eyes, the care in his actions for her was something she could see exclusively for her yet when she had gone to claim that exclusivity, he had rejected her without a second thought. She walked back to the place where all the swimmers were gathering before wiping away her tears. She plastered a fake smile when she saw Ramya and Bhaskar sir looking at her with concern. Before they began questioning her, she hurried to the chairs where the assistants were calling the names of the participants according to the heats.

Geet walked to her lane, number three. She took a deep long breath and jumped up and down a few times to get rid of her nervousness. She wore her goggles and removed her sweatpants while the announcer whistled for the first time, signaling the swimmers to take their positions. She touched the diving board, praying to her Krishna, to help her win this event and then took position. She tightened her grip on the diving board at the second whistle and heard the announcer's final whistle that was the commencement of the race. Forgetting everything she smoothly dived into the cool water before gliding up to start swimming.

Geet got a nice head start lead from the other swimmers as her best stroke was butterfly and the first stroke of IM was butterfly. She kept her pace at medium so that she wouldn't tire out by the last lap. She saw Bhaskar sir at one end of the pool shouting her name and gesturing her to swim faster and on the other end she saw Ramya cheering for her. Her eyes desperately searched for Maan's presence near the end of her lane, like he always did. But he wasn't on the either side of the pool. She began breathing more frequently, putting her head up for every stroke of fly instead of the 3 strokes per breath and 2 strokes per breath regime that would increase her speed. This caused her to slow down, allowing others to catch up with her. She began backstroke yet her eyes still looked for her Maan causing her to turn her head unnecessarily, again slowing her speed. Bhaskar sir saw her slowing down and panicked and each time she came near the end he shouted to concentrate and speed up. But his shouts had no effect on her deaf ears; she continued to tilt her head around looking around for him even at the end of breaststroke.

Just as she was about to start her final stroke, freestyle, she got a glimpse of him running towards the end furiously shouting at her to move faster. His presence revived her dry soul and as if she was refueled suddenly she picked up speed, catching up with the others. It was the last lap of freestyle and she could feel Maan running on the deck as she moved in the water screaming to go faster. It was the last 15 meters and Geet sprinted towards the end and hit the wall sealing the end of her event. She looked around to see people cheering and a small smile crept up her face as she realized she had finished first. She dipped her head and removed her cap, letting her hair loose. Bhaskar sir and Ramya came running down to her end congratulating her on her win. She smiled and thanked them but wanted him to congratulate her. She got out of the pool to see him standing on the other side, his face grim and his eyes narrow as though he was displeased with something. She slowly walked towards him and seeing her come towards him, he moved to a secluded spot near the baby pool.

Geet followed him, her body dripping of the pool chlorine water and in one hand her sweatpants and in the other her goggles and cap. He saw him stand with his hands crossed as though he was waiting for her. She hurried to his side, eager for him to congratulate her, and stood right in front of him.

"What the hell was that Ms Rao?" he barked, his eyes dancing in fury. She was taken aback by his sudden anger and looked at him her mouth agape and her eyes almost ready to fall out.

"Kkkya hua Maan?" she managed to blurt out.

"Sir, Maan sir kaho!" he said narrowing his eyes.

"Sorry sir," she said surprised by his demand. He had allowed her to call him Maan when they were alone but now he ordered her to call him sir, she knew something was seriously wrong. She nervously looked at him.

"Damn it! Do you call that a race? Pura ka pura 3 seconds more than your best time! What the hell were you thinking?" he blasted at her. "Kyun? Did you think that you were too good for everyone causing you to slow down?"

Tears streamed down her cheeks and in spite of the water on her face, her salty tears left behind a trail. She had wanted him to cheer for her but not finding him there made her lose hopes causing her to slow down. But she had managed to catch up once she saw him. Would he even understand he was the cause of her restlessness? She stood numb without speaking another word and looked down at her hands, unable to face his wrath.

"Speak up Ms Rao!" he roared. "I am not paid to pamper you here," he said callously.

She shot her head up at his statement. Was this all about his job? She thought painfully. A fresh set of tears rolled down her cheeks and her lips quivered, preventing her to stand mum to his accusations.

"Stop that silly crying," he said pointing at her. "Its simply a shame to have a swimmer like you," he scoffed and walked away.

As soon as he left her, she completely broke down and fell to the ground. He had called her a shameful swimmer despite the fact that she managed to beat every single person in the last lap. Of course, she didn't give her best but that didn't mean she had brought him shame. His callous remarks had hurt her beyond return; she had never seen Maan behave so rudely with her even when they had hit off on the wrong chords initially. He would always tease her, mock her, but never hurt her like this. She closed her face and sobbed endlessly when she felt a hand on her shoulders. She looked up to see Ramya. Geet instantly wiped her tears away and sniffed. "Kuch nahi, it's the chlorine water," Geet lied.

"Geetu, I really can see when you lie. Please don't cry. He actually doesn't mean anything he says," Ramya tried to reason.

"Ramya please, that man coldheartedly walked away from here," Geet began then realized why she was crying over spilt milk. She rubbed clear of the tears and got up with a serious face. "You know what, I was not born on this earth to please him. But since he has called me a shameful swimmer I shall show him who I am," she determined. She walked away in a huff, her ego hurt deeply from the pain inflicted by Maan Singh Khurana.

Geet pushed away all other thoughts and was determined to break her records for 200M and 100M fly. She concentrated and focused on the next event, 200M butterfly. She got a head start with a nice long dive and she was unstoppable for the rest of the race, causing her to break her own record and again earning her a gold for 200M fly. She walked back after that event and on the way saw Maan, who stood with no emotion in his face. She scoffed at him and walked right past him. Next the 100M butterfly was also another gold for her as she easily beat her opponents and at the same time breaking her record. Bhaskar sir and Ramya were really proud of her achievements. Finally the events of the day ended with the medal ceremony and Geet was the proud achiever of 3 gold medals and breaking two records. Everyone in the pool was proud of her and had congratulated her for her win except one man who maintained his grim face throughout the day.

Geet changed into her track pants and a shirt and hauled her bag on her shoulder. She had asked Ramya to start early and she would catch up with her in the apartment. She walked out of the pool saying bye to the watchman, Ravi Anna, into the deserted street. She slowly walked to the nearby large playground, went and sat on the side bench, her mind blank. She opened her bag, found the three gold medals that were now shining under the sodium street lamp and looked at them as though they could magically soothe her.

Unknown to her tears rolled down her cheek. These medals were supposed to give her sweet joy as she had worked all her life for these yet seeing them only gave her more pain. She looked up at the sky bedecked with tiny stars shining down at her hoping to see her parents through one of them.

"Mamma yeh dekho I won," she said holding her medals high. "Appa nodithiya? (Dad did you see?) I did it!" she said smiling through her tears. "Now aren't you proud of your little girl?" she asked as though she would expect an answer. She kept her medals back and all of sudden she started to cry out loudly, unable to mouth her emotions. She sobbed continuously; her mind tried to reason the cause of these tears. She had won, hadn't she? It was her dream and here she was holding three gold medals from nationals yet her heart told her she was not happy. Her loud wailing slowly turned into periodic sobs and hiccups. She finally sniffed back her tears when she felt someone touch her.

alright me hunny bunzzz how was it?? this is part one of two parts. i shall soon post the second part before going on my vacation. i know a lot of people are cursing me about not updating karmas of love i am in a serious writer's block for that n also a lot of personal problems in the home-front have been keeping me busy i hope to clear those up before i can give a justifiable update... please hang on there πŸ˜•
madhu.pmlist thumbnail
Part 2:
Geet looked around to be genuinely surprised by the person's appearance. She knotted her eyebrows confused at the tall slender woman who stood in front of her. The girl smiled at her and Geet missed the significance of the smile. The same girl who had stood beside Maan as his fiancee with a look of arrogance, stood before her alone very humbly.
"Aap?" Geet asked puzzled.

"I am really sorry Geet, mujhe maaf kardo," she said with her arms folded.

"Arre, aap mujhse kyun maafi maang rahe hain?" Geet asked getting more confused.

"Nahi Geet, maine bahut badi galti ki," she said, her eyes downcast.

"I'm sorry I didn't get you?" Geet asked in bewilderment.

"What you saw yesterday was only the partial truth behind Maan's declaration that I was his fiancee. The truth is that I was his fiancee but not anymore," she paused and a tear slid down her clear etched face. Geet didn't move even a slight moment unable to fathom what was going on. Seeing her stand mum the woman continued, "I have known Maan since my childhood. We grew up as neighbors, went to same school, even the same college. He was my best friend since the time I could remember but I don't know when my friendship for him turned into love. When I asked my dad to go ask him to marry me I had told that he had always seen me as his close friend. I was shattered but my dad persisted he marry me. Then he had asked for some time to decide, as it was a major decision. After that he had moved here to coach you guys but he still kept in touch with me. He always used to talk about you, Geet. The love and respect he carried for you had made me really jealous yet at the same time I felt only you would the only one who could be his equal. But see, the fact that he could not be mine had pricked my heart and it was reflected in the things I did. I had confined myself to the four walls of my room refusing to meet anyone. I used to constantly think about him and cry all day. My dad felt pain each time he saw his cheerful and fun-loving daughter, slowly slipping into depression. One day he came to me and lovingly said that he had to take care of a few things and once they were done I would never be unhappy. He had insisted I accompany him so that I would get a change in atmosphere. I had innocently let him take my decision for I had no strength left in me to do so. To my surprise we had landed in Bangalore; I felt happy hoping to get a chance to meet Maan. I didn't know what transpired between the times from when we landed to the time when he declared that I was his fiancee. I was surprised by his sudden change in decision but nonetheless felt happy. I seriously didn't know that you were Geet when you came down that day. But as soon as you left he completely broke down and excused himself from the party. He remained aloof and when I insisted on what happened, he vowed to stay mute. Unable to see Maan crumbling down I had ran to my dad just a few minutes ago only to get the shock of my life. I heard him talking to somebody on the phone asking him or her to keep an eye on the girl whom Maan was going behind. I stood by the door, straining my ears to listen to the conversation. The rest of the conversation has muffled but he ended with saying that he wouldn't mind even if they kill that girl for his daughter's happiness was above everything. I barged into the room when he had just kept his phone down very angry and hurt at how low my dad could stoop to keep me happy. I threatened to kill myself if he didn't reveal what was going on. At that time he blurted he had actually threatened Maan to marry me else he would harm you. I couldn't believe my ears; the dad whom I had adored all through my childhood for my mom had died when I was young, was ready to kill somebody for me. I was appalled at his cheap resolve and warned him to keep away from you. I did love Maan but his happiness was very important to me. He was my friend even before he became my lover. And as a friend all I wanted was to see him happy. When you came yesterday I saw the same love he had, in your eyes and I knew it would be wrong on my part to take away something that only belonged to you. Maan was never mine, he is yours and shall always remain so," she finished smiling through her tears.

Geet's eyes widened her eyes into the shape of a big round circle with every word she uttered. She couldn't believe what she had heard a few minutes ago. The world around her seemed to spin rapidly and she slipped a little before getting a grip of herself. She thought she was dreaming for she felt restrained to even speak a word.

"Rachna aur Maan never go together, magar Maan aur Geet is eternal and I shall never come in between them. Ab jaldi jao aur Maan ka sapna pura karo," she said, her eyes glinting naughtily. Geet didn't understand what she meant by Maan ka sapna, as if Rachna read her mind she continued, "becoming Geet ka pati," she finished.

Slowly the words sank into Geet causing her to slowly regain the smile she had lost a day ago. Tears of joy rolled down her eyes, she flung her arms and hugged Rachna tightly, trying to absorb her pain. Rachna returned her warm hug back. Both ladies stood still, letting their silence talk. Few moments passed and Geet managed to whisper, "Thank you."

Rachna broke away from her hug and held her at her arm's length and looked intently at Geet. Geet sniffed back her tears and wiped the remaining from her face, staining her pink cheeks. Rachna put her hand lovingly on Geet's cheek, "Please don't thank me Geet. This is the least I could do to see Maan happy. Tumhe pata why he always shielded you, always stayed by your side, and forced you back into swimming in spite of your resolve to stay away from it, because just like you even lost his parents in a very similar manner seven years ago. He was competing to be selected for Olympics; everyone was very sure he would easily get in, as his records were perfect. Magar that fatal day he heard of the crash causing him to falter and he lost his chance forever to swim in the Olympics. That day he had resolved to coach and train other swimmers and fulfilled his dreams of achieving big through his students. When he first heard about you, he knew what you were going through and was determined that you didn't have to suffer like he did," she finished solemnly.

Geet was again stunned by the new insight into the man's, which seemed cold and merciless, life. She had always seen him as a perfectionist, in fact chided him for being so stern and heartless towards his students but she didn't know all he wanted was to get them to do their best. She mentally slapped herself for wrongly assuming about Maan and his character.

"Aur haan Geet, if you don't let me go now, I think I might have second thoughts about letting Maan go," she joked.

Geet chuckled; the woman in front of her was a special specimen indeed. She had all her life loved Maan yet when she knew he loved someone else she had selflessly stepped away just to make him happy. She wondered if she would have let go of Maan if presented in a similar situation. She once again engulfed her in a huge bear hug before letting her step away into the darkness.

Rachna walked away, got into a car nearby, and sped away. The dust in the playground died down in a few minutes and a faint tall figure emerged from it. She saw the figure walk towards her and soon the dim streetlight lit his handsome features as he strode towards her. Geet smiled at the man she had come to love, in fact he had become her life in a very short period of time. She would make sure she would accompany him in every phase of his life, through thick and thin, through rain or shine. She slowly walked towards him, her face beaming with joy and her eyes sparkling like the clear water sea. She examined him from head to toe but stop right when she saw his chiseled; in fact a perfect Greek God like face but something seemed odd. He clearly carried a lop-sided smile, mocking her and smirking at her. She stopped mid-way to get a closer look; his eyes carried a mischievous glint and he was smirking at her as if teasing her for being so silly. She frowned at his response; she expected him to run to her and apologize for hiding everything from and hauling insults at her since yesterday. Today he had behaved very badly and mocked her ability to swim for which he needed to be on his knees, pleading her to accept his apologies. But here he was, smirking at her and having a haha-I-told-you-so look. He walked right in front of her and was about to hug her when she stopped him at an arm's length, "Stop right there Maan sir," she said sternly.

Maan was taken aback by her coldness. He was sure Rachna would have cleared up everything after the fiasco. Mr. Gupta had threatened to take away Geet's life if he saw her anywhere near him. Thus he had deliberately avoided her and announced that Rachna was his fiance so Geet would be too hurt and angry to even come near him. But his resolve had weakened when he heard her painful words while she was with Bhaskar. His impulse to soothe her and assure her she could never replace anyone in his life turned into a passionate hug and kiss. But the immediate thought of her in danger had caused him to step away from her in spite of the pricking uneasiness in his chest. He had kept away from her until he saw that she was sinking in her best event individual medley. He knew the exact reason she was slowing down trying to search for him but was furious at the fact that she had started totally depending on him. He didn't want her more hurt and cause her more pain but his little mermaid was making the situation all the more harder. He wanted to win without getting distracted and the only way she would accede to it was to instigate her ego. When he had called her a ashamed swimmer he knew he had hit the right string. And like he wished she resolved to stay away from him and prove her point. He was proud of her achievements beyond description but didn't want to give his emotions away in front of her for he knew he could never keep his emotions in control and endanger her life. He had silently agreed to marry Rachna without second thought when he knew Geet would be harmed. Of course he loved his little mermaid more than his own life, but when the question of her life arose, he would never take chances, she was too precious for that. He had accepted to live away a life without his Geet but his heart pained every second even to think about it. He couldn't talk to his best friend Rachna for she was too innocent of the things brewing in her father's mind. But when she did come to know about it she had humbly stepped aside and led the way for Geet. He would be always grateful to her for that. He knew how much pain it would give her to walk away from his life and he would make sure she a good partner in someone else.

Rachna had insisted to apologize to Geet and tell her what happened so that he could unite with her. She had driven him to the pool only to find her gone away. He had madly called her apartment, Bhaskar sir, and all other acquaintances of hers with no luck. Everyone had said the last they had seen her was in the pool. He was about to break down and call the police when he remembered where she might be; the nearby playground where he had first taken her on a street-side date and had kissed her under the street lamp, claiming it to be mistletoe. He hurriedly reached there to find her exactly under that lamp staring blankly at the sky. He wanted to run to her and kiss her to no breath assuring her he was always her Maan, Geet ka pati but Rachna had stopped him and said she would clear everything before he could claim his love for her. He had patiently waited in the car but each passing second seemed like an eon. His fingers itched to touch her, feel her, and claim her. And finally the moment arrived; Rachna came back smiling calling him to claim his little mermaid. His heart lurched at the sight in front of him; she had cried her heart out making her face and eyes red and puffy. But he promised he would never let another drop roll down his soft cheeks. Having decided that, he wanted to tease Geet a bit and distract her. He knew she hated when he arrogantly smirked or had a lop-sided smile on his face and that would definitely irk her and evoke the little child in her. And viola it worked wonderfully, she was irked and had called him sir, which she usually did when she was angry or irritated. 

Maan maintained his smirk, "Kya hua Geet? Aren't you happy to have me back?" he asked innocently.

"Oh who said so?" she asked tapping her foot.

"I said so," he declared pompously.

"Pssht, and may I know who are you?" she scoffed.

"Geet ka pati," he said and pulled her closer to him and smacked his cold lips on her soft petal like luscious lips. Geet was too stunned to respond initially to his touch but when he probed further letting his tongue play a sensuous game she slowly started responding. She teased his senses endlessly, biting him, nibbling his lower lip, and sucking. He moaned against her lips, calling her name. He let his hands linger around her bare waist, drawing patterns as he had lifted her shirt slightly. He brought her closer to him, molding her into him.

They reluctantly broke away from the kiss after what seemed like a long time, panting heavily for air. Geet until now had forgotten her resolve to be angry on him and again regained her furious and stern posture. She balled up her fists and hit him lightly on his chest. Maan was taken aback by the sudden change and asked what happened by nodding his head.

"Katthe, kothi, yaako nannu bittu hodhe? (Donkey, monkey, why did you leave me?)" she said once again bursting in tears. Maan let her vent her anger and sorrow for he knew he was guilty of running away from her, but he couldn't see any other option. "Idiot, fool, aise bhi koi karte hain kya?" she said in between her hiccups. "You have no right to leave me like that, samjhi aap? No right damn it!" she said before hugging him tightly fearing he would disappear again. He held onto to her waist in one hand and let his other hand smooth her hair while telling her everything was alright now. Finally her sobs died down but she sniffed occasionally.

"Jaan," he said lovingly.

"Hmm?" she said still absorbed in his embrace.

"I'm really sorry for behaving like a jerk."

Geet looked up to see his eyes filled with tears. She cupped his face and shook her head in the negative. "Nahi Maan, it wasn't your fault. If I were in your place I would have done the same thing," she said remembering the pain he went through trying to keep her out of danger while sacrificing his love. A lone tear escaped from his eyes before he brought her into his embrace. He tightly clung onto her. Geet felt her shoulder getting wet and realized he was silently sobbing. She rubbed his back to calm him down, "Maan please apne aapko sambhaliye. I am fine," she said knowing the reason why he was crying, he had feared losing his Geet more than losing his love. "Magar haan, agar aapne dobara aisa kiya toh sach much mein marβ€”"

Maan instantly jerked his head and forcefully closed her mouth with his fingers. "Chup, bilkul chup," he said eyeing her furiously. "Dare you leave me to suffer in this world! I promise I shall come hunting you down!" he roared. Her eyes twinkled at his love for her. she wondered how did she miss his ever present love in his eyes for her. She kissed his fingers before removing them and jerked his collar forward before claiming his lips. He let her completely take over as she explored the crevices of his mouth sensually with her tongue.

The kiss started out to assure him that she would never leave him but it deepened as their passion increased. Occasionally she bit his lower lip and immediately sucked them. She broke away from his and place wet kisses by his jawline, "Maan," she said moving her kisses down near his adam's apple. He moaned and pulled her up before kissing her endlessly again. She gladly allowed him to invade again. He finally let go of her and kissed her lips before looking at her, his eyes glazed and oozing passion.

"Jaan, one more kiss and I seriously will not think twice before doing it right here," he cooed against her ears in his raspy voice. Geet turned beet red at his remark and hid in his chest. "Maan," she said, her voice muffled. "Toh ghar leke chalo na," she said biting her lower lip. That was all he needed, he lifted her up in one go and took her home.

Geet expected him to rip off her clothing but to her surprise he gently tucked her in and snuggled closer to her before kissing her forehead and wishing her good night. Although she would have wanted to do otherwise, she gladly snuck closer to him thanking the lord for giving her Maan back. Today morning she had feared she had lost him forever yet the turn of the events had assured her otherwise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A six-year-old little girl smoothly managed to swim across the swimming pool located in the huge backyard of the house. She finished her lap and proudly stood up, her tiny legs barely reaching the ground. Through the large glass doors opposite to the pool a huge photo canvas of Maan and Geet standing next to each other contently smiling could be seen. In the photo Geet had worn a simple red saree, in the midst of a rose garland a small tiny black beaded necklace could be seen, and her maang teekha was filled with the same color as her saree. Maan stood beside her in a similar avatar with a rose garland and a simple white shirt. In the background a temple roof could be seen in the distance. Geet's eyes fell on the photo as she was lying on the beach chair near the pool.

A slow smile crept on her face as she looked at the photo and a lone tear of joy escaped at the sight of the man who stood beside her in the photo, Geet ka pati, like he always like to put it. It was a photo she would cherish all her life, the day they had become man and wife officially.

The day after she thought she had lost her Maan forever, Maan insisted on taking her to the famous Basavanagudi temple and forced her to wear the red saree in spite of her complaining. When they reached the temple a sweet surprise waited for her. Bhaskar sir, Veena Aunty, his wife, and Ramya stood smiling and carrying two rose garlands.

They had exchanged their vows in front of God. Although the ceremony was quiet, it was memorable nonetheless. She had officially owned Maan Singh Khurana and she would make sure nobody else laid claim on her Maan. Throughout the marriage ritual Maan looked content and at peace and held her hand tightly. At the end of the saat pheres he looked at her lovingly and kissed her forehead before announcing, "I love you my dear Geeta Lakshmi Rao," to her embarrassment.

"How was that mamma?" the little girl squeaked, holding her hands on her hips.s 

Geet gave her a flying kiss to her darling child. "Bull's eye Harika!" Geet yelled back looking at the stopwatch. She adjusted her seating in the long beach chair that was set up by the pool and it was filled with cushions everywhere to help pregnant Geet be comfortable.

Harika walked out of the pool and removed her speedo swim cap and shook her head, spraying water everywhere. Geet shook her head in annoyance, "Junior Maan Singh Khurana at work!" she said rolling her eyes. Harika, although looked exactly like a mini version of Geet physically, she had completely taken over her father, the arrogant and angry young man, Maan Singh Khurana in characteristics and mannerisms. She was hotheaded, ready to scare the wits out of anyone, stubborn, arrogant, smart, and of course very charming and beautiful.

"Is someone remembering me?" she heard him walking into the backyard in his usual track pants and a plain blue t-shirt.

"Dadda!" Harika shouted and ran to her father. Maan opened his arms wide welcoming his little angel and jerked her up in the air before catching her securely into his arms.

"Hi my baccha," he said kissing her wet cheeks. "Mamma ko tang kiya?" he asked narrowing his eyes.

"Nahi dadda," she said looking scared.

"Accha? Toh shuru karein?" he winked.

Geet heard their conversation and opened her mouth into a huge O. "Maan!" she yelled struggling to get up. "Already tum dono mujhe itna tang kartein hain aur upper se you are asking to do more shararat?" she asked flabbergasted.

Maan walked near her before asking Harika to go change into something dry. "Geet main shararat?" he asked innocently. "Geet mujhe shararat ka spelling bhi pata nahi hai."

"Accha? Toh kal raat aap spelling na jaan-ne ke bina who sab kuch kar rahe the?" she asked cocking her eyebrow up.

"Maine kya kiya?"

"Dekhiye my neck is filled with your bites from last night, and it doesn't stop there it goes all the way down to," she began but stopped abruptly aghast over what she was going to reveal about last night. Her cheeks turned scarlet at the thought of her even trying to describe last night and shied away.

"Haan, haan, bolo Geet, tum kuch keh rahe the," he teased loving to see her blush. He closed the distance between them and stole a kiss from those inviting lips.

Geet looked at him, her eyes glinting mischief, "hogo lei! (Go!)"

"Tumne mujhe hogo lei kaha?" he asked feigning anger and scooping her in his arms. "Iska punishment toh dena hi padega my dear little mermaid," he said seductively and walking towards their room.

Maan carefully laid Geet on the soft plush bed making sure she didn't get hurt and laid down beside her. His long slender fingers shamelessly traveled down her neck causing her to slither in pleasure. Unable to take his teasing she groaned and caught his arms before she exploded in pleasure. "Maan please," she managed to whimper pulling him close to her face. He immediately removed his shirt and threw it aside, "I love you my little mermaid," he managed to blurt out before invading her body and soul.

okay here is the most anticipated part of this OS. shorry for the delay 😳 its the concluding part too πŸ˜ƒ i hope u enjoyed it as much as i enjoyed writing it πŸ˜‰. please leave ur valuable comments i shapat read them but i am simply unable to reply to any coz of some problems... chappals n jhutis welcome for not replying to ur comments...
PS: i am going on vacation starting today so i wont be updating anything until next weekend prob... please bear with me πŸ˜ƒ i promise to come back with a bang [psst i hope by now u know what the word promise means for me 🀣]

smallville thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Awesome update!!!
Loved it !!!
Story is very unique
Can't wait to read the rest :)
aamirkhanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
awesome os...loving it...why is maan behaving like this with her?
-bansi- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
loved the update...
add me 2 ur PM list...!!!
its an amazing concept...
loved it alooot...

Krishnaluv94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Loved the first part! Can't wait for the second! Thanks for the PM!
esha143 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
nice n beautiful OS...I guess Maan has a strong reason to keep away from Geet like that...n that will be revealed now that her meet is over n she won...
tanya_vi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Very good concept and very very well written!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Geet's inner turmoils were nicely put into words. Loved the way how Maan manipulated her anger and made her determined to win..
Why he wanted to hide his feelings from her still remains a mystery..I'm sure you have a logical explanation for this..So for the time being I'll cool my jets and wait for my pyaari Madhu to update the next part.πŸ˜ƒ.
amreenshameem thumbnail
Superb
Aww so cute
Love it
Do cont soon