SIYAHI thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
 THIS IS MY RD BURMAN BIRTHDAY SPECIAL ON MAANEET

AATHVA SUR

He was crazy for music'.she was crazy for music'..they hated each other'..he loved jazz she loved Indian Classical'..he loved guitar she loved the Tanpura ''..they were together in school'.how many times did he cut of her Tanpura strings so that she couldn't perform'.how often did she hide his guitar and made the teacher make him kneel down''both were lost in their own worlds and they felt music of the east and the west would never mingle'.

She was Geet and he was Maan'..their family were friends'..their parents wanted to fix up the two'the townsmen thought they were a couple made in paradise'.but they hated each other'.in the mornings when Geet practiced her Bhairavi he would deliberately turn on some rock music to its fullest volume to disturb her '..when he would practice his country music she would turn on her Sufi's or Kirtans to the fullest volume'..as Oriental music and western music were always different categories in college they never had the fortune of competing each other'.the town knew they were the best singers'.all functions had them as singers'even AIR had them as listen singers'as they passed out of college they treated each other with maturity'.they had stopped sabotaging each other'..they would continue hating each other and crossing each other's paths if not for the declaration'..the declaration that there was a search for the most happening Music group of the country'..both had their own groups and they would sure participate but kahani mein twist tha'only one participant per town or city'..ab kya hoga? How will the two different cultural thoughts meet?...

Arre Geet to sun to'no way Ronnie I will not perform any stupid soulless song'oyye you jahi gawar Jazz is not soulless'. Maan tu bhi'..Ronnie mujhe bhi wo boring raga gaane ka koi shauq nehi hai'then what will we do? Hmm bol na? fir humare town se koi nomination nehi jaegi? Remember what Mayor saab said either it is the two of you together or none'..mere paas ek idea hai said Saakshi'now keep your ideas to yourelf'well tum log idea sun to lo'.why don't we sing Pancham Da? His songs are a perfect blend of east and west'..Pancham Da'.both paid respect to him and none couldn't say know'par I mean'emm hum'That's it guys we have the solution mein abhi nomination papers fill karta hu'..but Group ka naam nein choose karungi Maan nehi'oyye you chhipkali tujhe kya lagta hai you will choose and I will accept it?...shut up you wild boar'.

Chhhuppp ye idea mera tha to naam bhi mein hi doongi'..the group will be called BOSS'..kya?...hmm boss ka gaana gayenge to BOSS hi to naam hona chahie hai na?...Both stared at Sakshi and agreed'.to kal practice at 5 am?...okay

None turned up except the two lead singers Geet and Maan'..it was raining heavily but when it came to music they were never deterred'  when he arrived she was already singing

Rimjhim Gire Sawan

Sulag Sulag Jaaye Mann

Bheege Aaj Is Mausam Mein

Lagi Kaisi Yeh Agan

He was suddenly aware of her voice'.it was sweet and sometimes a bit nasal just the right mixture for modern playback

Rimjhim Gire Sawan

Sulag Sulag Jaaye Mann

Lagi Kaisi Yeh Agan

Rimjhim Gire Sawan

She had her eyes shut lost in RD's music'when he joined her'.

Jab Ghunghroon Si Bajti Hain Boondein
Armaan Hamare Palken Na Moondein
Jab Ghunghroon Si Bajti Hain BoondeinArmaan Hamare Palken Na MoondeinKaise Dekhen Sapne Nayan
Sulag Sulag Jaaye Mann

Her trance broke and they were lost in each other and completed the song'.emm Geet you have a good voice'.Maan tum playback kyon nehi karte?...the rest of the gang watched them praising each other'Ronnie east meets west ke chakkar mein to yaha do dil mil rahe hai''

Part 2

Emm Geet I mean tum ye perform karogi?...she was lost in something'..Maan dekho these glasses and spoons also make music'..yes Geet dekho shayad music is tier mein bhi hai'..they laughed together oblivious of the fact that Ronnie was calling Geet'.Maan firse wo drum bajao na'hmm Geet tum wo Malkosh gao fir'..they were busy mixing and matching their two worlds the worlds they thought would never match'.but there was one man who had matched the two worlds ''how could a music lover not get engulfed in RD'yes even Maan had'.they were practicing when they heard him play the guitar and sing'..

doli mein bithaayi ke kahaar... 

Having settled me in the wedding palanquin, the bearer

laaye mohe sanjana ke dwaar 

carried me on behalf of my beloved,

doli mein bithaayi ke kahaar 

having settled me in the wedding palanquin.

bite din khushiyon ke chaar deke dukh man ko hazaar 

I passed a few days of joy for a thousand days of sorrow.

marke nikalna tha... 

Dying, I had to emerge...

ghar se saavariyaa ke jite ji nikalna para 

Living, I had to depart my beloved's house.

phuulon jaise paanvon mein par gaye ye chhaale re 

Blisters formed on feet like flowers

Geet fell her mouth flung open'.ye Maan gaa raha hai?...OMG '..she ran and hugged him Maan was shocked so were the band mates'.he reluctantly hugged her back'..tumhare voice mein jadoo hai hum zaroor jitenge'.hum tab tak nehi jitenge jub tak tum mera saath na do he whispered'..she lost in him sang

Chura liya hai tumne jo dil ko
Nazar nahin churaana sanam
Badalke meri tum zindagaani
Kahin badal na jaana sanam
Oh, le liya dil, oh haai mera dil
Haai dil lekar mujhko na behlaana
Chura liya hai tumne jo dil ko
Nazar nahin churaana sanam
Badalke meri tum zindagaani
Kahin badal na jaana sanam    
 Ronnie ye ho kya raha hai?...shh tera idea than a Boss ka gana'ab dekh Boss kaise dusmano ko bhi pyar sikhate hai'..Sajaaoonga lutkar bhi tere badan ki daali koLahoo jigar ka doonga haseen labon ki laali koHai vafa kya is jahaan koEk din dikhla doonga main deewana  Oyye Deewana we are not singing these songs jo gaane hum gaa rahe hai uski practice kar''this brought bit back to reality'.but for how long? They spent 18 hours together practicing'sometimes its was Dum Maro Dum, sometimes mero bheegi bheegi si'..Boss had cast his spell on them'.lost in each other's embrace they hummed him Boss     I am scared'.why Maan? Kabhi itne bare crowd ke saamne perform nehi kia'.to? maine bhi nehi kia she held his hand but we are together na?...Together he asked her?...hmm'he had seen that love in her eyes love which would make him alive his music immortal'..as Ronnie's drums and Sakshi's Tanpura played together hand in hand they sang Agar tum na hote, agar tum na hote  Aapke Kamre Mein Koi Rehta Hai / Ta Ra Ra Ra

Hum Nahin Kehte, Zamana Kehta Hai / Ta Ra Ra Ra

Aapke Kamre Mein Koi Rehta Hai / Ta Ra Ra Ra

Hum Nahin Kehte, Zamana Kehta Hai / Ta Ra Ra Ra

Aapke Kamre Mein Koi Rehta Hai 

Hum Aaj Udhar Se Nikale To, Bade Intazam Se

Gira Raha Tha Koi Parda, Haye Sare-shaam Se

Udhar Aap Ki Photo Se, Saji Deewaar Pe

Padaa Hua Tha Ek Saya, Bade Aaraam Se

Aapke Kamre Mein Koi Rehta Hai and the medley moved to 

Hamein aur jeene ki chaahat na hoti
Agar tum na hote, agar tum na hote

Tumhein dekh ke to lagta hai aise
Bahaaron ka mausam aaya ho jaise
Tumhein dekh ke to lagta hai aise
Bahaaron ka mausam aaya ho jaise
Dikhayi na deti andheron mein jyoti
Agar tum na hote, agar tum na hote
Hamein aur jeene ki chaahat na hoti the crowd had gone crazy by then''

Kuchh Na Kaho Kuchh Bhi Na Kaho
Kuchh Na Kaho Kuchh Bhi Na Kaho
Kya Kehna Hai Kya Sunna HaiMujhko Pata Hai Tumko Pata Hai
Samay Ka Ye Pal Thamsa Gaya Hai
Aur Is Pal Mein Koi Nahin Hai
Bas Ek Main Hoon Bas Ek Tum Ho

Boss the magician brought the two worlds together'.yes Boss was mad'he saw music everywhere'.he saw music in abandoned items Boss agar hote to I am sure today we would have an AATHVA SUR''today this very much in love musical couple are bound by the scared Aathva Sur'they didn't win the award but they found each other and I am sure like me and millions of other plans they are celebrating their Cupid and our Boss RD BURMAN's Birthday'..me signing off have a little cake cutting on Pancham Da's birthday'till then have a Musical Monday

Edited by DILIBADAAT - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

katerpillar thumbnail
very nice n musical...loved it...😊
rsroopali thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
wowww 
it was sooo musicalll
ashuvar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
hey im a new reader... just now read few of ur os its really awesome i need to read all ur wonderful works on maneet!!! wer can  i read ? can i get the link for ur blog?? and plz add to ur pm list

maansee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

hi paullu

i always wanted to see u back at forum... we love u and your updates...

wonderful attampt... ek shardhanjli  to  RD BARMAN
mandymore thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Beautiful n musical os.luvd it
preethia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
nice tribute to pancham da
Tyro thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
lovely OS...

Pancham da was truly gr8...the real BOSS of music...

thnx for PM...
Sabmeratu. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Fabulous OS
loved it...
Thx 4 the Pm
Krishnaluv94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
That was beautiful! Thanks for the PM!