Maaneet SS: ...A Special Day? Last Pt: Pg 4

..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 13 years ago

...A Special Day?

Maan woke up that morning to see his wife sitting in front of the mirror, getting ready for her day. He stumbled out of bed and made his way towards her, wrapping his hands around her waist and hugging her from the back.

"Maan. What are you doing?" she questioned, shrugging his hands away and continuing to put on her earrings.

"Romancing with my wife on this special day" he replied cheekily, as he took the tiny box with sindoor and filled his wife's maang.

"Special day? What special day?" she asked, a confused and puzzled look on her face. "Today's just a Sunday, and for your information Mr. Maan Singh Khurana, Sundays happen every week. There's nothing that special about them. Anyways, hurry up and get ready, I have so much work to do today. Ma is not feeling well and you know na, ki Naintara and Riddhima are pregnant so they can't even work now."

Geet got up, pushing her husband away from her, and went towards her children's room, where her two angels, Diya and Dhruv were sleeping peacefully in their beds.

Meanwhile, back in their room, Maan just stood, confused. "Did my wife just forget my birthday? She thought that today was just a Sunday? Is she out of her mind? Maybe she'll remember when everyone else wishes me" he thought to himself as he made his way into the bathroom to get ready.

Thirty minutes later, Maan came downstairs only to find everyone sitting at the dining table already, each busy in their own breakfast. Armaan and Riddhima were sitting at the end, next to each other, with Armaan fussing over his wife's sandwich while Riddhima just smiled at him, shaking her head at her husband's cautiousness. Naintara and Dev were seated across from them, where Dev was trying to convince Naintara to eat a paratha, but Naintara was refusing, telling him that the orange juice and omelette were more than enough for her and her baby. His parents, Dilip and Gayatri were eating their breakfast, joking with Kripa's two kids, while Kripa herself was sitting next to Angad, filling him on all the gossip he missed when he was away on a business trip.

Finally, he laid his eyes towards the head of the table where the two apples of his eyes were sitting, Dhruv and Diya, two adorable two year olds, who were fighting with each other over who gets the next paratha. 

"Good morning everyone!" exclaimed Maan, as he awaited everyone wishing him on his birthday. However, to his shock, everyone merely replied "Good morning Maan [bhaiya/jiju/beta/papa]." Not even one person sitting at that entire table acknowledged his birthday and he was frustrated.

He just sat down at the table, disappointed, and not noticing the smirks everyone else gave each other. Once Geet came and sat down, he addressed the entire table. "So everyone, because today's such a special day, let's all go out, have a picnic and spend some time together."

Dilip responded first, "Ha. Sunday is such a special day na, only once a week. But sorry beta, your Ma is not feeling well, and I don't want her going out in this state, so I'll stay at home. You kids enjoy."

Before Maan could respond though, Armaan stepped in, "Sorry Maan Bhai. Aaj nahi. Some other time, kyun? Aaj Riddhima ko ek doctor's appointment hain to hum dono ko waha jana padega," he said, putting an arm around Riddhima's shoulder.

Dev gave his excuse next, "Sorry Maan Bhai. Naintara and I decided to go visit some of our college friends. It's been so long since we've seen them all."

Kripa answered next, "Maan. Angad came back just last night. He's really tired, so I'm sure he wants to stay at home and rest, and spend time with the kids. It's been so long, na?"

Maan sighed, realizing that everyone forgot his birthday, and finally turned to Geet, "So Madam. What's your excuse for not spending time with me?"

Geet gave him an apologetic look as she said, "Who will take care of the house when everyone else is so busy? I have so much to do today. Sorry Maan, maybe some other time."

Maan was exhausted at hearing all these excuses and got up from the table, picking up his two children while saying "At least I know there will be two people who will have time for me. Right?" Planting a kiss on both his kids' foreheads, he began to walk towards the living room when Geet stopped him. "Woh Maan, aaj main to in dono ko Anwesha aur Arjun ke ghar mein drop kardungi. Anwesha was saying how long it's been since the two have played with Aditya." Aditya was Anwesha and Arjun's three year old son, and the apple of their eyes.

By then, Maan was angry, angry at everyone for having forgotten his birthday, and more angry at Geet for not letting him spend time with his own kids. He silently went and gave the kids back to Geet, went upstairs to grab his laptop and began to leave the house.

"Maan beta, where are you going?" called out Gayatri, as she saw her son leaving. "You didn't even have breakfast yet."

"Han ma. I just remembered I have this important client meeting to prepare for. I won't be home till about 7 o'clock" he responded, not even bothering to turn back to say bye to anyone.

Once the family had heard his car leave, everyone burst out laughing.

If you would like to be PM'ed when I update next, please add .Naina. to your Buddy List :)

Happy Holidays!

Cheers!

~Naina

Edited by Naina2127 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shah10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
nice...love it.
do continue plz.
add me 2 yr pm list.
thx
luv_DD thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
gud yaar plz ad me 2 ur pm lst n update sooon
notfadedaway thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
OMG! ;OO Nainaaaa! first update all your other FF then post a NEW SS! ;P

I LOVEED IT! maaneet are married and have too kids! soo cuteee.

hehe! no one wished maan! soo sad ;( aww! poor him! but I know everyone is planning a surprise for him! ;P

LOVEE his kids..especially their names..<333

UPDTSOON (: I dont want to wait too long! :P hhaha!
Audiwalia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Good one........ Loved it........ I thought its contunation of waitting 4r u but i guess its not......... Poor maan.....lol..... Update soon.
shivangi783 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Loved it😊
Maan's birthday and none has wished him as yetπŸ˜†
-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Naina, I was really scared to read the SS- given the fact that you will get me hooked and then play hide and seek in updating πŸ˜†

But as usual curiosity and the pull of your writing got the better of me...

A surprise party in the making...Cant wait to see what everyone has planned for him...Please update soon!
Edited by -pixie- - 13 years ago
saomom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Poor Maan!  I've had birthdays like that and they are SO not fun!  

I agree with Pixie - no hiding!  Update soon!  I know you're on break, so NO EXCUSES!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

As always, I loved it!
sanu3108 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

nce!!

plz continue soon

luv,

Sana
teri_susan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Another SS.Loved the first part.Maan is funny,he got angry quicklyπŸ˜†.Hope the suprise they planned for him goes well.Continue.........