The love story of the unloved (mini 'Geet')

heezy thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Author's note (that's me): This piece isn't really a run of the mill type of fanfic, nor should I claim it to be a story (it's not half as long as one should be)... it's not really a completed story either. It's more like a one-shot, one-frame kind of piece. It was just a scenario in my head I wanted to try and pen out. I know it's different to what most will acknowledge as a ff but I hope it's not too disappointing. 😳

The love story of the unloved

So I've fallen for you and I don't know why everything you do draws me to you and everything you say makes me feel like every word is meant for me. But it won't work, it can't work and I know the reality of my dreams is that they will never happen  but I can't get you out of my system and I can't even tell you how I feel or why.

"Tara where you at? Earth to Tara, come on we have to leave for Delhi today!"

"I'll meet you in the car"

Another endless day in this endless life and yet here I am waiting for the life to slowly trickle away, waiting for nothing in particular, nothing less than  the extraordinary... waiting for you. My only ray of hope comes from being able to watch you as you go about your daily life while I fall that little bit more hopelessly in awe of you.

As you rouse from your sleepless night you blink twice like always trying to capture the first ray of sunshine into your very soul and the second to acknowledge life is still very much perfect for you. The balance of the world is still very much stable, my life is every dark shadow to your shining light, every bad to all that is right, every bit wrong as much as yours is right. We are perfect for each other yet you do not see me... I am equal to your shadow after all, I guess after a while it is only in the human nature to forget that I exist.

I watch you leave my life today, you go to your office while my 'other' half;  he will always just be the other half for you have become the only one capable of being my better half; sits in the car and waits for me to leave with him. Neither he nor you know that today will be my finally exit. To you who it should matter, the one whom I love with more than my soul, it will never matter... you will never know how I felt and you do not have any feelings to acknowledge for me Maan... Dev does not know what love is to be able to love me the way I need to be loved; the way that I love you.

As the world spins around me, where night and day collide, reality and fantasy crash together, where life as we know it ends and the next life begins... in that moment I found my solace. I found you my love. I found you Maan.

P.S. just in case this wasn't clear, this has been written from Naintara's POV.

Edited by heezy - 13 years ago