sksg thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
As the sun turned the sky golden, it was at last time.

Geet gripped Maan's hand as if it were the only thing holding her on ground. Maan had trouble keeping his eyes off her in her red wedding dress. Every time he looked at her, a helpless smile took him.

Geet's heart swelled with joy, seeing how his heart felt delight diffused through his eyes and reflected on his face. She had for so long dreamed of this magical moment. She had hoped so often, with all her heart, that this day would come. She has feared so often that it never would. So many times, something happened, delaying this moment. Now, it was happening.

Maan looked magnificent in his white and gold sherwani. Every time she dared to take a peek at him, a smile took her. She was marrying Maan. At last. Her knees trembled under her red dress, and shyness took her eyes down.

Geet silently prayed to her Babaji that, this time, nothing would go wrong, and the wedding rituals would at last be completed uninhibited. She couldn't help worrying that it would be taken from her, even now, yet again.

Maan sensing her concern tightened the grip on her hand as he lead her around the sacrificial fire, and Geet's fears began to melt away with joyous anticipation of a new beginning bereft of the shadows of her past.

As she watched his hand tremble slightly, she realized that he was sharing her thoughts: it was real, at last, and it was as they both had always dreamed - except it was better than she could ever have imagined.

Geet was hardly aware of when the marriage rituals finally ended. It seemed a dream. A dream she had dreamed so often that it had finally come to life. To be holding Maan's hand. To have him. To be his wife, and he her husband. For all time.

And then Daadi was blessing them, and everyone else was congratulating them. Meera, with tears in her eyes, hugged Geet. "Thank you both for proving that true love triumphs over all adversities." Geet hugged her back, and whispered, "thank you for being there for me when I needed a friend most."

"I hope you are not going to forget that it was I who was instrumental in getting you two together after your fight.", said a voice behind them. They turned to see a grinning Yash and couldn't believe their eyes. "What are you doing here?" demanded Maan. "Well dude. I have been a fan of your true love ever since I got to witness it in the hospital. I called Meera to see if there is any chance of giving my love story another chance, and she informed me about your wedding. How can I not come? It was such a good chance to try my luck with Meera."

Everyone crowded in to greet the new couple. Geet thought they might get crushed. Finally, it was time to go home, to a new future full of hope and joy.

At last, they reached the quiet of their room, and then, in the soft glow of the light provided by numerous candles, they were at long last alone. As they stared into each other's eyes, words were too small. Maan kissed her forehead, and made her lie down next to him. He held her in his arms, and said in his husky voice, " I promise I will never ever let go of you." Geet started to tremble in anticipation of what will happen next.

Maan placed his palm gently on her stomach and whispered, "I will always take care of you too my dear baby. I will for sure test your maama's himmat some day so that you will have lots of brothers and sisters to play with. But for today, I will let you rest in peace." He then kissed her and her face reflected the contentment of just being in his arms. Thus they slept in each other's arms becoming one, and let us leave them there to enjoy their much earned happiness.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnjuMaanManiac thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
 LOVELY β€οΈ such a beautifully written oneshot πŸ˜ƒ
saanjh11 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
hope we'll be seeing this on our screen,awesome😊
IndigoBlues thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Awesomeness...πŸ˜ƒ you write like πŸ˜ πŸ˜†
Shweta13 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

what a thought , its wonderful !!!! 

khushi_4ever thumbnail
Beautifully written, u have captured the essence of Geet so well. Hope to see this on screen soon.
maaneet2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Oh wow πŸ˜... that filled my eyes with happy tears ...... waiting to see this moment .... πŸ˜
AWESOME!!!!! It was very calming to read something so nice. I'm glad I started my day with this. Of course, true love knows no bounds...and if two people are meant to be..they will come together come rain come shine. Thanks Kal...for such a wonderful read.
-HJ- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
great & beautifully written..hope to c u as a script writer in some movie or serialπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ƒ
it was really really nice!!
-sann- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
oh harry....

Very well written.....

& i know...only my harry could make this possible...πŸ˜‰  
Edited by -sann- - 13 years ago