smj1977.shruti thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
for new readers
if you are reading this FF for the first time my suggestion is:
start from part2,3,4, or part5
then your interest will build up
thank you
{as Libra 25 just pmed me quoting
JUST A SUGGESTION MAY BE YOU CAN REMOVE THE DATES AND THE INITIAL FAMILY STUFF AND TREE AND ALL OF IT. JUST MENTION THAT THEY ARE OLD FAMILY FRIENDS AND HOW IN ONE MARRIAGE THEY WERE DISCUSSINF NT AND MAAN MARRIAGE AND GEETS PETITION TO MARRY MAAN...AFTER THAT THE ENGAGEMENT  TRACK N SO ON...
PROBABLY THE FIRST FEW CHAPTERS ARE PUTTING THE READERS OFF THE HOOK...AND THAY ARE LOSING INTEREST...
ITS JUST A SUGGESTION I THOUGHT MIGHT BE ABLOE TO INCREASE UR READERSHIP...
AS IT IS I MYSELF HAD QUIT IT QUITE A FEW TIMES THEN SOMEHOW RANDOMLY I READ A CHAPTER IN BETWEEN AND AFTER THAT I READ THE WHOLE FF. WHILE READING I MYSELF SKIMMED THROUGH INITIAL STUFF.. }
thank you

index

Introduction
Handa Family lives in Mukeria they are Jagirdaars and Singh family lives in Kalka they are farmers.

Its 1906 AD,

Rupindar Handa(12 yrs) son of Daljeet Handa is being Married to Komal(7yrs), daughter of Harpreet Chaudhary of Hoshiraypur.

Similarly, Rajrup Singh(12yrs) son of Murliraj Singh is married to Gyanmati(9yrs), daughter of Haveliram Bhasin of Amritsar.

Its 1912 AD,

Both Handa and Singh sons goto Agra for doing their enterance Exam, those were the days when one has to qualify the enterance to get admission in Law Course.

During their Study in Agra University both become fast friends.

Its 1917 AD,

Rupinder brings Komal from her Mayakaa to his house in Mukeria, Later he has 3 sons out of this marriage: Mohinder, Jitender and Harvinder

Similarly, Gyanmati comes to Kalka to live with her husband Rajrup and later they have a son whom they call Swaraj.

Though they did different jobs, the friendship between Handa's and Singh's grew stronger. Rupinder sent his elder son to Kalka to learn some farming skills from Rajrup.

Both friends have thought they will get their children married to each other and convert their friendship to relatuinship but alas they both had sons only.

Mohinder in times to come became a fast friend of Swaraj.

Later as time went by all the boys got married.

Komal was the only daughter there fore she inherited her fathers full property, thus the Handa family later was called as Choudhary Handa family.

Our story is concerned to Mohinder Choudhary Handa and Swaraj Singh

Mohinder got married to Rano(Arora) and had 2 sons, Ranveer and Ranvijay

Swaraj was married to Gomati (Khurana) and had 3 sons Arambh, Prarambha and Pratham.

as a visionary these people were both Mohinder and Swaraj purched a lot of land.
Mohinder in places near Kalka where soon the new Capital Chandigarh was established and also near Baddi and hilly areas.
He even invested in Bombay Land market and sent his younger brothers to settle down their and do buisness... which no doudt they were sucessful later.
Swaraj on the other hand concentrared on lands near Delhi and Agra, his wife Gomati was very intellegent she asked him to go for construction industry as in near future due to partition and all the need for new buildings will rise.
she asked his husband to send all the boys to London to do engineering, though at first he was reluctant but later agreed and in near future he had 2 civil engineers and 1 chemical engineer(a new up coming branch).

(n all this course as the 2 friends had no daughters the idea of marriage did not succeed)
 to be continued.......
see the family tree of the 2 families... lots of names
will discuss only which are concerned with at present
same page
Edited by smj1977 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shah10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

nice..do continue plz.

thx
smj1977.shruti thumbnail

the family tree

Name (Handa)

Year(AD)

Name

Year(AD)

1. Daljeet

Mukeria

1. Murli raj

Kalka

1a. Rupinder

1a. Rajrup

Komal (HSP)

(Choadhary)

Gyanmati (Amritasr) (Bhasin)

1a(i)Mohinder wedded to Rano Kundra

1a(i)Swaraj  Wedded to Gomati Khurana

1a(ii)Jitendar (will add later as per req.)

a)Arambha Singh wedded to Samiksha

1a(iii)Harvinder (will add later as per req.)

b)Prambha Khurana wed'd to Prabha

Mohinder+Rano

c)Pratham Singh Khurana wed'd to Savitri

1. Ranveer wedded to Rajji

a)i)Archana

a)ii)Aarohi

a)iii)Vikram changed his name to VikramJeet

a) Naintara

b)Geeta changed her name to GEET

c)Parminder

b)i)Parineeta

b)ii)Kripa

b)iii)Dev

2.Ranvijay wed'd tp Sulekha

c)i)Prerna

c)ii) Muskaan

c)iii) Manjeet changed his name to MAAN

a)Dipendar

b)Prateek

c)Pragya

smj1977.shruti thumbnail

Part 1

1983 AD ' Hoshiyarpur

Arambh: Greetings Darji(to Mohinder) Please you all must have been in Delhi by now the wedding is just in 7 days to go

Ranveer: Namaste Bhaisaab, we were just leaving today but you know these women ' so excited their last minute packing never seems to end. Rajji was complaining ki kya Bhaisaab dono kudiyo no ek hi saath vyaa rahe hai'. What instead of two weddings we only get one

Arambh:yeh bhi koi gal hai ji ' are do kudiyo ni shaadi hai do baraat asi darwaaje nu awengi .. we all need more hands ' waise bhabhi ji hai kitthe.

Rajji and Sulekha (in unison): sat sirikal Bhaisaab hum itte haibas ready hai ji' bachche sacool se aa jaye phir nikalte hai

Rajji to Ranvijay: Devar ji aisa kara aap na samaan ke saath aur Darji, Beeji, Parminder aur Sulekha ke sath badi waali gaadi se Arambha Bhaisaab naal chale jao' mai te tuhadde Veerji ke saath Bachche naal aa jayenge

Ranvijay: the theek hai bhabhiji' to chalo ni Biwi, sab raakh le baaki samaan Veerji le aavenge

The first lot leaves for Delhi

Its Archana and Aarohi's Marriage

Archana is being married to Manav Chawla (successful Automobile engineer and is a dealer of almost all the available cars in India, his business is all around India... will discuss him if need arises)

and Aarohi to Arjun Punj (successful Mechnical engineer has factories all round the country is expanding Internationally also, manufactures car parts is a Poineer in many technologies .. ... will discuss him if need arises)

In Delhi

Swaraj: Gomati atlast after much of ado our 2 granddaughters are to be married.. I just hope if Mohinder had a son or grandson matching their age ' but alas all that is thought can't be true... Fate has its own ways'

Gomati: I was just thinking .. Ranveer has a daughter who could be tied up with Manjeet  their ages match'. That is the pair which can fulfill our wishes from generations.

Swaraj: oh bagwaan yeh aurate mana ki aap bahut samjhdar hai par' these 2 people you are talking about are very small Manjeet is just 12 yrs and ranveer's daughter may be around 8 or 9 yrs' mohotarma aap bhol rahi hai yeh hamara jamaana nahi hai aaj kal bachche padlikh kar settle ho kar shaadi karte hai '

Gomati: ya I know but what's the harm in thinking and sharing our thoughts with others'Maine to baat karni hai ' bus

Savitri: Beeji they have come with Bade Veerji ' Peri pona Chote Darji Beeji

Sat siri kaal Sulekha' aoi this is  um..ummm Parminder naa'. Where is every one else

Parminder: Chachi yeh kitna bolti hai intne sawaal to mere sir bhi nahin karte baap re'

Ranvijay: oye khote chup kara' Namaste bhabhiji don't mind him'

Savitri: are nahin Bhaisaab hamare bhi to bachche hai' if they are not there our lifes will be so monotonous' sorry Parminderji hum jyaada baat nahin karenge... ok done

Parminder: done

Savitri: by the way baki sab kitte hai

Parminder: ji bho peeche aenge abhi sacool naal chutti nahi hui hai naa ...waise yaha koi hai nahin servants etc,. mainu bhuk lagi hai aur need bhi aa rahi hai

every one laughs they freshenup and settle down
In the evening rest of the family arrives.
they all start with wedding preparations and meanwhile Gomati talks about the proposal of Manjeet to Naintara 

to be continued'

part 2: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/36847189

shah10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
nice..do continue plz.
thx
KrishnaSourav thumbnail
nice, lovely part.
update soon.
SaJan-SaJan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
nice one..
add me in ur pm list...
smj1977.shruti thumbnail

Part 2

Rano: are Gomati parjaai aapne to mere man ki baat bol di… waise Manjeet hai kaha… aur baaki bachche kahan hai

Gomati: Archu & aarohi have gone to parlour for facial … aajkal kudiye vyha ke time Parlour me jyaada rehti hai… ab bho jaayengi to baaki sab bhi saath hi jaayengi naa … aur munde bhi gaye hai Manjeet kahan lagya Beeji kudiyon naal kele kaise bheja haum bhi jaayenge… I don't know how they will protect them and from whom… God knows… waise aate hi honge….(noise from enterance)… lo shaitano ka naam liya aur here they come..

Yahan aayo kudiyon … te munde bhi chalo… sab peri pona kara

All in unison: Peri pona.

Rano: Manjeet itte aa .. kina bada ho gaya hai.. and kisses his forhead… jita rah puttar… yeh hai Savitri tera munda… jaa beta fresh ho le… aur bachcho tum sab bhi jayo…dosti bosti kar lo yahin rahana hai 7-8 din samjhe koi shararat nahin Geeta mind your self NT khyal rakha… Dipender no bossing round choto naal khayaal rakha… jayo

Parineeta: come everyone I will show you the playroom and lets have some fun… (she being the eldest after Archu and Aarohi)

(All bachcha log leave)

Geeta left her doll comes to pick it no one notice her she listens to their talk

Gomati: dekha Manjeet aur NT ki jodi achchi hai na… to baat pakki

Rano: so to hai bade hone par Manjeet aur NT ka vyas kar denje aur hum ban jayenge Samdhane…

Geeta interrupts : why Didi… I want to marry not NT… why her she is so quite and shy manjeet will get bored he is my type…

Pin drop silence….Everyone looks at her… then all of them laugh aloud

Gomati: aa beta dekh to na Manjeet naal bahut choti hai you are only 5 naa … stop thinking about shaadi you should concentrate on your studies if you excel in studies and get a good degree you will get to marry a very nice handsome munda…

Geeta: even Manjeet

Gomati: (smiles)…mm…ummm...  maybe

Geeta convinced runs away with her doll to tell others about her finding

As she is climbing the steps she misses one step and is about to fall …

Manjeet is coming down the steps sees Geeta fall moves fast and holds her hand… saving her from falling… Geeta is terrified and closes her eyes… Manjeet picks her up and takes her to the nearest room rests her of the couch and…

Blurts: .mmm.um… Ms Hoshiyarpur express konsa station choot raha tha…(smiles)

Geeta: Thank you Manjeet  and stands to go away… takes a few steps then turns and

Says waise Beeji teri aur meri dono ki teri aur NT ki shaadi ki baat kar rahi thi par maine kaha ki maine tujse shaadi karni hai…

Manjeet: what????????  Tera dimag to theek hai na abhi se meri shaadi kahi sar par chot to nahin aai

Geeta: stupid abhi nahin baad mein jab hum Degree shegree le lenge tab… teri Beeji ne kaha hai main agar achche se padai karongi to tujse shaadi kar sakti hoan.

Manjeet: Geeta are u out of your mind. Why will I marry you? All right I like you are nice but u are too small just 5 ans I am 12 … 7yrs your senior… paagal… kher chod yeh idea tujhe ayaa kaha se.. waise tell you one thing I don't like your name GEETA sounds like one is referring to Bhagh vat Geeta … too old fashioned

Geeta (irritated): I also don't like your name Manjeet …you know in my class there are 2 Manjeets both girls…. Too girlish a name….

Manjeet is annoyed and walks out of the room

SaJan-SaJan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
yay.. me 1st 2 comment...

lovely update...
geet wants 2 marry maan...😍

Says waise Beeji teri aur meri dono ki teri aur NT ki shaadi ki baat kar rahi thi par maine kaha ki maine tujse shaadi karni hai'

love ds line..
do cont soon.. thnx a lot 4 dpm.. do cont 2 pm me...
Edited by SaJan-SaJan - 13 years ago
smj1977.shruti thumbnail

Part 3

Every thing goes well in the shaadi house Mohinders other brothers also come from Bombay with there families. There are a lot of people and a lot of halla golla .

Even Samiksha's relatives have arrived.

All are in mast mood someone is dressing up someone is in the kitchen someone is in the garden someone is at the Mandap so on and so forth everyone busy ' even kids with their newly made friends.

Meanwhile every one forgets about Geeta's proposal to marry Manjeet' but both the kids have not forgotten

Geeta to herself: I really need to change my name Manjeet is right it is too old fashioned

Manjeet to himself: is my name girlish ' Geeta is right there are many girls with the

same name I should do something ' I should ask her which name will suit me' but she won't talk to me I annoyed her and left her inbetween talks..

Manjeet searches for Dev but Dev is nowhere then he gets hold of  Vikram

Manjeet: chala Vikram mere saath chal'. drags him to find Geeta

Manjeet (here she is): hey Geeta what are you doing here alone on the terrace see Vikram was looking for you

Vikram: I Veerji' (Manjeet pinches him)' ouch'umm.. yes I were looking for you

Geeta ( confused): why? Dassa ki gal hai

Manjeet: bho Geeta 'umm' mmm' you were right it really sounds girlish (continuing his left conversation' Geeta understands) ' um..mm.. do you have any suggestions

Geeta: you were also correct' have any suggestions for me

Vikram: what you both are talking tell me naa or I will leave

They explain him every thing about their names'. 3 of them thinking quite hard'.

Geeta: Manjeet how about MAAN is'nt it a good name

Vikram: then what will happen to Jeet in this name where will it go and from where will we bring A

{Guys don't go berserk look at their ages they are only 5, 9 and 12yrs old}

Geeta: you are right

Manjeet: listen why don't you give an A from your name GEET sounds a lot better and is not mythological also ' what say?

Vikram; ok then I will take the Jeet and call myself VIKRAM JEET.. nice na

3 in unison: DONE!!!

After shaadi was over Archana and Aarohi went with their respective in-laws. They left for Hoshiyaarpur, Bombay etc., respectively.

But the 3 kids remembered their decision and forced their parents to change their names balhaath ke saamane achche nahin tikte.

So now we have Maan, Geet and Vikramjeet.

The family again meets in 1986 for Parineeta's marriage.

Maan is now in 10th std. very busy in studies, hardly gets time for fun during the ceremonies he was either completeing his projects or studying chemistry as his exams are due in 21 days.

Geet sees how studiously he studies and appreciates this. She has almost forgotten that she asked Beeji to get her married to Maan'

but Maan remembers it' he now and then looks at her' but can't understand his feelings' meanwhile Vikramjeet teases him' he enjoys the teasing' but keeps aloof as he knows he has to concentrate in his studies to get a Degree shegree.

do comment and hit the like button if you like it

part 4 scroll down

Edited by smj1977.shruti - 12 years ago