Tomiko thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Sometimes when I'm faced with a blank piece of paper, I just write.

Most of the time, it doesn't make any sense.  More often than I'd like, it turns out to angsty.🤔  I'm not sure what this piece is, but for those of you who do follow my FF Tumhari Meri Baatein, this piece of work helped me to write the next part.

Geet Handa had never claimed to know much.  She certainly didn't have enough knowledge of the big, bad city of Delhi where she had resided for the past 4 months.  The dusty streets and honking of speeding traffic still mystified her as much as the alarming reaction she received from the stiff upper lipped whenever she entered a five star establishment.

The numbers on the countless spreadsheets Adi insisted she learn for a project would never make sense to her; neither would Sasha's continuous need to mock her.  But despite it all ' the frustration of not being able to fit in, the inability to throw together a party Maan sir would appreciate, and the plain torture that was Adi's finance lectures; despite all of that Geet could say that there was one thing she knew with absolute certainty.

She was totally, inexorably, stupidly in love with Maan Singh Khurana.

She couldn't truly say when it had all started.  When he'd grasped her arm and pulled her from the lake, gasping and screaming?

When he'd shielded her from Brij's sword?

The moment that she'd turned into his embrace as the rain brought with it a tide of painful memories?

Whenever it was, the realisation had come in one startling moment of clarity and for Geet; her life had seemed to have turned on its head.  She suddenly found herself more ... attuned to whenever he was around, as if there was an invisible string tugging at her insistently until she found herself being yanked to his side, stumbling over her own words and shifting uncomfortably as the heat bloomed in her cheeks.

Now she maybe Miss Hoshiarpur, but Geet wasn't stupid.  She's caught his unwavering gaze on more than one occasion, noticed the furrow of his brow whenever he stopped himself from showing concern for her.  And surely no other girl had managed to ignite such a rollercoaster of emotions from him; one moment he would be going for her throat and the next he'd be brushing away tears.  Was this ... something?

She didn't know.  But in more fanciful moments she found herself imagining what it would be like if she told him the truth ' about Dev, her pregnancy, her feelings.  And she knew that he would be there, the warmth of him right behind her, as he helped her to face the world.

Because despite his warning glares and his cruel words, she knew it would always be Maan who would be there to stand by her.  And so as she clutched the glossy pictures of prospective brides in her hand and sidled up to Maan, she told herself that now, today, this very moment, she'd tell Maan Singh Khurana that he was responsible for her restless nights and tongue-tied stammers.

But then he glanced up as he heard her approach in that instant their eyes met, reality came crashing down around her.

She'd once convinced herself in love, and yet she'd only be burned.  Who was to say that this time, at this moment, with this man, it would be anything different?

And so she simply placed the envelope in his outstretched hand and turned away quietly.

Because if he let her down, just like Dev, who would be there to catch her when she fell?

Edited by Tomiko - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AWWWWWWWW that was by far beautiful, and hopefully ur hinting at an update soon for ur ff . . .  PWEEEZ? I loved it, it was sooo Geet. Ending was kind of sad, yet I get it.
Tomiko thumbnail

Aww, thankies for the fast reply!🤗

And yes, FF is updated!😆
-Urvi- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
That is so beautiful! But I can almost imagine Geet thinking all these things. And when I read the last sentence, I felt a pang of hurt in me.. FOR Geet.

Thank you for this. You've written fantastically 😊
awarapan. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This was really beautiful!

I loved the way you captured the readers attention within the first paragraph, and had such detailed images! I loved the whole scenario going on, and I definitely enjoyed the OS thoroughly!

Great writing hun, I shall be on the look out for more! Beautiful writing.
<33.
Rolzz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Geet's emotions are sooo well captured!!! 🤗
Jenifer. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Nabz!

That was wow! The ending was perfect, it was so...Geet! She can't afford to tell Maan because she can't afford to crumble again. Sigh.

Anywho, I'm off to read your FF =D
Geez........so much pain in the end. Loved it! Absolutely!
-honeydew- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
awww.... this is so beautiful.. the last line especially... it got me all emotional and heavy hearted... which brings me to the question... what would Geet to if Maan actually broke her heart...
bluedreamz953 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Who would catch her when she fell?
Reading this made tears spring into my eyes, forcing them to roll down...
Very nice how you tell the story from her perspective