blueangel1308 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Love Story

---------

FF

-----------------------

The characters:

Maan Singh Khurana: Age 24, final year in MBA, eldest son of the Khurana family. Embodiment of "Tall, Dark, and Handsome". Has the philosophy of "If anyone can do it, I can do it better". Intelligent, at the top of the class. Voted Bachelor of the Year three years in running by various magazines. Despite the young age, already handling his father's business and acts as a second father to his younger brothers.

Dev Khurana: Age 22, first year MBA, second son. Embodiment of Playboy. Has only 2 settings - play hard and play harder. Intelligent but lazy. Number One heartbreaker in College.

Vikram Khurana: Age 20, final year BA, baby of the Khurana Family. Lives in his own thoughts, the artist of the family. Brilliant in painting and singing. Has many followers due to boy next door look and artist mystic.

----------

Geet Handa: Age 20, final year BA. Beautiful with innocent looks. Embodiment of a mischievous angel. Has the philosophy of "Don't Worry, Be Happy". Intelligent. Has a huge following at college. Popular but not snobby, she is liked by everyone. Despite the young age and playful nature, is surprisingly mature. The eldest daughter of the Handa Family.

-----------

The Khurana Family

Consists of Dadimaa, Mr. Khurana, Mrs. Khurana, and their 3 sons. Same status and position as in the show. Daadimaa's character is the same. Mr and Mrs Khurana are swett, good-hearted people, and are down to earth despite their wealth and fame. Friends with the Handa's

The Handa Family

Consists of Dadaji, his 2 sons and daughter in laws, his grandson and his wife, 2 granddaughters, two great grand daughters. A family made rich in the Agriculture Business, lives in Delhi. Their mansion is not that far from the Khurana's. The family is traditional with similar personalities as that in the show but much mellowed in case of Dadaji and Brijveer. For Brijveer, the major reason for the change is his sweet wife and 2 daughters. He has become much more lenient with his 2 sisters after his daughters are born and he is quite the doting father.

---------------

Some more background:

No NT and Sameera.

All the Khurana boys and Geet attend the same college. Geet is friends with Vicky and friendly with Dev.

------------------

Geet has had a crush on Maan since she was 16 years old, but the feelings went into the back of her mind (more like a quite but constant running commentary) most of the time because of the in-frequent times which she and Maan meet. She was much apprehensive about going to the same college as Maan, but so far has avoided any embarrassing staring sessions (at least never been caught staring) at Maan. Things have been getting worse for her in her final year because Maan's final class everyday is in the same building and the same hall as her own. She has a hard time escaping his presence going in and out of the classroom, so she prevents direct contact with him or actually even looking at him. Her line of thinking is that as long as I don't look, I wont stare, go red, stammer, or stumble, thus preventing awkward question and answer section with my friends. it's a good thing everyone thinks I am immune to the charms of MSK (oh, the delusions of the innocent), or I will have to leave college and run away to some small town. Thank god, he doesn't know I have fallen for him or he will even stop saying hi occasionally and start avoiding me, like he does with everyone other girl. But, Man why is he looking even hotter these days, or is that just me? Nah, far too many giggling girls. So far the not looking has been going well but that's about to change.

------------------

Maan has always been fascinated by Geet, though can honestly say he never had a crush on her. He admired her kindness and her bubbly nature, also admires her gut because she is one of the few people who can handle him when he is angry (see definitely NOT a crush) . He is reluctantly amazed by the non-stop chatter she can sometimes carry out. They don't meet often but he considers her a friend. Though he is very self aware, he has somehow been oblivious to Geet's crushing up till now. He runs away from proposals because he says he does not believe in that stuff but is actually just waiting for HER, the ONE. He finds HER, in the garden below his balcony with his grandmother and parents, wearing a saree and touching their feet on the occasion of her 20th birthday. Astonished by his new feelings of love, he avoids Geet for a few months, using a business trip as an excuse to leave Delhi (HER) and trying not to hyperventilate in the meantime every time she comes near. Returning from the trip, more tanned and definitely in love, he decides to do what he does best, Plan and Conquer. Step 1, make sure to see her everyday and always look my best. Thus came the classes in the same hall. Of-course, who better to measure up to Maan's planning than his Jaan, who through's a Titanic sized wrench into The Plan by not even looking at him, passing him by everyday amidst her giggling friends. Its kind of hard to get to Step 2 (make her fall in love with me) if she doesn't even look at me. (As mentioned earlier, Maan is totally unaware of the crushing and the corner of the eye staring).

----------------------

Reluctant to let go of their daily amusements in the Maan and Geet show, the matchmakers (aka dev and vicky) finally decide to step in. You see, they, as you and I, were well aware of all the looking, staring, blushing, stammering, hyperventilating behavior since the time it all started. Vicky was in the know because a) he's geet's best friend and b) he knows his bhaia the best. Dev is in the know because a) he used to like Geet but stopped when he noticed her staring at Maan and b) due to the competiton that Maan provides in the ladies department, he always keeps an eye on the "romantic signs" of his bhaia (he would hate to compete and lose, so better to know who Maan's lady love was and STAY AWAY). On that note, both brothers are very happy with the two because according to vicky, his two best friends deserve each other, and for dev, end of competition (plus, they make a good couple). They had thought that Geet and Maan would get together soon after college started, now that they both were on the same page (In Love with each other) but they forgot they were dealing with the Maan Singh Khurana and Ms. Geet Handa. Seeing the increasing number of angry tantrums (oops, I mean, manly displays of anger) from their brother and the long sigh filled speeches from Geet, they finally agreed to step in, even at the cost of their amusement.

------------

Cupid Steps:

The plan was simple, make Maan realize that Geet was looking and had been for a while. All they had to do was make him aware of her feelings and he would take care of the rest, yes, yes kind of lazy, but hey cupid just shoots the arrow, too. The tricky part of the plan was to bring the awareness in a slow and subtle way, because abrupt movement could be cause of failure. Now to trick Maan into something was like trying to pull teeth from a sleeping tiger, dangerous and potentially lethal but they finally made a plan. As Maan was passing by Vickies room one night, yes they had been stalking him to figure out his routine, he overhears them talking about Geet and how she was in love (He definetly stops and puts his ears to the door), Vicky goes on to complain about how she is always giving speeches and coming up plans to avoid someone during her last class. Astonished to hear this, and already making plans to destroy whoever this dude was, Maan listens on in the conversation. Dev, gives his agreement, and lightly louder says she was also asking me how did I avoid all my girlfriends running into each other, apparently she runs into this guy in the hall of her last class. Having planted the seed into Maan's head they move away from that topic. Knowing how concerned (Possessive) Maan would be, they knew he would find way to know who this guy was that was disturbing geet and have a 'talk" with him. Maan, according to plan, starts making strategies to find out who the person was (assess the competition).

-------------

Maan's Strategy:

He knew that the only group of boys even remotely close to geet's class was him and his friends. Huuum, better to lose a friend then her, I guess. He decides to stay away from the group the following day and observe them from a distance to see which one she looks at. So, the next day he stands inside the opposite corner of the hall to see which one was going to suffer (I mean, get talked to). On time, he takes position and waits for his Jaan his arrive.

As per usual, she is looking at her friends and trying to avoid to looking at HIM, but today seems a little different'..ok, lets see group of boys ahead (check), this is the right hallway (check), I have the usual crowd around me (check), the giggling should start any moment..in.. 1.2.3.'.3, no giggling, how is that possible, they always do the giggling and eye lash batting at Maan. Ok, so group of boys (check), Maan (not there), what'he never misses a class, how come he's not here, I mean that his routine, come to hall, hang out with friends, go to class..oh my god, something must have happened..let me call vicky.

As he is hiding and looking at his pari walking towards the class (yes, temporarily forgetting the mission, but that's expected) he sees her looking at his group out of the corner of her eye and turning back to her group. Suddenly her gaze turns to the group again and he sees her desperately looking for someone, so lets see, who is not here today in the group'abhi (here), sunny (here), yash (here), manav (here)'so no is missing but she is not looking at them'so what am I missing? (yes, he's that dense). I wish she would look at me that way, look for me that desperately and lovingly, maybe I should not interfere'.no, no, I have to see who this guy is'wait who is she talking to'.him?'.no doesn't seem like it. She hangs up and dials someone else. He continues to stare at her. Must really love him if she's missing class'he's broken out of his thoughts by the sudden ringing of his phone'he shout's 'what''bhai, its me'geet keeps on calling me asking where you are'are you ok'.she's going hysterical, thinks something happened to you'.Maan suddenly has a light bulb moment in the middle of Vickies rant realizing that his Jaan was looking for him, me....she's looking for ME...she is in love with ME. ....bhai..bhai'hello'man this company has bad reception (and hangs up). Still holding the phone open, maan presses against the wall and starts laughing.

Hearing the mirthful sound and realizing the person making it, geet runs towards the place its coming from. There she sees a dazed maan (yes he finally stopped laughing), sitting on the floor clutching his open phone. Crouching down she takes the phone and closes it shut. Maan'Maan'MAAN'what has happened to him? Reluctantly she pulls his arm. At feeling her touch he snaps out of his happy daze and starts staring at her. Still thinking that something was wrong and not seeing his expression when he was staring at her (oh, the many perils of not looking into MSK's eyes) she tries to pull him up, only to be pulled down and stumbling into his lap. Blushing (and yes still avoiding his eyes) she tries to get up and this time finally looks up at being deliberately pulled down. Seeing his intense eyes, she goes red, starts stammering, finally just loosens her hold on him and makes a run for it. There Maan sits for a few more minutes before deciding to go home, since sitting in class would not make a difference in his current state. The cupids are happy to see their plan work when they stumble upon maan listening to romantic kishore kumar numbers and smiling for no particular reason.

-------------

The Conclusion:

Maan and Geet are in love, they desperately need to tell each other that, figure out a way to stop stammering and being dazed around each other, gather the courage to asks their families permission (though they don't have to worry on this part, they already have the invitations ready) and live happily ever after.

---------------------

Part 1 - page 1

Part 2 - page 2

Part 3 - page 4

Part 4 - page 8

Part 5 - page 14

Part 6 -page 18

Edited by blueangel13 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bluedreamz953 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
wow..i am in adaze
love how you show the different people's perspective
love your stlye of writing
thanks for sharing...
please continue the tory from here...
if you are going to please add me to the pm list
i really love it...
Poli.Geek thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Amazing, this would actually make a great young romantic movie. Funny how Maan is one running after Geet.

Enjoy it a lot.Edited by Poli.Geek - 13 years ago
aamirkhanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
this was mindblowing.........loved maan's actions and reactions
tanya_vi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
would love to read another OS from where you stopped.....pleeeaasee😳
Antares thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
That was superb! Loved they way you wrote......it's great! Both in love........awesome! Please continue this.....and PM me too.
blueangel1308 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Thank you to all the people who have responded so far, its really good encouragement to write another os continuing from where I left off. 😊 Edited by blueangel13 - 13 years ago
Sonali92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
amazing amazing not only the story... ur writibg style too... it was tooooo good.... thx
sweet cherry thumbnail
wooooow that was amazing
it was awsome
anufa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
loved iT!!!

u shuld continuE!!!!