Tomorrow's yesterday-(OS): part 2, pg6, 31 Jul

-Sookie- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Tomorrow's yesterday

Words can mean a million things. They can scorn and hurt; hurt you so deeply that they constantly remind you of everything your not and everything you want to be. Other words can mean everything; make you feel that everything in life is great. Some words can hold the keys to your heart. Three little words making you understand everything. The same three little words uttered by me, to him on a regular basis. How do you fall in love, Riddhima, you had asked me one day. From that day, I have been searching for an answer, from reflections of other people's lives, from books, stories and even from you. You always realized when I asked you this question subtly so that I can come up with an answer but somehow you always caught me in my own silly little game. In those times I was torn between kissing your dimples and poking your eye.
Everyone tells us that we are a pair of complete opposites. Armaan how is that, a pair of opposites can exists so synchronously in nature? They are always attracted to each other. Isn't that what everyone says? I understand the nature of opposite co-exists, but never at the same time. They always come one after the other, but never together. Even if they do manage to exist independently, they never reached a point after a threshold was reached. Night always follows the day. It's the rule of nature to not have opposites exist at a given point of time. Even two chemicals that attract each other, like acid and alkali, cannot exist with each other. In that moment I was gutting out all my insecurities that I could possibly think of from our togetherness.
"We are complete opposites, but we are not mutually exclusive. We make a set of complete opposites; a set where one element cannot exist meaningfully without the other", you had replied not looking up from the comic book you were reading. When you had looked up to see my face, I could see a crazy calmness behind you eyes.
"Day and night co-exists during dawn and dusk. When two opposites meet, a miracle is created." I had initiated a hug that had lasted for exactly seventeen minutes that day. I had ignored his perplexed look once my heart had started to calm down. When two opposite chemicals are mixed, there is heat, there is light, there are fireworks and then there is a new identity of the fresh product; all original ingredients would have come together, sacrificing their individuality to create something new; like salt or like dawn or like dusk or like horizon or like a dream or a lot like love or something like us. A small miracle.
Armaan, I think I finally have an answer for you, you know for the one that you asked me about how I fall in love. Well, here it is. Love has eyes like mid-summer sky that seem to pierce through a mask of fantasy. Love has dimples on the chin where I can take a dip on a hot summer day. Love smells like earth after first monsoon rains. Love has fingers that heal the wounds of the heart and bring life to the flesh of the dead. Love has a smile of a thousand watt. Love is always unexpected yet strangely familiar. Love has a name. That name is Armaan. It may seem silly to you, but to me it is true. You are like an epiphany that my existence was waiting for; you are like the last clue to the puzzle that has been put in its place and suddenly my life is having a new meaning and I have finally come to realize that the world is something more then a place to be. It's a place to live.
Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow will be here. Today is a miracle.

Sookie
Edited by -Sookie- - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ScatteredCastle thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
reserved.. Yay me first!! :D

edit

Superb. I like it alot. This goes down into my favourites. It is a beautiful creation Sookster, I am seriously blown away. Masterpeice. It was short, but it still managed to calm me down... You know, I have a bunch stuff left un-read, some updates from last week, but still my heart opted for it. The title itself is amazing, reminds me of a episode from Star-Trek, season one. Dunno what inspired you... :P

The paragraph before the last one, about love... left me speechless. It was B E A ... beautiful. I have no other words to define it.  

I liked the chemistry in between; the way you developed connection between the chemicals and the character was nice. I could never have imagined 'salt' as 'dawn' or 'dusk' or 'love' or 'them'. *Narrows eyes* It was fun to read.

Umm... somebody's seems to be impressed by Maan and Geet a lot. Please, come-back to AR!

Cheers!!

Edited by Angel-Pebby - 13 years ago
RadiantTreasure thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Hey sookie*
Its beautiful dear..and fits ManEet well..
I loved these lines..
"Day and night co-exists during dawn and dusk. When two opposites meet, a miracle is created."
Love has a name. And that name is Maan. 😳
Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow will be here. Today is a miracle.😊

Hmm..did i read this before with AR?Or no?
Anyways waiting for another one u mentioned as its companion piece.. πŸ˜ƒ
Good wishes..
Sri:-)Edited by sri_4 - 13 years ago
-afsha- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Hey awesumly written

Jus loved the way u descibe the love

Escapist thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
res 😊
*edited*

hey sookie,

well first off...this was an unusual story !
the way u described the amalgamation of nature and the symbiotic nature tht exists...
wow tht was wonderful !
I loved it....

and it was indeed true tht words sooth cajole and entice yet at times they leave you wounded...
the whole story sort of calmed me down ....it was so alluring !
yet Blah Blah Woof Woof.....remains my fav when it comes to short stories !
it sort of captivates me in such a manner that i'm left spellbound !
Can relate to it more easily than i can do with other short stories of urs 😊
Nevertheless this too is a good work of art !

I guess geet/maan are your current fancy :)
the lines i loved d most....", sacrificing their individuality to create something new; like salt or like dawn or like dusk or like horizon or like a dream or a lot like love or something like us.
A small miracle." ...."Love has a name. And that name is Maan. "

do write more !

tc
fatimaEdited by -shabnoor- - 13 years ago
Anjali-K thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Great one shot!πŸ‘πŸΌ Beautifully written and absolutely enticing!πŸ‘πŸ‘

I really am left speechless, don't know how to express how good that was.😳

I love how you described love and then how you developed connection betweeen chemicals and related it to the characters😊.

Can't wait to read the companion piece, do continue soon.

Anjali

Edited by *angel94* - 13 years ago
her_story thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
i dont have much words...Amazing!!!Beautiful!!!
rusha4003 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome Sookie as usual  !!..... do give us the companion piece also ......

Sofna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
OMG..U are such an Amaaazin writer.........!!!!!..........i loooooooooooooooove this type of writin......!!!.......Plz Plz cont!!!!
nehaahmad thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
love it!!!!!!!!!!!! absolutely soulful and beautiful