A fan's imagination- Geet's pregnancy revelation

Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

As of now, Maaneet's story is progressing well and we are having a lot of romance and comedy in their scenes but the story is much more serious than just an everyday office romance. Here is an eighteen year old single mom-to-be, trying to make a living for herself and her baby without any family support. She has suffered betrayal and attempted honour killing by her own family members and has stood up for herself so far, although Maan's hand in making her what she is today cannot be denied. But both of them still do not know a couple of important things about each other.

She does not know that he is the brother of the man who duped her into a marriage, which did not last very long but has given a burden of proof she cannot deny.

He does not know she was once 'married', even if it was all staged, and that too to his own brother.   

Well both these truths cannot be hidden for long.  Her pregnancy will come to light when her body undergoes changes.  His relationship to the man she was 'married' to would come out if she continues to work with him and ends up seeing the two of them together.

Now how the CVs are going to sequence these events I have no idea, but this is something which I imagined.

Maan and Geet are forced to go out of town on a business visit.  As they have a strict deadline to meet, they work non-stop. Geet gets overworked, she faints from exhaustion and Maan carries her to the hospital.  There the doctor examines her and tells Maan not to worry. His 'wife' is alright but she should eat well and take appropriate rest as she is pregnant.  While Maan listens shocked to this piece of news, Geet tries to correct the doctor's misconception about Maan's status in her life, that he is not her husband.

Before she could utter a word though, Maan stalls her and thanks the doctor. He assures that he will take good care of Geet and they leave. Once they are back in the car, a furious and jealous Maan blasts Geet for not telling him that she was pregnant. He also makes loose remarks about her character, saying that he never would have thought a small town girl would get knocked up before marriage and no wonder her family wanted to finish her off.  

Geet is hurt by the insults Maan hurls at her and after silently weeping for some time, snaps out and retaliates. She warns him her personal life is none of his business and he has no right to demand an explanation as to why she 'hid' the fact of her pregnancy. Her baby was her business and no one else's. If he had a problem with her job he can haul her up but he cannot pass judgement about her character as he was merely her boss and not her husband or lover. 

Maan is shocked into silence but then recovers to say that her pregnancy does indeed matter to the job for she will go on maternity leave for three months and he will be left in the lurch without a secretary during that period. Had he known she was pregnant, he would not have hired her in the first place because he cannot get a substitute only for three months.  Geet is stunned to hear this and says that she will not go on leave but will resign prior to the delivery so that he can go ahead and find a full time secretary and not just a leave substitute.  Maan realises he went too far and does not carry the argument further. They reach Geet's house where he drops her off.

That whole night Maan and Geet are unable to sleep. While Maan feels bad for yelling at Geet, Geet feels let down by Maan's harsh words.

The next morning Maan apologises to Geet and assures that he will treat her with respect. There was no need for her to quit before her delivery. He will keep her job waiting for her after she gets back.  Although they make up, there is an uneasiness that sets in. Maan is now determined to find the missing 'dad' so that Geet is not forced to remain a single mom.  A part of him, however, does not want any other man in Geet's life as he madly loves her, pregnancy notwithstading. Geet is conscious of the fact that Maan knows about part of her past. She tries to be as professional as possible without letting any other distraction come in the way.

Maan comes to know of Geet's past in Hoshiarpur:

Edited by Opti - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bDgT thumbnail
Opti, darlin' you did a great job. Waiting for the next part
desigirl_18 thumbnail
OMG this is sooo good, it should happen like this and i can imagine it happening so, awesome job..waiting for more!!!
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: bridgette

Opti, darlin' you did a great job. Waiting for the next part

Thanks Bridgette.
Opti thumbnail

Originally posted by: desigirl_18

OMG this is sooo good, it should happen like this and i can imagine it happening so, awesome job..waiting for more!!!

Thanks Desigirl. Dont know how the CVs will handle it but I dont want them to be flippant about such a sensitive issue.  I do hope they stop showing Geet tripping and falling repeatedly.  It seems as though they have slective amnesia when it comes to Geet's pregnancy. 

By the way I want Geet's baby to be born and he should be a splitting image of Maan.  Babies often take after their aunts and uncles, I'm told. Should happen in Geet's baby's case too.  
desigirl_18 thumbnail
OMG the baby like Maan😍😍, phir toh office wale pakka samjhay gay ke it's Maan's babyπŸ˜†, no just kidding!!

But yea agree with u about that whole falling bit, it is just confusing everybody and not very logical, plus she is looking too skinny as well, i mean maybe they should make her start wearing some looser clothes or something, idk...

u can call me Fatima
cacoethes thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
this would be great if it actually happened
cooldude10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i HOPE it goes like this 😊 wonderful job πŸ˜ƒ
Sadie.Saxton thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3