~Rinki~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Hey guys, this is my first shot being posted in this forum. I have written in other places but this is a first for Maneet. I hope you all enjoy, it's just an idea that came to me a while ago and this was the final product after three hours of writing. :) Do let me know how you felt about this. Personally, i found it lacking because it is just a One Shot, so I couldn't go in complete depth and its almost four in the morning here so I'm going to get off the computer. πŸ˜† Feedback is always welcomed and needed. Click the like button if you liked and please do comment. -- Rinki

The Truth

"And have it typed quickly Geet, I want to send this to the Khanna Corp before he leaves his office," Maan Singh Khurana ordered his secretary. She nodded with a bright smile and stood to leave, tossing her dupatta behind her. Her payals sounded a sweet melody with her chudiyan that mesmerized Maan and his eyes closed as he listened to the song.
"Uff," she whispered as she found herself gripping tightly to her quickly falling dupatta, turning slightly she noticed the edge was stuck to the chair she had just exited.
Maan opened his eyes at the sound and held in a smirk at the sight of his petite secretary glaring daggers at her unyielding dupatta.
'So much like a movie, this scene that is,' he thought to himself as he stood and walked around the desk to stop before the chair.
Without removing his smoldering gaze from her face, he pulled at the fabric, detaching it from the chair easily. Geet turned to face him fully as he took the two long steps till he was standing before her, her flimsy red dupatta in his hand.
Is pal main hoon, ya tum bhi ho
Ya dono hoke bhi na hain
Kyun ho, kya ho
Ho bhi ki na ho
Ya kehna, sunna manna hai

Her wide eyes trailed over his face, taking in the deep black eyes that held her in a daze, the features that named him DD by the young girls working in the office. He was attractive; she knew that since the first moment their paths had crossed. Although at that moment, she had been more interested in being saved than admiring the looks of the man she had bumped into. After that meeting, she had recalled the features of the man that had inevitably saved her and had decided that he was indeed an attractive man. The thought had disappeared from her mind as she began to think about her next step regarding her situation.
Coming out of her thoughts she wondered what he was thinking as her hand reached for her dupatta held hostage by him. He blinked and allowed her to pull the fabric from his lax grip, feeling the softness trail across the calloused hand. Mentally berating himself for falling in deep thoughts about the young woman before him, he stepped back slightly to allow more room between them.
"Uhm, thank you," she spoke softly placing the dupatta in its right spot over her shoulder.
He nodded rigidly, "You're welcome."
She glanced at the notepad in her hand, the dictation she needed to type standing out in its black ink against the paper.
"I should go. Type the dictation," she bit her lip. Why did she not want to move from this spot?
He frowned. Why was he still experiencing the heat coming off of her in waves when he was further away from her?
"Yes, you should."
He didn't want her to go though. Why didn't he?
'Ugh, stupid emotions. Why do I want this girl to stay here? I need a break, that's what I need. Sleepless nights and work is getting to me and making me act like an idiot, that's it,' he convinced himself.
She watched interestingly at the emotions in his eyes, one minute he seemed confused and the next he was back to being the solid, emotionless MSK. He blinked again and noticed her gaze, a scowl from him made her turn her eyes to the ground. At least he could still scare her with that, he mentally grinned at her reaction.
His eyes rose from her frame and trailed over to the open door where the form of his brother soon entered. The younger man was smirking at him, his eyes looking at the back of the girl to Maan's face with a brow raised. Maan glared at his brother and sighed, knowing this was the moment the man would get to meet his secretary, the woman who had supposedly changed him.
"Don't stand there like an idiot, come in already," he ordered his brother who moved quickly into the room. Geet straightened at the sound of the footsteps echoing in the silent room, she should leave her boss' office. Her stomach was going around in flips and she suddenly felt suffocated, as if the other presence was a bad influence.
"This is my secretary, Geet."
He stared curiously as his brother's eyes widened. Hmm, interesting reaction to just a name.
"Geet this is my brother, Dev."
The girl raised her eyes to stare in shock at her boss who raised an eyebrow at the similar reaction between the two. She turned around slowly, her heart thudding painfully against her ribcage. Her dry mouth opened and closed as her eyes connected with those of her husband, the man that had destroyed her dreams.
"Gee-geet, what are you doing here?" Dev questioned in outrage. What was this village girl doing in the city and that too as his brother's secretary?
She swallowed harshly, feeling as if rocks edges were jagging at the tender tissue. Maan stepped closer to her, her shoulder lightly touching his chest as his eyes glared at his brother. He most certainly didn't like the tone his brother was displaying while speaking to her. How they knew each other though made him tilt his head. The question almost left his mind as Geet leaned backwards against him as if leaning on him for strength and help.
"You two know each other?" Maan asked. His suspicions arose as they both froze and seemed to panic. He could tell from the emotions playing across Dev's face that he wasn't happy about this encounter. And Geet's body language just seemed to scream that she wanted to run off, her knuckles had turned white from the strain of how tightly she was gripping the notepad in her hands.
Her past encounters with Dev flashed before her eyes, the first meeting, the shaadi, the laughs, the blushing she had done in his presence. She rested her right hand on her stomach, hid from view by the notepad in her other hand. And how could she ever forget the night she had given herself to him, the night that had gifted yet cursed her with the child in her womb.
Dev stared at his brother, unable to answer the simple yet complex question. They knew each other, yes. But he couldn't answer how which he knew Maan would ask. He was curious at the protective manner his brother had taken behind the girl. What was going on between them?
Her world flashed, her eyes shuttered close as her body tilted to the left and the pad left her grip just as she was caught by Maan before she could hit the ground. The two men stared shocked at the unconscious girl in his arms.
"Call the doctor!" Maan yelled at his brother who jumped out of his thoughts and quickly dialed the family doctor of the Khuranas. The older man picked up Geet bridal style and rested her upon the sofa; he glanced worriedly at her and pushed the loose strands from her face.
</\>

"She's alright Maan, just keep her hydrated and well rested. Especially in her current condition," the doctor smiled at Maan as they conversed softly before the door. Dev had disappeared after calling the doctor and Maan was more worried about Geet than chasing after the man.
"Current condition?" he questioned.
"Yes, her pregnancy of course," Maan's world seemed to come to a harsh halt at the words. Geet was pregnant? Who was the father? Why did he not know about this before? Questions plagued his mind and he vaguely realized the doctor was staring at him with a raised brow.
"Are you alright Maan?" she asked with a curious grin. He nodded rigidly and she smiled briefly before walking out of the office and into the hallway. She wondered what the relationship between the girl and Maan was.
Geet turned her head, her brows furrowed as she mumbled incoherently and fumbled to sit straight. She blinked and wondered how she had ended up on the sofa, glancing upwards she saw Maan watching her with crossed arms. Suddenly what had occurred came to her mind and she looked around for Dev.
"He isn't here," hearing that calmed her and she settled back into the plush sofa.
"Geet," she turned to her boss as he walked closer to her, "What is your relation to Dev?"
She sighed and battled with herself to tell him. He was his brother, how could he have not known about this?
"Dev just came back from Canada to live with me and Dadi again. We didn't have much contact for a while," Maan answered her inner worries without her needing to speak. How he knew, she didn't understand.
Heaving a sigh yet again she began to tell her tale to the man who was her savior from before and now her boss. When she was done, she was staring at a raging man filled with such hatred and anger in his eyes that she pitied the person on the other side of it.
"Maan?" her soft voice brought him back from his world and he uncurled his hands from their vicious clenches.
He pulled out his phone and called Adi to come see him quickly. When the man arrived, he was ordered to take Geet to Maan's condo. The condo was just his and no one except for his close friend, Adi, knew about it. Not even Dadi. He wanted Geet to be somewhere safe and someone trustworthy with her.
"Geet stay with Adi, I'll be there in a while. Get something to eat on the way and rest," he didn't ask. He commanded and the girl was in such emotion turmoil that she didn't dare protest.
The two left silently and Maan quickly gathered his coat and car keys before making his own way out of the building. He couldn't believe his own brother would do such a thing to an innocent girl. All over a stupid piece of land, was money such a huge deal that he couldn't ask his own family for help? He chose to destroy the life of a simply girl and his sins would not go ignored.
Coming to a screeching halt before the house, Maan glanced at Dev's parked car and took two steps at once to push open the door.
"DEV!" the yell stopped everyone and they all faced the young angry man. Dev gulped at the rage on his brother's face. He was sure to get killed today.
"How could you?" Maan asked in a controlled tone, veins appearing on the sides of his temple as he held in the anger for a while longer.
"Bhaiya," Dev was stopped as Maan raised a hand to halt him. Narrowed eyes glared sharp daggers at him.
"Do NOT call me your brother, you disgust me. You are horrible. How could you destroy her life? What had she done to deserve to be deserted in such a cruel manner?"
Dadi watched with furrowed brows as her two grandsons faced off. The questions being asked were making her worry all the more, what had Dev done now?
"You used her to get property and money. You used her Dev. Have you forgotten how you were raised? You treat women with respect and dignity. You do not marry them under false promises, use them and leave them pregnant."
"Geet's pregnant?!" Dev burst. He was ignored as Maan continued his tirade.
"You are not fit to be a Khurana. Get out of this house. You are completely disowned from this family; all ties will be cut off. You will not receive a penny of our money."
Dadi understood what was happening now and when Dev turned pleading eyes to her, she stepped up and slapped him across the face.
"You heard Maan. Leave now," her voice was cold and detached.
Dev took heavy steps across the room, followed by his wife. As the door shut behind them, they found themselves regretting their doings for the first time. What they would not have done to turn back time and make up for it. But time was just that, a funny thing that could not be turned back and made you regret your past mistakes.
--

That's it. :) Hope you enjoyed or at least liked it a little bit. πŸ˜† Please do leave feedback. Oh and this hasn't been beta-ed so ignore any mistakes you might see. :)
Ciao,
-Rinki
Edited by ~Rinki~ - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sofna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Tomiko thumbnail

Posted in the Media Centre!πŸ˜›

indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
mineeeee *preens* to be edited in 6 ish hours 😳

so it's been like 14 hours *erm* but you still love me and my stalking skills do you not? πŸ˜‰ 😎

So you're making me like Maan with all the scenes/mixes you're making me see *shakes head* do you WANT me to love another show? If you do *hmph* too bad πŸ˜› I shall stay happy in hopefully reading more OS's? πŸ˜›πŸ˜‰ *hint hinttt*

The whole describing the way Geet left his office, with her payals, and dupatta, perfectoo! πŸ˜ƒ I wish I could describe things half as good as you *pouts* boo youuuπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ 🀣 (Can you tell I've just always wanted to use that? πŸ˜› *erm* and dude Maan saying how much like a scene from a movie it is πŸ˜† had me laughing, he seems like an awesome characterrr πŸ˜ƒ

The songgg ☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️ I loves it, can you tell? πŸ˜› But dudeee the smoldering gazeee, had me fanning myself 😳  and teeehee, I love how neither one of them wanted to move, she didn't wanna go and he didn't wanna let her go πŸ˜› It was like giggle-worthy (yesh it's something I'd say 😊)

Ahh so Dev's in here too? *ahem* He's the jerk guy right? I lovee lovee the way you described the whole bit with Dev and Geet recognizing each other 😲 The whole eye widening and all was perfectly written! πŸ˜ƒ

Eeee but my fav part so far was the way you described Maan reacting to Dev's tone of voice and how he's standing like directly behind Geet *swoons* sounded damn smexyy 😳  Stupid Dev *mutters* He kinda annoys me already *hmph* And seriously poor Geet having to relieve all those horrible horrible memories πŸ˜”

She fainted! 😲 😲 Poor Geet, but oohhh Maan for picking her up all bridal style *giggles* Why am I reading this and giggling *shakes head* shame on you Rubiii πŸ˜› Stupid Dev *glares*

whoa. idk if that's the best way to find out she's pregnanttt *winces* ab kya hogaaa? Dudeee, I think that part of her telling everything to Maan and him answering her questions in detail without her actually saying it, showed their connection even more, and that made it moreee πŸ˜ƒ

*sighs* Okay so honestly maybe it's just old memories blooding back or something *ahem* but the whole Maan beating up that...that....(I can't say the word *grins*) Totally reminded me of Prem with Manmeet *ahem* 😳 I know it's strange, but it did, all protective and *giggles* 😳 πŸ˜ƒ Anyways back to the current story at hand *puts on glasses*

Your end however *glares* I've got some problems with. why was it not all geet and maan being in his farmhousey place together, not lovey dovey but still *giggles* would've made it all 😳😳 Okay so you know I'm kidding πŸ˜ƒ I loved it and it's been so long since you've written a one shottt and actually posted it! πŸ˜ƒ

rubi, i loveddd itt 😳 and i'm super super glad you wrote after a long long timmmee πŸ˜ƒ

Love you,

Mee
Edited by indiandoll89 - 13 years ago
-Zoya- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Nice Os dear
Loved it

Take Care
Zoya
shalini_s thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
nice OS.. loved the way Maan stood with Geet and not Dev
pickachu thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Loveeee ur os.It is very nice.I really like the way how maan stood for geet.

fatima
-afsha- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hi I really wish this happens in serial also yaar
Loved it
Write sum more plzzzzzzzzz
~Rinki~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thank you to those who "Liked" it. :)

@ Sofna- 😳 Thanks dear.

@ Tomiko- Thank you very much. πŸ˜†

@ Mee- I'm still waiting, patiently. 😲 be proud. πŸ˜†

@ rushtrip- Thanks! :)

@ zoya- Thank you. Take care as well. :)

@ shalini_s- Thank you. :) Well i wanted to go into a scene where he beats Dev up and then moments between Geet and Maan but its an OS, i always go overboard. πŸ˜† maybe some other time.

@ fatima- Thanks. I'm glad you liked it. :)

@ -afsha- Thank you. Haha, I would just love to see Dev getting yelled at by Maan. 😍 I mean, how hot would that be? πŸ˜† I will write more for sure, let's see what comes to mind next. :)

- Rinki
indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
editeddd☺️Edited by indiandoll89 - 13 years ago