Short Story -Falling in Love -Maan & Abs! upd 9/23

-RushTrip- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
This is especially for Abs...who wants to fall in love or feel what it would be like to fall in love...
hey but is a love story essentially...so feel free to give inputs...on what abs should do with Mann...

The Story is Falling in Love (is hard on the knees)....inspired by Abs...based on song by Aerosmith (title only) for our tough nuts Maan and Abs

Introduction

Maan...

Good looking (of course he has to be for Abs), Rich man of say 26 years with family business to handle. Tall dark and groovy handsome is a self proclaimed woman hater (obviously there is a mystery to this which Abs will unfold) who thinks women cannot do anything independently. Mann is a IT development firms

Abs
A software engineer works in Mann's company as VP Project Management for PHP, DotNet and Java platform based development. She is single, beautiful, career minded girl who does not let gender come in the way of her success. Has handled projects for a multinational before this and is a new employee here who reports to President - Project Management who happens to be Mann's Brother and no he is not Dev but Vicky.

other casts
Sasha - VP - PHP project managment reports to Abs now...she has worked here for 5 years
Tasha - VP - DotNet project management reports to Abs now...is happy with a new entrant even tho she thot it would be Sasha who will be promoted..( sasha of course does not like her position being what it is right now)
Adi - VP Java platform - instrumental in bringing Abs as he knew her from college

we shall leave the rest..they are incidental..

Mann has been informed by Vicky that a new VP has been hired as he has to go to France to take care of a project where some onsite trouble shooting requires his attention.
Mann asks who is it?
Vicky  A Verma. Very capable with a fantastic track and proven work record. has handled onsite and offsite projects and is an expert trouble shooter in DotNet
Mann - so why no send Verma to France
Vicky - the client wants me to renegotiate certain contract details. I will be back in 3 weeks in the mean time you will have to hand hold Verma through the new bid we have made for Digital Pen project on DotNet with Avery.
Mann kya naam bola Verma..theek hai...
Vicky says.. haan Bhai Saab. i am leaving tonight isiliye aapko brief kar raha hoon. Verma joined a week back and has taken in everything about the project however some finer details you will have help.
Mann - Fine now stop teaching me how to do my job...and get out of here..with a half smile

chapter 1 pg 1
chapter 2 pg 2
chapter 3 pg 2
chapter 4 pg 3
chapter 5 pg 3 & 4
chapter 6 pg 4
chapter 7 pg 7
chapter 8 pg 8
chapter 9 pg 9
chapter 10
chapter 11 pg 12...final chapter...

Edited by rushtrip - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-RushTrip- thumbnail

Chapter 1

Abs Cabin

Vicky enters Abs cabin after a perfunctory knock and says

Hi! Just wanted to give you a heads up on the project I talked about yesterday. I know you have all the details however if you need anything you will have to talk to Mann my brother as I have to go to France tonight. I will be back in 3 weeks and I hope you wont have much trouble dealing with him. He can be a bit of a trouble to handle.

Abs

Hi Vicky! Sure I don't think I need anything for now..and I am sure I can handle this one'some of the things are a bit new for me but not anything I cant handle. What does Mann do anyway? He is the CEO right?

Vicky: yep. But he is the boss in every sense of the word. You will find out yourself anyway. Just don't cross him is my simple advise

Abs :why would I do that? I know my job.

Vicky: okay (putting his hands up in the air) just don't tell me I didn't warn you.

Abs: Warn me (frowning). Oh come on! He is your brother right..how difficult can he be.

Vicky shakes his head and laughs

Phone rings on Abs desk. She picks up and say hello: Mann's secretary says Maam, Mann Sir is calling Vicky Sir in his cabin.

Abs to Vicky: Mann has called you!

Vicky gets up waves his hand to Abs shakes his head as if to say Mann Bhai Saab bhi and leaves

Abs thinks why did Vicky say such things about Mann and then brushes the thot away'whatever!

Hot_Indo_Chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Nice Vrushali!!!

BTW I know French too!😆😆😆

And Maan doesn't know I'm a girl? Oh that would be fun!

I had a colleague on my team once in university who hadn't met me, and was telling the others "Thank god there's no girl. Where's Abs. He organized everything so well."

And one of the other members pointed at me as I was coming-"That's her". The guy's expression were priceless!

And you can imagine what a jerk I was after wards I was the project co-ordinator on that team being the senior most student!!!!😆
😆Edited by averma4583 - 13 years ago
-RushTrip- thumbnail

Originally posted by: averma4583

Nice Vrushali!!!

I had a colleague on my team once in university who hadn't met me, and was telling the others "Thank god there's no girl. Where's Abs. He organized everything so well."

And one of the other members pointed at me as I was coming-"That's her". The guy's expression were priceless!

And you can imagine what a jerk I was after wards I was the project co-ordinator on that team being the senior most student!!!!😆
😆

so far so good... will incorporate...your inputs as well..and well..you stole my thunder...or dayum...was i that predictable?
Hot_Indo_Chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: rushtrip

so far so good... will incorporate...your inputs as well..and well..you stole my thunder...or dayum...was i that predictable?

Well no! I just remmebered that incident because Maan only knows  A Verma!

I added some info on myself on your Maaneet Dance M& B thread as well!
-RushTrip- thumbnail

Well no! I just remmebered that incident because Maan only knows  A Verma!

I added some info on myself on your Maaneet Dance M& B thread as well!

truth be told...i also only know A Verma...and i shall keep it at that...i will build the story around abs...so no..explanation about..the A... it is just A...Verma...as far as i am concerned...
--Nargis-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Nice Vrushali!!!

😆

Abs...I know this feeling....I too work in IT...I an a Senior Manager in e-Commerce for a Fortune 50 company here.   I am the Business lead for many multi-million dollar projects...and usually work with many different people mostly in virtual meeting rooms.....as many employees are based all around the world.   Its hard to determine the sex of the person via emails.....till you hear them on a call.....boy do I have some stories !!!!😆
😆
--Nargis-- thumbnail

Originally posted by: rushtrip

truth be told...i also only know A Verma...and i shall keep it at that...i will build the story around abs...so no..explanation about..the A... it is just A...Verma...as far as i am concerned...
[/QUOTE]

Vrushali...I am looking forward to the mystery unfolding!!!
😆

-RushTrip- thumbnail

Chapter 2

Abs in a flashback

She has recently moved to India, Delhi to be precise and loves every moment of it. Till recently i.e. a month back, when she accepted this job ( due to certain reasons back home) she had fantasized about her roots and India. She had been told wild stories about India its culture, her grandmom always told her some hilarious stories about elephants and rickshaws, thelewala and CP and haggling in local markets. Of snake charmers and simple people.

Today she finds certain things are the same and other not like how her granny said'India has changed too'and so has her life..

Abs still wonders why did they pass me over'? Because I am of Indian or because I am a woman. Especially in a company which prides itself on equality of races and sexes..this was a blow. To top it off the rumor mills doing round of her and Jonathan were the absolute pits. How could they think that?

And then out of the blue her college mate Adi gets in touch with her on Facebook and talks of the opportunity in his office for a VP level opening. Adi was the sweetest thing in college. A nerd, even if I have to stereotype him but a genius in Java. He could solve any program bugs'bless him, well he solved a tricky situation in Vancouver too. Though the last person to run away from situation, it was easier this time to cut the losses and find a fresh wind for her ambition of heading a company in the land that always held fascination for her. Adi had gotten an interview organized with the President of the Technical Department Vicky Singh Khurana who was an MIT Graduate from boston, in Computer Tech and was in business with his brother Mann Singh Khurana who was the owner and Ceo of KB Technologies Ltd.

Out of reverie now Abs is working steadfastly on the project that is going to use Digital Pen Technology. The project is based on developing software for Opticians to help patients book appointments, get prescription and history about the patient and buy lens/glasses online or in store based on preferences.

This was an exciting project for Abs as she had only seen something in Sweden on this but never worked on this technology even tho the basic platform was DotNet.  She needed some more info on the client and the SRS documents and called Vicky's PA for the papers. She informed her that all paperwork was now with Mann as he was going to look after the project himself along with her.

Oh so it was going to be like this is it' thinks Abs and dials Mann's PA's number.

--Nargis-- thumbnail
Wow...nice...Is Abs calling Maan's PA to setup a meeting......curios to see Maan's reaction....and also see what Abs thinks about the infamous Maan ??