Thodese Alag~AR AK MayUr up:9-12-09 upd

malluangel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 years ago
Ok, so this is my first ff that i stuck with. im wayyyyyyy better at small, short ones, but here is my second attempt *note the word ATTEMPT* after my first one failed so miserably it wasnt even funny.
i will post as much as i can but it wont be as often as i like becuz :

a)im a very lazy person :P
b)school starts again in aug
c)i have major writers block sometimes
d)i may get depressed about the plot and decide that i should have totally done something differently and now nothing can save this ff
e) [yea i kno its a lot] my computer could turn evil and decide to lose all my work
f) my net connection goes evil and decides to dominate my life and scramble all connections to where i can post my story because it hates my story.

the last one is possible... u never know...

Ok so the fanfic is called

Armaan and Rhiddima
(i decided now that there's a reason i used kasu, therefore when you picture AR picture kasu)
Armaan Malik: A 25-year-old doctor at Sanjeevani Medical Institute. Although he graduated with top honors from Sanjeevani medical school, CA he is a player who always has time for parties. His goals in life account to: 1-saving/helping as many people as possible and 2- getting as many chicks as possible. Although his many ex-girlfriends have many, many things to say about him his friends and acquaintances will say he's a sweet, caring, nice, hard-working guy.

Rhiddima Gupta: A 23 year old intern at Sanjeevani she is the perfect example of the modern Indian-American. Born in India but raised in California she's got the right mix of Indian and American culture. A nonstop chatterbox her loves include: her parents, friends, Bollywood, Shahid Kapoor, and trying new things. She's a sweet girl, albeit headstrong and sometimes a hypocrite. She's daddy's little girl out to prove she can survive on her own.

Angad and Kripa

Angad Khanna: A 25-year-old aspiring musician he just recorded his first album, a mix of all genres of music in Hindi and English. Angad was born and brought up in California so he naturally loves everything that goes with it, the sun and the girls. He doesn't keep a single girlfriend for more than a week, giving you the wrong impression, but in reality he's a sweet, caring, self-less guy and a very reliable friends, just not time wise, because he's always late.

Kripa Sharma: 24 year old Kripa is an aspiring fashion designer/model. She is passionate and ambitious; she works for everything she wants. She is co-owner of Lotus Designs and loves to create and model outfits. She often comes on as self-righteous and as a know-it-all who jumps to conclusions but she's caring and wants the best for everyone.

Mayank and Nupur

Mayank Sharma: 21 year old Mayank has had his nose stuck in books throughout his life. Now, he's in college and has a life. His naturally good looks, adorable charm, and dance moves to amount to that of a Bollywood star get him pretty much anything he wants. Although not a jock he's fit, a flirt, and as an added bonus intelligent. Plenty of girls fall in love too bad he's not interested; like his sister he sometimes comes on as self-righteous he's a sweet boy and always does the right thing.

Nupur Khanna: 20 year old Nupur is a chatterbox/film bluff. She's in college and her life currently revolves around herself. She's very bubbly and outgoing; a drama queen she can sometimes get annoying. She has an obsession over Aamir Khan, his film QSQT, and Hindi films in general her dream is to get lost in the jungle with her dream guy. She's a very sweet girl, well meaning, and all-around nice.

PM LIST
Smileyface
ruchimayur
Angad-Kripa#1
sanjana shah

Edited by shahidkaarmaan - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

malluangel thumbnail
Semi Major and Minor Characters

Semi-Major

Atul Joshi: 25; Armaan's cousin and best friend, a sweet and cute guy. He's very helpful but somewhat constantly confused.

Anjali Gupta: 24; Rhiddima's sister who's partners with Kripa. A modern day girl who's independent and a free soul while keeping in touch with her Indian roots.

Abhimanyu Malik: 26; Armaan's older brother, called Abhi by close ones is a senior doctor at Sanjeevani married to but constantly bickering with Armaan's best friend from college.

Nikkita Malik: 24; called Nikki by close ones she's a 2nd year intern at Sanjeevani, married to Abhi, brother of her best friend from college, she's bubbly and outgoing, a free soul she often jumps to conclusions.

Rahul Gerewal-
25; Rahul is a cardiologist. happily married to and fighting with his childhood nemesis with whom he'd fallen in love. he is naturally flirty, like armaan its first natue, this causes many marital spats.

Muskaan Gerewal- 24; Muskaan is an intern at Sanjeevani, she's married to a guy she loves and at the same time equally hates. She's bubbly, enthusiastic, and full of laughs

Minor

Mrs. Gayatri Malik: Armaan and Abhi's mother, a housewife
Mr. Billy Malik: an anesthesiologist and Armaan and Abhi's dad
Gauri Sharma: Kripa and Mayank's mom, a widow and single mother, a gynecologist at Sanjeevani
Dilip Khanna: a business tycoon, Angad and Nupur's dad
Naina Khanna: a housewife, Angad and Nupur's mom
shahank Gupta: a professor of medicine at University of Michigan, Rhiddima's overprotective dad
Padma Gupta: a nurse, Rhidz's mom

Sanjeevani: A hospital chain with its beginnings in Mumbai, India. Today it has hospitals in 20 of the United States. Sanjeevani CA is a major center with a medical college, campus, and hospital. Its graduates usually end up becoming the best in their field. The college is set up in semi Indian style. Entering after high school through a tough selection process students simultaneously complete college and medical school. Graduating at a 23 to 24 year old range the students then proceed to 2 years of internship at a Sanjeevani hospital. After completion of all the requirements the graduates are given preference at any Sanjeevani hospital.

Before i start of with the rest of it i should tell you that i kno absolutely NOTHING about medical procedures, so it will be given less importance an occadional fact i pullfrom a bio book might occadionally come up. if somwthing is needed i have to ask my aunt or cousin and then go into why i need to kno since everyone knows i cant look at a medical book without running away in an attepmt not to faint.

malluangel thumbnail
im posting all the pre story things at once so heres that next list, this one is just like WOW she seriously needs a life kind 😛

RELATIONSHIPS

Armaan-Rhiddima: Love
Angad-Kripa: Love
Mayank-Nupur: Love
Rahul-Muskaan: Married
Abhimanyu-Nikkita: Married

BF= Best Friends

Armaan-Rahul: BF
Angad-Rhiddima: BF
Anjali-Kripa: BF
Armaan-Atul: BF
Muskan-Nikkita: BF
Rahul-Atul: BF
Mayank-Nupur: BF

Angad-Nupur: siblings
Kripa-Mayank: siblings
Armaan-Atul: Cousins
Rhiddima-Anjali: siblings
Armaan-Abhi: siblings

Cars

Armaan: blue and white Yamaha bike
Rhidz: silver VW convertablie
Angad: red hot Ferrari
Kripa: dark navy blue Honda hybrid
Mayank: black red Honda bike
Nupur: bright yellow Mercedes convertible
Rahul: black Lincoln MKZ
Muskaan: bright blue VW bug
Atul: light green smart car
Anjie: white 06' mustang
Abhi: white Nissan SUV
Nikki: yellow porshe
love_KYPH thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
nice intro...
cont soon...
Let-It-Go thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
cool !
interseting intro :)
do add me to pm list
malluangel thumbnail

Originally posted by: ruchimayur

cool !

interseting intro :)
do add me to pm list

thank you soo much, ive buddied you and ill try and remember to pm u but..... first im gonna have to figue out how to send multiple pms and see if i can make a list of people who want to be pmed..... any suggestions?

malluangel thumbnail
PART 1: Prologue P1

Present Time:

"Rhiddima! Let go, chodo usse! Nurse! Nurse! Sedation, quickly!"
"I'm going to kill you! It's all you fault! I'm going to kill you. You killed him! Ill kill...you... kill'y'"

Rhiddima

"Rhiddima beta? Uto, dekho tumhari papane tumhareliye kya laya hai?"
I opened my eyes to see him. He was a monster. I hated him. He stood there, a stuffed bear in his hands hopeful look on his face. What did he think? A stupid stuffed animal would make me forget everything he's done? Taken away all that was mine? The one person I loved more than anything else in the world? He could volunteer to get me the whole d**n would but it wouldn't matter, because the only thing I wanted was the one thing I would never be able to get again. Not in this life anyway, that's why I didn't want to stay in this life. But they wouldn't let me go to the next one; THAT was his fault too. I turn away from the man standing near my bed; he had scratch marks on his face and arms. Good. He deserved that, and much more. HE deserved to die, not'not Armaan.
Silent tears ran down my face as I thought of all that I had lost, no more special smiles, secret, kisses, sweet surprises, no more being called Basket. Never again. Why am I alive? I ask myself the same question every waking moment every day. Why not me? Why him?
I heard my door opening, "Rhidzy?"
Angad. My sweet, loyal best friend. My only strength in this world. I heard him talking softly to my so-called father, turning I see Dr. Shashank Gupta was leaving. Wishing I never had to see him I turned to Angad.
"Kaisa hai tu?" he asked me. I didn't reply, just looked at him. He walked over and sat down. Holding my hand, he looked into my eyes, silently asking me why. We sat like that for a long time, not saying anything. Finally, a nurse came in to check on me; Angad whispered bye and with a soft kiss on the forehead got up to go. He paused at the door, turning to look at me once more, his eyes sad and full of concern. For me, his so-called strength, what use was I now? Nevertheless, he still came, every day, rain or shine, like clockwork no matter what, for the last six months.

ANGAD

I shut the door silently behind me, finally able to collapse; this say had been harder than the rest. Thank God Rhidzy didn't keep track of days here, it was supposed to be a special day, and it would have been one of the happiest days of her life. Hers, and ' and' Armaan's. If it hadn't been for me, maybe this is why I can't bring myself to ask her why she doesn't talk anymore. I look back into her room, the weak, limp body that was my Rhidzy. She stared at the wall intently, but not seeing.
On the way back to my car I passed the hospital's basketball court.
"Angad? ANGAD!" I turn and there he stood, signature smile on his face. He caught the basketball ricocheting towards him. " Angad' yaar- you. You do know that the ball's supposed to go in the basket right?" he cracked up over my inability to play.
"Armaan'" I walked toward him, but he disappeared, fading away like the dream it was. Looking up to the heavens I sighed, "Armaan'she needs you'more then ever, she needs you now." I stared intently at the blacktop, willing him to appear again. Maybe pull a miracle and make everything all right, maybe it was all a joke, a great big horrifying joke, its what it seemed like to me. We would be mad, but we would get over it. Anything was better than this. Anything was better than Armaan being DEAD. Dead because of me.

RAHUL

I looked down at Angad from my office window; he was on the court, crying most likely. There wasn't anything else he could do; there wasn't much I could do either. There wasn't anything anyone could do. The one person that possibly could have made it better was the reason for the problem. I looked at the picture on my desk, it was of the whole gang, even Nupur and Mayank had been there. It had been another one of his wonderful ideas. A day on the beach'just the guys'until the girls had found out. He had been full of those, ever since we were kids' Armaan.
Next to the picture was a framed newspaper clipping along with an obituary, Armaan's obituary.

"Armaan Malik (1981-2008) Twenty-seven year old Indian doctor dies in accident."
Accident. Ha.
It didn't say anything about how he died.He had been shot, and they passed it off as an accident. It didn't say anything about why, because he was a good friend, who didn't always think before he acted. It didn't say anything about Rhiddima- his love, or their unborn child who had died- no, been killed.
It didn't say anything; it was 11 words and a picture. The rock star picture, the day he'd switched lives with Angad, another crazy idea, a disastrous one.
My eyes welled up, I'm not afraid to cry, as Armaan said, "whoever said real men don't cry probably had nothing to cry for."
All the memories poured out, "Rahul, dude," he'd said, "you think too much!"
I believe he was right.

please leave your comments guys!
love_KYPH thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
nice part....
cont soon....
Let-It-Go thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
it was awesome yaar....gr8 intro !
but do start with mayank-npur too...cant wait more
and thanx for the pm :)
malluangel thumbnail

Originally posted by: nehasfan

nice part....
cont soon....

thanks and will do!

Originally posted by: ruchimayur

it was awesome yaar....gr8 intro !

but do start with mayank-npur too...cant wait more
and thanx for the pm :)

thank  u! the mayank nupur part is coming ....but ur gonna have to wait a little while for them to seriously get into the story.
and no prob for the pm!

hopefully im doing this quote thing the right way....