Fed up with the Index List? Everyone Read

Dark Love thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hey Guys,

Hope everything's going all right =)

Recently there's been a lot of rule-breaking going on,  and we're really disappointed with that. The 3-Quote rule's been around for a really long time, over 2 years actually. But some are choosing to ignore it.

Please familiarize yourself with the Rules and Regulations of the forum which can be found on Page 1.

But that's not the purpose in this message.

We've created a new ID for the section: FF Contests

As much as you'd love to be talking to a person-less ID, please don't spam it πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

This ID has been created to organize all PM's regarding FF's. The main purpose was for the FF Index List. It's really hard updating it when members don't format correctly, which results in no update for months.

So now, everyone who posted in the Index List topic starting from page 15 will have to format their replies and PM them to the FF Contests id.

All future index list requests are also to be sent there. The format for this is given below. Please follow it carefully, and PM me if there's any issues regarding it.

All PM's regarding the Index List sent to me or Sam will be left ignored.

If there's any important PM's and concerns, those should be sent over to us so we can reply asap...but other than that, any FF Index Requests, Ideas for the section, and Contest entries must be sent to that ID so they don't get lost. 😳

Template for Index List entries: (get rid of all brackets)

<Link To the FF and it's name Goes Here>- <writer's username goes here>
Overview: <Overview goes here>

Example:

The Love Story between Fan and Fiction- Dark Love
Overview:
A love story about two best friends.

Please shorten overviews, they should only give a glimpse at the FF, not the whole story. 😳

I know this is too much work for many, but here's why this was necessary:

I updated the list with all the FF's from 5 pages of the topic, so there were about 40ish...it told me there were too many characters, so all the changes I made went flying into cyber space...and that really isn't fun, especially when it happens several times. Most of the FF's I had to add were not formatted right, which took a long time to fix. =(

All entries must be in black and unbolded. Font size should be 2.

When PM'ing the entry, subject should be: FF Index List

Thank you for your cooperation!
~Sam & Madzz.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bheegi thumbnail
Madz, I have tried my best to stick to the 3-quote rule but sometimes the replies become so long, that i have to use another post to reply to the other comments. As a courtesy to all the readers who take pains to write such wonderful comments, I feel us writers should have the freedom to respond to their comments thoughtfully. I will try my best to squeeze all my replies in as few posts as possible but cutting and pasting so many replies take a lot of time and unfortunately, I don't have much time. Will do my best to stick to the rules.

Thanks Madz
aish_punk thumbnail
Hey Madz.. actually I dunno ow 3-quote πŸ˜›... itll b gr8 if u cud temme n BTW waddya mean by format ure post?? In the FF Index List.. d name of mah FF is aldready der soo do I hv 2 PM FFContests?? bcuz I've posted it afta Pg 15 only I guess
MochaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: bheegi

Madz, I have tried my best to stick to the 3-quote rule but sometimes the replies become so long, that i have to use another post to reply to the other comments. As a courtesy to all the readers who take pains to write such wonderful comments, I feel us writers should have the freedom to respond to their comments thoughtfully. I will try my best to squeeze all my replies in as few posts as possible but cutting and pasting so many replies take a lot of time and unfortunately, I don't have much time. Will do my best to stick to the rules.

Thanks Madz

Totally agree....i dont understand this 3 quote rule....I mean especially writers who et a lot of comments, should be able to quote each one freely!!!
If your quoting more than 3 replies, and u have long comments for each, thats not really Spamming...
sonikudi1 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Hey, Maddz. I'm also unfamiliar with the 3-quote rule. Will check it out right now since I just found out about it😳

bhoomikauttam thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
A bit confusion here... u mean the FF's whcih already there in the index list though we had posted after the page 15 we need to send Pm them on the FFcontest Id?
Shaina_b thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
If a writer does not give proper replies to the audience I can assure you no audience will bother to give comments and the writer can kiss its audience goodbye!!!!

Audience sab kuch hota hai and they surely deserve big replies for their comments!!!!

Naughty_n_nice thumbnail

Guys, the 3 quote rule is to make sure your readers are not lost searching for actual chapters within a huge net of quotes like "Can't wait for chapter 3!" and replies like "Thanks!" in separate posts.

The rule remains, however it will be a matter of judgement. If the reviews are long and the replies are long, they can be quoted separately. However, one line quote replies will be counted as breaking the rule...

Cheers,
Sam
MochaQueen thumbnail
not the readers, but the writers shud be able to quote how much they want in their fan fics.....

Oh so do u mena that writers can quote more than 3 times if theyre replies are long?:D
Shaina_b thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
But then why have the writers who get long comments as well as give long replies have been given warnings!!!!

First please see that they are really giving long replies and then give warnings!!!!

I have seen that the writers who give long replies have been given warnings!!!!!!