SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 26 days ago

Can Normal People Worship Her Too?

Maybe Right?

She Said Only Non Married Girls Can Worship Her.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anj_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 days ago

Married women are not allowed to worship her. She is one of 10 mahavidyas. Mainly tantra seekers worship her. She is very powerful goddess and from what I have heard there are specific rules and process to worship her or any other mahavidyas.

So it is not advisable for ordinary people to worship her without proper guidance from a guru.

I am happy how origin story of goddess Dhoomavati is shown here. Mostly different stories are shown in serials where goddess Parvati swallowed Shiv or she fought with him where she defeated him and took the form of Dhoomavati. Because she ended her 'saubhahya' (marital bliss) herself, she took a ugly old widow form as Dhoomawati.

But here they followed the story where she kills asur dhoomralochan by taking in all his smoke which affects her appearance and hence she is called as Dhoomawati.

Nevertheless, all stories are good and Dhoomawati form of goddess shows us the importance of balance in universe. The destruction which happens and void when universe ceases to exit before creation of new universe. She also signifies elimination of tragedy, freedom from disease.

SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 days ago

Originally posted by: Anj_01

Married women are not allowed to worship her. She is one of 10 mahavidyas. Mainly tantra seekers worship her. She is very powerful goddess and from what I have heard there are specific rules and process to worship her or any other mahavidyas.

So it is not advisable for ordinary people to worship her without proper guidance from a guru.

I am happy how origin story of goddess Dhoomavati is shown here. Mostly different stories are shown in serials where goddess Parvati swallowed Shiv or she fought with him where she defeated him and took the form of Dhoomavati. Because she ended her 'saubhahya' (marital bliss) herself, she took a ugly old widow form as Dhoomawati.

But here they followed the story where she kills asur dhoomralochan by taking in all his smoke which affects her appearance and hence she is called as Dhoomawati.

Nevertheless, all stories are good and Dhoomawati form of goddess shows us the importance of balance in universe. The destruction which happens and void when universe ceases to exit before creation of new universe. She also signifies elimination of tragedy, freedom from disease.

Yes Thanks For Replying