Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hatelove2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 years ago

Wow I came this story two days ago and read it all at once missing work and ordering dinner instead of cooking. Have no words to describe how beautifully it’s written and expressed every character. Made me sad,happy,excited and then sad again. Hope they get their happy ending. Especially Nishit. He had suffered for a lonnng time. He deserves happiness. 

ReelyROSExx thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Does anyone know this writer personally  

Updating or not is upto her/him ........ just hope she/he is fine. . From what I know of the last few months that I followed the story , She/He is not one to take long breaks in between , and now that I check it , we also don't see her/him replying to comments. 

So just wanted to confirm if He/she  is alright.  

Meerkat thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Dearest friends, 

Fervent apologies for pulling a disappearing act on you all. I have been occupied with new developments in life which have hijacked all my attention and despite having read your concerns, I wasn’t even able to provide proper acknowledgement to them.

Thank you for your interest and concern.

I plan to update by today or tomorrow. It will be a very short update. I have realized that with my busy schedule it is next to impossible to type out long updates, and I wish to give a proper end to this story so what I have decided is I will update daily - I hope to update daily. The writing quality may suffer but I guess you will manage.

For those who have forgotten where the story was -

Kirti has finally set her life in terms of financial security. She has a good job and is finally free from the clutches of the Ojha clan. She has also found some good friends. Having realized the importance of Nishit in her life, she is trying to mend her relationship with him but he has pulled back. At the same time, Kirti’s brother and Dadi have moved in with Ahilya, who has also adopted Radha.

In the most recent chapter, we see Kirti has come to live with Ahilya.

The coming chapter will focus on what led her to moving Ahilya’s house which also next to Nishit’s.

Pori thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

GN I’m just glad that you’re okay. Things can get busy which is fine but with all the uncertainties around it’s great to know you’re doing well. And thank you for not abandoning the story and continuing with it. 

imshveta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

So glad to see you back 

Gahana9999 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Thankyou so much for reply and confirming yo give good end to the story.

imshveta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Waiting and hoping 

Meerkat thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Back To You (II)

‘It's pretty but why would you want to gift it to me?’ Lily asked, truly surprised. ‘There’s no occasion to.’

‘Because I have bought it for you. I want to pamper my friends. And yes Lily, we ARE friends. You ARE one of my bestest friends.’

The warmth in Kirti’s tone set off butterflies in Lily’s stomach.

‘I love the work of sequins over it,’ Kirti continued, picking up the black cocktail dress. ‘The moment I spotted the dress, I just knew it was for you,’ She said, draping the dress over Lily.

‘I can’t take it,’ Lily gently shrugged the dress away. ‘This must have cost you an arm and a leg.’

‘So?’ Kirti was a bit irritated now.

‘I just can’t,’ Lily turned away to look at other home decor accessories that Kirti had bought.

‘Lillllliiii,' Kirti sighed. Moving aside the packages and other items from between them, she slid next to the younger woman, careful to not offend her physical boundaries. With Shruti, Kirti would have slid her arms around her person, engulfing her in a hug.

Kirti was deprived of touch and distinctly felt the lack of warmth in her life. Harlow was truly right in his experiment findings. Food and other things were necessary for survival but it was touch that succored one's life.

‘Don’t be a mood spoiler! I have wanted to do this all my life, Lily. Earn good money and then spend it on friends and family without a world's care. Look at me! Now that I am in the position to splurge, people have abandoned me. Do you see anyone around me? You’re my only friend, Lily.’

Lily fidgeted uncomfortably. Kirti, despite in a better place, did look lonely and a bit off. 

‘You’re emotionally blackmailing me,' she grumbled.

‘Get blackmailed then and allow me this little pleasure. Please? Please? Pretty please?’ Kirti batted her lids innocently.

‘Uhm...okay may be I will give it a try,' Lily yielded under the pressure. She was simply at peace in being able to spend time with Kirti. At first when Kirti had called, Lily's immediate response had been to deny the dinner invitation. She had just gotten used to the absence of Kirti and the child. But by some mystic pull, she had found herself at Kirti's door.

'Yayyy!!! You're sweetheart, Lily. Had you  rejected it, you would have broken my heart.'

It ushered as an epiphany to Lily while she was squeezing herself into the mini dress that she and her own brother had been wrong in their assessment. That she was not as cold and immune as she had thought herself to be. Especially, when it came to matters of Kirti.

'You dress up,' Kirti called out from outside the washroom's door, 'Meanwhile I will check on the curry.' It was a Friday night and Kirti was overjoyed to have someone over. She had in the recent times begun to dread weekends. Saturday and Sundays had become lonely affairs.

Popping a fat piece of cake into her mouth, she was heating the biryani in the oven when Biplab called her.

She let it ring for long before picking up.

'Now?' Her heart skipped a beat. 'Why would I have a problem? Okay. Will be waiting.' She did not let her excitement leak into her tone. It was proving to be a good evening.

-----

'A friend at office gave me some Kulkuls. They are some really good buttery stuff. Would you like to try some?' Kirti asked Lily as they sat watching a criminal investigation show post dinner.

'Sounds delicious. But no. I am really full,' Lily replied looking ahead at the television screen.

'Oh. Okay.' Kirti murmured brushing grains of invisible dirt off of her night pajamas.

From the corner of her eyes, Lily saw Kirti check her phone the umpteenth time and whatever good feelings she had for Biplab died there itself. The brother was a jerk. Making his sister feel miserable like this, yeah a jerk indeed! She wanted to say, it was quarter to eleven. The guy had said, 8-ish! He wasn't coming. 

Looking at the time, also reminded her that she needed to leave as well.

'It's late,' she said after several minutes, 'I will take your leave now.'

'Oh,' Kirti uttered, the disappointment being evident in her tone. 'Yes, it has gotten late. You can't stay the night, can you?'

-----

'Hey,' Debbie called Kirti around midnight, 'We are going on a trip tomorrow,' she informed without any preamble.

'Trip? All of a sudden?' Kirti asked, rubbing her eyes. She had just gone to bed.

'We?'

'Yupp. You, Prats, Ajinkya and me. We are going to - '

'Wanna bring someone along, get them too. The more the merrier.' 

-----

'Hey, where's Nishit?' Sana asked as soon as she sighted Buta. 'Still sleeping? Tell him we are here.'

'He's not at home, Didi,' Buta replied, adjusting to the negative energy that had just hijacked his being, 'He left early in the morning itself.'

'Oh. Okay. Never mind. Get me a cup of green tea,' she ordered, turning to Rimjhim who had just walked in. 'Aunty, Nishit isn't at home. Did he not know we were coming?'

'Not sure, beta,' Rimjhim replied, after taking Sana in a hug. 'I had told Buta to inform him. Buta, did you not?'

'I had reminded him more than three times,' Buta couldn't help but rub salt over Sana's disappointment. He wasn't very fond of this air-head miss. 'In fact, I had reminded him today morning as well that you are supposed to come,' he added. 'But Bhaiyya said he had no interest meeting anybody.'

'Buta!' Rimjhim intervened, 'Go get a green tea for Sana and a coffee for me,' she said, dismissing the lad. Then turning her attention to a visibly hurt Sana, she continued, 'Darling. Pay him and his big mouth, no attention. Nishit and Vaibhav have given him too much leeway.'

'But aunty, Nishit is actually avoiding me. This isn't the first time. In fact, he's been very vocal about it and it's humiliating to say the least.'

'Oh dear, don't be disheartened. I apologize on his behalf. He's been acting up lately. It's a phase that he will get over. And it's not just you, he's been acting weird with everybody around him. Where's your Mama? Has she come with you?  Haven't seem her in a while?' Rimjhim asked, smoothly changing the topic.

'She's waiting for you. And it better be a phase for Nishit. Or else by the time he gains his senses, he would have lost all his friends. There's only this much disrespect one can swallow.'

'Hush. Hush. Don't curse my boy.'

-----

'I left my morning sleep to be here. I think I deserve to know where we're going.' Nishit asked, dumping the camping luggage in the back of jeep. When he had met Sumit at the Cafe that day, he had been extended an invitation for a weekend trip. 

He hadn't taken up the offer until day before yesterday when he got to know Sana was visiting.

'The itinerary is still a work in progress. But we start with Bhandardara.' Sumit replied, ' The rest Pramod said, is a surprise.'

'I don't know why I said yes to your invitation but I am getting a very bad feeling about this surprise. All the more since Pramod is involved.' Nishit having loaded the luggage, moved to the passenger seat.

'Chill bro! This is going to be one memorable experience.' Sumit said, keying the vehicle.

'Hopefully' Nishit sighed as the vehicle came to life. Leaning back in his  seat, he closed his eyes. Perhaps he needed this.

He had a music exam on Monday and he needed to unwind to perform better.

Edited by Meerkat - 1 years ago
coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

A new chapter!! Will be back by tomorrow to read it.

Pori thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Thanks for the update! Beautiful. How I missed these two. And I’m hoping ms keerthi makes it to the trip. It’ll be fun!!🤩🤩