Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (April 2024) 1 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 2 years ago

How I wish he had not thrown away those earrings. He could have given them to her one day.

Meerkat thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

10. Agreement

‘I am sorry,’ she says when she returns from taking a bath the next morning.

He looks up to find her dressed in wine-colored silk; rubbing a Bombay Dyeing cotton towel over her dripping wet hair. 

He has just woken up and as per habit was checking his social media.

When she hangs the towel over the rack of the dressing table, he sees the cotton bristles of it poking out in wet tufts.

'I am sorry for last night's outburst,' she repeats, coming to sit in front of her open suitcase.

She takes out a bag, zips it open to pull out a comb and certain other things. Her hands filled with them, she walks to the dressing table, dumping the cosmetic products all over it.

A long pen-like thing falls. He gets down from the bed to pick it for her and stretches his arm to hand it to her but she's turned away. 

In her hand is a vermilion box. In its structure, it resembles the straight-edged pyramidal tower of a traditional temple. She removes the wooden lid and looks at her reflection and meets his eyes that are being reflected in the mirror.

‘You must understand how difficult it is for me to process all this. Until yesterday evening I had no clue that my life was to change so drastically.’

‘This,’ she dips the pointed teeth of the comb in the sacred red powder before bringing it to touch the parting of her forehead, ‘This vermilion, this room, you, all of it feels alien to me. All of this, I had imagined belonging to my sister. I was not mentally prepared for a marriage and then your confession...you should have kept it to yourself. I did not need to know about it.’

He nods, stepping back.

‘I am returning to my parent’s house today.’

He nods again stepping out in the balcony. 

They have their breakfast quietly with the members of the house stealing awkward glances of them.

Later, when he’s dropping her at her parent’s place, he says, ‘Give me thirty-one days.’

‘Thirty-one days? For what?’

‘To win you over.’

‘I don’t want to be won over, though.’

‘It’d be such a waste to let go of the marriage without even giving it a try. I am not that bad a guy.’

She unhooks the seat belt and gets down the car.

‘Think over it and let me know. I’ll be waiting.’ He tells her before driving away.

She stays at her place for five straight days. His family asks about her and the future of their marriage, directly and indirectly.

It is on the eighth day that she calls him, ‘Pick me up. I’m waiting.’

‘Your thirty-one days starts from today itself,’ she tells him, seated in the car.

Edited by Ginnosuke_Nohar - 2 years ago
Pori thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

He was honest and THAT matters. While I understand her annoyance, this man wanted her. This she should find a little Hope and joy in. Interesting  concept GN

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (April 2024) 1 Thumbnail + 9

She accepted the deal. He has a chance to show her now.

Pori thumbnail

So she accepted the deal!! Let’s see what these 31 days brings 

Pori thumbnail

Are you going to update this?

Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pori

Are you going to update this?

same question

Meerkat thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Once I bank enough chapters I will update this one. Rest assured not abandoning this one but I confess it is going to take time because I am working on LU right now. 

Thank you for your interest! 🙂 

Pori thumbnail

Hey no worries!! Yes, your plan makes sense. Thank you 

change12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meerkat

Once I bank enough chapters I will update this one. Rest assured not abandoning this one but I confess it is going to take time because I am working on LU right now. 

Thank you for your interest! 🙂 

Lovely story read all the chapters in one go. will wait for the update. can you please add me to your PM list