Kukki & Rishabh Questions: PLEASE help this confused fangirl! BACHAO!!

JalebiJane thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hello Sisters:

I'm writing a KZK2 fan-fiction and I keep getting stuck at points where Rishabh's past is informing his present actions. Essentially---24/7.

I think I'm stuck because I have a hazy fog over aspects of Rishabh and Kukki's history. 

True--my first language is not Hindi--but thanks to my obsession with tv serials, I rarely struggle with comprehension. And if I do, it is usually with a word or two that I don't recognize. However, in this matter, I am at a loss. 

Could someone please help?

I would appreciate it so much.

Questions:

Is Kukki a nickname? If not, what is her full name.

What happened between Rishabh and Kukki's mother?

Did they divorce? Did she die? Who was she?

Is Kukki's hearing impairment from birth or caused by an accident later in life?

Kukki is seven when she was introduced in the storyline---but has Rishabh been separated from her for a few years? 

And going even farther back:

What happened between Rishabh's father and his mother?

Is Rishabh illegitimate or were his parents married before his father left?

A lot of questions, but any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Maya

jalebijane.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aryapdane thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: JalebiJane

Hello Sisters:

I'm writing a KZK2 fan-fiction and I keep getting stuck at points where Rishabh's past is informing his present actions. Essentially---24/7.

I think I'm stuck because I have a hazy fog over aspects of Rishabh and Kukki's history. 

True--my first language is not Hindi--but thanks to my obsession with tv serials, I rarely struggle with comprehension. And if I do, it is usually with a word or two that I don't recognize. However, in this matter, I am at a loss. 

Could someone please help?

I would appreciate it so much.

I don't have all the answers to your questions but I'mma give them a shot

Questions:

Is Kukki a nickname? If not, what is her full name.

Kukki isn't a nickname. It is her real name. Although since your writing a fanfic, which I'm really excited about, I'll throw in more information. When Kukki was introduced, they had named her Sneha for a few episodes but then the name was changed to Kukki, which might be a nod to season one, where his youngest daughter by his previous marriage was named Kukki. 

What happened between Rishabh and Kukki's mother?

Did they divorce? Did she die? Who was she?

This point is not very clear. Although I'm suspecting there was a throwaway line about how the woman had betrayed him and left him for someone else. For his previous wife, you could draw from the information in S1. 

So, in S1, RB's ex-wife was Meneka Bose. She was shown to be a very sophisticated woman who had left him to raise his children alone. She had married this old businessman for money. Later, she wanted Rishabh back in her life and caused a lot of problems in his life, even faking his death and getting Anurag and Prerna married behind Rishabh's back. 

Is Kukki's hearing impairment from birth or caused by an accident later in life?

Actually she had a speech impairment. They haven't made it clear in the show if it was from birth or not. But considering that she got her voice back due to the inglorious chaku mask scene, I think that it wasn't from birth. So it could be the trauma of being abandoned by her mom that caused it. 

Kukki is seven when she was introduced in the storyline---but has Rishabh been separated from her for a few years? 

Nope. That's not likely. She has been with RB all along.

And going even farther back:

What happened between Rishabh's father and his mother?

Oh the show never gave us much information about this. Just suggestions through some dialogues here and there. By some of Rishabh's remarks, it seems that he really, really loved his mother. His father, Rishabh loathed cause the man was very abusive. So all the information we have regarding his parents come from the Die Basu episode. You could check that episode although I am giving you a gist here. So Rishabh reveals to Anurag that he's had a very abusive childhood. His father was the worst man in the world who treated everyone like dirt. He would make Rishabh watch when he'd hit his wife too. So pretty dark stuff. Oh and when Rishabh was nine, his father died. I love the manner of death. He was electrocuted in his own bathtub. It could be an accident or some foul play by RB. That point isn't clear. 

Is Rishabh illegitimate or were his parents married before his father left?

His parents seem to have been married. So Rishabh was legitimate. 

A lot of questions, but any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Maya

jalebijane.com

Sorry if I gave you too much information, haha. But if by some happy chance, there is some other query you have, I'd be happy to help 😁

Edited by aryapdane - 3 years ago
JalebiJane thumbnail

Thank you, @aryapdane

I really appreciate your comprehensive answers.

You are now my official beta reader---hehe.

And I'm especially pleased that I'll be able to incorporate all your replies into my current draft without much editing.

EXCEPT--I have made Rishabh illegitimate. 

That is rather fundamental to my story so I'll have to keep that in.

I always prefer my fan-fiction to be accurate in character history and the big plot events---so again, thank you.

Maya

aryapdane thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: JalebiJane

Thank you, @aryapdane

I really appreciate your comprehensive answers.

You are now my official beta reader---hehe.

And I'm especially pleased that I'll be able to incorporate all your replies into my current draft without much editing.

EXCEPT--I have made Rishabh illegitimate. 

That is rather fundamental to my story so I'll have to keep that in.

I always prefer my fan-fiction to be accurate in character history and the big plot events---so again, thank you.

Maya

You're welcome. I'm so looking forward to this story now! Hope you post soon. 

MOnamy11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I remember Kuki being Five years old when being introduced to the story. In her birthday, when RB saw her coming down the stairs he made a remark that she's five years old as far as I remember. 

I'm really giddy with excitement for your FF 

JalebiJane thumbnail

Originally posted by: MOnamy11

I remember Kuki being Five years old when being introduced to the story. In her birthday, when RB saw her coming down the stairs he made a remark that she's five years old as far as I remember. 

I'm really giddy with excitement for your FF 

Thank you for clarifying. 

And your excitement about the story. I'm really enjoying the writing.