Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
please do continue soon..waiting for the next update eagerly..
writerff thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Will post soon. I had an emergency in the family. All good now. Will post an update by the weekend.
Surya.Ravi thumbnail

Originally posted by: writerff

Will post soon. I had an emergency in the family. All good now. Will post an update by the weekend.

Take care.. Will wait for the update..
writerff thumbnail

Chapter 34: Monsoon memories

"Laugh at the little things in life Tej," said Jahnvi softly, handing him his tea and joined him as he took in the visual that Shivay and Anika presented. "What?" Said Tej incredulously, as he looked at Jahnvi. Sighing and signaling him to be quiet with a finger pressed to her lips, Jahnvi nodded towards the duo of Shivay and Anika.

Shivay had his hand raised, finger pointing at Anika, fury etched clearly across his face. Anika faced him squarely, arms on her hips, staring him in the eye with just a little upward tilt of chin. This was for the nth time in the day that these positions were taken by the two of them. "You, you, better watch what you are saying.." Said Shivay stuttering with fury. "Mr Oberoi, please don't be difficult, are you even serious about your uncle?" Shot back Anika. "Don't you dare try to imply I do not care about him. He is an Oberoi, and no one..." "Ya, Ya, no one touches an Oberoi, etc etc, I get the gist, thats all I heard over the past few hours, like one of those serial heroes." Interrupted Anika. That had done it, Shivay's control snapped and he lunged towards Anika. Taking one arm in his hand and twisting it behind her back, the other snaked up towards and gripped her waist. Firmly. Possessively. Looking into the eyes, he saw shock, the sharp twinge of sudden pain and then something else. The look in her eye made him forget his thoughts... Again. He was soon losing this battle over her. The logical part of his brain kept chanting that there were things to do, battles to fight and a huge mess named Svetlana to deal with. While the one tiny exhausted part of his brain along with his heart whispered, "It will be OK. She will help you through this. You guys got this! Now go on kiss her like you want to." Frustrated at letting that voice be heard, he twisted harder. That did no good. Anika moved in closer, her warmth mingling with his and setting his blood ablaze.

First she saw the fury as he yanked her towards him. Then she saw the rage in those ice cold blue eyes. And then, just like the blue turned into a deep turquoise. Something was in them that she couldn't understand. Yet, rather than frighten her, the look sent the tingles down her spine. She was exhausted, despite the firmness of his grip all she wanted to do, was to lean into the scent and rest her head on his shoulder. His warmth mixed with hers and set her blood on fire. 

"Children, come now." Said Jahnvi clearing her throat and restraining Tej from yelling at the duo. "Can you guys catch us up on what the developments are?" Enquired Jahnvi politely. 

Shivay and Anika sprang apart as though each touched a live wire, and both began to speak at once. 

"Enough!" Said Tej. "Start!" He said looking at Shivay. "Bade papa, Svetlana faked all her papers. They are legit in that they were all issued by legitimate sourced and institutions, but they belonged to a bunch of different people who are now deceased." Stated Shivay. 

"Deceased?How do you know that?"  Asked Tej. "Actually Mr Oberoi, I cross referenced them with local hospital records." Began Anika and then caught herself midway. "Sorry for interrupting Sir" she added. "No go on!" Said Tej, while Shivay fumed. "It is a common practice in few orphanages to name children randomly or sometimes through records of deceased senior citizens. All of Svetlana's mark lists and certificates are authentic except for her name. So retrieving class records and cross referencing with hospital records show that she stole identities from the deceased." Continued Anika.

"When was the earliest instance of such a certificate?" He asked. "Her bachelor's degree in commerce Sir" stated Anika.

"Shivay why did this pass through our HR system?" Asked Tej. "Bade papa, it seems as though she was hired by someone within the family. It is only when one member of the family recommends a candidate that this happens." Said Shivay keeping his tone flat. "But even then we screen them right?" Asked Tej. "No, not really. We do not ask for conduct certificates or recommendations from previous employers. Also, the verification process of the documents is very perfunctory." Said Shivay. 

"So who hired her 8 years back then?I have no memory of her ever coming to Oberoi Mansion or my offices prior to the transfer." Said Tej in exasperation. "This is a huge breach of security and a deeper mess. Jahnvi..!" Thundered Tej, turning to face his wife, "Did you hire her ever?" He asked. "I am sure Tej, that I did not." said Jahnvi, calmly. "The venture I began 8 years ago, is now a part of your jewelry division. All paper work was transparent. You should check with them." She said.

"Fine. Let us ask the others then." Said Tej 

**********************************************************************

"Hai mummyji, why is Jethji calling us heres?Swamiji's pravachan is on. I am thinking I will ask him to comes to the mansion and do puja for us. If only we did what he asked us to do last year, we would nots have had this problems now." Huffed Pinky as she hurriedly made her way to sit by Kalyani's side.

Nodding at her in reassurance, Kalyani smiled as Shakti walked in. If there was one thing, she was sure of, it was that Shakti would not cheat on Pinky. Life's little blessings she thought. 

"Shakti, did you hire anyone personally 8 years ago?" Demanded Tej as he walked into one of the several Oberoi lounges. "Bhaisahab, I am not sure I remember. It was 8 years ago. I can check company records." Said Shakti. "Not company records. I meant did you personally hire any one via referrals. As in did someone request you for a job." Said Tej and turning to face the rest of his family he said "Did anyone of you refer Svetlana for a job? Our records show she was referred by a close family member."

"Oh My Mata Jethji, what are you sayings?" Began Pinky, "We never set sight on Svetlana, till we saw her with you in the papers first. Besides, we do not invite such women to our homes." She huffed. 

"Pinky puttar, thand rakh." Said Kalyani and turning to Tej she asked, "What are you saying Tej beta? Please explain."

"Ma, Anika and Shivay found out that Svetlana was hired through a very direct referral, that is one of our family members got her a job in Shivay's office. I am 100% sure I did not do that. Jahnvi can't seem to remember hiring her either. Which means one of you got her the job." Said Tej.

"Umm, Sir" interrupted Anika. "How dare you?Dont you dare..." began Shivay. "Wait Shivay!" Said Tej holding up his hand, "Let Anika speak up.""Bade papa, please, I know what she will say, that maybe someone else was hired and Svetlana as expected stole her identity?" Said Shivay. "Umm, Yes!" Said Anika in disbelief. "We know that genius!" Said Shivay. "Ma, papa and dadi, one of you hired someone to add to my office staff. Now, I don't know why you guys did it, since you have never interfered in my affairs. Now its time to remember why you did it." Continued Shivay. 

"Billu, if I hired someone, it was always as members of my staff. I never once sent anyone to your workplace." Said Kalyani. 

"Shivay, I never interfered in your affairs. You never needed my guidance and I must admit your business acumen is infinitely better than mine. I never meddled in your affairs." Said Shakti as well.

"Well then, that means..." Began Tej, "Hai Jethji, what are you sayings?Ki I hurt my Shivay? Turning to Shivay, a furious Pinky said, "Shivay my son, I nevers interfered in your affairs. I don't mess up loved ones lives like some people do. 

"Pinky! Said Tej.
"Stop it you two!" Said Kalyani, "Shivay, none of us seems to remember now, but I assure you all of us will actively think on this. Shakti and Pinky why don't you guys head to your rooms and help each other think?" She added.

Nodding at his mom and brother, Shakti lead Pinky away. 

"Pinky, why do you always make a mountain out of a mole hill?" Asked Shakti. "Bhaisahab is really stressed about this and you made it all about yourself. Now is not the time for all this!" He said. "Shaktiji, aap rehne dijiye. Ek toh jethji's causing troubles for my Shivay. Now, he says we are hurting our Shivay, bhala, how can we does that?he is my bacha." Said Pinky.

"Acha OK Pinky. Chill now. Lets go." Said Shakti leading Pinky away.                         ***********************************************************************

"Billu, now tell me what is happening?" Asked Kalyani, once Tej and Jahnvi left to check on some more office records. "Dadi, as of now we know that Svetlana faked all her papers and her identity. She was hired without a deep background scan because someone directly hired her to my office. I will talk to Khanna about this. 8 years is a long time, but not too long to not be able to figure this. It is late now, you should eat and go to bed." Said Shivay.

Sighing, Kalyani checked the time and said, "Anika beta, you should eat as well and head home."

"No dadi! I will go home and eat, but I must really leave now. It looks like it may rain real bad and I don't want to leave Sahil alone." Said Anika.

"Shivay, drop Anika home." Said Kalyani. "But dadi," began Anika and Shivay at once, "Yes?any problem?" asked Kalyani. "I can't drop her, I have lots of work. " said Shivay the same time as Anika said "No need dadi, I will manage." "Since the two of you have the so much to talk and want to talk at once, I really think you should drop her home and the two of you can continue on your way to her place. Besides Billu, did I not teach you manners." Said Kalyani. 

"Sure dadi, I will drop her." Said Shivay with a sigh.                          ************************************************************************

Left on her own, Pinky began to pace and mull over things. Jethji really was the limit now. Her worst fears were about to come true. One day, he would mess up her son's life, like he had done with his wife's and kids'. Poor Om, endured so much because of his father. But, Pinky would not let any harm befall Shivay. That Svetlana, how dare she try to even scheme on Shivay. Now that she trapped Jethji, she would try for Shivay again. For sure. "I will have to stop her! Thought Pinky. "8 years ago, 8 years ago, what happened? She thought. All the badams she ate since childhood for sure would help her now.

Unable to recollect things, Pinky decided to go back in her mind, one year at a time.

********************************************************************

"I can go home you know. Please don't bother." Said Anika, as she stepped out with Shivay. The first clap of thundered was heard, and a tiny drop of water splashed on her palm, hinting at rain that was imminent. 

"No, I will drop you home. Don't bother arguing with me." He added.

Anika made her way silently to her seat in Shivay's car. "How unpredictable was her life!" She mused. Two years back, she was in shared transport, sharing with fish mongers with their fresh catch of the day as she left for work in the wee hours of the day. Today, she was sitting in a ridiculously expensive car, sitting next to one of the country's leading businessmen. The very realization had her sniffing herself, to assure herself that she didn't smell.

"How did this happen?" Thought Shivay. Even in his wildest dreams, did he not imagine turning chauffeur to some random woman. Women of the highest pedigree made themselves available to Shivay at the drop of a hat, and yet today, he, Shivay Singh Oberoi, was driving his bade papa's lawyer, a nobody home. 

Anika snorting, had Shivay pulling out of his revere. "Anything funny about my car?" He asked.

"Oh no Mr Oberoi. I just had a thought. Besides, why do you always think I am laughing at you or at your people?" She asked.

"Because, you are insane and thats what crazy people do." He said.

"Yeah right. Mr Oberoi, you can drop me off at the main road. Do not bother driving into my lane. The narrow roads, coupled with rain water may ruin your car." Said Anika.

Shivay's memory quickly flashed to the time she asked him to drop him off at the lane and not walk her home. He didn't know why, but he would not let her walk out on him again. 

"Do you think my car is made of paper?" He asked.

"No, but do you see how it has began to pour?You will get stuck." Said Anika.

"Let us see." Said Shivay as he maneuvered his way through a slightly wider by lane that lead to her house.

Within few seconds, the heavy downpour turned into torrential rain. "Mr Oberoi, please. You have to listen to me. There is no way you can drive back home, for that point we can't go to my place either. Please leave your car here and run home with me." Said Anika.

"What??you want me to what??" Asked an incredulous Shivay. "Yes, my house is 2 houses away, please come!" Said Anika. "Have you lost it?" Said Shivay as he called Khanna, "Get my chopper down here now!" He said, "What?..what do you mean we have no authorization to fly?...a cyclone?...thats...bullshit..." said Shivay as he slammed his hand, hard against the steering wheel.

"Mr Oberoi, please. We can get to my place and call Dadi, before something worse happens!" Said Anika as she made her way out of the car. Stopping by his side of the car and tapping at his window she said, "Come!" And stretched out her palm.

"What the hell!" Thought Shivay as he took Anika's hand and made a run for it!

*************************************************************************

"Hai hai, what rain!" Thought Pinky. Hours had passed and she couldn't think of anything anomalous in the past. Much as she was filmy, Pinky hated rains. The harder it rained, the more Pinky hated it. She had not a single pleasant memory associated with the rains. Every time, it rained something bad had happened to Pinky. First a viral fever, then a bout of typhoid. Losing a dear brother to a road accident in the rains. Turning away from her window, as the memories grew dark Pinky began to walk away, when it struck her, "She came...on a rainy day...about 8 years back..." thought Pinky. 

"No!can't be!" Shaking her head vigorously and burying that tiny little thought and memory deep into her mind, Pinky prepared to go to bed.

Edited by writerff - 5 years ago
AnonMSK thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
You are back??
Rubs eyes!!
You are back for real. You went AWOL girl.
But I am glad you came back and that too with a bang.

We got a glimpse back of the bubbling emotions between shivika which somewhere was subdued given the calamity that has fallen over the oberois.

But with the torrential rain and shivay Anika together...I am guessing we are going to get some more movement in their dynamic as well.

So it was pinky who brought in Svetlana. Interesting turn of events. I love how you have meticulously worked on getting even Pinky's character right.

I hope we will get the next part soon
AnonMSK thumbnail

Oh!
I didn't see the note. I hope everything is okay in the family now.
writerff thumbnail

Originally posted by: SaritaMSK

You are back??

Rubs eyes!!
You are back for real. You went AWOL girl.
But I am glad you came back and that too with a bang.

We got a glimpse back of the bubbling emotions between shivika which somewhere was subdued given the calamity that has fallen over the oberois.

But with the torrential rain and shivay Anika together...I am guessing we are going to get some more movement in their dynamic as well.

So it was pinky who brought in Svetlana. Interesting turn of events. I love how you have meticulously worked on getting even Pinky's character right.

I hope we will get the next part soon

All is good now :)

I am tempted to tease a little and say, that "dont jump to conclusions ðŸ˜‰" about pinky who brought in Svetlana.
I will try to update soon :) have missed the writing part!
AnonMSK thumbnail

All is good now :)

I am tempted to tease a little and say, that "dont jump to conclusions ðŸ˜‰" about pinky who brought in Svetlana.
I will try to update soon :) have missed the writing part!

Shakti ji is it????

Man u got me excited for the next then
chavi12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Thank you for update ... It was a fab update... Shivay and Anika together... In her house... Pinky recommend Svetlana
writerff thumbnail

Originally posted by: chavi12345

Thank you for update ... It was a fab update... Shivay and Anika together... In her house... Pinky recommend Svetlana

Thank you for liking the update!