Shivika FF: Ordinary!! Chp 38 update 8/31 page 100 - Page 53

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Gurveen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Superb update
Shivay is giving anika really hard time
Please update soon
writerff thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Gurveen

Superb update
Shivay is giving anika really hard time
Please update soon

Thank you!
bworm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
InyetstingI updates...Had to catch up on many parts.
Am intrigued where you are taking this.

Excited to read more.

If you send PM's, can I request one. 

writerff thumbnail

Originally posted by: bworm

InyetstingI updates...Had to catch up on many parts.

Am intrigued where you are taking this.

Excited to read more.

If you send PM's, can I request one. 

Thank you! dont plan to do PMs, but if I do, I will definitely send one out to you.
I hope you keep reading.
writerff thumbnail

Originally posted by: jaansahiba

Res

Unreserved!
Woah this update was bang on awesome! πŸ‘πŸ‘ The way Annika cleared out things, god, I felt that she has been a lawyer since forever. Are u a lawyer yourself? I mean the way everything happened, it seems impossible to me for any ordinary writer to write a story as fantastic as this! And this means that you are no ordinary writer, but yeah you are 'Ordinary's writer!πŸ˜† God, Jhanvi's still gonna help him, she really has a big heart! and the moment of vulnerability which passed between them, that was just beautiful! I have been thinking of consequences where what would have happened if dadi hadn't come, but yeah at the end of every consequence I was happy that dadi came!πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Really looking forward to the next chapter. Do update soon.

Abhi

I really wish there was a love option, instead of just like for comments. I get such sweet comments from some of you guys! :)
LoL, I am not a lawyer! I am trying to get most of the terminology and procedures right, of course there is a dash of fiction to all this :). Some of the other readers could probably be lawyers and they comment on if I got things right or not and I try to keep that in mind moving ahead. 
I am so happy you like the story so much :)
Poor Jahnvi, she is the truest ishqbaaz in every sense of the word. In my story she loves Tej to the point of fault. I drew inspiration for her character from someone I know.
Will try to update soonish, I hope to have the next chapter ready by this weekend (fingers crossed).
Keep the comments coming!
moon99 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Loving it!!!!!!!

That moment in the dark was nice, quite beautiful.

I really like the moments when both get an insight of each other and learn something new, changing their perspectives of one another. There's always something so beautiful about such moments

Waiting for more!

Loads of Love,
- Sims πŸ€—
writerff thumbnail
[QUOTE=moon99]Loving it!!!!!!!

That moment in the dark was nice, quite beautiful.

I really like the moments when both get an insight of each other and learn something new, changing their perspectives of one another. There's always something so beautiful about such moments

Waiting for more!

Loads of Love,
- Sims πŸ€—[/QUOTE
Thank you! Glad you liked it :)
vivacious_gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Ek week ho gaya since last update...lolz...I'm a beggar for updates...please update soon
writerff thumbnail

Chapter 32: Pealing the onion called Oberoi

The problem of being born as the youngest in the family, is that no one takes you seriously. Well, in my case second youngest, thought Rudy. Something was up, Om turned into Shivay and the dirty looks he gave their dad only attested to this fact. Mom was at her melancholic best, unsurprisingly. But, thought Rudy, the fact that things were seriously messed up, was evident from Shivay's behavior. Shivay was quieter and angrier, in a simmer till explode way rather than erupt every five minutes way. Plus Anika didi had questioned his dad. For sure things were more serious than they were letting him know. And he had enough of this. For months he was sick and tired of being treated like a kid by Bhavya, ignored by Sumo and now ignored by O and Shivay bhaiya! That was not acceptable. "This has to stop!" He thought.

Enquiring with the staff he found out that Shivay had relegated Anika to a dim corner of the mansion, that until today he did not know even existed. "Come what may, he won't give up ragging on Anika didi" thought Rudy.

As he entered the tiny room, he found Anika hunched over a laptop, typing away furiously. "Didi?" Said Rudy. Not looking up, Anika replied "Uh-huh, give me a minute". Typing away for another 2 minutes as though her life depended on it, Anika furiously punched one last key and said "Ha! Sent, that should teach Bagad Billa Oberoi a lesson!". Looking up, Anika's expressions softened as she said "Kya hua Rudy?". "Didi, please tell me what is going on. No one is telling me anything. People think I am a stupid kid. I am not. I see O as angry as Shivay usually gets. That emotion of O's is reserved only for Papa. Shivay is brooding, not throwing things either. Papa is brooding with Shivay and Ma shut herself up. You are here, and you spoke to my dad. Please...I know something is up. Just... tell me."

implored Rudy. 

Studying the earnestness in Rudy's face, Anika smiled and said "Rudy, I am sure you are not stupid or a kid. But, see, I am here in official capacity, so I cannot really tell you what happened.

However, I can tell you that your Shivay bhaiya is doing his best to help your papa. I am not the one to comment about what is exactly on Om's mind, but I am sure if we asked properly, he may care to share."

"He will, if you will help." Said Om from the doorway. Om made it in time to hear Anika explain things to Rudy and was grateful for all that she told him. He knew that he was not being a rational person, and so he would probably do a bad job handling Rudy. The last thing he wanted was his baby brother hurt. The memory of Rudy's face when he came back after overdosing on cocaine still shook him. He was done hurting his baby brother.

"Hi Om! Didn't see you there. How can I help?" Asked Anika as she smiled up to Om. "I want you to help me find a good divorce lawyer. My mom is done with Mr Oberoi. She does not need alimony. We have enough of our own." Said Om.

"Hmm. Om, why don't you sit.." Began Anika and noticed that, there was only one single chair in the room. The Bagad Billa sure didn't want her to be comfortable. "Here, sit on the chair, I will hop on the table and Rudy, come, sit next to me." Said Anika, moving away her laptop and making space for Rudy.

"So, did your mom ask for a lawyer?" Asked Anika. "No" said Om flatly. "Umm, did Mr Oberoi request for one?" Continued Anika, "No" said Om again. And then Anika said nothing, waiting for Om to elaborate. 

"I just want to protect her Anika. I am tired of all this. Mr Oberoi does nothing but insult her. We got used to all those mistresses, but this time... this is unpardonable. Do you know Ma is actually a princess?" Asked Om, now turning to look at her. "Nanaji was royal, a king to a very small province, nominal but still a king. He made the biggest mistake of his life by trading class for cash. Thinking that he was securing his daughter's future, he got her married to Mr Oberoi. He took a young girl with stars in her eyes and made sure that her life was a bed of thorns. Unable to get over his broken heart, he broke hers every single day. My beautiful, talented mother is nothing but an empty shell now. He had the nerve to do all this to her, when she was instrumental in developing his airlines business. Even then, at the peak of their success, he asked her to give it up for him and she did, with a smile on her face. I can't tolerate this anymore!" Spat Om.

"Om, there are two things here. The easier law, and the more complicated human factor. Breaking a relationship is very easy. Divorce on paper ends only the tangible. I am sure you know your parents well, and I am sure your mom must be proud that you love her so much. But, if all that you said is true and she wants to stay with him, then there must be something more than what meets the eye. As a son, you want to protect the woman you love and who is the reason for your existence, but I would suggest you talk to her first. Ask her if she wants this divorce. If she does, then we can certainly contact the right people. But, if she wants to help your father first, please let her do it. Now is not the time to complicate things further for them." Said Anika.

"O, Anika didi is right. I think we should talk to ma. I don't think she ate anything since morning today. No one did for that point. Why don't you go talk to her?I know you guys have not properly spoken yet. And once you are done talking to her, please talk to me too. I want to know, I want to help. Please" pleased Rudy.

"Om, go talk to Badi Ma" said Shivay. No one noticed when Shivay got there, or how much he heard. "Shivay, but..." began Om. "Don't punish her Om. She needs you now. Go." Said Shivay patting Om's shoulder in encouragement. Sighing, Om got up to walk out of the room. Turning towards Anika, he said, "Thank you Anika. For just listening, to me and to Rudy as well." Saying that Om left.

"Rudy, why don't you go down as well?I will have a word with Anika here." Said Shivay to Rudy.

"No bhaiya. I won't go. Please tell me what is happening." Implored Rudy. 

"I will, for sure, later. Now go. Have lunch. Said Shivay. "Ok. But I will eat with Anika didi, you will join us for lunch, won't you?" Asked Rudy. Nodding lightly, Anika smiled at Rudy. "Ok then!." Said Rudy as he left Shivay and Anika alone. 

*******************************************************************

"The files you requested for will be available with the next half hour. My lawyers have cleared it. But, you will have to work with them here. No file leaves the Oberoi Mansion. I suggest you finish eating within the next 30 minutes and meet me in my private library." Saying so Shivay strode out, leaving a rather dumfounded Anika to gape at him.

Shivay hated that he lost yet another yelling match to her. Correction, there was no yelling, but you get the point. He expected her to bungle the request and was anticipating the joy he would feel rubbing that in her face. But, as he made his way to her room, he had heard Rudy talk. Unknown to them, he heard their conversation. Much as he hated to admit, he was taken aback by the way Anika handled Rudy and furthermore, he was impressed the way she handled Om. He half expected her to divulge details of the case, thereby giving him a chance to fire her. But not only had she not spoken a word, she steered Rudy away from the conversation and managed to get Om to speak what was troubling him. And what was the whole thing about telling Rudy that he was doing his best to help Bade Papa?.  "Damn this woman!" He thought. He would have to study her well. Get her to make a mistake and then get her out of here. 

Thinking thus, he made his way to his private library. 

"Dadiji, Shivay Sir is asking Anika madam to meet him in the library now. Her half an hour is up." Said Khanna to Kalyani. "But, can't you see, the poor girl is still eating. She just had one paratha so far. Sure he can wait" said Kalyani. 

"Sorry Dadi, Shivay Sir's instructions are to bring her right away." Said Khanna. "Its OK Dadi, I will come back and finish my food. Infact I can take my paratha along with me. Thank you for lunch. I will see you guys in a bit." Said Anika, getting up from the table, rolling up her paratha and following Khanna into the lion's den.

********************************************************************

"So this is how professional you are is it?" Sneered Shivay. "Planning to get ghee all over my documents?" Asked Shivay. "Mr Oberoi, there is no statute on how one is to read legal documents. Besides, for a hot shot business man, pray tell me why are your records still hard paper copies?" Retorted Anika. 

"I had them printed, just in case you didn't know how to read off a laptop screen." Said Shivay, annoyed to have lost this quip as well.

"Mr Oberoi, please let me do my job. Can you stay quiet for a bit?" Said a rather annoyed Anika. Glaring at her, Shivay fell silent. 

"Svetlana, no last name. Born Nov 12, 1987 in New Delhi. Schooling,...OK,...MBA, hmm, St Mary's. Hmm. Ok. First joined Oberoi Industries Division X. OK...Oh...Hmm...Wow...OK. Mr Oberoi, did you...?" Began Anika. 

"Took you long enough. I was beginning to wonder if you would get to that part in this birth of yours." Said Shivay. "Mr Oberoi please pick on me later. How come you don't remember she joined as an assistant to your then personal assistant?" Asked Anika.

"Why should I remember this?Besides, she was my assistant's assistant not mine. But that being said, I looked up her record. Series of bad performance reviews. She almost always was never in the right place at the right time. No wonder she got transferred." Said Shivay. 

"Seems like, your personal assistant was fired just about when she was transferred. The reason listed,.. well there is no reason listed. You were the one to fire him. Why am I not surprised?" Said Anika, now thinking more to herself, as she said it out loud. "I wonder if I could get his contact details, to talk to him?" Said Anika thinking out loud again and now turning to look at Shivay. 

"Again, I marvel at how fast your brain thinks Anika. So impressed." Mocked Shivay. "Please, Mr Oberoi.  I want your assistant's contact details." Stated Anika.

"You won't get them." Said Shivay. "Mr Oberoi, do you want a written request?" Asked Anika, exasperated now. "That can hold for now. He is on his way. You will ask him everything you want to in my presence." Said Shivay.

"God, this man is fast!" Thought Anika.

Edited by writerff - 5 years ago
AnonMSK thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
God
Did you stop😭 why why??
I know know..butb but there is no extent of getting greedy. And I for once pine for this story.
I loved Anikas maturity here. How she handled all the tumultuous emotional turmoil of two brothers just shows how sorted she is. Glad sivay was also privy to this scene. She is breaking through the walls around his heart and he is trying to make those walls stronger and stronger ...scared of what shall happen if she gets through. But we all can see crevices appearing in the wall. And I am waiting when this wall gets shattered with the sheer impact of the force called just Anika

Tuned in for more. Please update soon.