Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

writerff thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: ithihaas

I loved loved the update...I am loving the interactions between all of these guys.. 

I haven't heard of this movie, "Like water for chocolate" but after I read the update I went to wikipedia to just go through the synopsis for a better understanding of the exchange .. nicely incorporated into the story...

I loved the kitchen scene... Shivika are such nautankis...I have always loved their banters...

Loved how much all brothers have pampered Prinku...that was really sweet gesture from all the brothers...

Wondering where Shivaay went in the middle of the breakfast and all the gang in groups are following him.. hehe.. Om&Mallika , Rudy&Saumya...

Lovely update as usual

Will be waiting for next update !

Thank you for you comments!:) glad you liked it!
Shivay will do something typical and unexpected of him.
Mummyoftwo2012 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Just found ur story and read all the chapters in one evening.
I'm loooving it. The characters are the same but so different.
Love they way you write. U really draw the reader into the story and make them a part of it..!
Will love to read the next part soon.
writerff thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mummyoftwo2012

Just found ur story and read all the chapters in one evening.
I'm loooving it. The characters are the same but so different.
Love they way you write. U really draw the reader into the story and make them a part of it..!
Will love to read the next part soon.

Thank you for your comment! Glad you liked the story.
bworm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Lovely update.
The detective duos are back at spying. ...let's see what happens now 
Aniru thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Loved Malika - OM combo and Rumya. I love this version of Rudi in your story. Matured kid. Anika is the Anika who I want in IB. Waiting for next. Keep it up👏
ithihaas thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
waiting for the updates !!! 
writerff thumbnail

Originally posted by: ithihaas

waiting for the updates !!! 

working on it. Hopefully it will be done soon :)
writerff thumbnail

Chapter 25: Mission Accomplished 

"See Sumo, I told you Mallika didi and O can't do anything. They will just stare at Shivay bhaiya doing nothing. We must do something, and I have just the plant. Come!" said Rudy and dragged Saumya with him even before she could get a word in.

True, Mallika and Om were at loss about what do, correction, they knew what was to be done, but now they were exasperated. The reason for their exasperation was now currently pacing the kitchen floor. Mallika was sure Shivay would cook up something for Anika. She was so sure she went ahead and wagered with Om to pick his floral artist for her wedding. She lost, well was so damn close to losing. Om and Mallika had followed Shivay from the breakfast area all the up to his private kitchen. They had to be extra sneaky, for Shivay the cat had the ears of a rabbit. They saw him go in and reach out for his phone. He keyed in something, gave whatever flashed on his phone a moment's consideration and reached out for a potato. And then Mallika looked at Om and smiled. But just then, Shivay took that potato and flung it across the kitchen where it landed with a dull thump. Shaking his head he called for some one, "What was dadi served for breakfast?" he barked. "Sir, she didnt want any. She had some fruit and juice." came a frightened reply. "Ok, but what was prepared for her?" probed Shivay, trembling now the voice answered "N..Nothing sir, "Why? demanded Shivay, "Sir she said that the samosas from last night made her full, so she canceled breakfast orders. However, when we insisted like you instructed us to, she agreed to juice and fruit. We fortified the juice with additional vitamins that you insist on to ensure she gets in some nutrition." "Ok, go now!" thundered Shivay. "Hell, I am not cooking for her!" he thundered. Now it was Om's turn to smile at Mallika and plaster a "I told you so look on his face." But to confuse them both, he began pacing and that is exactly what caused them to get confused first, step away from exasperation. Shivay pressed a button and barked again "Whats our lunch menu?", "Sir, we are having shrimp vol au vents, chicken puffs and bruschetta for starters. Fettuccine with alfredo chicken, salt crusted salmon and pomme souffles for mains. Dessert is creme brle, fruit salad with french vanilla ice cream and birthday cake." "Perfect!" exclaimed Shivay, "Damn it!" he said realizing the cause for concern, "There is nothing Indian on the menu!" he exclaimed "S..Sir,.. do you want Indian food?" answered the now shocked cook. "Yes, arrange for some roti and sabzi" he spat the order out. "But...but..sir, I can't cook Indian food" trembled the cook. "I know that, contact my mother's cook" ordered Shivay, "But sir, he has his day off. Your mother instructed that she would be dining out the whole day and so she let him have the day off." "Ridiculous!" thundered Shivay and turned the communication off. And then began to pace, thereby exasperating Om and Mallika. 

"If only he cooked some on his own!" whispered Mallika. "Oh its not cooking that is the issue here. It is his pride and definitely something else. The very fact that he is thinking about food for Anika says a lot!" whispered back Om. "What do you think he will do?" asked Mallika. "No clue!" said Om. After further pacing, it seemed like Shivay made a decision. He turned to his phone again and called, "Saumya, a friend of mine needs restaurant recommendations, can you suggest a good place for upscale indian food. Actually, hold that, regular indian food?..great ok!...thanks!." Armed with a number Shivay called and terrorized another cook mid morning. "Send couple of your specials to the Oberoi Mansion. Security will meet you at gate B and take care of things from there. What?... I don't know vegetarian or non vegetarian, ...what do mental people eat?I mean, send both" and with that Shivay hung up and smashed that phone as well.                    ***************************************************************************

"Sumo listen, it is a great idea, just think about it. We have Prinku's bday as a cover. Why not add another party to the mix?Just us youngsters and Shivay bhaiya. Once we get people into the mood of things, I will serve out Rudy's special punch!" finished Rudy with a flourish.

"But, do you think Shivay bhaiya will just join a party?and that too yours?" asked Saumya. "Ha why not...wait..why are you..?" "Its a call you idiot!" exclaimed Saumya gesturing towards her phone. "Look, its bhaiya!. Hi Bhaiya,...oh...sure...how about "khansama excellent Indian fare...Sure...Love you..Bye!."

"What did he say?what did he say?" asked Rudy now tugging at Saumya's arm. "Hold on Cry Baby, he wanted Indian restaurant recommendations for some friend. Don't you think that is strange?" asked Saumya. "What is so strange?" began Rudy. "Think now, Oberoi group is huge and owns several restaurants and related properties. Now I know bhaiya is not particularly in charge of the hotel business, that is Chote papa's but he must know off them. Yet, he wanted recommendations, and that too,...not upscale,..hmm" paused Saumya.

"Even more reasons to have the party!" declared Rudy. "But,...how...?" began Saumya, "We can distract him at the party. Get him in another space for just enough to get him away from his phone. We can go through his phone for clues then." said Rudy. "That is A-grade dumb Rudy, but, I agree, we could distract him. We won't get anything on his phone. But the distraction may be used for something else." said Saumya, "But how do we convince them and particularly him for the party?" she added quickly. "Well, I can't believe I am saying this, but we must ask Lady Baba to make it happen. She must be useful for something!" said Rudy. "That is rude. She will be your Bhabi" said Saumya. "But he doesn't love her, and she is not right for him!" said Rudy petulantly. "Like you would know!" muttered Saumya. "What did you say Sumo?" asked Rudy with an edge in his voice. "Nothing Rudy, let us go talk to Tia and ask nicely," said Saumya.

***************************************************************

"Tia, think about it. We can party, we can also have a small tarot card reading for everyone. Would you like to do that?I have been meaning to get my cards read by you." said Saumya brightly. "Hmmm,..." considered Tia. "Sure, Ok! Great plan actually. But, Rudy, I will insist if I must help, I will read your cards first!" said Tia. "Sure Lady Baba, I mean Tia. But do pick up a fight with Shivay bhaiya. You almost never oppose him for anything" said Rudy.

"Well, actually that the hard part. Shivay baby is always so sweet to me. Also I am a little scared of him. How do I do that?" said Tia genuinely hesitant. "Actually Tia I have an idea!" said Saumya. "I get it that you don't actually want to fight with Shivay bhaiya, and I know someone who can help you with that," smirked Saumya and proceeded to explain her plan to Tia and Rudy.

"That sounds great Sumo!" exclaimed Rudy and hugged her. "Thats why I love you!" he added. "If only you did" thought Saumya smiling painfully at him.

*****************************************************************

"Prinku, where are the rest?" asked Anika. "Even Tia gave us the slip!" she added. "No, idea!Anika are you seriously not hungry?I can order you some breakfast or how about another piece of cake?" asked Prinku. "I already had two huge slices!" exclaimed Anika. "I am fine, besides any more cake and I will erupt!" said Anika. "Ok, let us call Mallika and ask them where they are!" said Prinku. 

"Hey Mallika, where are all of you?Saumya and Rudy took off. Then Tia as well. Anika and I were wondering whats up?" enquired Prinku. "Oh...you found Tia,...you guys are heading out here?Wait no lets meet in my room." said Prinku.

"Lets go Anika!" said Prinku.                           *****************************************************************

"Saumya do you think this plan will work?Anika is generally very calm and collected, she doesn't go picking fights with people. Part of her profession makes sure she sees through most bullshit" said Mallika. "Yes, but I am sure now the circumstances are different, she sees Tia as a friend, she will help her." said Saumya implying that "She picks fights with Shivay bhaiya cause she finds it fun."

"Ok then!" said Mallika nodding in understanding.

Anika and Prinku walked in to see Saumya and Tia fawning over something in Mallika's phone. "Whats happening girls? asked Prinku. "Oh Prinku look at the villa Sid bhaiya booked for their honeymoon!" exclaimed Saumya. "Oh wow, so beautiful" said Prinku. "What about you guys Tia?" asked Saumya. "Oh well, I don't know, Shivay did not say anything about it." said Tia beginning to sound sad. Honestly she was enjoying herself, after all these days she was being included in something. 

"Why Tia, Shivay certainly must know where you want to go, right?" said Mallika. "Oh, hmm he doesn't well he did not, well actually we did not plan anything about the wedding" said Tia rather sadly. "Oh wow, Planner Singh Oberoi did not plan out your wedding?" asked Anika in disbelief. "Umm, sorry I didn't meant that" she added apologetically looking towards Tia. Smiling and winking at each other Mallika and Saumya continued with, "No, I am sure he has something planned. It will be a surprise. Shivay plans ahead for everything."

"Yeah, I am sure. I am sure he will pick some place nice." added Tia. "No, but Tia where is it that you really want to go?" asked Anika. "I, umm, I always wanted to go some place with a lot of positive light and energy. Like a nordic hot spa resort. So many wonderful ways to connect with your soul and cleanse your spirit." finished Tia rather wistfully. "Then, you must tell him that!" said Anika decidedly. "I am sure the Baghaad Billa has no understanding of positive energy of spirit cleanses" she said and was rather unsure about what it was herself. "Actually, I agree with Anika" chimed in Mallika. "You must go tell him now!" she said with a nod.

"I, umm, .. Ok!" said Tia. "We will accompany you for support!Lets go. We will hang around outside his room as you guys talk. Need any help, say the word Tia!" said Mallika.

*******************************************************

With some hesitation Tia knocked on Shivay's door. She never came up her much. Rudy made it quite evident he didn't like sharing the Oberoi brothers with her, particularly Shivay. Besides, Shivay himself never made any show of wanting her there. True, he was polite and courteous, he would reprimand Rudy and on some rare occasions even Om when they were rude or disrespectful to her. He gave her respect, but that was it. There was no friendship or love. It was always too formal. But she was not the one to think of all this. Besides, Robin did assure her that Shivay has her best interests at heart. Now waiting for Shivay to open his door she was beginning to feel like a fool to have let Saumya and Mallika talk her into this plan. She was about to leave when the doors opened and Shivay stepped out flanked by his brothers. Saumya had set it up so that Rudy and Om would be around to control any unexpected outburst. They were prepared for the expected ones.

"Hi Shivay baby, I was hoping we could talk a little. I wanted to ask you about something." said Tia. "Sure, Tia" ever the gentleman Shivay made a move to lead her inside. "Oh, no Shivay, we could just talk about this here. I don't need to come in." said Tia. That was the plan, outside she knew her girl pals were hiding behind pillars and would make their appearances as planned to support her. Inside, well she wouldn't risk that. "Ok, Tia! Whats up?" asked Shivay. "I was wondering if we could discuss our honeymoon" she said calmly. "Here?" asked Shivay quirking an eyebrow. "Well, your brothers won't mind. Besides, O bros know everything right?" said Tia sweetly. "Umm, Ok!" said Shivay beginning to smell something fishy, but Tia was not the one to pull mean tricks. Hell the woman was quite dumb. "Shivay baby, I want to honeymoon in a nordic spa." stated Tia. "Well, Tia, we can't have a honeymoon because I have businesses to run. Besides the Oberoi family needs me here." stated Shivay plainly. "But, Shivay" began Om, "Honeymoon is a legit thing to do after a wedding. I am sure your businesses can run without you for a few days and we will be fine if you left for a few days." "No, I can't live without Shivay bhaiya!" added Rudy, lest he make Shivay suspicious. "See!" said Shivay. "But, Shivay baby" said Tia rather forlornly, "I don't mean to get you away from your family..., but...". "Hey guys whats up?" asked Mallika as she just casually walked in with Anika. "Lady baba wants a honeymoon Shivay bhaiya is saying No!" said Rudy quickly before anyone could say anything. "Oh come on Shivay!" said Mallika with the perfect amount of outrage, "What is wrong with you?. Beginning to sense the danger of the situation he was in, Shivay thought quickly and said, "Ok fine, we will go. I can work from my New York office.  Tia we will go to NYC" said Shivay. "But she wants a nordic spa!" interjected Om. "Oh come on!" said Shivay and just as he said that, he saw Anika roll her eyes. "And why are you rolling your eyes?" he demanded. "My eyes, my wish!" she said. "Don't you pull that one on me. Why are you rolling your eyes?" he demanded. "Oh please billuji, clearly you are not so bright as everyone thinks you are. If you want ice cream and I gave you pave bhaji would you be happy? Tia wants a nor..nordic spa not NYC. I always knew you were slow. 12 badams every morning will fix that. All is not lost" said Anika. "Don't you dare!" Shivay thundered, "besides this concerns Tia and I who are you to talk about this?." "Well, I did not. You asked why I rolled my eyes and I told you. Simple!" said Anika.

Temper rising, Shivay wanted to get out of this situation as well as get away from Anika and so he said "Actually you need to clear out. Why the hell are you in my house?" he demanded. "Shivay, stop it. Remember Prinku's birthday?" said Om firmly. Damn it! thought Shivay. "Actually Om, I think I will get going. I am done with Billuji's madness." said Anika and made a move to leave. "No Anika! stop!" said Tia taking Anika's arm. "Shivay, this is really wrong. Not wanting to go on a honeymoon is one thing, insulting Anika when she clearly didn't say anything without being asked is another thing. I think you should apologize to her." said Tia. "Hell no!" thundered Shivay. "Tia, we can talk about this later in private. I promise I will get back to you on this."

Completely off script thought Rudy, Om, Mallika and Tia. They did not even mention the party yet. "Where are you going baby?" asked Tia as Shivay made a movement to leave. "I am heading out to work, my house is too crowded today." he said aiming an ice cold stare at Anika. "Come on Shivay, its about lunch time, plus we have a party planned out in the evening. I am reading cards for everyone." said Tia. "Tia come on. You know I don't care about all this!" said Shivay. "Come on Shivay, you can't do this for Tia?for Prinku?" asked Om in a way that guilt tripped Shivay. "Clearly Billuji has a problem with me. I wouldn't want him to leave on my account." quipped Anika now turning to head down the stairs. In a swift move, Shivay caught her arm, the one with the bracelet, tugging her towards him so that their eyes were level he said "Shivay Sing Oberoi doesn't make decisions for you. This is my house. I will stay for lunch and the party. It has nothing to do with you!," with that he released her arm and strode inside his room. 

Having achieved what they want, if not exactly how they wanted it the rest deemed it wise to leave as well. "Come on girls, lets go." said Mallika leading Tia and Anika away. 

"Mission accomplished!" texted Rudy to Saumya as Om went to join Shivay."We will have fun this evening!" thought Rudy and smiled to himself.

Edited by writerff - 6 years ago
samiksha1993 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Prinku the best thing about your story is the playfulness that eminates from it's every single word, automatically one starts smiling while reading it. The interaction between Rudra or Sumo is simply so cute like two little over grown fighting ...even though I find her edging towards being rude and Rudy towards being actually dumb as she calls him. 
The way he says I don't want Shivay bhaiya to leave me... I was like awww baby bear cannot let his papa bear go...you make me as a reader enjoy a few extra minutes of long lost juvenile insanity and innocence. 

And that Shivay ki tadi ...I dont make decisions because of you...Sure you don't and the Sun does not rise in East.😆

Om and Mallika so apt together and I could So imagine Tia looking for a holiday at a nordic spa.
I am still not clear on Robin and Tia's relation are they on same footing as they were in the show? I am sorry if it was already mentioned and I have forgotten it.😳

The poor poor potato ...I am looking forward to the lunch. Great writng...every word is downright entertaining. 👏👏
Edited by samiksha1993 - 6 years ago
AnonMSK thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thank you so much for giving such a nice elaborate update. Loved Tia also for a change. Excited to see what the clan has planned for shivika