Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

writerff thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago

Chapter16: Misgivings, Misunderstandings and New Beginnings.

"Excuse me?Mr Oberoi?" said Anika bewildered, "Joke?there is one?" she added.

Moving closer, with the piece of paper in hand, Shivay said "A bill for a phone that costs 1500 Rupees??what kind of a made up store is this?what kind of a phone is this?".

Silence reigned as Anika calmly took out her phone from her bag. Kaylani's mind was on an overdrive. She was genuinely curious at what was happening. "Why did Billu care about the phone?". Jahnvi was perplexed "What the cause for anger here?". She knew Shivay's temper and how short it was. Shivay was Tej version 2.0. Probably thats why she connected with him regardless of the fact that she raised him. "Ah!" thought Pinky, "I get it! he never saw something that cheap, but well, its best if he didn't make a big deal of it. It is a cheap phone, he can afford to pay for it, wonder why he is angry?" she mused. "Oh No! What now???" thought Om and Prinku at once, turning to each other with confusion etched on every facial feature.

"Here you go Mr Oberoi!" said Anika, handing him over her phone, "It is the very model you broke. So rest assured I am not cheating you. Oh! and I know you will suspect that claim, so here" she said handing him a zip lock bag, "Parts from my previous phone that you broke. Umm, so what exactly is funny?" she added.

Shivay was stumped. He did not see such a phone before. It was not a smart phone, that was evident. Looking incredulously at Anika, he wondered, who ever used a phone like this?How technologically challenged was she?. Before he could stop himself "You don't use a smart phone?" he blurted. "No!" said Anika, "I am smart enough for both of us!" she declared smiling at her phone. "Both of you?" quizzed Shivay, he was genuinely puzzled. "Yeah, my phone Champak' and I!" she responded in a tone which Shivay didn't know was mocking him or genuinely stating a fact. Purchasing her escape from Shivay's stunned silence, she turned to the rest of the bewildered group and said "I shall take my leave now. Jahnvi aunty,  shall I see you tomorrow then?". "No you won't!" said Shivay, having recovered from being caught off guard, the sneer was back. "You have no place in our home, do not even think about meeting badi ma again!" he said. "Shivay!" said Jahnvi, in a patient and soothing tone, "Do not talk to Anika like that. She is helping me in a project, and I think I decide who works with me, correct?". "But badi Ma," began Shivay, "I would have hired the best person in whatever area you want her help in, if you just informed..", "Shivay" said Jahnvi cutting him off mid sentence, "I want Anika to help me organize Mahi's charity event. I like her work and I think she will do a remarkable job". Shivay would not be pacified. 

"But badi Ma!, I was going to hire the best event manager for it. In fact they were going to contact your office and set up a meeting soon. And you" he said turning towards Anika, "Where did you get your management degree from?" he inquired. "I do not have a degree in management" said Anika. "This is ridiculous!" exclaimed Shivay, "She is not even qualified. The next thing we know, she is copying someone's ideas and we have fraud to deal with, again!". "Are you questioning my ability to conduct business Shivay?" asked Jahnvi quietly. In an instant, annoyance gone Shivay was on guard "No badi Ma, I did not mean that. I mean.." he stuttered. "It is decided Shivay, Anika will help me" said Jahnvi decidedly. "Also Billu, what have I taught you about treating guests with respect?" chimed Kalyani. "I noticed that this is the third time that you have forgotten your manners around Anika. I think you should make it up for that." she said. Shivay was now seeing red. "Who the hell is she?" he thought. He couldn't say no to his dadi, but he wouldn't be nice to her either. 

Turning to Anika he said "As an employee of the Oberoi group, even though you work for Badi ma's office, I can fire you anytime your work does not adhere to the ethics and code of conduct of the Oberoi group". Anika giggled at this, infuriating him further. "I assure you Mr Oberoi, I will not be breaking any rules. I know better than to break rules. Besides I am not an employee, this is purely me helping out." she said. "Thank god! for that. The fact that you are not even qualified makes me question, what exactly you know. I guess your work will speak for itself then" he remarked with disgust. "How can someone not literate have such brilliant eyes?" mused his head. Anika could not help but laugh at the humor in the situation. "Mr Oberoi, I  .." she began. "Tales of your supposed competence do not interest me!" he said and strode out of the room. He should not have. He should have waited to hear Anika explain that she was a lawyer. He would eventually find that out, but not under the best of circumstanced. But that would not happen any time soon.

"Sorry about this Anika," began Jahnvi. Waving her hand and nodding her hand dismissively, Anika said "Please do not apologize Jahnvi aunty, I am sort of used to this by now. Mr Oberoi clearly loves jumping to conclusions. I do not hold it against him. I see why dadi calls him Billu though" she said her tone dripping with mirth. "And why is that?" asked an amused Kalyani. Turning to dadi, Anika said "Because he is like an angry blue eyed cat, meaowing in anger and thrashing his tail around" she said. Kaylani laughed, "No, I used to call Prithviji Billu and Shivay's the only one with his eyes". "Sorry dadi!" said Anika. "Don't be putter, what you said is also true!" she said. That diffused the situation. All of them laughed at it and Anika took her leave.

*********************************************************************************

"Do you believe me now Jahnvi?" asked Kalyani, once the two ladies got time to be just by themselves. "I think so mummyji, but Pinky..." said Jahnvi. "She will come around too!" assured Kalyani. "But Shivay..., this will be hard. He is like Tej" said Jahnvi. "But Anika is not Jahnvi!" said Kalyani softly. The younger woman looked up, she could see pain in the older woman's eyes. The same pain that reflected in her own eyes. "I hope she doesn't become Jahnvi!" said the younger woman bitterly.

***********************************************************************************

"So Anika didi will be coming here more often?So cool!" exclaimed Rudy. "Why did I miss this again?" he said ruefully. "Because dumbell you were too busy Skyping with your lady love!" said Om. "How is Bhavya?" he asked. "Good O!, she started Krav Maga!" he said. "Hmm! Are you sure she loves you?" he asked suddenly, his tone all serious. "Of course she does O!" said Rudy sounding more confident than he actually was. "Anyway, must see how Shivay bhaiya loses it around Anika didi" he said, "Or maybe finds it!" said Om pensively. 

***********************************************************************************

"I will get to see her again!" said his heart excited. "She is not even educated!" exclaimed Shivay's mind, shocked. "Enough!" screamed Shivay at no one in particular. "I will conquer this!" he said as he jumped into the pool.             **********************************************************************************

"What a Billu!" remarked Anika, as she finished recounting the tale to Sahil. "You mean what a Bagaad Billa?!" said Sahil cracking up. "Yes that!" said Anika joining in the laughter.

Edited by writerff - 6 years ago
SMRUTIP thumbnail
loved it but want more. update next one soon pl.
samiksha1993 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Arrey Yaar 1500 ka phone only!! of course that would be a bummer for him and Boy Anika is surely as smart as the two of them. 
👏
writerff thumbnail

Originally posted by: SMRUTIP

loved it but want more. update next one soon pl.

Thank you! Will try to update soonish. The next chapter is going to be big, so it is
taking some time to write.
bworm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hahaha. .that was Awesome.
Loved the billu explanation.
writerff thumbnail

Originally posted by: bworm

Hahaha. .that was Awesome.

Loved the billu explanation.

Thank you!
ithihaas thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Shivaay is so angry at the mere sight of Anika and tries to put her down at every opportunity... Hmm...his mind vs heart ... 
He is yet to keep that she is a lawyer...
I am looking forward for their more banters after she comes to Oberoi Mansion...
Written so well... Waiting for next updates...
writerff thumbnail
Thank you!
writerff thumbnail

Originally posted by: ithihaas

Shivaay is so angry at the mere sight of Anika and tries to put her down at every opportunity... Hmm...his mind vs heart ... 

He is yet to keep that she is a lawyer...
I am looking forward for their more banters after she comes to Oberoi Mansion...
Written so well... Waiting for next updates...

Thank you!
sosweetsumi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
oh god anika description of billu is outstanding and her phone bit haha champak was hilarious
please do continue
bye sumi