Drabble || The Late Night Drive ||

infinity-flame thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
DRABBLE

The Late Night Drive

Whatever I do, I can't seem to fall asleep and just end up staring at the ceiling. It has been years, years since I fell for her. But every night, it keeps bothering me.

Why can't I just confess to her right away and end all my doubts? I know I have no chance with her. I don't even know if Ishita likes me so I have no idea how she will react if I tell her about how I feel to her. She might reject me, but at least I already told her. At least it won't bother me anymore.

I think it's a rushed decision but I can't keep sleeping late like this just because of one question. So, I stood up and got my phone from my bedside table and called her number.

"Hello?" I heard Ishita's voice and I immediately smiled. Oh God..! I'm insane.

"Hi." I whispered. I noticed that my voice was hoarse. I hope she could hear me.

"Hey, Raman. What's up?"

"Are you busy?" I asked her and she chuckled.

"Not really."

"Are you up for a midnight drive around the city?"

"Sure!"

And that's why we're on my car right now. Me, driving and, her, staring outside.

"So why did you call me?" She started talking and I could feel myself shaking in nervousness.

This is why I never confessed. Every time I'm gonna do it, I just tremble in nervousness.

"Something keeps bothering me every time I try to go to sleep." I said and she touched my shoulders.

"You can tell me anything, you know." She said and I smiled sadly at the road.

It's you. I wanted to say but I guess that's being too fast.

"Before that, let's talk about other things." I said and she understood.

"Well, my day was..."

Hearing her voice this close always makes the butterfly in my tummies freak out. Every single time. I can't believe this. And it's just her voice.

I turned for a while just to look at her face but I shouldn't have because she was smiling that smile where I can see her dimples while she was talking about something funny that happened.

It distracted me so much. I just want to touch her face.

I shook my head and sticked my attention on the road.

"What about your day, Raman?" Ishita suddenly asked and I thought of what I'll say.

I just hanged out with Shagun for the entire day. Should I tell her that?

Why shouldn't I tell Ishita? Am I really thinking that she'll feel jealous? She doesn't even care with who I hang out with in the first place.

"I was with Shagun the whole day at college."

"Oh, cool." She smiled at me but I sensed something wrong with her smile.

I shook my head. It must be my imagination.

Clearly, Ishita won't be jealous. She doesn't feel anything to me other than being friends. And the three of us are friends too. So there's no need to be jealous.

"So now, Raman . Why did you call me?" Ishita asked.

"I wanted to hang out with you because it has been too long ever since we were together." I wanted to slap myself because I really sounded like I have a crush on her.

"You mentioned that you can't sleep." She said, keeping her chuckles, "I don't think it's because of me." She was laughing now.

That was not it but you're wrong too, it's because of you. I wanted to say but I couldn't.

When I looked outside the window, I saw that we were close to the seaside so I stopped the car and opened the window.

"I almost forgot that you like beaches that much." I was not looking at Ishita but I could feel her smiling while saying that.

"Have you eaten dinner?" I asked her.

"Yep. What about you?"

I shook my head, "I forgot to eat."

"Well, it's past 12 now and I guess kinda hungry so let's eat first." She offered and I nodded.

We went to a nearby convenience store to buy some cup noodles, junk foods and went back to the seaside just to sit there and chill.

"Tell me now."

"No, I won't." I said, sipping on my noodles.

"Why? This is why you called me, right?" Ishita asked and I smiled at her.

"Let's catch up on each other's lives." I said and I wanted to beat myself up from letting a chance slip away.

I looked at her, under the moonlight her face was shining and she was looking damn beautiful, I couldn't move my eyes from her when she asked, "What are you looking?"

I moved my eyes from her. God Raman..! What are you doing..! I again looked at her and find her staring at me confuse. I smiled and pointed my finger at her lower lip. "What?"

"Wait..!" I slightly leaned on her face and rubbed my thumb on her lower lip as there was a piece of noodle, I showed her. "Oh thanks." She smiled, I too smile.

After we were done eating, we drove around again.

"You're so random, Raman. Seriously." Ishita muttered, yawning.

"You wanna go home now?" I said.

Another wasted chance. ANOTHER WASTED CHANCE OF CONFESSING, RAMAN.

"Yeah." Ishita said while rubbing her eyes.

She's so cute. This is all your fault, Raman. Why you're suffering this quietly.

"Let me drive you home." Okay that's it. This drive is such a waste, I hate it. But I guess not really.

I did get to talk to her for a long while. Get to eat with her. Get to go to my favorite place with her.

I guess this drive isn't that bad.

I stopped right in front of her apartment.

"Good night, Ishita. Thanks for bearing with my randomness." I said, unlocking the door of my car.

"I guess it's my turn to be random, huh." Ishita said and I was honestly confused.

She started standing up and then reached over me.

What she did next was beyond my expectations.

She kissed my cheeks.. She kissed my cheeks. She kissed me. Oh my god, she kissed me. Ishita kissed me. My long time crush kissed me. The person I love kissed me. On the cheek. I can't...

"Hey." I noticed that she was staring at me with a smile.

"I thought that you would confess tonight, Raman. So I planned to confess to you too. But you didn't and I can't go on anymore without telling you my feelings. Yes, I like you so much, Raman. For a while now. And I was waiting for you to make the first move and you..."

I kissed her. I kissed her on the lips. And I didn't stop. I kissed her passionately and I didn't want to stop.

When we let go of each other, I just stared at her and then at her lips, we shared beautiful eye lock.

"That's too much for one night, Raman." I can see Ishita's sly smile at me.

"You liked it anyway." I said, touching her lips with my thumb.

"I did." She took my hand and held it between her, "I'm getting sleepy, Raman."

"Go." I whispered, pecking her forehead.

"Bye, Raman!" She kissed my cheeks again and then exited the car.

"Bye." I winked at her making her go red.

After reaching home, I laid on the bed but sleep was far away from my eyes, finally I got her in my life and the night was the best ever night for me.

I was tossing and turning on my bed and finally being irritated, I sat back. I just looked at the clock, it was around 2 AM. I called her again.

"Hello?" I heard her voice and I immediately smiled.

Oh god, I'm insane.

"Hi." I whispered, looking at her name on my phone.

"Hey, Raman. What's up? You called me so late?"

"I guess you aren't feeling sleepy like me. Well are you busy?" I asked Ishita and she chuckled.

"Not really."

"Are you up for a midnight drive around the city with your boyfriend then?" I asked her while grinning.

"Gosh, you're so random." She laughed and I laughed with her.

"Just say yes, jaan."

"Fine." She said with a sly smile on her face, I guess.

Just a short drabble. Hope you all will like it and do comment.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

divan19 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Datz a super cute update...
With super cute confession...
Mdwst thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Good...it's different 
threeta thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Cute os but different one.Thanks for updating
aymin thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Wht a lovely confession 
Awesome 
PremPBSB thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome update...
Raman want to confess his feeling toward ishita but keep on deny it bzcos nervous. Ishita confess her love by kissing raman after seeing his way...lovely update...thank u for pm & update
fSharm thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Superb..
Lovely update...
subhaa116 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Awesome one...
So much light hearted...
And Ishita bold nature...

That was seriously unexpected one...