🏏 IPL 2024 ~ Match N 28 KKR vs LSG at Eden Gardens @3.30 PM IST 🏏 - Page 35

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 1 months ago

A blistering knock from Phil Salt takes KKR to a comprehensive win at Eden Gardens. The target was below par as it is, and he made sure LSG had no chance of defending it. The bowling was mostly wayward from the visitors, except Mohsin Khan, and Salt took proper toll. In contrast, KKR were right on the money earlier in the afternoon. Mitchell Starc was good with new ball, and also at the death, while Sunil Narine bowled another brilliant spell of 1/17, building up so much pressure on a timid LSG lineup.On a good pitch to bat on, there wasn't enough intent to score quickly until it was too late, leaving Pooran with too much to do again to try and get to a competitve score.He tried but they were still plenty short on that wicket.

Edited by Prizi - 1 months ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

Yes, you are right.  Pooran for 6s

Savera84 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Prizi

giving you point? 

No I did not select him nor I selected Starky.  One of them would get PoTM.

Cheers..

Originally posted by: Savera84

No I did not select him nor I selected Starky.  One of them would get PoTM.

Cheers..

that's salt for sure

Bacillusbadius thumbnail

Sunrisers Hyderabad

Thank you Starc for giving me 50 pointssmiley37

Originally posted by: Bacillusbadius

Thank you Starc for giving me 50 pointssmiley37

he gave me so many dhokas bas ab toh isko pick karne se bhi darti hu

Edited by Prizi - 1 months ago

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Congratulations to KKR for their Salty victory!!!

It should be star studded salty victory smiley37

KL Rahul | LSG skipper: One of those days, it was a proper hammering. Games like these are tough to digest and we have seen in IPL and every team goes through that. We will try and work out what went wrong and come back better. The ball started nipping around a lot more in the second innings, the shots that we played in the first innings, didn't execute well and kept losing wickets in bunches and we could have got a lot more runs and that's where we missed and lost the game. He (Shamar Joseph) is bowling pretty quick, Shamar was very excited and wanted to bowl fast, sprayed it around a little bit but that happens when you are playing your first game in the IPL. He needs to work on consistency in line and length, obviously got the ball to swing and seam around in the powerplay. Not panicking (about back-to-back losses), need to figure out where we went wrong and the last couple of games we haven't been able to get past 160 and that's something we want to see and be better at it.

Sunil Narine - I think the situation of the game, we started well in the PP, keep it as tight as possible and see what happens in the end (on his bowling mantra). Some games it happens, some times it doesn't, but once you're in some control, it becomes easier. 2 out of 2 (on the wins at home), the boys are keen and everyone are enjoying it. Once you enjoy, you'll have some fun. Probably the figures don't show, he was unlucky (on Shamar Joseph), he bowled 4 overs, he kept going, showed some energy and that's a positive. He's played well in every game (on Phil Salt), has shown some fine form and hopefully he'll keep going and get some big runs. I will be watching it from home, Badree (when asked if he would want to comeback for the T20 World Cup).

This is the first win for KKR against LSG in four IPL matches. The three previous encounters between these sides had been won by the side batting first. This is aslo the sixth consecutive victory for the chasing team in a day game at Eden Gardens.