Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Peppermint55 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 months ago

Thnk u for the tag 😊

This is the first evening game of the IPL at this venue. 63m and 70m side boundaries while the straight boundary is at 72m. This looks like a similar pitch to the day game that was played here, the pitch looks rock hard and it does look like a 200-run surface. There's an even covering of grass, the power packed SRH batting line-up will enjoy playing here. Plenty of runs here tonight, not much dew expected either. Another high scoring affair, reckon Deep Das Gupta and Simon Katich, in their pitch report

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4

Sunrisers Hyderabad

Originally posted by: KJasoosChulbulP

Achaaa hain. Kal grahan thaaa. Hope uska lingering effect na ho aur roshan rahey aaj 🤣

i think there is no grahan in Bharat smiley36

There will be plenty of familiar faces across both camps. Jonny Bairstow and Shikhar Dhawan, who will likely open for the Punjab Kings tonight, donned the SRH orange once upon a time. Shashank Singh, PBKS' hero against the Gujarat Titans, and who made headlines at the auction (for no fault of his), like Bairstow, also made his IPL debut for SRH.

Flip it around, and Mayank Agarwal was one of two players PBKS retained ahead of the 2022 mega auction, only to be released a year later. Aiden Markram was not retained at all and found his way to SRH, where he has become a vital cog.

Shashank Singh - I felt good on that day (on his match-winning knock against Gujarat Titans), my family and friends were happy. The best part of it was that we won the match, an away match against the Gujarat Titans. But we have an important game today, we had a good net session and we're ready for the match. I've previously been with Delhi Capitals and Rajasthan Royals, I didn't get to play any match, but the experience gained was good. There were some greats of the game with Steve Smith being in Rajasthan. Last year, I played for the Sunrisers and I got to spend some time with Brian Lara. He changed my mindset. I wasn't part of any team last year, but I worked hard in domesticcricket. I've been with Chattisgarh for the last five years, have played red-ball cricketand I have brought that temperamenthere. I consider myself as a batter who can bowl a bit. Lara said that despite batting at 7, I shouldn't think that I'm a slogger, that's the kind of good experience for me. This is a new venue, but this is a good wicket, a flat track, the ball comes nicely onto the bat, the bounce is even and I can say that this is a boundary hitting venue.

Aiden Markram - It was an important win (on the CSK match), gives good vibes and helps us to try and build some momentum going forward in a tournament like this. A lot of our success has some from that (the success of their openers), the three of them have been massive for us. Pretty easy (on his job), happy to float around, do whatever needed, obviously you don't want to waste a guy like Heinrich (Klaasen) too much, so whenever we're in a position to get him early, I'm fine with that for the team. We've been fortunate, have a nice schedule, good breaks between games. That'll allow us to be refreshed, travel and be fresh going into a game.

Manavi_kesari thumbnail

Sunrisers Hyderabad

Happy Ugadi 

RainOfDew thumbnail

BM

Nick: "You feel if Bairstow doesn't score runs today, he might get replaced" -- He has not gone big so far this IPL but he has looked in decent touch in his last two games. Maybe tonight's the night...

Manavi_kesari thumbnail

Sunrisers Hyderabad