If asked, will Dhruv agree on staying in 17th century with Tara?

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 months ago

So far we have seen Dhruv has shown his utmost love and loyalty to Tara. For Dhruv, Tara comes before his own family. He has gone blind in love for Tara. Same can't be said about Tara, as she still prioritizes her rajpariwar and "rajdharm" over Dhruv. 

Then if the royal family tells him to marry Tara but still live in the 17th century as ghar jamai, will he agree? Will Dhruv be ready to leave his family for Tara? This issue has been raised two times in the show once by Mahaveer and second time by Maharaj. They both want Dhruv and his family to come and live in the 17th century. 

Its actually the biggest problem for Dhruv and Tara's love story. Not senapati or navrangwan. Who would be ready to leave their life and family behind? Who would make the ultimate sacrifice?  It will definitely be addressed in the future. When this show started, I didn't expect the storyline to go where it went. 

I expected a sad ending for the couple, where Dhruv and Tara stay in their eras but love each other forever. But the way the story has panned out, and seeing them struggle so much for their love, it'll be stupid to give them a sad ending now. 

Yes, Sushila is very obsessive about her son. And Dhruv's family will miss him. But Tara's family will also miss her. It'll be so difficult for Tara to adjust in the 21st century. She has no knowledge about modern technology or society. She'll be like a kid who needs to be taught everything. Can she be a doctor in 21st century? She never went to school. Doesn't have a degree. 

Tara has no problem going to 21st century with Dhruv because she's not thinking much about it? Also because that is what is expected from her as a woman. She's just following the traditions. But Dhruv changed so many traditions in the 17th century. Will he change one more which is also there in the 21st century?

One more thing I'm wondering about, will navrangwan be closed by the time the show is over, ending the link between the two eras? If they don't do it then it'll be a bit of an open ending. Because they can solve so many problems in the 17th century through time travel. Will be selfish of Dhruv, Tara, and other characters who know about Navrangwan to keep this knowledge to themselves.  

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6

The dream that Dhruv saw has Tara and him being married in the 21st with his family members welcoming them.

Because of the significance these makers seem to have attached to little things like that dream, the only way D-T marry and stay together (IMO) is in the 21st century.

There are obvious practical difficulties in the 21st- while a better time for women in general, it's a very alien period for Tara. I've always thought it would be easier for Dhruv to adjust in the 17th than Tara to do so in the 21st. Ofc that disregard for law and procedures, and handing m-dand like candy is a big drawback for the 17th.

That being said, this being ITV, I don't think the makers will really do justice to the practical part of how the 21st century will be difficult for Tara. They might show one or two tracks, but Tara's character will be made a Mary Sue that solves everything.

Edited by aekiel - 9 months ago
MyDriYa thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7

Hope to Dhruv returns back to 21st century with or without Tara! 

Enough of 17th century stupid tracks!