Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vibha28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 months ago

Originally posted by: aekiel

It depends on where you live, but most actors tend to live in the suburbs, so I'd say it would be a 1.5-2 hour journey one-way by car. Could probably become 3 on bad days (with rain), and there are plenty of rainy days in Mumbai currently.

You could reduce the time significantly if you used public transport (like a train), but they tend to be quite crowded (not to mention the potential class stigma among colleagues and the risk of getting mobbed), so very few actors would use it.

That's a fairly long commute, specially if we take traffic into consideration. Then of course the peak and non peak times too and heavy make up and all, it will take forever to get home.

Is the public transport system good in India? I have seen only pictures and documentaries and I am aware that is not the accurate description but I have never used PT in India so have no clue. 

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: vibha28

That's a fairly long commute, specially if we take traffic into consideration. Then of course the peak and non peak times too and heavy make up and all, it will take forever to get home.

Is the public transport system good in India? I have seen only pictures and documentaries and I am aware that is not the accurate description but I have never used PT in India so have no clue. 

It's very good in some urban places- Mumbai has fantastic last mile connectivity (probably the best of any place in India IMO). Delhi has an excellent metro network. Kolkata is good too.

The rest- not as much IMO. but they're building metros, so hopefully things change in the next decade.

Always maintained that the hallmark of a good city is not where the poor use cars, but where the rich also use public transport ðŸ˜Š

vibha28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: aekiel

It's very good in some urban places- Mumbai has fantastic last mile connectivity (probably the best of any place in India IMO). Delhi has an excellent metro network. Kolkata is good too.

The rest- not as much IMO. but they're building metros, so hopefully things change in the next decade.

Always maintained that the hallmark of a good city is not where the poor use cars, but where the rich also use public transport ðŸ˜Š

That i absolutely agree with that a good city means even the rich use public transport. I detest driving with a passion but I also hate waiting 😂😂 so I pick lesser of the two evils.

I find Australia has an amazing transportation system and I truly loved using the buses and trains there. In States not so much. I remember I waited over 40+ minutes in New Zealand for a bus and that was a nightmare. 

luvzindagi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Chinmayi18

Chalo mera tag waste nahi gaya tumhe tag karne par tum aayi to sahi ðŸ¤—

Warna to ab dikhti hi nahi ho forum par ðŸ˜­

Arre kya karu yaar... Kam itna badh gaya hai ðŸ˜­

Chinmayi18 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: luvzindagi

Arre kya karu yaar... Kam itna badh gaya hai ðŸ˜­

Atleast sunday ko to aaya karo behna forum par mai kitna miss karti hu tumhe pata hai ðŸ˜­

luvzindagi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Chinmayi18

Atleast sunday ko to aaya karo behna forum par mai kitna miss karti hu tumhe pata hai ðŸ˜­

Aaungi aaungi 🤗