Rules & Announcements

Post Revamp : Bugs Fixes (Update 19)

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hi All,

I will be updating on this post on all the Bug Fixes and updates we are making on the site so that all our Development Team is updated.

Update 19 (September 21, 8:56 PM IST)

a) Due to an error the posts per page and topics per page count changed. It has been again restored. Extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Update 18 (September 14, 4:56 PM IST)

a) Preferences settings in the Update Profile page has been fixed. Now it correctly saves the options.

b) Members who are facing the problem with blank posts being shown after your posts please update your Signature as most likely its not saved. This is a temporary solution and we are working on a script which does it automatically and will also be any link or siggies more then 2.

Update 17 (September 12, 7:06 PM IST)

a) Some of the Topics where there were posts made by Guests resulted in increase in page numbers and repeat of posts. The problem has been resolved.

P.S. Thanks Rachu for reporting the issue.

Update 16 (September 11, 11:04 PM IST)

a) Email update has been fixed. We request all members to validate their email accounts to get access to email related features like getting notifications on New Posts, New PMs, when your PMs has been read and most importantly incase you have lost your password it will be easier to find it.
b) Signature issue has been fixed. Now you can even preview your signature before updating whether its showing properly or not. Try to keep the signatures shorter.

c) Update Profile (Member Settings) page error has been fixed which was showing blank page for some members.

Update 15 (August 31, 7:25 PM IST)

a) Now IF-Dazzlers, Videobies, Super Videobies are also coming in the Members Online list on the homepage.

b) Member Group color code has been syncronized on the homepage as well as the forum posts thank you section.

Update 14 (August 31, 5:01 PM IST)

a) Check all option in PM Inbox page has been reinstated.

b) Email PM to oneself is working again.

Update 13 (August 31, 3:15 AM)

a) Attach signature is again working without email verification.

b) For the moderation team we have introduced a new feature where its more easier to keep the forums spam free.

Update 12 (August 30, 11:56 PM)

Well I am extremely sorry that I was not able to update on this thread. However we have been fixing a lot of issues:

a) NOCOPY feature is again working but still its not completely FULL PROOF and would require more research. However this automatically brings a background image to the update and also adds a warning message that this post should not be copied to other sites.

b) The problem with multiple posts / fluctuating page count due to certain posts by users appearing twice has been corrected but there may be instances where it appears for a minute but will be automatically detected and cleared within 60 seconds.

c) As updated earlier Quick link has been brought back.

d) The poll problem has been fixed.

e) Inorder to protect our forum from link spam we do not allow newbies who are having a minimum of 25 posts to post any link.

f) Update profile picture has been sorted.

g) We have even added the "Direct Link" feature that we would recommend all the fan fic writers to use when they make their fanfic index.

Update 11 (July 30, 2008 8:35AM)

a) Well in my post itself the update date was of 1 year back so fixed that problem.

b) Several minor bugs has been fixed in the last 5 days. Including the Profile Update, Pagination issue in PM_unread.asp, Wrong Avatar was coming on the PM_Message.asp.

c) Users who are not able to logon to the forum after the new look please send us a mail to security [at] india-forums.com so that we can assist you.

d) We are no longer allowing fancy nicknames which are not in the range of A-Z,a-z,0-9,_,- for security reasons. Soon we will be automating the request name change.

Sorry for my grammar and spelling mistakes as still fasofied in IF THEN ELSE programming loops...

Update 10 (July 24, 2008 12:45AM IST)

a) Voting in Polls is now working and this time we have better ways to check on multiple votes.

b) Error message while reporting an issue has been fixed.

Update 9 (July 23, 2008 7:45PM IST)

a) Forum Posts page alignment problem fixed. If any member is still facing the same problem please send us a screenshot of the same to bugs [at] india-forums.com or one can post the same here too.

b) PMs can now be marked Unread again.

c) In Post editor the Images popup has now been fixed.

d) Please note many members may be confused that how come it shows 2 different avatars. Please note we display "Animated avatar" only on Forum Posts (where the members are logged in and have set it in the Preferences tab in Settings page) and all other places and guests on the forum we are using the uploaded (square ones)

Update 8 (July 20, 2008 5:40PM IST)

a) There was a bug in the system whereby when a member sends a PM and checks the message in his Outbox it used to mark it as Read message. Which we causing a big confusion among members that some member is reading their PMs. The bug has now been fixed and would like to assure our members that we respect our members privacy and no one in the Development team has access to the PMs of any member.

b) The Private Messenger pages have been now fixed and Inbox, Outbox and PM page is now displaying properly.

c) Based on our members feedback and suggestions we have added a direct link to the Discussion Forum from the TV Channels page.

Update 7 (July 18 2008, 7:30PM IST)

a) Update Profile redone and is now working.

b)  Signatures option is visible on post replies.

c) Moderators functions for Members profile is now working.

Update 6 (July 17 2008, 10:05PM IST)

a) Topic Admin has been fixed

b)  Signatures are back again but it gets active for new posts only when the user has validated and confirmed their email account. This is being done to prevent spam and misuse of the feature.

-- Will be updating the Profile Admin for Development Team tonight from home.

Update 5 (July 17 2008, 2:15PM IST)

a) Moderators Note option is again back.

b) Zero New Messages Popup removed.

c) New Register page fixed.

Update 4  (July 17 2008, 2:15AM IST)

a) YouTube Support added on Posts

b) Sigatures Update in Profile update has been fixed. Signature part will be added tomorrow.

Good nite for today 🙂

Update 3  (July 17 2008, 12:48 AM IST)

a) Warning Meter (increase decrease) Fixed

b) IP is now being shown on posts

Update 2 (July 17 2008, 12:08 AM IST)

a) Thank you button fixed.

b) Topic Admin is now also appearing just beside the Reported Post button on Forum Posts page.

c) Comic Sans is again added to the font list.

Update 1 (July 16 8:30PM IST)

a) Celebrity Index fixed and a lot of avatars fixed with the correct show mapping.

b) PM_outbox.asp page fixed

c) The left menu background color changed to light grey so that the pages have more space to breathe.

Updated (July 16: 7:30PM IST)

a) PM Alert window is working now

b) Preferences is working

c) Forgot password is back again.

d) Now you can validate your email in the Topic and can recieve notification of PMs and Topic Replies

=====

Will be updating on the first post only and will be updating the Subject title. So please check once there is a change in the series on this post itself so that its easier to track for all.

I would appreciate if some one can compile a list based on priority so that we move the fixing that way.

Thanks for being patient and rest assured this will be much faster and easier then the earlier version of India Forums.

Cheers,
Vijay

Edited by vijay - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hi Vijay, thanks for keeping the team informed of the bug fixes... 🙂

We are compiling a list based on priority which needs attention. We will send it to you very soon...
Bhaskar.T thumbnail
Vijay I'll be sending you the list soon. I have too many PM's with complaints about different bugs. Just give me sometime to collect them and check ones that have been taken care of.

Editing:

1-when we repled to any topic we use to hv  emoticons on the side earlier..but now we hv to click on the emoticons again and again..which really irritates me,Confusedplz make a change in this..so dat its easy for us to insert emoticons in our message,🙂do it as it was before..😀

2-secondly,before we had comic style writing in the FONT category..which ws my favourite and i always use to write in comic style,,but  now its not their,Confusedplz..plz..plz..add it,,😭

3-in the old  format,we use to know tht who has replied after us in the topic or who has replied to the topic made by us..but now its really difficult to open the page again and again and check it.Confusedi would request to make it as it ws earlier..

Some with log in problems.

A few members are unable to log in, when they do, it shows a message tht they should contact the administrator and that too, theyr unable to.

Was wondering if you could help me.
I'm using a friends account because I can't log into my own. It just comes up with some error.
Thought it could be my computer, but I can log in on my friends account so can't be that.
My username is "Yosh".

I am having a double pots problem!!As soon as I click on submit post instead of one two posts appear!!!

Most are saying when trying to log they are getting this error message. And the URL that is being shown has spaces (The 20% is there inbetween the URL. I have asked one to send me the URL)

"Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'to'

/resend_email_activation.asp, line 54"

Not only that IE is showing problem in logging for members. The same errors work fine with Firefox especially this log in problem.

Edited by Bhaskar.T - 15 years ago
ammmu thumbnail

Thanks so much Vijay Bhai...

I too have been getting PMs regarding certain issues with the layout, will talk to others so that whatever I have is not repeated with someone elses 🥰

Anuradha thumbnail
Thank vijay 🙂

I hv found certain more bugs, will pick it up and post it here!!
realitybites thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
There are two icon links for Vivaah forum ( ZeeTV)  here : http://www.india-forums.com/tv_channel.asp?ID=4. Both are functional.

In settings>update profile>about me> location is not getting uploaded> givers error reading page not available.
Edited by realitybites - 15 years ago
CarulinaTina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Thank you button doesnt seem to be working for me... although I think it works for others, since I see many thank yous even though I cantConfused
Piku_S thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
^ Kruthi it doesn't work for me also.

The font size are too small,

i will check pm and forum and post the bugs here
Naughty_n_nice thumbnail

Hey,
Some dev team members are having problems with the admin button not showing up when we open a topic.

And that the signatures aren't showing. =)

-Sam
Bhaskar.T thumbnail
Originally posted by: *Kruthi*

Thank you button doesnt seem to be working for me... although I think it works for others, since I see many thank yous even though I cantConfused

Thank you is I think not working for anyone. The one's you are seeing could be those made earlier itself before the revamp.