KKPKKY Articles/Interviews/News Corner

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

KKPKKY Articles/Interviews/News Corner

This thread will contain all the articles/interviews/news related to the show

Kabhi Kabhii Pyaar Kabhi Kabhii Yaar (KKPKKY)

IF is in direct competition with Telly Chakkar & Indian Television so don't post articles from the above sites.

Kindly provide link to the article. Don't post any comments out here it would be deleted.

Kindly provide link to the article. Don't post any comments out here it would be deleted.

Regards,

Edited by watz_your_name - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9

By A.L. Chougule

After Dus Ka Dum and Waar Pariwaar failed to boost TRPs for Sony, the channel is now bringing in another reality show on weekdays at 8pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays. A dance reality show featuring television celebrities, Kabhi Kabhi Pyaar Kabhi Kabhi Yaar is Balaji's second show in the reality genre wherein each celebrity will perform with his/her real and reel life partner. Judges and viewers will check their chemistry and performance. However, this time around there is no voting for viewers. Judges' marks will decide the winners. The show will be telecast for seven weeks spread over 14 one-hour episodes.

The seven trios participating in the show include Hiten Tejwani, Gauri Pradhan and Nandini Singh, Kashmeera Shah, Krushna and Mukul Dev, Amit Sarin, Vinisha Sarin and Aashka Goradia, Karnvir Bohra, Teejay Siddhu and Tina Parekh, Vishal Singh, Praneeta Sahu and Dimple Jhangiani, Jatin Shah, Priya Bhatija and Shalini Chandran and Mridul, Tina and Wasna Ahmed. Sameera Reddy, Mahesh Bhatt and Ganesh Hegde are the judges on the show, which will be anchored by the vivacious Rakshanda Khan and Sachin Tyagi.

In the first episode, all seven celebrities will perform with their spouses. In the second episode, the same celebrities will perform with their on-screen partners. From second week, one trio will be eliminated, till the last two trios are left to compete for the finals. The most interesting twist in the show is that the bottom two celebrities will have to choose one of his partners — either the spouse or on-screen partner, depending on who gets better marks — for the next performance. Says Sony's executive vice president and business head Albert Almeida, "Dance-based reality shows have an emotional, dramatic and visually appealing side to them. However, in this show viewers will witness for the first time the actual chemistry between their favourite star and his/her real and reel partner."

www.deccan.com

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9

Three more!

Three new reality shows are being launched in a week. If you aren't tired of the genre read on...

Show: Kabhi Kabhi Pyar Kabhi Kabhi Yaar

Channel: Sony TV
Concept: A dance competition between real and reel life partners
Judges: Mahesh Bhatt, Ganesh Hegde, Sameera Reddy
Launch Date: July 9, Wednesday-Thursday, 9 pm
The uniqueness of this show is that a celebrity will perform with his/her real and reel life partner and judges/viewers will check their chemistry quotient. The show that will be aired twice a week for seven weeks will have 14 one-hour episodes. In the first episode all seven celebrities will perform with their spouses. In the second episode, the same celebrities will perform with their on-screen partners.
The most awaited moment of the show is when the bottom two celebrities will have to choose one of their partners, (either the spouse or the on-screen partner depending on who got better marks). From week two, one trio will be eliminated, till the last two trios are left to compete for the finals. There will be no viewer voting. Marks given by the judges will be the ultimate deciding factor. Rakshanda Khan and Sachin Tyagi will host the show. The participants include Hiten Tejwani-Gauri Pradhan-Nandini Singh, Kashmera Shah-Krushna-Mukul Dev, Amit Sarin-Vinisha Amit Sarin-Aashka Goradia, Karnvir Bohra-Teejay Siddhu-Tina Parekh, Vishal Singh - Praneeta Sahu- Dimple Jhangiani, Jatin Shah -Priya Bhatija- Shalini Chandran and Mridul -Tina -Wasna Ahmed.

What to expect
With reality shows coming out of our ears and eyes is it a wonder that the concepts too have hit a roadblock. Imagine a pati, patni aur woh actually dancing together and vying to be the best partner. Hope this show doesn't end up causing trouble in the real couples' lives!

http://www.screenindia.com/news/Three-more/333912/
Anashah1980 thumbnail

Hiten Tejwani clears the air...113
The very popular Hiten Tejwani and Gauri Pradhan with Nandini Singh got eliminated from Sony's Kabhi Kabhii Pyaar amidst big chaos... Here is Hiten Tejwani giving Telly Buzz an insight to the incident...
Sunday, July 13, 2008 9:42:05 PM

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2832
Anashah1980 thumbnail
love my curves…" says Rakshanda Khan

TV STAR TRAIL
"I love my curves…" says Rakshanda Khan
by Meenakshi Shankar
Jul 11, 2008, Bangalore

A four month sabbatical and just when you started wondering where she was hiding, Rakshanda is back with a bang, looking drop dead gorgeous, flaunting her sexy figure and screaming from the roof top, "No, I'm not the latest victim of the size zero fad!".

"Thank you, but no thank you. I love my curves. Infact, I think curves are the best thing that can happen to a woman…don't you agree!" she turns around and questions when we bumped into each other in a recent meet at Ekta Kapoor's Kabhi Kabhi Yaar, Kabhi Kabhi Pyaar, wherein, she is hosting the show with her rumored link up, Sachin Tyagi.

"How is it that you know more about my personal life than I do?" she laughs at my question. "The link ups will always be there. But, there's nothing brewing between Sachin and me." Coming back to her sabbatical, she said, "I just wanted a break from the TV industry. The same old roles don't appeal to me. Saas bahu is not my scene, and before you jump the gun and question me about Kyunki… which is a 'saas-bahu' serial, my role as Tanya Malhotra Virani was a powerful character. No simpering, no 'rhona-dhona', no glycerin eyes for me…"

"But, I had reached a point of saturation. It just didn't happen one fine morning. It was a build up and that's when I realized that I had enough and wanted some 'me' time. Just because you take a sabbatical, does not mean that you are a has-been. I'm in this industry to stay. I love the limelight and I love the entire package deal. Why would I want to give it all up? Unlike the newbies, I'm not desperate for work. And, I had also realized that I was neglecting myself. So the sabbatical was more along the lines of pampering myself and focusing on the 'me' quotient."

We couldn't help wonder, if it was the 'I-want-to-go-the-Bebo-way' which is a rage in our industry which prompted the hazel eyed girl to take a break or was it Ekta's diktats on whipping her star cast into shape which prompted the lissome lass into stepping on the treadmill?

She scoffs it all off saying, "No, Ekta didn't have anything to do with my weight loss. Come on, give her some credit. She is responsible for shaping careers, not figures! I'm in an industry, which, unfortunately is based on 'the look good' quotientSo, I stepped on the treadmill, did weight training and decided to munch on carrot sticks instead of reaching out to a bag of potato chips

It's not just working out, but adopting a healthy lifestyle. I didn't realize the power of a nutritionist, till I got myself one. And, the inches that I had gained over a period started melting away.

Kabhi Kabhi Yaar, Kabhi Kabhi Pyaar…why aren't you one of the participants?

"Because, I don't want to get sued", she says, with imp dancing in her eyes. I'm a terrible dancer and I would end up hurting my co-contestants so much so, that they would actually be tempted to sue me for my millions. Ekta did approach me, but I told her about my misgivings of wearing my dancing shoes. So hosting was an option which was offered and I readily took up. Most of the contestants are like family to me. And, the show is more like a 'family get-together'…we have a blast on the sets. And the rumors, well, they are mere rumors. Denying it is only going to spark it further, so for now, I'm going to resort to the famed 'No comments'.

Amba in Kahani Hamari Mahabharat Ki…

I wanted to experiment with mythology. And nothing can get bigger than Mahabharatha. And Ekta Kapoor's 'Kahani Hamari Mahabharat Ki' is the biggest that you can get. I'm not saying that because I'm a part of it and essaying the role of Amba. I've seen the behind-the-scenes work and it's none like we have ever seen before. History says that Mahabharat started because of two women, Draupadi and Amba. Amba wanted to marry Bhishma after King Shalva and King Vichitravirya rejected her proposal, but due to his oath to remain a bachelor throughout his life, he couldn't marry Amba. So she held him responsible for her plight and wished to take vengeance by killing him.

A strong character, which is keeping in line with my kitty of work. As for the homework bit, I've a walking dictionary on Mahabharata on the sets, Ronit Roy. He's read and reread and reread the Mahabharata so many times that he actually coaches all of us on the situations. So, if anybody has a thing or two to ask, then we all turn to Ronit for guidance. He plays the character of Bheesm, the centrifugal force of Mahabharata

And Kyunki…

That's not happening for now. But the creative whizzes have told me that they will bring the track back, but when is a million dollar question

So, when you see me there, you will know that I've arrived.

And the famed Bollywood dream…

It's not that there haven't been offers, but I think I'm too lazy to actually get up and prove myself in the Bollywood space. I like TV. I'm comfortable in this medium. There's a sense of contentment. So for now, it's going to be only TV.

http://www.tellywatch.com/Telly_Interview/Rakshanda_Khan_Zaa ra_Nach_Kre_Dikha/July-11-2008/Rakshanda_Khan_Zaara_Nach_Ke_ Dikha_Amba_Mahabharat.html

Anashah1980 thumbnail
'Spirituality is the root, family the ground' - Karnvir Bhora30

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2791
Anashah1980 thumbnail

Bad loser

Hiten Tejwani with Gauri Pradhan

TV actress Gauri Pradhan created a ruckus at Film City yesterday. After coming in the second-last slot in Ekta Kapoor's reality dance show Kabhi Kabhii Pyaar Kabhi Kabhii Yaar, Gauri refused to participate in the show any further.

Mahesh Bhatt

According to a source, "Gauri was shocked that she could end up in the last two, so early in the show. She said that she did not agree with the format of the show." Mahesh Bhatt, who overheard her arguments backstage walked up to her and told her that the victory lies in participation and not in winning.

"I told her that once you agree to the rules of a game, you shouldn't crib. However, she was not convinced." Her partner Hiten Tejwani was graceful enough to understand that he should continue in the show.

"So he danced with his on-screen partner Nandini Singh. However, they were voted out of the show in the end," Bhatt adds.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?Page=article&se ctid=30&contentid=200807122008071202194043679200465
Anashah1980 thumbnail

It's time to shake legs with 'Yaar'....31
Sony's new reality show Kabhi Kabhii Pyaar Kabhi Kabhii Yaar will see a grand opening on Wednesday July 9th, as the stars shake legs with their 'Yaars'....
Monday, July 07, 2008 8:15:31 PM

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2796Edited by watz_your_name - 15 years ago
Anashah1980 thumbnail
Double whammy
Dimple Jhangiani on her dual role in Kuchh Is Tara and the new reality show Kabhi Kabhi Yaar...
She never thought she would make it this big in the entertainment industry, but Dimple Jhangiani has successfully essayed the lead role of Karishma in Ekta Kapoor's TV serial Kuchh Is Tara on Sony. Dimple was selected for her role after she was spotted in one of her TV advertisements. However, this nubile actress was not enthused with the idea of working in soap operas. "I was averse to the idea of working in those overly dramatic saas-bahu sagas. But when I heard the refreshing and unique concept of Kuchh Is Tara I just had to say yes," says Dimple.

In a latest development in the serial, Dimple's character develops a split personality. On the one hand she is Karishma, a sweet, simple but ambitious young girl and on the flipside she is Natasha, a wild, aggressive and angry woman. Dimple claims to be enjoying every bit of her double whammy on the show. "Playing a character with a split personality is double the fun. I get to play two characters in the same serial," she smiles.
One needs to applaud the young actress' enthusiasm as it takes courage to play psychologically disturbed characters. Though her character has negative shades, Dimple believes that playing dual characters only has advantages. "My split personality kicks in when I see fire. It is an interesting concept and challenge and it allows me to access the entire gamut of my acting skill set," she reckons.

Her popularity on the show has fetched her an innings on Ekta's new reality show Kabhi Kabhii Yaar Kabhi Kabhii Pyaar. Poised as a unique dance show, it clubs three TV celebrities, two of which are a couple and a third one a la Pati Patni Aur Woh. The aim of the contesting triangle of celebs is to see who has the better chemistry, the real couple or the reel couple. Dimple who teams up with Vishal Singh and his beau Parineeta is not a trained dancer, but is confident of her dancing abilities. "Vishal, Parineeta and I are good friends so we do not feel uncomfortable working in the awkward environment. In fact, we recently shot an episode for the show where the judges remarked that Vishal and I had better chemistry than his real girlfriend. It could have created hassles but we took in a lighter vein," said the bubbly actress.
Dimple does not rule out the scope for controversies as she remarks, "Later in the show, things could get ugly because the real partners could feel bad about sharing their partners. For now it's early days and contestants are taking it well." When Dimple is not juggling between her dual-role and dancing to tunes she dreams of a big screen debut with Fardeen Khan. "I adore Fardeen and I would prefer working with him over any other Bollywood star," she grins.

cheers

resh

Anashah1980 thumbnail

Playing the waiting game - Priya Bhatija20
Priya Bhatija is surely having a ball being part of Sony's Kabhi Kabhii.. as she is paired with the guy of her life, Jatin Shah.. So is it that they get to spend quality time out there? Get to know from her...