Lux Kaun Jeetega Bollywood ka Ticket

Articles Corner-No Comments

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 15 years ago
This thread will contain all the articles/interviews related to the show Lux Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket.

IF is in direct competition with Telly Chakkar & Indian Television so don't post articles from the above sites.

Kindly provide link to the article. Don't post any comments out here it would be deleted.

Regards,

IF Dev Team
Edited by *Shruti* - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

modishh thumbnail
Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket

(9X, Sunday, 8 p.m.)

A glamorous world, an extravagant life, a celebrated name – this is what this new reality show Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket is all about. Produced by Balaji Telefilms Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket is a mega talent hunt across the country where the winning pair will get the golden opportunity to act in a multi-starrer Bollywood blockbuster, jointly produced by Balaji Telefilms Ltd and Popcorn Entertainment.

Bollywood stars Zeenat Aman, Shabana Azmi, Amrita Singh and Mahesh Manjrekar like never before – as mentors locked in battle for their zonal teams in this nationwide hunt for the next Bollywood Superstar! Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket, which is Ekta Kapoor's foray into reality shows, will feature 12 talented shortlisted contestants paired with television stars in engrossing performances, vying for the top prize.
modishh thumbnail
All that Ekta Kapoor has to be larger than life. Now as she ventures into the world of reality shows, she has brought in one of the most promising directors, Apoorva Lakhia and has joined hands with Suniel Shetty's Popkorn Entertainment. Ekta is leaving no stone
unturned to make her reality show
Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket on 9X one big gala affair.
A source from the show says, "Naman Shaw ,Jay Bhanushali , Dimple Jhangiani , Chetan Hansraj , Panchi Bora , Reshmi Ghosh , Twinkle Bajpai, Akashdeep Sehgal, Abigail , Karan Patel , Karishma Tanna and Rajsingh Arora have singed on the dotted line for the show. The participants are going to shoot a promotional music video for the show on 12th and 13th of June."
"There will be six teams and each team will have one celebrity couple and one non-celebrity couple," adds another source.
The winners of the show will act in Balaji's and Popkorn Entertainment's joint production film which will be directed by Apoorva Lakhia, who has films like Mumbai Se Aaya Mera Dost, Ek Ajnabee, Shootout At Lokhandwala and Dus Kahaniyaan to his credit. The movie is reported to be a multi-starrer with the non-celeb winning couple of the show. Ekta will cast four other couples in the movie besides the winning pair. These four couples will be leading faces from Bollywood.
"The movie is youth centric, so the producers are looking for young actors for the movie. Audiences will get to see participants acting and dancing in the show but it is different from other reality shows. This one is different and extremely interesting," remarked Nivedita Basu, Creative Head of Balaji Telefilms who also confirmed the names of the celebrity participants. The show is to be telecast for 2-3 months and its shooting is expected to commence from July.
shruti thumbnail

By A.L. Chougule

Reality shows that focus on grooming talent in the field of acting have been utter flops. Zee Cine Stars Ki Khoj kicked off the trend, but the show which came up with two seasons and four 'stars' —Sarvar Ahuja-Aditi Sharma, Sabeena Sheema-Piyush Chopra — have failed to achieve any dramatic success in Bollywood. While most of them have disappeared after sloppy roles in shoe-string budget films, a few are still struggling to make a mark.

Yet, none of this deterred Ekta Kapoor, who is all set to launch a brand new, flashy, big-budget reality show for 9X — Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket.

The show which brings together Bollywood verterans, promises to give the winning pair an opportunity to act in a multi-starrer film, to be jointly produced by Balaji Telefilms and Suneil Shetty's Popcorn Entertainment on a mega budget of Rs 70 crore, to be directed by Apoorva Lakhia. it is rumoured that other channels too are likely to launch similar shows that sell Bollywood dreams. The format is suddenly being touted as the future of reality TV in the country.

Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket will have 24 participants, 12 of whom are popular television celebrities and the other 12 are aspiring actors from different walks of life. They will be judged based on their acting and dancing skills. There are four zones which will be pitted against each other in the competition to find the next big 'lead pair'.

The celebrities short-listed for the show include Vikas Manecktala, Mihika Verma and Raj Singh Arora who will represent the north zone; Chetan Hansraj, Krutika Sehgal and Twinkle Bajpai who will represent central zone, Reshmi Ghosh, Naman Shaw and Panchi Bora in the east zone and the west zone will have Jai Bhanushali, Abigail and Karan Patel.

Every pair will be given a character each and a story to act out together and each zone will have a seasoned Bollywood actor as mentor. The mentors will personally guide and train their teams for the arduous and exciting journey to Bollywood.

The mentors short-listed for the show are Shabana Azmi for the east zone, Amrita Singh for north, Mahesh Manjrekar for west zone and Zeenat Aman for the central zone. These mentors will judge the performances of the participants and play a key role in strengthening the performance of their respective teams.

"I have no clue why the Zee show didn't do well. May be the show was not engaging enough. In any case, all reality shows don't do well," says Indrani Mukerjea, head of INX Media that owns 9X, who is confident of the success of this glitzy show.

However, Sanjay Upadhyay, creative head of fiction at Sony who was on the panel of judges for the first season of Zee Cine Star Ki Khoj is cynical. He feels that such shows don't do well because of their low entertainment quotient. "When you are searching for an actor, the focus is more on performance and less on dance and music," he adds. Now, that's probably why the importance given to acting and dance in Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket is equal. Indrani defends, "This show will have high level of entertainment. Acting and dance will be given equal weightage."

Indrani also feels that such a show is the need of the hour. The reason for doing Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket, according to Indrani, is that currently there are too many reality shows of the same kind happening all over. "We wanted to have a different show and the way we have designed it, the show is going to be very entertaining and engaging with best of mentors and television actors and common people coming together on one platform," she adds.

While Zeenat Aman is quite excited about the show, Shabana Azmi says what clinched it for her is that the show promises a movie for the winning pair. "Also, the fact that actors will be groomed is extremely good," says the veteran actress.

Even the celebrity contestants see the show as the best opportunity to step into Bollywood. Says Chetan Hansraj, "The concept is really exciting. I have been doing serials for the past four years and this show might give me an opportunity to work in films."

Naman Shaw who was one of the participants of Cine Star Ki Khoj looks at Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket as his second chance to give films a shot. "I came to Mumbai to work in films. Cine Star helped me get noticed and get work in serials. May be with this show I will get into films," he quips.

Mihika Verma, on the other hand, feels the show will give a boost to her career. "I think everyone has equal chance. I have done ramp shows, modeling and serials. The experience should help me reach the finals. But even if I don't win I am hoping to get enough mileage from the show." she reasons.

In fact, it's a win-win situation for all. As Reshmi Ghosh puts it, "Even if I don't win I am sure the show will help me get work in films," she says.

www.deccan.com

shruti thumbnail

Three more!

Three new reality shows are being launched in a week. If you aren't tired of the genre read on...

Show: Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket
Channel: 9X
Concept: A talent-hunt for actors
Judges: Shabana Azmi, Amrita Singh, Zeenat Aman, Mahesh Manjrekar.
Launch Date: July 6, Sunday, 8 pm

12 shortlisted contestants will be supported by the judges from each of the four zones. These mentors will be accompanied by twelve exciting TV stars, each of whom will be paired with one of the shortlisted contestants who have been identified after extensive auditions across four zones - West, North, Central and East. The twelve TV stars include, Jay Bhanushali, Karan Patel, Abigail Jain, Chetan Hansraj, Reshmi Ghosh, Naman Shaw, Panchi Bora and Twinkle Bajpai. Every week, the two-hour episode will present performances by the 12 'couple' teams of one TV star plus one shortlisted contestant. Each team will be judged for its acting abilities along with the ability to perform a song-and-dance sequence. These performances will be rated by the permanent jury of the four mentors plus the TV-viewing audience from home.
Once eliminations start, each week, one team (pair) will get eliminated, till the votes of the jury and the home audiences ultimately identify the winning pair. Ultimately, the show will hunt for that one 'Superstar Couple' who get an opportunity to be one of the lead pairs in a movie produced by Ekta Kapoor's Balaji Telefilms and Suniel Shetty's Popcorn Entertainment and to be directed by Apoorva Lakhia.

What to expect
We have already seen two similar talent-hunts Sahara One's Mr & Miss Bollywood and Zee's Cinestars Ki Khoj and neither threw up any great talent nor did the participants really benefit. Only Uvika Choudhary from Cinestars... has managed to make inroads into filmdom.

http://www.screenindia.com/news/Three-more/333912/
Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
CHETAN'S PUNCH CARD

Puneet Israni (l) and Chetan Hansraj
TV actor Chetan Hansraj and a participant in Ekta Kapoor?s Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket, Puneet Israni, were recently engaged in a scuffle that turned so ugly on the sets, that the crew members had to intervene.

The scuffle took place last Tuesday in Filmalaya Studios (Andheri) when Chetan lost his cool after Puneet took a dig at television celebrities, and said that he doesn?t think highly of them.

When we contacted Puneet, he shrugged off the episode saying, ?Such things happen in life. I said that TV celebs can?t fare well in Bollywood and Chetan took it very badly. But it's okay.?

Chetan was frank about the episode and says, ?Puneet and I got into an ugly situation. He was misbehaving right from the first episode and aiming obscene gestures at the film fraternity, including Jeetendra, Sunil Shetty and Mahesh Manjrekar, who were present on the sets.

Mahesh and I asked him to take it easy, but he wouldn?t understand. The situation got embarrassing. He even used abuses on the sets. I couldn?t help it, I lost my temper and gave him a shove.?

An eyewitness tells us that Chetan was so furious, that he had to meditate for 20 minutes to calm his nerves and regain his composure!

Anashah1980 thumbnail

Lakhia moves on to comedy with 'Generation X'

Mumbai, July 16 (IANS)

After two back-to-back action films, "Shootout At Lokhandwala" and "Mission Istanbul", director Apoorva Lakhia's next project "Generation X" combines the thrills with some comedy too. Lakhia, who will start shooting for "Generation X" from August, describes his film as an action-comedy.

"The film is an action-comedy and will have seven actors in the lead. It will be different from what I have done earlier. I am looking forward to it," Lakhia told IANS. "Generation X", which will be produced by Ekta Kapoor's Balaji Motion Pictures and Suniel Shetty's Popkorn Entertainment, will star winners from the reality show "Kissko Milega Ticket To Bollywood", currently being aired on 9X channel.

Lakhia is repeating most of the cast of "Mission Istanbul" in his latest venture — Suniel, Zayed Khan, Shabbir Ahluwalia and Nikitin Dheer have been signed along with Sanjay Dutt and Tusshar Kapoor.

The director still has the release of "Mission Istanbul" — on July 25 — to look forward to.

" 'Mission Istanbul' has all the ingredients which make a good movie. It has great songs, beautiful locations, mind blowing actions and intense performances. If people liked my film 'Shootout..' , they will like 'Mission Istanbul' more."

Source:
http://www.hamaraphotos.com/bollywood/scoops/lakhia-moves-on-to-comedy-with-generation-x.html
Anashah1980 thumbnail
Is 9x keeping Ekta on a tight leash?

by Meenakshi Shankar

Jul 14, 2008, Mumbai  

In a recent much-delayed (thanks to the Mumbai rains) press conference organized for the Lux Kaun Jeetaga Bollywood Ka Ticket - a reality show from the House of Balaji Productions, we noticed that a forced-smile-on-her-face Ekta Kapoor took centre stage to answer questions about her second non-fiction reality show which is on 9x. The latest offering is the usual from the Balaji camp. An array of Balaji stars who are leading the roost and added to that, glitzy yester year Bollywood queens - Zeenat Aman, Amrita Singh and the ever graceful, Shabana Azmi.

And sandwiched between the glitz, glamor and graciousness is Mahesh Manjerekar, though, we couldn't help wonder if he is on the show because it is part of the Popkorn entertainment and if the good books of Suneil Shetty has managed to grab him some visibility.

Ekta Kapoor's new found love with 9x is commendable. But what we found strange was when the question was raised about her Kahani Hamari Mahabharatha Ki, she promptly looked at the 9x spokesperson and said, "I've been told not to speak about it by the channel."

This caught us off guard!

Isn't this the same Ekta Kapoor who always had the courage of conviction and wouldn't care two hoots about diktats that were imposed? She bulldozed her way and got people towing her line. That's the reason, she is, where she is today. But, a subdued Ekta who was waiting to be torn apart for her Mahabharatha debacle decided to run with her tail tucked between her legs! Unlike the gutsy 'K'ueen that we are used to.

So, the channel does not want to talk about it. Why not? You have given us your version of Mahabharatha, so the least you can do is give us some answers and not have the lady who rules the roost kept on a tight leash! Talk about her reality show and Ekta Kapoor's riding the helm, but talk about her Kahani Hamari Mahabharatha Ki, she tends to look for deliverance.

Is this a new side to Ekta Kapoor is a question that has been eating into us ever since we walked out with unanswered questions?

The TRP's of the KHMK (her version of the magnum opus) continues to drop down. Is it too early to predict doomsday or will the 'Ekta' magic weave into place and work wonders with the TRP's? Keep reading this space while we bring

http://www.tellywatch.com/Telly_News/9x_Ekta/July-14-2008/9x_Ekta_tight_leash.html
Anashah1980 thumbnail
Contestants list for Kaun Jeetega-Article

Balaji's reality show Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket is set to hit television screens from 6th July at 8:00 pm. The hour long show will give a dream launch-pad to the winning team to do a film which will be jointly produced by Ekta Kapoor's Balaji and Suniel Shetty's Popkorn Entertainment which will be titled Generation Next.

Jordy, Non-Fiction Head, Balaji, says, "The show is commencing from 6th July and will run for a span of 13 weeks, approximately three months. Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket will be hosted by Peeya Rai Chaudhary and Salil Acharya." Salil is currently seen in the Balaji soap Kasturi and Peeya has been a Channel V Veejay.

Contestant Dimple Jhangiani had to opt out of the show as she is doing another Balaji's reality show Kabhie Yaar Kabhie Pyaar on Sony has been replaced by Mihika Verma. The final celebrity contestants are Naman Shaw, Jay Bhanushali, Mihika Verma, Chetan Hansraj, Panchi Bora, Reshmi Ghosh, Twinkle Bajpai, Akashdeep Saigal, Abigail, Karan Patel, Karishma Tanna and Rajsingh Arora.

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket's ugly sides

Ekta Kapoor's new reality show Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket has already set its foot on 9x.

This show has it all starting from bollywood to television..

TV celebrities like Panchi Bora, Jay Bhanushali, Reshmi Ghosh, Twinkle Bajpai, Chetan Hansraj and others will be paired with contestants selected across the country. There are 6 male and female contestants along with celebrities.

n the history of reality shows this is the first time some ugly comments gave been passed by the contestants against the celebrities in front of the judges which include important people like Zeenat Aman, Shabana Azmi, Jitendra, Amrita Singh and others. The contestants went to the extent of showing fingers which was censored.

Now the question is was it all preplanned to grab more TRPs or not. Like Ekta's K-soap this K-Reality Show also had lots of drama. It is the first time it has happened and it is also the first time Ekta has set her foot in Reality World. Well we don't know what is true but since it is a family show evry thing must be kept within limits.

After the show was aired we tried to contact Ekta Kapoor and according to her nothing was preplanned and she said she will personally speak to all the male contestants regarding this.

Another drama on the first episode was the withdrawal notice of Akashdeep Saigal (Ansh/Eklavya of Kyunki..). Akashdeep has opted out of the show on health issues. Due to this his partner is likely to be eliminated. But the judges want a solution without eliminating anyone without giving her a chance. This can also be a preplanned step to catch more eyeballs and TRPs as we all know Ekta is old and experienced player in this field.

Source:
http://bigdhamaka.wordpress.com/2008/07/07/kaun-jeetega-boll ywood-ka-tickets-ugly-sides/