What did you cook today??? - Page 2

Posted: 15 years ago

Well, I am sure some of you also like to cook (Just like me, I love cooking) and it would be fun if you share what you cooked today????

It doesn't have to be a dish or something.... anything you cooked would be fine like Parathas or pakodas (Yummy, I am really hungry now πŸ˜› )

Feel free to give us the recipe of what u cooked today! πŸ˜ƒ

Well, today I haven't cooked anything yet.. but yesterday I made dhokla! 😳

So go ahed and share what u cooked today!!  =D
Edited by shruti_5 - 15 years ago
i cooked my behja today want da recipe πŸ˜† joking πŸ˜†
i cooked beans with coconut.... dis is a bengali recipe
cut da beans , grate da coconut add oil preferably mustard oil put da beans slit green chillies cover n cook for sm time when da beans r almost transparent add sal turmeric and coconut, fry till coconut turns lill brownish enjoy with daal n rice
wowww shru dhokla i love gujju style dhokla post da recipe plzz

Originally posted by shijhu

i cooked my behja today want da recipe πŸ˜† joking πŸ˜† - sure, plz give us the recipe πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

i cooked beans with coconut.... dis is a bengali recipe - sounds cool....πŸ˜ƒ
cut da beans , grate da coconut add oil preferably mustard oil put da beans slit green chillies cover n cook for sm time when da beans r almost transparent add sal turmeric and coconut, fry till coconut turns lill brownish enjoy with daal n rice

Thanks for the recipe, di 😳

Originally posted by shijhu

wowww shru dhokla i love gujju style dhokla post da recipe plzz

Dhokla Recipe

Ingredients:

1 cup of rice cup of black gram skinless (urad dal) cup of yogurt 1 cup of warm water Salt to taste 1 one-inch piece ginger 4 green chillies tsp of soda bi-carbonate (baking soda) 1 tbsp of lemon juice 2 tbsp of oil
  • 2 tbsp of coriander leaves
Method:
    Roast the rice and the dal on medium heat for four to five minutes. Allow it to cool and then grind into a semi-coarse powder. Put the powder in a bowl. Add yoghurt (little sour) and warm water into the bowl. Mix thoroughly so that no lumps are formed and the batter is of pouring consistency. Add salt and let it ferment for eight to ten hours. Make a paste of ginger and green chillies. Once fermented, mix the ginger, green chilli paste with the batter. Grease the dhokla platter or a thali. Boil water in the steamer/boiler. Pour half of the batter in another vessel. In a small bowl, add one-fourth-tspn soda bi-carbonate, half tspn oil and half tspn lemon juice. Add this to the batter and mix well. Repeat this for the remaining batter just before putting it in the steamer. Pour this onto the greased platter and keep it in the steamer to steam for eight to ten minutes. Check with a knife. If the knife comes out clean, it is cooked.
  • Sprinkle some finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with green chutney.

thnxxxxx shruu now tell me sweetie woss da difference between khaman n dhokla cuz i love khaman from baroda thela wala
@ shiju didi khaman r more softer than dhokla 😊

today was 4th of july.. soo i made:

1. hot dogs ... i made lemon mayonaisse to go with it
(mayo, lemon juice, lemon zest, & some freshly cracked black pepper)

2. hamburgers.

3. baked potatoes with butter and cheese.

5. corn with butter, lemon, & salt (yummmyyyy)

Originally posted by nidhi2013

@ shiju didi khaman r more softer than dhokla 😊

nidhi wahi tohh why is it softer kuch to xtra addition hota hoga nahhhπŸ˜†

Originally posted by xl0ve

today was 4th of july.. soo i made:

1. hot dogs ... i made lemon mayonaisse to go with it
(mayo, lemon juice, lemon zest, & some freshly cracked black pepper)

2. hamburgers.

3. baked potatoes with butter and cheese.

5. corn with butter, lemon, & salt (yummmyyyy)

wowww u made so many thingsssssss πŸ˜›