Nach Baliye 4

Malaika, Saroj Khan to judge Nach Baliye

pmahesh thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Malaika, Saroj Khan to judge Nach Baliye

Malaika Arora Khan
Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan and hottie Malaika Arora Khan join director Farhan Akhtar as judges on the Star One dance show, Nach Baliye. For Khan, it is a case of channel-crossing; she was earlier seen as a judge in the Sony show, Dance Dance, along with Vaibhavi Merchant and Terence Lewis.

Nach Baliye, which airs on Star One from October 11, will have telly couples battling for the crown of best dancing duo.

The reality-based show will also look at the stars' personal lives and dance sessions, as they prepare to be in step with each other. TV actors Shabbir Ahluwalia and Sangeeta Ghosh anchor Nach Baliye.

Dance chance

Saroj Khan
Says Malaika, "I am sure someone might just perform my Chaiyya chaiyya number, so I will be watching every step minutely. But besides the dance and the choreography, the show is also about the chemistry between the couples and their style. It's the overall impact they make."

She says she's looking forward to a great time on the show. "I will be on the other side and have my own opinions about the contestants for a change, rather than others making a comment about me," says Malaika, who terms herself a fairly good dancer. "Dancing is all about having fun."

Celeb jig

The channel describes Nach Baliye as an "anokhi jung with dus mashoor jodiyan". A choreographer is helping the couples through the paces as part of the rehearsals. Nach Baliya will air Tuesday to Thursday, at 9 pm. The first two days will provide an insight into the lives of celeb couples, how they live, who their families and friends are, and how they adapt to married life.

The Thursday episode will feature a dance performance, which will be judged by the jury and viewers. Besides dancing ability, compatibility, cooperation, popularity and coordination will also be judged.

This interactive reality show claims several firsts — the first time that celebs are competing against each other; the first time that celeb couples come together in a show and reveal their private lives.

Couples on Nach Baliye

1. Archana Puran Singh and Parmeet Sethi
2. Apoorva Agnihotri and Shilpa Saklani
3. Amit Sadh and Neeru Bajwa
4. Rajiv and Delnaaz Paul
5. Mihir and Maninee Misra
6. Rohit Roy and Manasi Joshi Roy
7. Manish Goyal and Poonam Narula
8. Sachin and Supriya Pilgaonkar
9. Varun Badola and Rajeshwari Sachdev
10. Shakti Anand and Sai Deodhar

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rose82 thumbnail
wow!!thanks for the info!i was scared tht farhan will be the judge!saroj khan (choreographer) and hottie malaika will be great as judges
cutelovelygirl thumbnail
yes I read the nes in the paper

Thanx for posting
OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
i think thsy heard or rather read my question .Great to see Saroj Khan again. Lets see how Maliaka judges.
hetal thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
havent seen malikka judging before...it will be interesting....thanks for sharing....