DEBATE: My Pic as Avatar - Page 6

Posted: 18 years ago

Like many other members here, I think it is better to be safe than be sorry later on. Furthermore, I especially disagree with vijay and some one else who said that they can make more friends by posting their pictures. Its sad that they have to use their face to make friends.

For one thing, you really cannot trust everyone who sees this website. Also, most internet crimes occur on fourms and by chatting. In my opinion putting your picture makes more target and attraction to oneself. These internet criminals tend to be the most persuading and friendly people online because I don't think that the people who have suffered were not stupid either to not realize that they were traps. But suppose someone really likes your looks and of course they are going to gain your trust to persuade u into what they want.

I am getting this opinion after the Middle East "internet murder" that appeared in BBC News in 2001 (link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/1189804.stm). Don't pretend the world is pretty and cheerful...itz a BIG BAD WORLD out there! Btw I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

it's the perosn's personal choice, if he is comfortabl;e with it, then that's fine. and if not, thAT'S ok aswell. you can't force any1 to put their pic up or stop any1.
anon i persoanlly agree with you , infact you often have jobless people browsing the net ....and may have nothing to do with this forum ....but accidentally stumble upon it . They see the forum age here is mostly very young , mostly underage kids ....And after seeing the pics would pretend to be interested in this forum discussion and then "PM" young innocent ones seperately ,pretending to be young themselves etc .....I would watch out !!!
But then again , nobody was forced to put up pics here , its at your risk !!! Hope you guys know who you give out info to !!
Keep safe !! (((((HUGS))))) to all !!
It's all about personal choice and whether you feel comfortable postin ur pic.
i would like to just say one thing that everyone's sayin that wat is gonna happen, will happen but 1 shouldnt give a chance for something to happen Edited by scorpion134 - 18 years ago
WHAT ON EARTH DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING???
Very interesting discussion !!!!! I was completely FOR being as anon as possible on the net , but after hearing argument from both sides ...........I MUST SAY I AM CONFUSED NOW !!!! 😆 😆 😆
well its upto one's own wish. 😛
Yeah the individuals should decide what they want.

I personally don't think that it's a good idea to share pics online because you don't know what will happen and who will view and whatsoever.

But people are intelligent enough to make desicoins for themselves and see what is right or wrong for them.