Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Kunal Deshmukh: I refused Mukesh Bhatt...

salonishah thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Kunal Deshmukh: I refused Mukesh Bhatt...

www.glamsham.com

Kunal Deshmukh"Mukeshji (Bhatt) wanted an additional song in JANNAT. However, I refused him because I thought the number of tracks that we already had in the film were good enough", says Kunal Deshmukh, director of JANNAT, about the soundtrack of his Friday's release which has been sitting pretty at the top of the charts for more than a fortnight.

"Once Pritam started churning out tunes for JANNAT and Kamran Ahmed came up with his beautiful 'Judaai', we knew that we had great winners in hands", reveals Kunal, "Even with 5 excellent songs, Mukeshji felt that having one more song in the album would only help the popularity of both music as well as movie."

So why didn't he give it a go ahead?

"I think the placement of existing songs in the narrative is just enough. In any case not all songs are love songs with the number 'Jannat Jahaan' being more situational as the film's protagonist Emraan Hashmi rises up the ladder. Yes, JANNAT is essentially a love story with a wallpaper of cricket but we didn't want to fill it in with number of songs just because Pritam was doing such a great job of coming up with chartbuster music", says Kunal with a smile.

While 'Zara Zara' is quite popular already, the number which is setting the charts afire is 'Lambi Judaai' in it's original as well as remix versions. The latest number to arrive on the music channels, 'Haan Tu Hai', is meeting with good response as well while 'Door Na', the sole sad track in the film, is easily one of the purest songs created by the composer in last couple of years.

Well, looking at a complete album like this, for all die hard music buffs presence of an additional track wouldn't have harmed though.

Read / Post comments on this article       type=text/javascript> addthis_url = location.href; addthis_title = document.title; addthis_pub = 'bhaushah'; src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/addthis_widget.php?v=12" type=text/javascript>