Working women? - Page 6

Posted: 17 years ago
Originally posted by shikara

I'll be the first newbie commenting! I delivered my son on Monday and I worked till that Friday and I wasnt so tired as I am now staying at home. Give me choice and anyday I would be out there working vs. staying at home. I am only doing it cause I feel my son needs me right now as he is only 7 months old. and even then I am contemplating going back to school so I'll have something to do!!!! I am so envious of my husband as I am so starved for adult company.

Shikara i totally agree with you. been there done that...and i also used to envy my husband at one point and starved for adult company..😆

And so many women here mentioned it is important to be financially independent cause one day the kids will grow up and leave and then what will you do?

And yes as the original poster mentioned my Mom has always worked and still does now and as result of it I feel both she and I are more confident, elequonet and self assured women who stand up for what they believe in and what is right.

I believe every women who has a daughter should work as the message you give her with out even speaking a word is a gift she will take through her life, her relationships and to her kids.
totally agree with you 👏

I'll be the first newbie commenting! I delivered my son on Monday and I worked till that Friday and I wasnt so tired as I am now staying at home. Give me choice and anyday I would be out there working vs. staying at home. I am only doing it cause I feel my son needs me right now as he is only 7 months old. and even then I am contemplating going back to school so I'll have something to do!!!! I am so envious of my husband as I am so starved for adult company.

And so many women here mentioned it is important to be financially independent cause one day the kids will grow up and leave and then what will you do?

And yes as the original poster mentioned my Mom has always worked and still does now and as result of it I feel both she and I are more confident, elequonet and self assured women who stand up for what they believe in and what is right.

I believe every women who has a daughter should work as the message you give her with out even speaking a word is a gift she will take through her life, her relationships and to her kids.

Well said!!! 👏 I agree completely agree with you.Women should move ahead in life noticing the priorities.Some times we need to set aside over career atleast for small period to attend other important duties in life.

cheers,

Mythili

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 17 years ago

..... I am so starved for adult company.

Very well expressed and structured.👏

Working is not only for finance its got a lot to do with making one feel valued and helps in enhancing your skills, creativity. It adds a new meaning to life be it teaching, gardening, painting, pottery anything. By moving out of the house we meet new people and learn to deal with them. It tells you what life truly is beyond the four walls.

I am not married yet and do not plan to be until I am financially independant. My mother was a working woman (full time) who handled housework beautifully (of course, my dad helped) I think, in a marriage finances as well as taking care of the home are a shared responsibility and everyone should do their part! I def. plan on working after I get married + having my kids, BUT if I feel like I need to concentrate on my family more than my career, I am fine with it. Family comes first.