Debate Mansion

Abortion.... - Page 4

Naina_Manam thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
This content was originally posted by: indygirl

That just made me smile Naina_Manam !!😊 Lets have this discussion again 10 years from now . Just you and me . You'll be 26 then( i just checked your age in the profile ) ....and i'll be still ......ummm!! 😊

Hi Indygirl, nobody knows about the future. Anything can happen. Maybe you are right. I don't know what the circumstances will be at that time but I can assure you one thing that I would never abort child under any circumstances. I will do whatever  I can to be a good mother even if I can't afford that child at that time I would never abort my child!!! That I am sure of!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Naina_Manam thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Minnie

That made me smile too....

Naina, you remind me of myself when I was 16, and I too held equally radical views and was a feminist of first degree...ready to banish my woud be husband if he so much as raised his voice....😆

I still am a feminist, and don't take crap easily. But I have also learned a few hard lessons. That one does not always have a say when it comes to the matters of marriage, sex arguably being the strongest bond to keep a marriage fresh , alive and the best way to convey to your partner your love , that contraception can actually give rise to complications in human body like allergy, severe painful infection,so much so that it can give rise to complications.....that sometimes " not having sex" is simply not an option.....

I agree that abortion should be the last resort and should not be used as contraceptive. However, a basic fact is, if you cannot give the happiness and security a child deserves,or if your own life is at jeopardy, or bringing another child can actually affects the well biend of older children, it gets essential to make such difficult decision....I beleive, if you cannot take care of a child, you have no right to bring it to this world......

My grandmother died giving birth to her ninth child, 4 out of existing eight had already died of disease and neglect, the nineth died with her during child birth. My father was just  seven,  his oldest brother, 12.  The  four of them grew up without a proper care and utmost neglect, and after my grandfather re married and went on another spree of childbirth, they were almost left to fend for themselves.....

Taking away the right to abortion is the worst thing you can do to a woman....

Hi Minnie I respect your thoughts and I am thinking that you are married and I am not so maybe I don't understand as much complications of married life as you do but still I think that abortion is the worst desicion a woman, a mother, or even a wife could take...... So I personally would NEVER do such a thing or recommend it under ANY circumstances!

sowmyaa thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Minnie

That made me smile too....

Naina, you remind me of myself when I was 16, and I too held equally radical views and was a feminist of first degree...ready to banish my woud be husband if he so much as raised his voice....😆

I still am a feminist, and don't take crap easily. But I have also learned a few hard lessons. That one does not always have a say when it comes to the matters of marriage, sex arguably being the strongest bond to keep a marriage fresh , alive and the best way to convey to your partner your love , that contraception can actually give rise to complications in human body like allergy, severe painful infection,so much so that it can give rise to complications.....that sometimes " not having sex" is simply not an option.....

I agree that abortion should be the last resort and should not be used as contraceptive. However, a basic fact is, if you cannot give the happiness and security a child deserves,or if your own life is at jeopardy, or bringing another child can actually affects the well biend of older children, it gets essential to make such difficult decision....I beleive, if you cannot take care of a child, you have no right to bring it to this world......

My grandmother died giving birth to her ninth child, 4 out of existing eight had already died of disease and neglect, the nineth died with her during child birth. My father was just seven, his oldest brother, 12. The four of them grew up without a proper care and utmost neglect, and after my grandfather re married and went on another spree of childbirth, they were almost left to fend for themselves.....

Taking away the right to abortion is the worst thing you can do to a woman....

I totally agree with minnie...and reminds me of my views and being feminist when i was 16.... I have already expressed my views and i totally agree "taking away the right to abort is the worst thing you can do to a woman".....Edited by bgdesai - 18 years ago