•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago
Source: India Express

BINDAAS GIRL
Shriya Sharma, 9

Instant recall: The girl in the Asian Paints ad who eggs her brother to paste pictures of animals on the walls to make a zoo. "Bindaas kaat," she says with authority. When the parents call up, pat comes the reply, "Pata nahi Chintoo kuch cutting-shutting kar raha hai." This pert, young imp is also the Whirlpool girl.
CV: Ads for Colgate, Whirlpool, Clinic Plus, Nirma, Santoor soap, Asian Paints, Sunfeast Pasta, HDFC, Punjab National Bank. Shriya has also acted in Hindi soaps Kasauti Zindagi Kay, Jhoot Bole Kauwa Kaate and Telugu film Jai Chiranjeeva.
Coming up: Yash Raj Films' Laaga Chunari Mein Daag.
Shriya's story: She made her first appearance on television as a four-year-old in a small segment in the Say Na Something to Anupam Uncle. The response was tremendous. This prompted her father Vikas Sharma, an engineer, to get her portfolio made. She was rejected in eight auditions until she was signed to play the lead in the disputed TV show Kanhaiya. Her role in Kasauti got her an Indian Telly Award for the Best Child Artiste.
Favourite assignment: The Asian Paints ad. "Even I make drawings of Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck and paste them on my cupboard."
When I grow up: "I haven't decided."

"Ajay uncle and Kajol aunty played lots of games with me during the Whirlpool ad."
What I want for my next birthday: "An ad with Amitabh Bachchan."
Parent trap: "When Shriya was younger, she used to cry if we didn't let her participate in a stage event," says Vikas.
Did you know: The Himachal Pradesh (her parents are from the state) government has given her the Pride of Himachal award.

wow.....shez a pride 4 her parents
wow she has done a lot more things in this very small age.........

😊 😊
Shes ssssssooooooooooo cuteee! I simplyyy loveeee her!! Alll the best Shriya....hope you reach great heights of success!! 👏 👏
shez really v cute! adorable kid!! she came in a tamil movie too.. jillunu oru kadal she was v cute in it!! 😳
Ya she is very cute..She was superb in Kasauti 👏
She z such a sweet gal!She played da role of Sneha in Kasauti! 😊
wow shes a wonder girl .. a real small wonder 😛