Ananth Mahadevan - ANAMIKA is mystery

salonishah thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Ananth Mahadevan - ANAMIKA is mystery genre

www.glamsham.com

view ANAMIKA movie stills

view ANAMIKA movie stills

Though all eyes seem to be focused on TASHAN which arrives next week, a suspense thriller is quietly making its way into theaters in a few weeks from now. It is ANAMIKA - THE UNTOLD STORY directed by Ananth Narayan Mahadevan who earlier found some acclaim his way, courtesy AKSAR which was a success at the box office.

With a REBECCA inspiration to its storyline, ANAMIKA appears to be a suspense drama in the offering. Is it true?

Replies Ananth Mahadevan, "I would rather define ANAMIKA as a mystery than a suspense drama. There is a mystic feel to the proceedings with a lot of things which would be left unexplained in the narrative. As a viewer you have to be constantly engaged since the answers to the 'whats' and 'hows' won't be in the offering on the platter."

Continuing to talk about the essence of the film, Ananth explains, "The film is beyond realms. There would be a lot of space which would be explored in the film."

On being questioned if there would be a feel similar to that of classic BEES SAAL BAAD in ANAMIKA, Ananth replies in negative. He says, "I would say that the film belongs more to the genre of a MAHAL or a MADHUMATI than a BEES SAAL BAAD. In the film you would sense a feeling of something supernatural in the background though the reasons for the same would be revealed only as the plot thickens."

ANAMIKA - THE UNTOLD STORY comes after Ananth didn't have a particularly great 2007 with neither AGGAR nor VICTORIA NO. 203 working at the box office. However, with ANAMIKA - THE UNTOLD STORY, Ananth is looking at gaining success for himself with the film boasting of a good mix of star cast in the form of Dino Morea, Minissha Lamba, Koena Mitra and Aarti Chhabaria.

With music by Anu Malik, the film is currently looking at a 2nd May release.

Read / Post comments on this article       type=text/javascript> addthis_url = location.href; addthis_title = document.title; addthis_pub = 'bhaushah'; src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/addthis_widget.php?v=12" type=text/javascript>

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ELAS101 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
I have read the book Rebecca, and it's really good so I hope they do a good job with the movie!