semi-final dance performances: my take

yipee thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago

hey friends

first of all i really want to say that show ka asli maza mujhe semi finals mein aaya..it was really nice to see all dancers, singers and comedians cheer for each other...

now overall i will admit i was slightly let down by the dance performances as i expected a higher level overall..after all ustaadon ka ustaad banne ke liye level bhi waisa hona chhaiye...

i will start in the order they performed

manish-poonam - it was a far better performance than previous time..👏the movements were clean, there was finesse, grace and overall the dance n song was beautiful..i wud give them 8.5/10...i cut 1.5 marks - 1 because they missed beat couple of times and 0.5 more because the steps were slightly repetitive, i know in tht dance form its tough to bring too many variations but just a lil more wud have taken the dance to a different level altogether...

jay-bindi - first of all, i was enjoying saroj-javed fight😆 kya bachon ki tarah lad rahe the..i agree saroj knows more abt dance than javed but both shud have just given their opinion and not dragged it so much..but anyways we got entertained😆

well i wud give them 8.5/10...the concept was great...choreography was gud and bindi is an absolute delight to watch..i have been her fan since JDJ1 days...and was very happy that she proved to saroj khan that she is superb...

jay was gud and i really appreciate his efforts but he needs to bring in more finesse and energy in his dance...esp for the dance they did if he wud have shown more force, impact wud have been much better...but i def did not think he was weak at all

kashmera krushna - first i will say that i have been one of the biggest critic of this jodi in NB3..most of the times i felt they were overrated...but i must admit that this time they were superb👏...krushna is brilliant in indian style that we all know and i liked kash too...usually she goes overboard with her expressions but am glad she gave just the right expressions and was graceful too...slightly she cud be even more better though..but overall great ustaadon waala performance...smart choice of song..9.5/10...hats off to their choreographer who did a swell job..👏

sandhya-javed - ok i am very happy saroj ji pointed one thing in the episode..that jhalak contestants r usually stuck to some typical steps..means they bring in lifts everywhere...both sandhya and shweta r great dancers and i feel they can carry even dances without lifts very well esp shweta...so i dont know y jumps/lifts r brought in everywhere..anyways...sandhya javed performed very well and if only their choreography had more nautanki it wud have been amazing...i give them 8.5/10 because they cud have done much better with choreography..i am feeling very bad cutting their marks as sandhya did perform steps which are very tough esp the end of their dance it must have hurt her so much...but like i said lil let down by choreo.and saroj ji was right javed was more graceful than sandhya😆

shweta longi - ok i have already mentioned the problem in their choreography in previous para..shweta cud do wonders with the song which longi cudnt bring out...in terms of choreography, javed's choreography was still better than longi's acc to meam sooooooo sad but i wud give them 8/10...i hope they bounce back with a bang in their next performance as shweta is a dancer par excellence..technically its tough to find any flaw in her

rajeshwari varun - they performed well...it was like they were gud not bad not great...maybe because i felt their energy level, madness and pep was not matching the song..more pep was required and lil bit difficulty element was required ..frankly speaking i did not enjoy their performance a loti love this couple n they r brilliant dancers...hope they bounce back next time..but for this i wud give 8/10

please do share ur views

Edited by yipee - 16 years ago